PDA

View Full Version : Scouting NDSU.

lakesbison
10-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Ok Guys, the past couple years I have said this, but Im finally putting it public.

MVFC teams SCOUT NDSU alot harder than any past teams, non-conf. And these coaches know NDSU's offense about as well as us die hard fans do, so its not really a surprise that when we goto our 4-5 "TECMO BOWL" plays, the other teams LB's and Safety's are pointing at what NDSU is running.

Bohl/Vigen are too stubborn to change things up, and that is what's killing us people, you can sit back and say "oh when you run this offense the right way, it will work everytime"

well, maybe if you'd throw a wrinkle in, a CROSSING PATTERN PERHAPS? some quick hitter's, hell, how about a drag pattern by the TE???

NDSU gets scouted hard by MVFC teams, and NDSU's coaches don't implement a gameplan to offset those scouting tendencies, IMHO.

ps- IM STILL MODERATED?!?!?!

Bison Dan
10-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Ok Guys, the past couple years I have said this, but Im finally putting it public.

MVFC teams SCOUT NDSU alot harder than any past teams, non-conf. And these coaches know NDSU's offense about as well as us die hard fans do, so its not really a surprise that when we goto our 4-5 "TECMO BOWL" plays, the other teams LB's and Safety's are pointing at what NDSU is running.

Bohl/Vigen are too stubborn to change things up, and that is what's killing us people, you can sit back and say "oh when you run this offense the right way, it will work everytime"

well, maybe if you'd throw a wrinkle in, a CROSSING PATTERN PERHAPS? some quick hitter's, hell, how about a drag pattern by the TE???

NDSU gets scouted hard by MVFC teams, and NDSU's coaches don't implement a gameplan to offset those scouting tendencies, IMHO.

I agree - were's the 10 yard out or our bread and butter pass play? The slant? Can't throw bombs all game long.....

Herd80
10-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Lord help me, but...I actually agree

I've prayed for a) bubble screen, b) crossing pattern, c) anything that involves a pulling guard or misdirection in the backfield. C has shown up a couple of times, the others...not so much.

I get the issue of expanding the playbook over the course of the year, especially with a young quarterback. What I don't get is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result (cue the Einstein references).

This isn't one of those hyper-critical posts, we are doing a few things different and pretty well over the past few games. However, it appears that (in order to have a shot at post-season) we need to elevate the risk-reward percentages a bit and let Brock sink or swim with more variety in play calling. The middle of the field is seldom tested, except for routine dive plays, and we don't force linebackers to play honest for the most part.

Bison"FANatic"
10-04-2010, 03:53 PM
One scouting thing I found interesting and maybe every team lines up this way. But I watched the coyotes coaches show last week and Meickort said that on our kickoffs they knew exactly where we were going to kick it because if the kicker lined up on the (dont remember the exact yard lines and exactly where the kicks went) 18 we kicked it deep and left, if he lined up on the 20 he went deep right and if he lined up on the 21 we kicked it short. This allowed them to know what return to have on before the kick was even in the air as they had a coach on the sideline signaling it in to their team. Could this be part of why our kick off coverage has been a little lacking???? Maybe not for all I know every team does this and I just never noticed it but I found it interesting we were tipping our hand.

met1990
10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
One scouting thing I found interesting and maybe every team lines up this way. But I watched the coyotes coaches show last week and Meickort said that on our kickoffs they knew exactly where we were going to kick it because if the kicker lined up on the (dont remember the exact yard lines and exactly where the kicks went) 18 we kicked it deep and left, if he lined up on the 20 he went deep right and if he lined up on the 21 we kicked it short. This allowed them to know what return to have on before the kick was even in the air as they had a coach on the sideline signaling it in to their team. Could this be part of why our kick off coverage has been a little lacking???? Maybe not for all I know every team does this and I just never noticed it but I found it interesting we were tipping our hand.

