PDA

View Full Version : We can forget the play-offs

bisonfan11
10-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Seriously...what the h***??? The Bison defense proved that they are overrated as they could not stop Western Illinois on the ground even thought that should have been the game plan the whole time. The offense wasn't even close to being good enough to win the game. We can't even beat a so-so (just you watch Western Illinois will finish no better than 6-5) Missouri Valley team. What the heck? Are we going to p*** ourselves every f***ing time we face a MVFC team? I was hoping that Bohl had turned the corner and was legit about leading the Bison to bigger and better things. Now we face a two game road trip that we very well might lose both games because our little team will be too scared to play the "big boy" teams of Youngstown State and Illinois State. If we finish even 6-5 Bohl and Vigen should be shown the door, sorry NDSU shouldn't tolerate mediocrity, let UND do that. Sorry, some of you might get a little offended by my rant...I just hate seeing this team playing so mediocre (beating lesser opponents and losing to teams as good they are).

bisonmike2
10-03-2010, 01:37 AM
I agree. When I think back to the beginning of the year, they are actually doing a little better than I thought they would. But it's so disappointing because the season started so promising. I'll chalk this up as another rebuilding year, what is this, year 3 of our rebuild?

I propose a we-fest style phrase for our marketing depart to help with what is certainly going to be a difficult time to get the remaining home games sold out.

"NDSU Bison, making average teams look great, since 2008!"

or maybe

"NDSU Bison, sucking ass again in 2010!"

Scooter1
10-03-2010, 01:54 AM
I agree. When I think back to the beginning of the year, they are actually doing a little better than I thought they would. But it's so disappointing because the season started so promising. I'll chalk this up as another rebuilding year, what is this, year 3 of our rebuild?

I propose a we-fest style phrase for our marketing depart to help with what is certainly going to be a difficult time to get the remaining home games sold out.

"NDSU Bison, making average teams look great, since 2008!"

or maybe

"NDSU Bison, sucking ass again in 2010!"

Seriously? Give me a frickin' break. We are 3-2 and not out of the hunt yet. So we lost this game, frickin regroup and move on. It could be worse, we could be preseason ranked #9 and be 0-4. Or...picked to run away with the league and be 2-3 right now.

I'm so sick of the WE'RE GREAT.....WE SUCK.....WE'RE GREAT.....WE SUCK let's mail it in after five games bullshit. We lost. It's not the end of the world.

How about this one... NDSU FANS, BAILING AGAIN IN 2010.

HandoEX
10-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Seriously? Give me a frickin' break. We are 3-2 and not out of the hunt yet. So we lost this game, frickin regroup and move on. It could be worse, we could be preseason ranked #9 and be 0-4. Or...picked to run away with the league and be 2-3 right now.

I'm so sick of the WE'RE GREAT.....WE SUCK.....WE'RE GREAT.....WE SUCK let's mail it in after five games bullshit. We lost. It's not the end of the world.

This.

DjKyRo
10-03-2010, 02:00 AM

This x 12.

bisonmike2
10-03-2010, 02:01 AM

That works. And I've been pessimistic since the beginningn of this year so I wouldn't say I've bailed. As for your scenarios, I'm pretty sure those were both us in 2008. Remember how we were supposed to be so great after back to back 10-1 season only to start the MVFC and fall flat on our face? It hasn't gotten any better. This 3-2 start isn't anything promising, it's not something to be proud of, it's more of the same. I'm sick of watching shitty, inconsistent play for going on 3 years now.

lakesbison
10-03-2010, 02:03 AM
Fake Fans.

Im always here, even when I cant be there!

3-2 is not end of the world.

split with ysu and isu = 4-3

split SIU and SDSU = 5-4

INST & Miiss ST WINS = 7-4 with KU win gets us into playoffs.

RowdyRabbit
10-03-2010, 02:33 AM
HEY...EASY THERE SCOOTER!

We're the best 0-4 team in the country.

:banghead:

yellowstreak
10-03-2010, 02:40 AM
I never thought we would be ranked at all this year, so this season has already passed my expectations.

Preston Evans and Coulter Boyer are a Juniors

Warren Holloway and D.J. McNorton are a Juniors

Brock Jensen and Ryan Smith are freshmen

IMO, the best senior we are losing next year is John Prelvitz the punter

Maybe we don't make the playoffs this year, but it looks like we have a really good chance the next few years to go far into the playoffs. If this doesn't happen, then maybe it's time for a change.

