PDA

View Full Version : YSU predictions and pontifications

NDSUstudent
10-03-2010, 06:48 PM
The Bison have never beaten YSU in MVFC play and the Herd is 1-3 vs the Penguins all-time.

YSU is 3-2 on the season and is coming off of a 35-25 loss at Missouri State. The Penguins are 3-0 at home with wins against Central Conn State, SIU and Butler.

YSU statistical leaders

QB Kurt Hess 67-109, 730 yards, 5 TDs and 3 Int
-----Rushing 24 attempts, 46 yards(1.9 ypc)

RB Jamaine Cook 94 attempts, 581 yards(6.2 ypc), 6 TDs

WR Dominique Barns 18 receptions, 231 yards, 1 TDs

NDSU statistical leaders

QB Brock Jenson 29-63, 538 yards, 4 TDs and O Int
-----Rushing 38 attempts, 158 yards(4.2 ypc) 2 TDs

RB DJ McNorton 73 attempts, 472 yards(6.5 ypc), 4 TDs

WR Warren Holloway 20 receptions, 394 yards, 3 TDs

Stats of Note for YSU

Rushing Yards
YSU 1057 Opponent 577
Passing Yards
YSU 730 Opponent 1168
Turnover Margin +3
3rd conversion %
YSU 38% Opponent 51%

Stats of Note for NDSU

Rushing Yards
NDSU 673 Opponent 827
Passing Yards
NDSU 883 Opponent 827
Turnover Margin +3
3rd down conversion %
NDSU 32% Opponent 36%

This game will be critical for NDSU to get off to an early start and to protect the ball. YSU's QB does not look like a threat to run so that could take some pressure of the defense which has faced dual threat QB after duel threat QB.

YSU's rushing defense looks solid so the rams will need to be on their game. If the Bison can run the ball with success this could be a very winnable game. Vigen needs to figure out how to keep the Penguins on their heels so DJ can get into space.

Prediction: NDSU 21 YSU 13

DjKyRo
10-03-2010, 06:50 PM
We've faced a couple of veteran QBs and it's nice to finally have a younger guy like we have - should be very intriguing to watch two rookie QBs dueling out there. I think our defense fires up after a shoddy performance and NDSU wins it.

27-13 NDSU

mgbison
10-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Bison 24
YSU 17

Defense gets a couple of turnovers. We actually get a lead in the 1st quarter and don't look back.

Tatanka
10-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Do we have receivers not named Holloway that can get open, run their routes, and catch the ball when it's thrown to them?

If so, Bison win.
If not, Bison lose because YSU will absolutely sell out on stopping the run, and I don't yet believe our O-Line will win us a game on the ground.

NWNDBison
10-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Do we have receivers not named Holloway that can get open, run their routes, and catch the ball when it's thrown to them?

^^^^^^^^^This!^^^^^^^^^

BlueBisonRock
10-03-2010, 08:30 PM

If so, Bison win.
If not, Bison lose because YSU will absolutely sell out on stopping the run, and I don't yet believe our O-Line will win us a game on the ground.

We do, but they are redshirting.

cvbison1
10-03-2010, 09:18 PM
35-16 Ysu....

bisonmike2
10-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Its a MVFC game on the road. We already know how this story ends.
YSU 31
NDSU 13

ndsubison1
10-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Ndsu 27
Ysu 21

North Side
10-03-2010, 09:42 PM
ugh.... I hate to predict the Bison losing so I am going to say 17 to 20 Jazzy with the game winning Field goal at the end!!

letsgoguins
10-03-2010, 11:54 PM
YSU is 2-0, with their worst two teams in a decade, against the Bison the past two years. Even though we lost yesterday, we are still very talented and very tough to beat at home. Should be a dandy.

sambini
10-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Lookin forward to it also... My brother and I are leavin friday with Simmers....Look out Cleveland friday night...

mgbison
10-04-2010, 12:50 AM
You are 2-0 with your worst teams in a decade. We've been 6-5 and 3-8 the past two years. So whats your point.

ndsubisonx
10-04-2010, 01:16 AM
YSU will be very tough to beat at the ice castle. however, i do think they are beatable. their defense seems to be average at best. Hopefully our offense can get things going. I think we can put up some points. Our defense can also contain them enough to give us a win.

NDSU 23
YSU 17

aces1180
10-04-2010, 01:25 AM
YSU 24
Bison 13

4mcruenomore
10-04-2010, 01:43 AM
We win, but it's ugly
10-7 BISON

dryash83
10-04-2010, 01:47 AM
ugh.... I hate to predict the Bison losing so I am going to say 17 to 20 Jazzy with the game winning Field goal at the end!!

thanks for the helmets north side.......i see we can beat guys in red helmets, so.....