WIU had a guy on the front line pointing which way the kick was going to go so the kickoff team is definitely showing something. I guess it didn't matter much on Saturday as I don't recall a big WIU return.

bisonmike2
10-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I agree with Lakes, but what I don't get is Bohl was suspicious enough to close practices prior to the Kansas game, but not smart enough to change things up or disguise things during the year? That is a serious question. Or is he thinking that people will think that he is disguising stuff so he's decided to not disguise it to make the opposing coaches think, is he disguising this or not? Wow, I just made my head hurt.

Kermit
10-04-2010, 04:09 PM

I suspect that this is accurate. Nonetheless, I think the biggest problem with our kickoff team is personnel. Our kickoff team is smaller and less physical than that of most of our opponents. The ideal kickoff team has a bunch of linebacker types to go with the DB types. We've got 2 true freshman linebackers on the kickoff team (Olson has been pretty good) because we don't have any other backup linebackers who are good enough to put out there.

Thunder_Struck
10-04-2010, 04:47 PM
We've seen the bubble screens a few times to Howard. I don't recall seeing the slant pattern and crossing patterns.

KTF
10-04-2010, 05:07 PM
They ran one crossing pattern for sure on saturday. It was for Holloway in the endzone. It was batted down by one of the safeties (I believe). Would have been an easy touchdown if not for the bat down... first half of game I believe.

The thing that miffed me on saturday was the play calling in the second qtr. with about 5 minutes to go... three straight running plays by DJ at the teeth of the defense... 3 yards each... WTH??? I was at least expecting a PA pass for a short 4-6 yard gain on third down...

stevdock
10-04-2010, 05:16 PM
WIU had a guy on the front line pointing which way the kick was going to go so the kickoff team is definitely showing something. I guess it didn't matter much on Saturday as I don't recall a big WIU return.

I believe when they were pointing they were pointing towards who they were going to block. Especially if you were talking the right side of their front line as I saw the same thing. And the guy he pointed to he ended up trying to block.

bisonfan11
10-04-2010, 05:19 PM
On offense I am not completely sure that we are running a "pure" West Coast Offense. Our ground game is starting to come through, however our passing game is not what a WCO is all about. The WCO is a way more in-depth passing game then what we are seeing right now, heck there has not been 1 game where Jensen has completed over 50% of his passes (60% completion percentage is the norm in the WCO). It seems the only bread and butter play in the passing game is Jensen to Halloway bomb. While the bomb is a nice play to stretch the defense out it is not the only passing play in the WCO. Why not throw more screens and short-range passes to McNorton, I mean when you get McNorton out in space he is as dangerous as any player we have on our roster. What happened to the mid-range (10-15 yard) passing plays? Do we not run them any more? I remember back in the Steve Walker days the mid-range passing part of the offense was so good it was like clock work and NOBODY ever complained that the offense was too vanilla. id Veldman ever going to return this year? I thought that he was going to be a key receiver this year for us. All I know is that offensively we need to add more plays, we DO have the play makers to do that, we just don't seem to utilize them. Oh yeah, if Voightlander is not going to be much of a running back use him as a wide receiver (like McNorton, they did that last year with Voight as well).

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 05:19 PM
I doubt they are scouting us any more than before, at least from an overall perspective. Each conference has scouting "guidelines" or "rules" if you will, that dictate how many game films are exchanged, etc., and each team gets to pick which ones they want. That said, there is nothing in the rules of which I am aware that prevents coaches from opposing teams from talking to one another. In other words, being out "scouted" is essentially the equivalent of being out "coached". Also, NDSU, like most other prominent programs, has a very sophisticated "self-scouting" program, where all play calls are kept track of, input into computer program and results kicked out the other end so that we know if we are being too predicatable in certain field locations and or downs/distances Consequently, our coaches should know just as much as the other team on our own tendencies and "tells" (as in kick-off coverage issues mentioned above). Not sure why we are running this scrum-type kick-off coverage, other than to perhaps mask where our smaller players are going to end up or to "hide" where our gunners are going to be placed. I say line up, kick and party on!

stevdock
10-04-2010, 05:24 PM
The most important play in any playbook is first down. Why did we struggle on Saturday?? Because we were horrible on 1st down. Tough to do short pass plays when you are consistently looking at 2nd and 8+. Tough to pick up 3rd downs when you are looking at 3 and 7+ consistently also.