But lets be realistic too, great coaches and coaching staff don't stick around very long at FCS schools unless they are really old (like Jerry Moore). Even coaches that we didn't want (like Bob Babich) don't stick around very long. Are we better off with a revolving door?

bisonfan11
10-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Is it so bad to actually expect something out of this team??? I won't "jump off the band wagon" as I have been a fan since I moved to the FM area in '04 and WOULD HAVE been to the game if I didn't have to work. It is not the simple fact that we lost it is how we lost. I mean all of a sudden the defense disappeared and the offense couldn't score when they had the opportunities to do so. I can live with the Bison being beaten by the better team, however I have not come to the conclusion that either Northern Iowa and Western Illinois are better teams that us.

NDSU1980
10-03-2010, 02:56 AM
Not yet. BUT, we have play like we did in the second have against USD and stop playing like we did in the first half of USD. OR like both halves of UNI. The talent is there, as we've seen this year, but for some reason things just fall apart.

We still have a chance at the playoffs. Look at it this way, if we were 0-4 like the Bunnies, the Suicide Prevention lines around here would be in meltdown.

FargoPanther
10-03-2010, 03:06 AM
I'm the new guy here so forgive me if I ask some stupid questions and I don't mean to be disrespectful. Could it be that NDSU fans underestimated the MVC? Being an old Gateway/MVC fan, I remember when the Bison first came into the conference, due to the past tradition of the NDSU football program, did the program and fans thought this was going to be a cake walk every year? I would have to say that this year there are some real parity in the MVC and every year it gets harder.

PW Bison
10-03-2010, 03:09 AM
I don't post very often, but I have to agree with Scooter on this. We can't be saying suck one week and #1 the next. I think we played a better team than people gave them credit. Western has some talent and it was proven on the field. I also believe we have some talent and I am with you all, in that I want to see that talent improve and develope. God knows I am hoping at a faster rate than what we are seeing, but take it for what its worth. One game at a time.

After the Kansas game some fans were saying "undefeated". After the UNI game some fans were saying "in the toilet". I say just go to the games and cheer your ass off and lets see what happens. Remember, nobody thought this team was going to amount to shit at the beginning of the season, so suck it up, cuz they are already better than that.

semobison
10-03-2010, 03:17 AM
We are 6-12 in conference play since joing the MVFC. You better be ready every saturday at kickoff. The coaching staff needs to man up. You wont win a lot of games in this conference playing a half game of good football any saturday! We are young, we have some talent, and are not far off from being a very good team. Every game on our remaining schedule is winnable, but if our first half woes continue we could lose 5 of them!

ndsubison1
10-03-2010, 03:22 AM
This was a very frustrating game. I dont remember being this frustated from a Bison game in awhile. It really makes me question some things. I know there's still season left and we can continue to improve and finish with a good record. But I'm getting sick of our team looking flat vs. MVC teams.

Western_101
10-03-2010, 03:27 AM
Seriously...what the h***??? The Bison defense proved that they are overrated as they could not stop Western Illinois on the ground even thought that should have been the game plan the whole time. The offense wasn't even close to being good enough to win the game. We can't even beat a so-so (just you watch Western Illinois will finish no better than 6-5) Missouri Valley team. What the heck? Are we going to p*** ourselves every f***ing time we face a MVFC team? I was hoping that Bohl had turned the corner and was legit about leading the Bison to bigger and better things. Now we face a two game road trip that we very well might lose both games because our little team will be too scared to play the "big boy" teams of Youngstown State and Illinois State. If we finish even 6-5 Bohl and Vigen should be shown the door, sorry NDSU shouldn't tolerate mediocrity, let UND do that. Sorry, some of you might get a little offended by my rant...I just hate seeing this team playing so mediocre (beating lesser opponents and losing to teams as good they are).

Maybe you should go back to the NCC if the MVFC doesn't suit your winning needs? I get it Western is shitty, the MVFC is shitty.

I thought you guys were World beaters a couple weeks ago?

Yeah, Illinois State is a "Big Boy" we have beat them I think 7 out of the last 10 years.

MinotBison
10-03-2010, 03:28 AM
I don't post very often, but I have to agree with Scooter on this. We can't be saying suck one week and #1 the next. I think we played a better team than people gave them credit. Western has some talent and it was proven on the field. I also believe we have some talent and I am with you all, in that I want to see that talent improve and develope. God knows I am hoping at a faster rate than what we are seeing, but take it for what its worth. One game at a time.