NDSU 21
YSU 18

bisoneer
10-04-2010, 02:15 AM
Bison win 21-20 when our D holds them when they 'go for 2' pt. conversion with no time left!~!!!!!

HerdBot
10-04-2010, 04:31 AM
The Bison have never beaten YSU in MVFC play and the Herd is 1-3 vs the Penguins all-time.

YSU is 3-2 on the season and is coming off of a 35-25 loss at Missouri State. The Penguins are 3-0 at home with wins against Central Conn State, SIU and Butler.

YSU statistical leaders

QB Kurt Hess 67-109, 730 yards, 5 TDs and 3 Int
-----Rushing 24 attempts, 46 yards(1.9 ypc)

RB Jamaine Cook 94 attempts, 581 yards(6.2 ypc), 6 TDs

WR Dominique Barns 18 receptions, 231 yards, 1 TDs

NDSU statistical leaders

QB Brock Jenson 29-63, 538 yards, 4 TDs and O Int
-----Rushing 38 attempts, 158 yards(4.2 ypc) 2 TDs

RB DJ McNorton 73 attempts, 472 yards(6.5 ypc), 4 TDs

WR Warren Holloway 20 receptions, 394 yards, 3 TDs

Stats of Note for YSU

Rushing Yards
YSU 1057 Opponent 577
Passing Yards
YSU 730 Opponent 1168
Turnover Margin +3
3rd conversion %
YSU 38% Opponent 51%

Stats of Note for NDSU

Rushing Yards
NDSU 673 Opponent 827
Passing Yards
NDSU 883 Opponent 827
Turnover Margin +3
3rd down conversion %
NDSU 32% Opponent 36%

This game will be critical for NDSU to get off to an early start and to protect the ball. YSU's QB does not look like a threat to run so that could take some pressure of the defense which has faced dual threat QB after duel threat QB.

YSU's rushing defense looks solid so the rams will need to be on their game. If the Bison can run the ball with success this could be a very winnable game. Vigen needs to figure out how to keep the Penguins on their heels so DJ can get into space.

Prediction: NDSU 21 YSU 13

Youngstown 20
NDSU 17

But if we play our A game we have the ability to win. All depends on the coaching staffs ability to learn from last weeks loss.

CarringtonBison
10-04-2010, 04:36 AM
24-13 us 10 char

letsgoguins
10-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Massey has YSU winning 25.4 to 24.6, just goes to show you how evenly matched these two teams are. The previous two meetings were decided by single digits as well.

YSU's defense is not that great. We lost our two starting LB's right before August camp, one due to grades, another due to disciplinary actions. Our two deep on defense consists of a ton of freshmen, and one has already became a starter at safety in local native Donald D'Alesio from Cardinal Mooney (Stoops, Pelini, etc.)

YSU's offense looked great, even against Penn State, but after the 1st quarter at MSU, they were shut down. We love to run the ball. We are five deep at tailback, all of which are underclassmen. Our QB made some bad freshman mistakes on Saturday and will need to improve to win.

Wolford loves getting the Ice Castle VERY loud on 3rd down, which should help out YSU.

I like the Penguins by 3-6 points.

onbison09
10-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Well all my predictions have been wrong when I've made them so:
YSU 24
Bison 17
:D

bisonfan11
10-04-2010, 01:20 PM
YSU-24
NDSU-17

We will be down 21-3 at half time only to come back some what in the second half. Plus YSU can run the ball, and now our defense can't stop the run. I really wish I could predict a North Dakota State win, but until the coaching staff can prepare the team better we won't be able to win against better MVC teams.

THEsocalledfan
10-04-2010, 02:18 PM
YSU-24
NDSU-17

We will be down 21-3 at half time only to come back some what in the second half. Plus YSU can run the ball, and now our defense can't stop the run. I really wish I could predict a North Dakota State win, but until the coaching staff can prepare the team better we won't be able to win against better MVC teams.

Agreed, but is part of being to young, too. (Yes, you can blame the coaches for that if you wish.) I think the Herd loses 28-17.

Capn_Cat
10-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Pens 44
Prairie Poopers 10

Notorious
10-04-2010, 08:07 PM
YSU - 34
NDSU - 21

Bohl tears up at post-game presser.

bisonmike2
10-04-2010, 08:12 PM
YSU - 34
NDSU - 21

Bohl tears up at post-game presser.

No way he cries. He's too used to losing MVFC games. If we win, he might tear up, only because he's had no experience winning a MVFC win against a quality opponent.

Civil06
10-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I predict we'll win big, the "swagger" will be declared "back", and we'll be booking rooms for the playoffs (second game since we'll obviously be hosting the opening round). Or...