SDbison
10-04-2010, 05:37 PM
They ran one crossing pattern for sure on saturday. It was for Holloway in the endzone. It was batted down by one of the safeties (I believe). Would have been an easy touchdown if not for the bat down... first half of game I believe.

The thing that miffed me on saturday was the play calling in the second qtr. with about 5 minutes to go... three straight running plays by DJ at the teeth of the defense... 3 yards each... WTH??? I was at least expecting a PA pass for a short 4-6 yard gain on third down...
Bison were down by 18 points and these were the best plays our offensive coordinator could come up with? No question about it, either Vigen gets a clue, or he needs to be fired. This was just terrible and to me it was the turning point in the game. Why not just give up?

bisonhusker
10-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Bison were down by 18 points and these were the best plays our offensive coordinator could come up with? No question about it, either Vigen gets a clue, or he needs to be fired. This was just terrible and to me it was the turning point in the game. Why not just give up?

I would love to know the stats on how many guys can simply move up the ranks and suddenly be the Offensive Coordinator. Typically do be a D1 OC, you have to move around to multiple schools, work under different coaches, maybe even different systems. Anyone miss Dan Enos?

HandoEX
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
The most important play in any playbook is first down. Why did we struggle on Saturday?? Because we were horrible on 1st down. Tough to do short pass plays when you are consistently looking at 2nd and 8+. Tough to pick up 3rd downs when you are looking at 3 and 7+ consistently also.

Excellent point! We were 3 for 13 on 3rd downs :smh:

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I would love to know the stats on how many guys can simply move up the ranks and suddenly be the Offensive Coordinator.

Talk about "moving up the ranks"! One also needs to factor in that he played 9-man football (nothing against 9-man tho, but just sayin) and was a tight end! To often, in both college and pro football (think Bobby B "coaching" Urlacher), it's not what you know, but who you know and how many asses you have kissed and backs you have slapped.

THEsocalledfan
10-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I would love to know the stats on how many guys can simply move up the ranks and suddenly be the Offensive Coordinator.

Talk about "moving up the ranks"! One also needs to factor in that he played 9-man football (nothing against 9-man tho, but just sayin) and was a tight end! To often, in both college and pro football (think Bobby B "coaching" Urlacher), it's not what you know, but who you know and how many asses you have kissed and backs you have slapped.

I fully agree with you guys on this. I simply cannot defend Vigen this week. The offensive players, overall, played pretty well in my book other than the fumbles. The play calls were pretty darn poor, however.

To me, both defensive and offensive coordinators really should have spent some time elsewhere before they get the job. There are many different philosophies, etc. that can be learned when you are not in Fargo all the time.

SDbison
10-04-2010, 06:05 PM

As a fan something has to change.......I am tired of the vanila, simple plays that any high school coach could set up a defense to defend. The offensive coordinator is the current weak link at NDSU. Lets do something about it.

EndZoneQB
10-04-2010, 06:37 PM
The one thing that really has really bugged me for 3+ years is our receivers ALWAYS get covered with an inside technique. Generally that means man coverage BUT it also means the OUT pattern should be there ALL day. A half yard shade is enough for a completion to the outside. They are sitting on the inside routes of the WCO...if the receiver puts one foot towards the inside right before he breaks, it will cause the DB to react to that, and boom, that half yard shade now becomes a yard+...easy completion, move the sticks. IMO, it is something that doesn't even need to be called in the huddle, you should be able to signal that receiver with a nod, etc when you come up to the line. I could teach my 8yr old cousin to read that coverage. You don't even have to look to that side...just snap your head around and throw to a spot. It might only work for a game or two, but you know what? It'll open up a bunch more plays.

