PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

Kermit
10-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Per Kolpack on Twitter: Gratzek out this week and likely longer with an MCL. Jensen has a turf toe and may be out. Uff da!

Bison"FANatic"
10-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Per Kolpack on Twitter: Gratzek out this week and likely longer with an MCL. Jensen has a turf toe and may be out. Uff da!

Dang I have been waiting to here the news on Gratzek. That sucks and is going to be tough or just about impossible to replace.

And Jensen :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

tjbison
10-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Man that sucks for Gratzek, hopefully it not in need of surgury

HandoEX
10-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I think Jose will be ready if needed. He played a quality game against YSU last year.

Is Veldman progressing? He has only had like 3 catches for 25 yards on the season. We could sure use a healthy #82 right now!

Time for Perry, Drevlow, Phillips, and either Gimmestad or Juckem to step up. Gratzek will be a really, really big loss!

99Bison
10-04-2010, 06:59 PM

Bad stuff there.

BadlandsBison
10-04-2010, 07:05 PM
:( Shoot! Get better guys.

HerdBot
10-04-2010, 07:26 PM

I have a lot of faith in matt phillips. He filled in well for Fairbairn last year. Good opportunity for the young guys to make a name for themselves.

THEsocalledfan
10-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Jensen has a turf toe and may be out. Uff da!

As was the greatest line in Johnny Be Good, "Rub some dirt on it and get back in there."

Jensen MUST play. I have zero faith in Jose unless we start running option.

TransAmBison
10-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Why can't Bohl/Vigen get turf toe, or damage their MCL instead?

tony
10-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Wow, really feel for Gratzek. Hopefully it's not too bad. Getting injured: Bad. Getting injured in your senior season: Terrible.

Get well soon, guys!

GradBison
10-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Gratzek suffered damage to his meniscus (not MCL as previously reported on my Twitter)

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2010/10/04/not-a-good-weekend/

NorthernBison
10-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Turf toe is no joke. That is one of the more debilitating injuries that a runner can have. It takes a long time to heal. Just a nagging thing that never seems to go away during the season. Hope he has a minor case or we won't see him do much for a while.

DjKyRo
10-04-2010, 10:05 PM
As much of a powerhouse Gratzek is in the middle....it's not the most terrible injury we could've had position-wise. Yes, he's tough to replace, but with Perry starting at the left spot Matt Phillips can step in and brings some valuable senior experience to the mix. I'm sure Cole Jirik or Ryan Drevlow could fill in as well - heck, I'd prelimiarily considered Drevlow as a starter along with Perry in the middle for next season.

Grizzled
10-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Gratzek is hands down our best defensive player and there is a night and day difference when he is in the game, our lb's will agree with that. He commands a double team, none of our other d-linemen do that. With a running team coming up on the schedule this is not good.

tjbison
10-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Gratzek is hands down our best defensive player and there is a night and day difference when he is in the game, our lb's will agree with that. He commands a double team, none of our other d-linemen do that. With a running team coming up on the schedule this is not good.

Yep he is NOT replaceable yet.

tony
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM

Totally agree - Gratzek is outstanding. If he's out, the other guys are going to have to step up in a big way.

EndZoneQB
10-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Yep he is NOT replaceable yet.

That's the keyword. Who knows what happens with a week of prep for another player. Sometimes the next "great" just needs a chance to shine.

Totally agree - Gratzek is outstanding. If he's out, the other guys are going to have to step up in a big way.

Yep, situations like this are where you find your future. Everyone else around the fill-in needs to step up their game to ease the transition.

sambini
10-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Totally agree - Gratzek is outstanding. If he's out, the other guys are going to have to step up in a big way. GET WELL MATT+++

JustinTyem
10-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Brock will play on sat., now will he practice all week im not sure??? Take my word,Brock will play. I will say this though,that turf......IS A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

Kermit
10-05-2010, 12:40 AM

Agree. I've been trying to figure out all year why Gratzek spends as much time on the sidelines as he does.

tjbison
10-05-2010, 12:47 AM
Agree. I've been trying to figure out all year why Gratzek spends as much time on the sidelines as he does.

There is talent all over the damn field that does not get utilized, like 6'7" TE, some RB's etc.......just makes my head spin

ndsubison1
10-05-2010, 12:49 AM

+++++++++

We will def. be able to tell a difference when he is out on Saturday. DL is the most important unit on defense and not having your best defender in there will hurt. Perry/Drevlow/Phillips should be decent but Gratzek is someone you just cant replace

VanClubPres
10-05-2010, 03:30 AM
So is it just me, or does it seem like the Fargodome AstroPavement has claimed some more victims? It SEEMS like there are always more injuries for both sides of the ball in Fargo.