We'll lose by 2 to a good team and BV will call for the firing of everybody in the program except Polasek and the waterboy.

There are no in-betweens in Bisonville :nod: :D

SDbison
10-04-2010, 09:32 PM
With Gratzek out and Jensen possibly out I see the Bison losing, and likly by a good margin. Especially if Vigen continues to call the wrong plays.
Grounded Birds 30
Lame Bison 13

tjbison
10-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I predict we'll win big, the "swagger" will be declared "back", and we'll be booking rooms for the playoffs (second game since we'll obviously be hosting the opening round). Or...

We'll lose by 2 to a good team and BV will call for the firing of everybody in the program except Polasek and the waterboy.

There are no in-betweens in Bisonville :nod: :D

But you forgot your score prediciton

Civil06
10-04-2010, 10:15 PM
But you forgot your score prediciton

OK, I pick 31-10 Bison. I'm not ready to give up yet.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
17-13 Bison

Twentysix
10-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Im not making a prediction till we win another game and my head is overly inflated again.

Bisonwinagn
10-05-2010, 01:27 AM
24-7 YSU. They run it down our throats like every other good MVFC team. Hard to take but true!!!

bisoningrandforks
10-05-2010, 02:55 AM
pelicans....28.....injured bizon.......20

ndsubison1
10-05-2010, 03:14 AM
with gratzek being out i think we lose.

YSU 27
NDSU 17

NDSUstudent
10-05-2010, 03:28 AM
Lets remember YSU doesn't have a running QB, at least nothing close to resembling Warren or Barr. Removing that dimension will take a lot of stress off the defense. YSU is a team that is going to want to pound the ball right at us with their backs and I like that matchup.

I really think our defense will shine even without Gratzek. My concerns are more with the offense. If that unit doesn't shape up this could be a 10-9 type of game.

ndsubison1
10-05-2010, 03:44 AM
screw it. bison swings the bisonville meter back to the good side. gratzek is out but levon perry has his offical coming out party with 2 sacks and numerous stuffs at the line of scrimmage. Marcus Williams gets his first pick 6 as a Bison. Brock plays and is good enough to give us a win. DJ runs for 100+ yards again.

Bison 23
Birds that cant fly 20

Bison"FANatic"
10-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Dang picking with a young team like this is like dating a schizophrenic, you don't know who is going to show up but you know the one you want to is in there somewhere.

I have to pick the Bison but not with confidence

21-20

lakesbison
10-05-2010, 03:14 PM
NDSU 27
YSU 10

JOSE starts and throws for 300yrds and 3 tds.

bisonmike2
10-05-2010, 03:19 PM
NDSU 27
YSU 10

JOSE starts and throws for 300yrds and 3 tds.

Can we just directly link this to the preposterous statement thread?

lakesbison
10-05-2010, 03:23 PM
cmon Mike. if it happens, you owe me a bottle of morgan

bisonmike2
10-05-2010, 03:29 PM
cmon Mike. if it happens, you owe me a bottle of morgan

If that happens I would buy a Morgan drink if I see you at one of T-wolves games this year.

99Bison
10-05-2010, 03:39 PM
YSU is 2-0, with their worst two teams in a decade, against the Bison the past two years. Even though we lost yesterday, we are still very talented and very tough to beat at home. Should be a dandy.

NDSU is 0-2 with worst two teams in 50 years.... and your point is?

MN_BISON
10-05-2010, 04:05 PM
If that happens I would buy a Morgan drink if I see you at one of T-wolves games this year.

Well it sure as hell won't be hard to find him at a T-wolves game that's for sure. You guys could sit on opposite sides of the court and have a conversation.:D

bisonmike2
10-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Well it sure as hell won't be hard to find him at a T-wolves game that's for sure. You guys could sit on opposite sides of the court and have a conversation.:D

Wolves are back baby! 1-0 in the preseason! They just defeat the defending world champions yesterday!

Scooter1
10-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Prediction.

The Gratzek loss is huge. One thing that I find interesting is every time there is a picture of Matt Gratzek playing football he is either getting his helmet torn off by the guy he is going against or it is already off. One would think that if you were a ref, and a guy was getting his helmet removed on a consistent basis, that they would be watching for HOLDING or HANDS TO THE FACE. Rant over.

I don't really know if the resurgence of the offense is due to Jensen or if it is due to the shift in the offensive line. Jensen's completion percentage is terrible. He has hit a few long balls, but, let's be honest, Jose was running for his life when the offensive line was in disarray. I wonder what his passes would look like if he had all day to sit back there, hold the ball and make the throw. Remember, Jose can throw the ball 60 yards down field. He threw it 73 yards in a summer camp as a junior. Let's see what Jose can do with this offensive line and then pass judgment. It's not as if Jensen was tearing up the stats against W Illinois. We only had 16 points for F sake. If Jose comes in and plays well and we win, does everyone give Lakes the apology he deserves, or do we conveniently forget?