After the Kansas game some fans were saying "undefeated". After the UNI game some fans were saying "in the toilet". I say just go to the games and cheer your ass off and lets see what happens. Remember, nobody thought this team was going to amount to shit at the beginning of the season, so suck it up, cuz they are already better than that.

Bingo. We aren't playing Augie and Morningside anymore people.

PW Bison
10-03-2010, 03:32 AM
We are 6-12 in conference play since joing the MVFC. You better be ready every saturday at kickoff. The coaching staff needs to man up. You wont win a lot of games in this conference playing a half game of good football any saturday! We are young, we have some talent, and are not far off from being a very good team. Every game on our remaining schedule is winnable, but if our first half woes continue we could lose 5 of them!

I can't agree more. Every game is winnable, but the team is flat at opportunistic times. I also see the fan base flat at opportunistic times. I seen alot of fans leave the game early in the 4th quarter and I guess if a beer a Labby's is that important to you then you shouldn't be bitchin on here. If i notice people leaving the game you can bet the players notice your ass leaving too. When you give up support, I guarantee a little bit of their fire dies.

Bisonwinagn
10-03-2010, 04:01 AM
First off we don't know how good Western is? They may be a .500 team or they may go on to win the conference nobody knows for sure. I think the offense finally showed some signs of life and we definitley know who the starting quarterback should be. I am frustrated that our DLine got completely manhandled in both MVFC games. If that continues we're in trouble, but let's wait until next week to jump out the window. If NDSU loses to YSU and Western loses to SDSU then go ahead and jump.

Trampled
10-03-2010, 04:36 AM
You can bitch about people leaving the game early, but at least 18700 fans showed up which is probably higher than anyone else in the conference. A better product on the field will keep them there.

I swear to God I don't understand the offensive play calling! Thought Vigen got it last week only to revert back to the same old predictable Sh** ! I ask you, would you like to be a receiver for the Bison. Only if you are the number one receiver (Holloway) What a waste of talent!!

ndsubison1
10-03-2010, 04:52 AM
You can bitch about people leaving the game early, but at least 18700 fans showed up which is probably higher than anyone else in the conference. A better product on the field will keep them there.

I swear to God I don't understand the offensive play calling! Thought Vigen got it last week only to revert back to the same old predictable Sh** ! I ask you, would you like to be a receiver for the Bison. Only if you are the number one receiver (Holloway) What a waste of talent!!

There definitely wasn't 18,700 there

DIBISON
10-03-2010, 04:54 AM

But there were 18,700 tickets paid for whether fans were in the seats or not.

ndsubison1
10-03-2010, 04:56 AM
But there were 18,700 tickets paid for whether fans were in the seats or not.

Yes, I know that. Looked like only 15,000 was at the game, if that. :banghead:

Bisonguy
10-03-2010, 05:26 AM
Yes, I know that. Looked like only 15,000 was at the game, if that. :banghead:

15k would mean that 1 out of every 5 seats was empty. It wasn't that bad. The student section was filled, which would mean the rest of the stadium would have needed about 1 in 4 seats to be empty to be at 15k.

jacks1
10-03-2010, 05:52 AM
Fake Fans.

Im always here, even when I cant be there!

3-2 is not end of the world.

split with ysu and isu = 4-3

split SIU and SDSU = 5-4

INST & Miiss ST WINS = 7-4 with KU win gets us into playoffs.

I don't think 7-4 in this years MVC gets in.

Bisonguy
10-03-2010, 06:06 AM
I don't think 7-4 in this years MVC gets in.
Yeah, should take 8-3 or better for a MVFC team to get an at-large this year.

No_Skill
10-03-2010, 12:14 PM
I said it in other posts that I though this game would tell us if we were a playoff bound team, so I agree that the playoffs are not a reasonable expectation after this game. Not because it added a loss to the schedule, but because it was a good measuring stick for where the team is.

I just don't see us winning either of our next two road games. SIU will likely win in Fargo and even though SDSU is having a rough patch, they've had our number in recent years.

At this point, I think a reasonable "best case" situation is, we split on the road the next two weeks and lose SIU in the dome. Even that would leave us at 7-4 and I really don't think the Kansas game is enough to get us in at that point. Especially since I think we'll only have the 3rd or 4th best record in the MVFC (at best).