stevdock
10-04-2010, 08:38 PM

I agree with alot of what you have had to say since the season started but what the heck does playing 9-man football and being a tight end have to do with being a quality OC?? Absolutely nothing. Bill Walsh played his college ball at San Jose St. as a Tight End and Defensive End. Think that made him any less of an OC and eventually head coach. Mike Martz also played Tight End in college. I'm not saying Vigen will become the next Walsh or Martz, but a TE could become an offensive mastermind.

If it helps any, I believe Vigen played some QB in HS, but then again that was 9-man and it doesn't count. Do I think the coaching needs to improve?? YES. Does it matter what position he played in college and HS?? NO.

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Stev: Good point. What was meant somewhat was that he has "moved up the ranks" from 9-man to OC for a DI program fairly quickly without much other "exposure".

I would like to have OC that has more expanded experience. "Smarts" outside of football doesn' hurt either, but I have no idea whether Vigen is generally intelligent or not. I do have an opinion on Bobby B's intelligence tho!!

KTF
10-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I listened to Vigens post game interview on saturday, it seemed like he was overwhelmed by the game... Not good for an OC in my mind. If you are overwhelmed it tells me they don't grasp there job.

I can see Bohl throwing Vigen under the bus at the end of the season...

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Taylor may be driving it tho, and swerve to make sure he gets both of them!!

Overwhelmed?? That may tell us something about his general intelligence and constitution.

bisonmike2
10-04-2010, 09:22 PM

Taylor may be driving it tho, and swerve to make sure he gets both of them!!

Overwhelmed?? That may tell us something about his general intelligence and constitution.

No way Bohl get fired this year. Won't happen.

HerdBot
10-04-2010, 09:29 PM

ps- IM STILL MODERATED?!?!?!

Wouldn't have worked with 5 linebackers and the crazy defense theywere running with 5 backers on the line of scrimmge but we need to throw deep because it worked. But we also needed some swing passes, quick hitches, and bubble screens to keep the defense guessing. The option would have been a good play but Brock hasn't had enough reps to master it.

roadwarrior
10-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Who is calling into Bison feedback tonight between 6 and 7 and asking some tough questions?

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Who is calling into Bison feedback tonight between 6 and 7 and asking some tough questions?

Like, "What is Gene Taylor's private telephone number, as I have something to tell him?"???!!!

Dabison
10-05-2010, 01:14 PM
I fully agree with you guys on this. I simply cannot defend Vigen this week. The offensive players, overall, played pretty well in my book other than the fumbles. The play calls were pretty darn poor, however.

To me, both defensive and offensive coordinators really should have spent some time elsewhere before they get the job. There are many different philosophies, etc. that can be learned when you are not in Fargo all the time.

Like Mike Breske?

lakesbison
10-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Tell you what, scouting is huge. We all have watched 40-50 games of ndsu's in last 3-4 years. It's the same plays, same schemes. Just adding a wrinkle here or there would help. We get shouted hard and its the reason we lose games.

1) scouting
2) tecmo bowl playbook
3) not audibling
4)not much nickel package
5) NOT FIRED UP!!!!

Dabison
10-05-2010, 01:33 PM
When an offense is not producing it is easy to point fingers at the OC. Looking at the stats from Saturday we had 8 penalties and the fumble that stalled drives. Up until the fumble in the first series we looked good on offense. Total yards in the game were similar with NDSU gaining 6 or 7 more.

A good point was made that on first down we sucked, giving us fewer options on 2nd & 3rd and long. I still believe it's coming down to execution and maybe a little PRIDE. Vigen's earned his spot as the OC, and he's probably the smartest guy on NDSU's coaching staff. If you get all your facts from watching in the stands on Saturdays you're not very credible. If you make copies of the game and break it down... Your're a crazy and should spend more time on your paying job.