Defense...OK time to say it. Juckem, you came into the Bison program with those in the know saying that this was possibly one of the best recruits that NDSU has gotten in years. I know you are only a freshman, but your classmates are passing you by. It's time to start living up to the hype. I am OK with Matt Phillips playing in Gratzek's stead. He is a solid lineman but more importantly, a solid leader and we are lucky to have him. This game may be a preview of what we will see next year with Drevlow and Perry in the middle. I really like Drevlow and Perry.

I'm going to go with Lakes and say we have our best chance to win this game with Jose Mohler at QB. Until we see what he can do with this offensive line configuration it's hard to compare the two QB's. Let jensen sit. If Jose struggles we can always put him in to save the day. Hell, we don't start playing until the third quarter anyway.

Bison 24- YSU 21

SDbison
10-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Prediction.

The Gratzek loss is huge. One thing that I find interesting is every time there is a picture of Matt Gratzek playing football he is either getting his helmet torn off by the guy he is going against or it is already off. One would think that if you were a ref, and a guy was getting his helmet removed on a consistent basis, that they would be watching for HOLDING or HANDS TO THE FACE. Rant over.

I don't really know if the resurgence of the offense is due to Jensen or if it is due to the shift in the offensive line. Jensen's completion percentage is terrible. He has hit a few long balls, but, let's be honest, Jose was running for his life when the offensive line was in disarray. I wonder what his passes would look like if he had all day to sit back there, hold the ball and make the throw. Remember, Jose can throw the ball 60 yards down field. He threw it 73 yards in a summer camp as a junior. Let's see what Jose can do with this offensive line and then pass judgment. It's not as if Jensen was tearing up the stats against W Illinois. We only had 16 points for F sake. If Jose comes in and plays well and we win, does everyone give Lakes the apology he deserves, or do we conveniently forget?

Defense...OK time to say it. Juckem, you came into the Bison program with those in the know saying that this was possibly one of the best recruits that NDSU has gotten in years. I know you are only a freshman, but your classmates are passing you by. It's time to start living up to the hype. I am OK with Matt Phillips playing in Gratzek's stead. He is a solid lineman but more importantly, a solid leader and we are lucky to have him. This game may be a preview of what we will see next year with Drevlow and Perry in the middle. I really like Drevlow and Perry.

I'm going to go with Lakes and say we have our best chance to win this game with Jose Mohler at QB. Until we see what he can do with this offensive line configuration it's hard to compare the two QB's. Let jensen sit. If Jose struggles we can always put him in to save the day. Hell, we don't start playing until the third quarter anyway.

Bison 24- YSU 21
Jose is not starting at Youngstown. Nice rant though.

ndsubison1
10-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Ok boys. This game is HUGE. I know the clique, the next game is the biggest game. yada yada yada. This game really is. We HAVE to win this weekend. This is the turning point of our season. Win, there's a fighting chance we make the playoffs. Lose. I think we can likely kick the playoffs good bye barring an amazing run. Illinois St. aint gonna be any easier than YSU so I think we must win this weekend. A loss and we're done. A win can turn things around. Prove us wrong Bison. Go get an away conference win.

THEsocalledfan
10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Prediction.

Scooter, I have been at both the Morgan game and the WIU game. Jensen is not the problem; he is the solution. That percentage would be much higher is he had receivers that can catch (other than Halloway) and get open. He is also throwing the ball away intentionally when no one is open. I NEVER saw Jose throw the ball away......that would be the biggest mistake of the season putting him back in.

bisonmike2
10-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Scooter, I have been at both the Morgan game and the WIU game. Jensen is not the problem; he is the solution. That percentage would be much higher is he had receivers that can catch (other than Halloway) and get open. He is also throwing the ball away intentionally when no one is open. I NEVER saw Jose throw the ball away......that would be the biggest mistake of the season putting him back in.

Very underrated skill. Last week when we were down in the red zone I remember Scotty saying on a call that Jensen rolled out looked for an open receiver didn't see one so he threw the ball away out of bounds. This gave us another shot at the endzone. Of course, I think we blew that opportunity to score anyway, but the point is, he's showing that he is capable of making good decisions with the ball and he's not forcing it. That's huge. He's a freshman and he's already making decisions like that.