56BISON73
10-05-2010, 03:33 AM
Weve played 5 games and we just got a knee and a toe. Not bad.

AEBison1998
10-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Two injuries and it's the most important person on each side of the ball. Nice.

Fast50Dad
10-05-2010, 01:37 PM

Matt has been hurt since the beginning of the season first playing with a pulled muscle in his chest / under his ribs. Now the knee. I am all about defense and noticed him not on the field. His leadership presence is still there. He was consistently talking to the team, pumping them up, and doing what he can on the sidelines during the WIU game.

Go Bison!

bisonhusker
10-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Paging Justin Juckem...time to enjoy the spotlight!

bisonmike2
10-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Brock will play on sat., now will he practice all week im not sure??? Take my word,Brock will play. I will say this though,that turf......IS A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

If Brock plays his mobility is going to be severely limited. We might have to resort to the old Chicago Bears "Dragon" offense under Rexy Grossman. Drop back and chuck that f**ker up.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_TqOQ05h0pCw/Rx5UljBZp7I/AAAAAAAAADc/pXED5Gf2IQk/s400/rexshirt.jpg

stevdock
10-05-2010, 05:22 PM
There is talent all over the damn field that does not get utilized, like 6'7" TE, some RB's etc.......just makes my head spin

It was quite obvious on Saturday that our 6'7" TE is still hurt. He had problems moving out there.

CAS4127
10-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Is there any word on Smith and Y he wasn't returning KO's? Anything said on BF? Just wondering, and hope to God it was not some grand scheme the coaches came up with to "out-smart" WIU---I don't even want to think about that!!!

EndZoneQB
10-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Is there any word on Smith and Y he wasn't returning KO's? Anything said on BF? Just wondering, and hope to God it was not some grand scheme the coaches came up with to "out-smart" WIU---I don't even want to think about that!!!

Basically: they liked what Marcus brought to the KR team better. Bigger, stronger...Smith was getting arm tackled(DUH, he's a TRUE freshman?!)

CAS4127
10-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Basically: they liked what Marcus brought to the KR team better. Bigger, stronger...Smith was getting arm tackled(DUH, he's a TRUE freshman?!)

"They" have drills that teach kids how to pick their feet up in traffic!! Maybe Bison coaches haven't been to that clinic yet!!:hide:

EndZoneQB
10-05-2010, 06:16 PM
"They" have drills that teach kids how to pick their feet up in traffic!! Maybe Bison coaches haven't been to that clinic yet!!:hide:

It isn't so much picking up his feet, he's getting taken down with the "thigh wrap" type tackle aka he needs to add some strength. Bohl referenced it a bunch in previous shows, and I think he mentioned it during the show this week. Either way, I feel a little upset about the redshirt coming off, but having a fresh player to return punts is pretty important. If we get a TD out of him this year, I don't think it will be wasted.

CAS4127
10-05-2010, 06:37 PM
It isn't so much picking up his feet, he's getting taken down with the "thigh wrap" type tackle aka he needs to add some strength. Bohl referenced it a bunch in previous shows, and I think he mentioned it during the show this week. Either way, I feel a little upset about the redshirt coming off, but having a fresh player to return punts is pretty important. If we get a TD out of him this year, I don't think it will be wasted.

I see--ya, he is what I like to call a "track guy", as in a gust of wind will knock them over or push them out of bounds. Man, tho, they didn't see that in practice, wtf?!

BigBison99
10-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I heard Gratzek is out for 4 weeks MINIMUM! HEART BREAKER! He will truely be missed!
Now it's def time for the younger guys to step-up and play their hearts out! Get a good preview for whats to come in the future.

ndsubison1
10-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Great opportunity for Perry, Drevlow, Juckem, Gimmestad, whoever, to step up

HandoEX
10-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Whatever happened to Gary Williams?

Kermit
10-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Whatever happened to Gary Williams?

They've shortened the rotation at WR. Holloway, Mack, and Howard are getting all the reps. Duchsher and Williams are the odd men out.

EndZoneQB
10-05-2010, 10:38 PM
They've shortened the rotation at WR. Holloway, Mack, and Howard are getting all the reps. Duchsher and Williams are the odd men out.