The fact is that we are still a year away from being a good football team that shows consistant play week in and week out. With only 4 seniors playing for each side of the ball we are a inexperienced team.

Buy into the program, be a sellout, but until the end of the season and until someone is fired lets keep some positive karma going around. We could really use some.

Like I said before.. Not throwing any stones yet.

TransAmBison
10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
When an offense is not producing it is easy to point fingers at the OC. Looking at the stats from Saturday we had 8 penalties and the fumble that stalled drives. Up until the fumble in the first series we looked good on offense. Total yards in the game were similar with NDSU gaining 6 or 7 more.

A good point was made that on first down we sucked, giving us fewer options on 2nd & 3rd and long. I still believe it's coming down to execution and maybe a little PRIDE. Vigen's earned his spot as the OC, and he's probably the smartest guy on NDSU's coaching staff. If you get all your facts from watching in the stands on Saturdays you're not very credible. If you make copies of the game and break it down... Your're a crazy and should spend more time on your paying job.

The fact is that we are still a year away from being a good football team that shows consistant play week in and week out. With only 4 seniors playing for each side of the ball we are a inexperienced team.

Buy into the program, be a sellout, but until the end of the season and until someone is fired lets keep some positive karma going around. We could really use some.

I think we've got a submission for another thread...

bisonmike2
10-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I think we've got a submission for another thread...

I think he just went full retard.

Herd Hauler
10-05-2010, 03:58 PM

I agree, if Vigen was all that terrible he wouldn't have survived after the Babich era was over. Nobody was complaining when he was the QB coach/passing cord. when Walker was around or when he was the RB coach when Gordon and Steffes played. To much blame put on the coach and not on lack of execution. I think he is qualified for this position

TransAmBison
10-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I agree, if Vigen was all that terrible he wouldn't have survived after the Babich era was over. Nobody was complaining when he was the QB coach/passing cord. when Walker was around or when he was the RB coach when Gordon and Steffes played. To much blame put on the coach and not on lack of execution. I think he is qualified for this position
No complaints? Have you actually read bisonville? He has been called out ever since Walker has been gone. The complaints have just gotten louder and louder. You can believe he is qualified, but you can't say people haven't complained. I think he must have some good coaching qualities, but in no way shape or form do I think he should be within 100 yards of the qb or the offensive playbook. He shouldn't even glance in the playbooks direction. Face it, his crayons are dull and he can't keep within the lines. Heck, he only has a couple pictures to color and those look like my 3 year old twins colored them. No, they wouldn't call a better game either, but I bet they could guess the plays we are running!

CAS4127
10-05-2010, 04:40 PM
"I think he must have some good coaching qualities, but in no way shape or form do I think he should be within 100 yards of the qb or the offensive playbook. He shouldn't even glance in the playbooks direction."

Well stated, TAB, and I am sure (now that I actually have met you and know your persnality to an extent) that there was nothing implied by the reference to "100 yards"--kinda liked that one.

And to add my own follow-up comments, I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who is not a big football fan and has yet to be to a game since NDSU went DI, until this past weekend. His comment (unsolicitated I might add) was that NDSU did not seem to have an offensive "game plan". It seemed to him that we just ran a play, huddled, ran another play, and that there was no continuity to the play calling whatsoever. Hmmmmm, a non-football mind even saw this?!! Break out the crayons!!

EndZoneQB
10-05-2010, 06:12 PM
People talk about the execution. Fine, maybe its not there. But what do you do when execution isn't getting the job done, you try a little trickery...something to get the momentum back, etc. If you aren't able to impose your will, confuse them!

bisonmike2
10-05-2010, 06:14 PM
People talk about the execution. Fine, maybe its not there. But what do you do when execution isn't getting the job done, you try a little trickery...something to get the momentum back, etc. If you aren't able to impose your will, confuse them!

Dive play for 2 yards. Next question.