Scooter1
10-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Scooter, I have been at both the Morgan game and the WIU game. Jensen is not the problem; he is the solution. That percentage would be much higher is he had receivers that can catch (other than Halloway) and get open. He is also throwing the ball away intentionally when no one is open. I NEVER saw Jose throw the ball away......that would be the biggest mistake of the season putting him back in.My what a selective memory you have. But, if it works for you....what the heck. I can Garan-goddamn-tee you that Jose was not the problem against UNI. I'm not saying that Brock is a bad QB. But, I am saying that a less than 50% completion rate for an FCS quarterback is unacceptable. Scoring only 16 points at home on homecoming is unacceptable. Running basically only five plays in the final 4:37 seconds of the first half of last weeks game is unacceptable. We had no sense of urgency before halftime and wasted WAY to much time after two penalties in that drive while the clock was running. I put that solely on the shoulders of the quarterback. We should have had a minimum of 1:30 left on the clock after that Brock Jensen run to the 30 had he been doing his job effectively. Other QB can run 8-10 plays in 3:00 easily in the hurry up offense. Brock ran 4 in 4:37 seconds (6 if you count the field goal and two procedure penalties that were blown dead) Wouldn't it have been nice to try and score a TD before half instead of wasting all of that time. You can blame some on coaching, but Brock sets the tone in the huddle. It was walk back to the huddle....lolligag in the huddle....walk to the line...snap the ball with 2 seconds left on the play clock.. Total bull shit field management. I blame the first drive fumble on Brock. He took a bad situation and made it worse by trying to make the hand-off to Sigers. The result was a fumble and momentum advantage to W Illinois. We don't score, they do, now NDSU plays catch up for the entire game. So... if you are going to give him credit for being the solution accept the warts that come with Brock at QB.

CAS4127
10-07-2010, 03:05 PM
My what a selective memory you have. But, if it works for you....what the heck. I can Garan-goddamn-tee you that Jose was not the problem against UNI. I'm not saying that Brock is a bad QB. But, I am saying that a less than 50% completion rate for an FCS quarterback is unacceptable. Scoring only 16 points at home on homecoming is unacceptable. Running basically only five plays in the final 4:37 seconds of the first half of last weeks game is unacceptable. We had no sense of urgency before halftime and wasted WAY to much time after two penalties in that drive while the clock was running. I put that solely on the shoulders of the quarterback. We should have had a minimum of 1:30 left on the clock after that Brock Jensen run to the 30 had he been doing his job effectively. Other QB can run 8-10 plays in 3:00 easily in the hurry up offense. Brock ran 4 in 4:37 seconds (6 if you count the field goal and two procedure penalties that were blown dead) Wouldn't it have been nice to try and score a TD before half instead of wasting all of that time. You can blame some on coaching, but Brock sets the tone in the huddle. It was walk back to the huddle....lolligag in the huddle....walk to the line...snap the ball with 2 seconds left on the play clock.. Total bull shit field management. I blame the first drive fumble on Brock. He took a bad situation and made it worse by trying to make the hand-off to Sigers. The result was a fumble and momentum advantage to W Illinois. We don't score, they do, now NDSU plays catch up for the entire game. So... if you are going to give him credit for being the solution accept the warts that come with Brock at QB.

Time management also comes from the sidelines, as in get the effin play in timely--oh, ya, I forgot who is calling the plays. Also, Brock's teammates (the ones who left him laying on the field after last play) need to get to line of scrimmage b/4 he can call set and get the snap off. Sense of urgency should be generated by the leader(s) on the field--and I have a sense that Brock will be that guy very soon (mark my words on that). Mohler reminds me alot of TJack btw, the game is too fast for his ability to think and he has no clue what to do if his first check is covered, other than hit the panic button--just sayin.

WYOBISONMAN
10-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Time management also comes from the sidelines, as in get the effin play in timely--oh, ya, I forgot who is calling the plays. Also, Brock's teammates (the ones who left him laying on the field after last play) need to get to line of scrimmage b/4 he can call set and get the snap off. Sense of urgency should be generated by the leader(s) on the field--and I have a sense that Brock will be that guy very soon (mark my words on that). Mohler reminds me alot of TJack btw, the game is too fast for his ability to think and he has no clue what to do if his first check is covered, other than hit the panic button--just sayin.

I think this really gets at the issue with Jose and our offensive problems.