For what reason? The only one producing is Holloway. Time to switch things up.

tjbison
10-05-2010, 11:03 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your funny!! Switch things up, only teams that can adjust do that what are you thinking:hide:

ndsubison1
10-06-2010, 01:51 AM
i wanna see cooper wahlo start getting some reps

westnodak93bison
10-06-2010, 02:44 AM
i wanna see cooper wahlo start getting some reps

IMHO, Cooper looked timid in the spring game. Hopefully he comes around.

RunDMc34
10-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Haha Gary Williams is a horrid route runner I think the only passes he's ever caught are one go routes. I would like to see a different slot guy. Smith, Sigers, Duchersher, I just haven't bought into howard as a security blanket guy who gets open. Ps get Matt Veldman off the field until he is healthy he was beyond worthless at 50% last week.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-06-2010, 05:09 AM

rewatch KU game....if they use Mack the right way he can make stuff happen

NDSUFan_Sav
10-06-2010, 05:11 AM

I know he plans on playing we'll see what happens though.

Thunder_Struck
10-06-2010, 12:58 PM
The only WR I have seen in the last few years look good catch the ball going across the middle was Howard and that was in the spring game.

EndZoneQB
10-06-2010, 01:12 PM
rewatch KU game....if they use Mack the right way he can make stuff happen

Oh no, I know that....but he hasn't done anything since that game...his fault or not. Switch it up. Plus, after watching a few games, I can tell you that the reason Mohler was starting is because he can hit the short rhythm passes that the WCO requires. Jensen is sporadic at best on his underneath stuff...but he can stretch the field better.

CAS4127
10-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Oh no, I know that....but he hasn't done anything since that game...his fault or not. Switch it up. Plus, after watching a few games, I can tell you that the reason Mohler was starting is because he can hit the short rhythm passes that the WCO requires. Jensen is sporadic at best on his underneath stuff...but he can stretch the field better.

Having the ability to stretch the field IS REQUIRED in WCO in order to make the underneath stuff more effective (think, why did Vikes just sign #84?). OH, NO, we are going to have to start rotating QB's now depending on the play call!! Can you say even more predictible!! NO--Jensen just needs more reps to get the rhythm and timing and we will be fine, just hope it comes sooner rather than later.

EndZoneQB
10-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Having the ability to stretch the field IS REQUIRED in WCO in order to make the underneath stuff more effective (think, why did Vikes just sign #84?). OH, NO, we are going to have to start rotating QB's now depending on the play call!! Can you say even more predictible!! NO--Jensen just needs more reps to get the rhythm and timing and we will be fine, just hope it comes sooner rather than later.

Right, which is why the coaches were hesitant to start Jensen over Mohler. My question is, does Mohler just not have a deep arm? I mean he got recruited as a D-I QB, can he not throw 45-50 yards? If not, who is training him??

Oddly enough, I've always heard that Perez has the strongest arm of the 3. I wouldn't be turned off by him getting some playing time if Jensen isn't feeling up to snuff.

aces1180
10-06-2010, 03:42 PM
According to Kolpack's Twitter, Jensen will start on Saturday against YSU.

56BISON73
10-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Haha Gary Williams is a horrid route runner I think the only passes he's ever caught are one go routes. I would like to see a different slot guy. Smith, Sigers, Duchersher, I just haven't bought into howard as a security blanket guy who gets open. Ps get Matt Veldman off the field until he is healthy he was beyond worthless at 50% last week.

Just a thought. If we are having problems with the TE why not put a wide receiver at that position to give us more of a passing attack? Or play him off the LOS a half a yard for a different look. They used to call him a flanker-wing man-or slot back I believe. You could actually flood a zone with receivers or set up a pick like WIU did to us. I know that just sounds silly doesnt it.

CAS4127
10-06-2010, 03:44 PM
"can he not throw 45-50 yards? If not, who is training him?? "

Not sure you can "train" that Endzone, unless you are talking about throwing 45-50 accurately-wise as opposed to distance-wise. The former can be "trained", the latter I don't think can.

coldspot
10-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Just a thought. If we are having problems with the TE why not put a wide receiver at that position to give us more of a passing attack? Or play him off the LOS a half a yard for a different look. They used to call him a flanker-wing man-or slot back I believe. You could actually flood a zone with receivers or set up a pick like WIU did to us. I know that just sounds silly doesnt it.

or put a fullback there for the blocking aspect on the running plays (i think i remember seeing that being done already but its hard to tell from the nosebleeds) or to set up a quick screen to a wideout.