EndZoneQB
10-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Dive play for 2 yards. Next question.

Power left, power right, 3yard out to the FB in the flats. Wait, are we talking Bison or Vikings?

CAS4127
10-05-2010, 06:20 PM

EZQB::If you are implying that our play calling was intentionally made to "trick" WIU, then we are in way more of a hurt bag then I thought at the OC position (plus, it obviously didn't work). If it's execution problems, you don't try trickery, you go back to the basics in practice for awhile (and execution should be coached and re-coached--it's call practice reps). Also, That's like sayin, if you can't impress someone with your intelligence, then baffle them with your bullshit--or however that effin sayin goes--but; I'm "just sayin"!!

EndZoneQB
10-05-2010, 06:26 PM
EZQB::If you are implying that our play calling was intentionally made to "trick" WIU, then we are in way more of a hurt bag then I thought at the OC position (plus, it obviously didn't work). If it's execution problems, you don't try trickery, you go back to the basics in practice for awhile (and execution should be coached and re-coached--it's call practice reps). Also, That's like sayin, if you can't impress someone with your intelligence, then baffle them with your bullshit--or however that effin sayin goes--but; I'm "just sayin"!!

LOL, no you took that wrong. I'm saying if you can't just impose your will, you need to get creative and try something off the cuff. When people mention lack execution, I think it starts up front. We need to be creative to make up for our lack of execution.

CAS4127
10-05-2010, 06:28 PM
LOL, no you took that wrong. I'm saying if you can't just impose your will, you need to get creative and try something off the cuff. When people mention lack execution, I think it starts up front. We need to be creative to make up for our lack of execution.

The we're on the same page--I'll just refer you to my several posts from a few weeks ago the we need to be more "creative" in our play calling. PEACE BROTHER!!

EndZoneQB
10-05-2010, 06:32 PM
The we're on the same page--I'll just refer you to my several posts from a few weeks ago the we need to be more "creative" in our play calling. PEACE BROTHER!!

Oh yeah, I definitely hear ya! I've been screaming it for a year or two or more haha. Sitting in the endzone, I often get to see the field as the QB does...and it irritates me when I can pick little things that are open, etc before the play starts, or even throughout the course of a game.

lakesbison
11-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Ok. so if you were SDSU and you had the film of the past 9 games of NDSU...

you would see the same generic 5-6 plays that NDSU runs, the roll out with the RB and TE dragging, etc etc, etc.

Maybe the WHOLE year of vanilla has been building up specifically for the SDSU game?? it would be genious if NDSU came out with a 4 WR set and Jose and DJ in the back field and OPEN THIS SUCKER UP!!!

Draw to DJ, both of them rolling out together to a side for 3 options for jose. crossing patterns with the 2 WR's on each side and watch SDSU corners trip over themselves.

wouldnt sdsu just crap themselves???

or am I dreaming.

Tatanka
11-08-2010, 03:17 PM

you would see the same generic 5-6 plays that NDSU runs, the roll out with the RB and TE dragging, etc etc, etc.

Maybe the WHOLE year of vanilla has been building up specifically for the SDSU game?? it would be genious if NDSU came out with a 4 WR set and Jose and DJ in the back field and OPEN THIS SUCKER UP!!!

Draw to DJ, both of them rolling out together to a side for 3 options for jose. crossing patterns with the 2 WR's on each side and watch SDSU corners trip over themselves.

or am I dreaming.

Yes, and yes.

HerdBot
11-08-2010, 03:34 PM

or am I dreaming.

It still drives me nuts we don't throw deep very often and run more play action. Holloway is an unbelievable weapon but we quit throwing to him. We threw 1 deep ball to him last week and he had the guy beat by 5 yeards. Unfortunately he dropped it but normally he catches that for 6. Does Vigen think Moehler doesn't have a deep ball? I think he has a great deep ball. Not quite as strong as brock but accurate.