Scooter1
10-07-2010, 03:37 PM
So... he is the leader in the huddle or isn't the leader in the huddle right now but soon will be...mark your words? Brock needs to be the leader now. If he can't he needs to let someone who can do it. I already stated that I put some of the blame on the coaches for the lack of hustle. The problem is when the QB looks to the sidelines, gets the play but then takes the next 25 seconds to do it. 25 seconds is a long flippin time. Either you can get your team to hustle, you are afraid to speak up and get things moving, or you can't get them motivated. Those are the only three options. Brock wasn't anywhere near option number 1. To often I saw the play come in, Brock look at his wrist band then take the next 25 seconds to get the play off. That just can't happen when you are trying to move the ball with limited time. It's the leader's job to grab the guys who are not moving and say "Hey, Jackwagon, get your ass in gear or get off my F--n field!" But the problem is, he was one of those guys without a sense of urgency for that 4:37 seconds. He didn't show any hustle until the last play. I sound like I hate Brock...I don't. He may be the better option long term, but only if he is healthy. To Judge Jose on a game where his entire offensive line took the week off allowing 10+ sacks is complete bullshit. I know it. You know it.

Notorious
10-07-2010, 03:38 PM
My prediction is that this game will be the final nail in the coffin for Bohl and Vigen. It's not like we'll miss them anyway.....there's already a huge void there.

Jensen is the future...that seems fairly obvious. I predicted this in a thread somewhere prior to the start of the season, and also predicted that Mohler won't be here next year, creating a depth problem at QB again...need to recruit a nice QB this year. Thorton won't wait around forever to hit the field...he'll either move to FS, or transfer to U of Mary....???

(Cue: SDBison QB Recruiting Rant)

Scooter1
10-07-2010, 03:51 PM
I think this really gets at the issue with Jose and our offensive problems.

WYOBISONMAN, you are full of it. Strike that.... I just disagree. The only reason why we are still in the top 25 is due to the fact that Jose didn't push the panick button and make mistakes against Kansas. The offensive line completely took the week off against UNI causing Jose to run for his life on every play. Even when Jose got hurt against Morgan St, he still completed the pass to his receiver. We have no idea how Jose would be performing with the improved play of the offensive line which directly affected the running game. Brock's long passes didn't come until after DJ started to run effecively in the SDSU game. You can not pin the offensive woes on Jose because of one poor team performance at UNI. To state otherwise is Horsecrap. I'm not saying that Jose is better than Brock. Heck I think a healthy Brock may be better than Jose. But, Jose is being unfairly judged.

CAS4127
10-07-2010, 03:54 PM
So... he is the leader in the huddle or isn't the leader in the huddle right now but soon will be...mark your words? Brock needs to be the leader now. If he can't he needs to let someone who can do it. I already stated that I put some of the blame on the coaches for the lack of hustle. The problem is when the QB looks to the sidelines, gets the play but then takes the next 25 seconds to do it. 25 seconds is a long flippin time. Either you can get your team to hustle, you are afraid to speak up and get things moving, or you can't get them motivated. Those are the only three options. Brock wasn't anywhere near option number 1. To often I saw the play come in, Brock look at his wrist band then take the next 25 seconds to get the play off. That just can't happen when you are trying to move the ball with limited time. It's the leader's job to grab the guys who are not moving and say "Hey, Jackwagon, get your ass in gear or get off my F--n field!" But the problem is, he was one of those guys without a sense of urgency for that 4:37 seconds. He didn't show any hustle until the last play. I sound like I hate Brock...I don't. He may be the better option long term, but only if he is healthy. To Judge Jose on a game where his entire offensive line took the week off allowing 10+ sacks is complete bullshit. I know it. You know it.

Scoot: Like your intensity, and, yes, I agree with you, Brock needs to step up now and be the leader. Not makin excuses for him, but it is tough to be a leader your first start as a redshirt freshmen (ask me how I know), but he will mature toward that quickly IMHO.

Note: I have a sick feeling you may be correct on your prediction of a Bison loss, but, if Brock's toe/foot is OK, we may see some good things happen--God I hope I don't eat crow on that last part!! We also need D to step up as well tho--there, gave myself an out.:D

THEsocalledfan
10-07-2010, 04:14 PM
You can not pin the offensive woes on Jose because of one poor team performance at UNI.

I never said that Jose was the whole problem at UNI (I ripped the line to shreads after that game), but Scooter, I simply cannot understand how someone who has seen them both play, in person, could say Jose should start. That is what it comes down to for me. I explained the completion percentage concept, so I have nothing to add.

Notorious
10-07-2010, 04:14 PM
There are so many "Scooters" on this board that I've actually forgotten which ones I hate! ;)

THEsocalledfan
10-07-2010, 04:16 PM
There are so many "Scooters" on this board that I've actually forgotten which ones I hate! ;)

This is the good one who composes the songs, thus the reason I am surprised he could possibly want Jose to start.

Scooter1
10-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Scoot: Like your intensity, and, yes, I agree with you, Brock needs to step up now and be the leader. Not makin excuses for him, but it is tough to be a leader your first start as a redshirt freshmen (ask me how I know), but he will mature toward that quickly IMHO.