EndZoneQB
10-06-2010, 03:57 PM
"can he not throw 45-50 yards? If not, who is training him?? "

Not sure you can "train" that Endzone, unless you are talking about throwing 45-50 accurately-wise as opposed to distance-wise. The former can be "trained", the latter I don't think can.

Yeah maybe you're right, I just always figured you could strengthen your throwing arm, even just a little. I mean, I could toss the ball 40-50 yards. I guess I'm no QB coach tho.

TransAmBison
10-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Yeah maybe you're right, I just always figured you could strengthen your throwing arm, even just a little. I mean, I could toss the ball 40-50 yards. I guess I'm no QB coach tho.
Yeah, we know you've been "trying". I don't think that works.*

*TWSS

bisonhusker
10-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Right, which is why the coaches were hesitant to start Jensen over Mohler. My question is, does Mohler just not have a deep arm? I mean he got recruited as a D-I QB, can he not throw 45-50 yards? If not, who is training him??

Oddly enough, I've always heard that Perez has the strongest arm of the 3. I wouldn't be turned off by him getting some playing time if Jensen isn't feeling up to snuff.

Mohler won the long toss contest at the Nebraska camp at 73 yards.

CAS4127
10-06-2010, 04:24 PM

Was there D-line pressure on him?

EndZoneQB
10-06-2010, 04:32 PM

Ok, so what gives? lol. I mean, where was the Holloway play with Mohler? Maybe he just can't see 2nd and 3rd level throws.

tcbison
10-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Ok, so what gives? lol. I mean, where was the Holloway play with Mohler? Maybe he just can't see 2nd and 3rd level throws.

Mohler can't see over his offensive lineman.

JustinTyem
10-06-2010, 04:56 PM
YSU doesnt have WIU's Defense, so some things will happen on saturday.But If I was Brock I wouldnt trust all the other guys either. Like his first start,the first 4 of 5 passes were DROPPED right in the window,Then maybe he thought if he would throw the ball a bit high the other guys would have caught those.But again they didnt. And Holloway makes some damn good catches,yet brock throws the ball only were his guys can catch them, thats why the one stat is clean. These other WR/TE's need to just start catching the ball. Cause Brock and Holloway cant carry the whole Offense!!!

Siouxfallsbison
10-06-2010, 04:58 PM
YSU doesnt have WIU's Defense, so some things will happen on saturday.But If I was Brock I wouldnt trust all the other guys either. Like his first start,the first 4 of 5 passes were DROPPED right in the window,Then maybe he thought if he would throw the ball a bit high the other guys would have caught those.But again they didnt. And Holloway makes some damn good catches,yet brock throws the ball only were his guys can catch them, thats why the one stat is clean. These other WR/TE's need to just start catching the ball. Cause Brock and Holloway cant carry the hold Offense!!!

Gebhart and Vraa will next year!!:nod: :hide:

99Bison
10-06-2010, 04:58 PM
The punter had stress fracture and was hurt all of last year... and no one noticed or did anything, huh? :banghead:
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/293813/group/Sports/

99Bison
10-06-2010, 05:00 PM
YSU doesnt have WIU's Defense, so some things will happen on saturday.But If I was Brock I wouldnt trust all the other guys either. Like his first start,the first 4 of 5 passes were DROPPED right in the window,Then maybe he thought if he would throw the ball a bit high the other guys would have caught those.But again they didnt. And Holloway makes some damn good catches,yet brock throws the ball only were his guys can catch them, thats why the one stat is clean. These other WR/TE's need to just start catching the ball. Cause Brock and Holloway cant carry the whole Offense!!!

In fairness to the other "other guys" Holloway dropped the first first down pass on the first series on 3rd down. Or more correctly it bounced off his chest.

CAS4127
10-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Saw that--he's lucky he still has his right leg attached after all the punting he had to do!!

Otherwise, I agree with JT re: Brock and dropped passes. The confidence in the other receivers "should" come as he gets more reps with the 1's, but, then again, his "coach" needs to coach him on that too--just sayin!

JustinTyem
10-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Wow,I thought John Prelvitz just got hurt this year. Im glad I read the whole article.:eeek: :praying:

ndsubison1
10-06-2010, 06:02 PM

i can throw the ball over them mountains

CAS4127
10-06-2010, 06:31 PM
i can throw the ball over them mountains

Drinkin again, Ming? Stay on topic!!!:D