TransAmBison
11-08-2010, 03:49 PM

or am I dreaming.
Dude...just in regards to your sig line. First, you didn't have 50 people...maybe 15 or so. Second, I doubt if any of them even went to the games, third, if you think saying this helps you out...:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

If you ever want back in the game and want support from your bisonvillers you gotta start eating big helpings of humble pie. Not being a hater...just giving you the directions...the only directions...to getting back in the dome.

lakesbison
11-08-2010, 04:00 PM
what does that have to do with Scouting NDSU?
I dont eat humble pie....i .

ps- i edited it.

bisonmike2
11-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Dude...just in regards to your sig line. First, you didn't have 50 people...maybe 15 or so. Second, I doubt if any of them even went to the games, third, if you think saying this helps you out...:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

If you ever want back in the game and want support from your bisonvillers you gotta start eating big helpings of humble pie. Not being a hater...just giving you the directions...the only directions...to getting back in the dome.

Lakes maybe on to something but his formula is a little off. He forgot the 10 people that each of those 500 people told not to go to the game. That's nearly 5,000 people! And what was our attendance last week? It's The Lakes Affect! It's destroying our athletic department. Never has one man held so much power over a university. Well, maybe Engelstad. Lakes is NDSU's Engelstad, but you know, without the hundreds of millions of dollars.

runtheoption
11-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Lakes maybe on to something but his formula is a little off. He forgot the 10 people that each of those 500 people told not to go to the game. That's nearly 5,000 people! And what was our attendance last week? It's The Lakes Affect! It's destroying our athletic department. Never has one man held so much power over a university. Well, maybe Engelstad. Lakes is NDSU's Engelstad, but you know, without the hundreds of millions of dollars.

Is the Lakes Affect similiar to the rocketry affect?

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/297547/group/Opinion/

TransAmBison
11-08-2010, 04:25 PM
what does that have to do with Scouting NDSU?
I dont eat humble pie....i .

ps- i edited it.
Dude...take a shot if you want...it's all good. Just trying to help you out if you really wanted in the game.

lakesbison
11-08-2010, 04:27 PM
not a shot at you.

im doing the common man computer programmed responder .

BACK TO SCOUTING.

NDSU needs to mix it up, seriously, unleash Jose, let him and DJ run a lil wildcat/option... get 4 wide out there, hell, a crossing pattern, hook and ladder, anything!

Capn_Cat
11-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Arm chair coaches. :blush:

If you're so smart, get into coaching and change it.

tony
11-08-2010, 04:39 PM

Heh, maybe the sign of intelligence is to NOT get into coaching in the first place because in normal jobs you don't have to put up with everybody thinking that they could do your job better. :)

aces1180
11-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Heh, maybe the sign of intelligence is to NOT get into coaching in the first place because in normal jobs you don't have to put up with everybody thinking that they could do your job better. :)

Speak for yourself! I work for a Cooperative, which is owned by the members, and they all second-guess the work we do! ;)

CAS4127
11-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Perhaps you can come up with an original thought (we can wait several weeks) rather than using my signature line. Oh, that's right, you want to be just like me!!:D

aces1180
11-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Perhaps you can come up with an original thought (we can wait several weeks) rather than using my signature line. Oh, that's right, you want to be just like me!!:D

CAS, do you have two or three rings?

buffalobob
11-08-2010, 05:00 PM

How do we call in when now that we're on KFGO there's a whole lot of state that isn't covered. Alot of our fans are farmers and can't be inside listening off the internet. I have talked to alot of former listeners that can't pick it up anymore. Sun goes down, so does their signal. It SUCKS!!:banghead:

EndZoneQB
11-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Bohl mentioned during the Coach show that the No-Huddle offense was a "sign of things to come in the future" or something of that nature. It was small, but very telling I thought.

lakesbison
11-08-2010, 06:29 PM
buffalobob is right, after the deer stand, it'll be 530, you wont get kfgo.