Note: I have a sick feeling you may be correct on your prediction of a Bison loss, but, if Brock's toe/foot is OK, we may see some good things happen--God I hope I don't eat crow on that last part!! We also need D to step up as well tho--there, gave myself an out.:D

For the record, I predicted it 24-21 Bison.

CAS4127
10-07-2010, 04:19 PM
For the record, I predicted it 24-21 Bison.

I know. By "Note" I was referencing Notorious's post--sorry about the confusion. I'll play devil's advocate and take YSU 27-17, but I don't want to see that happen--trust me.

Scooter1
10-07-2010, 04:19 PM
This is the good one who composes the songs, thus the reason I am surprised he could possibly want Jose to start.

Guys, I'm just saying a healthy Jose is a better option if Brock is still hurt.

Scooter1
10-07-2010, 04:25 PM
I know. By "Note" I was referencing Notorious's post--sorry about the confusion. I'll play devil's advocate and take YSU 27-17, but I don't want to see that happen--trust me.

Gotcha.

Anything else we can argue about...

The fact that Gratzek wasn't held one time in the W Ill game?:ranting:

Stupid fourth down calls....:ranting: :ranting:

CAS4127
10-07-2010, 04:41 PM
"The fact that Gratzek wasn't TACKLED one time in the W Ill game?"

There, in know that is what your really wanted to say!

80ALUM
10-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Ok boys. This game is HUGE. I know the clique, the next game is the biggest game. yada yada yada. This game really is. We HAVE to win this weekend. This is the turning point of our season. Win, there's a fighting chance we make the playoffs. Lose. I think we can likely kick the playoffs good bye barring an amazing run. Illinois St. aint gonna be any easier than YSU so I think we must win this weekend. A loss and we're done. A win can turn things around. Prove us wrong Bison. Go get an away conference win.

I agree that this game is huge. I had a sinking feeling watching the last game that this is the Bison team we are going to see the rest of the season. Hope I am wrong. Play like we did against USD the second half for two full halves and we win out.

WYOBISONMAN
10-07-2010, 05:14 PM
WYOBISONMAN, you are full of it. Strike that.... I just disagree. The only reason why we are still in the top 25 is due to the fact that Jose didn't push the panick button and make mistakes against Kansas. The offensive line completely took the week off against UNI causing Jose to run for his life on every play. Even when Jose got hurt against Morgan St, he still completed the pass to his receiver. We have no idea how Jose would be performing with the improved play of the offensive line which directly affected the running game. Brock's long passes didn't come until after DJ started to run effecively in the SDSU game. You can not pin the offensive woes on Jose because of one poor team performance at UNI. To state otherwise is Horsecrap. I'm not saying that Jose is better than Brock. Heck I think a healthy Brock may be better than Jose. But, Jose is being unfairly judged.

Jose doesn't seem to have the judgement to do well at this level of football. Yes, there were/are issues with the line, but that seems to be improving. If we have to play Jose, then so be it, but he is the #2 guy in my book. Better than Mertens, but surely no Steve Walker.

This team has issues. The play calling seems to simplistic to get past the defenses we are facing in the conference. I think the question that has to be asked is why are those plays being called? Is it because the team can't handle a more complex scheme or is it because the coaches don't know what they are doing. I don't know which it is, but it is going to be interesting to see how this season develops. This is a young team and we need to be patient and see how they go about solving these issues.

Still, Jensen seems to be the future.......Jose is a backup.

NDSU1980
10-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Against my better judgment, I am going with 24-20 Bison. All I know is that Jensen and the offense had better show up from the start, and not play like last week or the first half of the South Dakota game. Get something going, and for all 4 quarters.

TheBisonator
10-08-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm going to do a prediction for this one, because I did one for the USD game, and we won, then I didn't do one for the WIU game, and we lost. So here's mine:

Bison 27
Guins 23

Cheers.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-08-2010, 03:02 PM
It wasn't all of Jose's fault...sure he ran outta the pocket plenty of times. but the receivers weren't getting open and he was rushed out of there because the linemen weren't doing their job.

SDbison
10-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Against my better judgment, I am going with 24-20 Bison. All I know is that Jensen and the offense had better show up from the start, and not play like last week or the first half of the South Dakota game. Get something going, and for all 4 quarters.
I realy don't believe its all on the players for the slow start.........the number one problem is after the first couple series the offensive game plan becomes so predictable. No adjustments to do what worked early or change to something completely different.

CAS4127
10-08-2010, 04:20 PM
the number one problem is after the first couple series the offensive game plan becomes so predictable.

If we had a dollar for how many times this has been said in this forum we could start that MVFC calender that TAB and CaptCat were discussing! That said, I have to ask whether we (or the majority of us) are wrong. I don't think so, as it appears most of us understand the game of football fairly well. And, Bohl/Vigen have to know how Bisonville fans feel/think, so why doesn't Bohl subtlety let us know WTF is going on, and why aren't the hard questions asked of him by the media? Ever listen to PA question Childress about the Vikes--pretty close to no holds barred IMO.

TransAmBison
10-08-2010, 04:49 PM
If we had a dollar for how many times this has been said in this forum we could start that MVFC calender that TAB and CaptCat were discussing! That said, I have to ask whether we (or the majority of us) are wrong. I don't think so, as it appears most of us understand the game of football fairly well. And, Bohl/Vigen have to know how Bisonville fans feel/think, so why doesn't Bohl subtlety let us know WTF is going on, and why aren't the hard questions asked of him by the media? Ever listen to PA question Childress about the Vikes--pretty close to no holds barred IMO.
Well, the Forum lost the one guy (McFeely) who asked the tough questions and would ponder problems. His views were not popular, but they would make you think. Kolpack is a good reporter, but he doesn't talk about much other than reporting facts. Think of him as the play by play guy, with no color commentator. A lot of the other media is in-house, so there is no objective party. When Bohl has been given tough questions there is just a vanilla answer that doesn't answer anything.

bisonmike2
10-08-2010, 05:24 PM
I can't believe it's Friday of game week versus the Penguins and nobody has posted the picture of that penguin with the shit flying out his ass. I'd do it but there's no way I'm running a gis for that at work.

SDbison
10-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Just don't see how the Bison win this one........I will again watch and cheer for the Bison, but its not looking good Bison Nation. Is it the young talent, lack of a dominent offensive line or just the vanilla offensive game plan? And after last week the Bison defense looks suspect again.
Only way the Bison win this game is if they come out fired up, make no mistakes, get a takeaway or two and bring some new wrinkles to the offensive game plan that really work. If not, it's going to be a long afternoon.

Bisonguy
10-08-2010, 05:57 PM
It might be due to me not getting enough sleep and already having over 60 hours in at work this week, but I'm picking YSU by 8.

Bison could win, but can't be conceding TD's for FG's.

Bisonfan1
10-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Bison - 31
GAYGuines - 17

Why ? Bison will come with more attitude, emotion and leadership this week. Why? If that team did not get butts chewed for mental errors, leaving your QB on the field, not having the head in the game THE ENTIRE GAME, then there is a serious problem. For 60 minutes there is no reason to be on the sideline jawing about the hot date last week etc. How about watching your position player on the field and communicating tendeses of the opposition. the entire sideline should be a coaching staff ! How about setting things up, watch tapes of the 80's team, solid game plan in place, no panick when fell behind, they knew they were going to win, the fans knew they were going to win, a couple of series would set up the money run to the endzone, I have seen no resemblence of anything being set up ?? loosing was not an option and they played like a team, acted like a team and it all started at the top. If no attitude adjustments this last week in practice, simply reverse my prediction. It pains me to watch this team falter when alot of the tools are in place for a playoff run this year, this can and should be corrected. If not I am buying a new DRUM SET !!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-09-2010, 02:36 AM
We lose. :(

bisoneer
10-09-2010, 04:24 AM
My prediction: BISON 14 QUACKS 13 no matter what happens - go knocks some heads HERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bison"FANatic"
10-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Turnovers it is going to come down to turn overs. If we can be+2 we win the game. +1 is still a toss up

semobison
10-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Looking back at last years game, we outgained the Guins 470-356, but lost the game. They had a big 4th qtr, scoring the game winner late. We also lost the turnover battle -2. Jose had a big day with 300 yards of total offense. We need to get into this one early, avoid turnovers, and contain their ground game. If this happens, and it can, we win 23-18 in a tough one!

letsgoguins
10-09-2010, 04:02 PM
YSU lost last week due to two terrible turnovers. In a 90 second stretch in the late 3rd quarter, YSU fumbled in the endzone for a MSU touchdown and then threw a pick-six for a MSU touchdown. MSU won by 10, we gave them 14.

No_Skill
10-09-2010, 04:14 PM
NDSU blows out YSU - 10%
NDSU wins a close game - 35%
YSU wins a close game - 45%
YSU blows out NDSU - 10%

With our history vs YSU and with it being a home game for them, I have to give the edge to them.

Jay
10-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Turnovers it is going to come down to turn overs. If we can be+2 we win the game. +1 is still a toss up

Agreed. If we win the turnover margin, we win the game.