ScooterMN
10-03-2010, 01:05 PM
I guess I look at this a little differently. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Western Illinois 0-8 in the MVFC and 1-10 overall last year? They were the whipping boys of the conference last year. They even made US look good last year.

Fast forward a year and they fire out 4-1 to start the year only losing to a solid Big Ten school, Purdue, by 10 and are 2-0 in the conference already.

Why can't we expect improvement similar to this? How many years does it take to move the other direction? Is it good enough to expect an improvement of 2 maybe 3 wins this season? That's all I see us doing this year.

I don't think we are improving as fast as other teams in the conference and they are going to leave us in the dust. I think we'll be slugging it out for last place in the conference. We'll be competitive but never quite enough for solid wins in my opinion.

bisonmike2
10-03-2010, 01:21 PM
My take is we shouldn't have ever been at 3-8 last year. Remember the whole, "we want to be competing for national championships when we come out of transition"? How's that working out for us? It's been 10 years since we've seen a playoff game, 20 years since a home playoff game, we've had a conference championship in 2006 but can you really claim that's all that impressive since it only had 5 teams. The last conference title in a "real" conference was 1994. Why are people still preaching patience? At this point, if your a fan of NDSU, you are the definition of patience. We starting to sound like cub fans. Hey there's always next year!

stevdock
10-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm not going to comment on the rest of this thread cause there's just too much. But as far as playoff possibilities, at 7-4 we could make a case. If USD gets to 7, 8, or 9 wins, which I think is possible. Kansas was a FCS win. The rest of the conference didn't do us any favors but it is possible.

unbison
10-03-2010, 01:57 PM
My take is we shouldn't have ever been at 3-8 last year. Remember the whole, "we want to be competing for national championships when we come out of transition"? How's that working out for us? It's been 10 years since we've seen a playoff game, 20 years since a home playoff game, we've had a conference championship in 2006 but can you really claim that's all that impressive since it only had 5 teams. The last conference title in a "real" conference was 1994. Why are people still preaching patience? At this point, if your a fan of NDSU, you are the definition of patience. We starting to sound like cub fans. Hey there's always next year!

This is spot on! Just win baby

johnson
10-03-2010, 02:05 PM
I had a whole row to myself. Couldn't believe the poor turnout of season ticket holders.

MHDBisonfan
10-03-2010, 02:05 PM

Agreed brother! I just started a thread with some similar sentiment before I read your post here -

1bizon1
10-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I am not giving up on The Bizon but two letters describe yesterday.... P U! Get the troops regrouped and beat Youngstown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

semobison
10-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Bottom line, we go 5-1 were in! ...Bottom line, we dont start playing 4 qtrs of good football every saturday, we stay near the bottom of the MVFC! I think their are 8 teams in this conference that are very evenly matched. Look at the scores. No one is blowing anybody out. I wouldn't bet money on how this is going to play out, and I think SDSU is going to spoil a couple of teams parties!

Notorious
10-03-2010, 02:29 PM
We have as much, or more talent, than any team we face. Our problem, as has been for the past few years, is that our coaching staff is less talented, is generally underprepared and usually overmatched most every week.

There is a glaring leadership issue, coupled with a simple lack of coaching talent in a couple critical spots.

It either needs to be addressed, or we will continue to see medicore results.

Just a reality check from Notorious.....again ;)

HerdBot
10-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Are you serious? We're 3-2 and we've already played the 2 toughest teams in the conference who are both highly ranked (WI will be this week) and in 1st and 2nd place. We could make the playoffs with 2 more losses.

Sat, Oct 9 @Youngstown State 4:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Oct 16 @Illinois State 3:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Oct 23 vsIndiana State TBD Tickets
Sat, Nov 6 vsSouthern Illinois 4:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Nov 13 vsSouth Dakota State 4:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Nov 20 @Missouri State 2:00 PM ET Tickets

semobison
10-03-2010, 02:56 PM
We are young, and we have some talent. But to say we are more talented than UNI??....As talented, maybe,...they were a much faster team... I do agree that the coaching staff needs to be held responsible for not having the team ready to play when it comes out of the locker room.

onbison09
10-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Is it so bad to actually expect something out of this team??? I won't "jump off the band wagon" as I have been a fan since I moved to the FM area in '04 and WOULD HAVE been to the game if I didn't have to work. It is not the simple fact that we lost it is how we lost. I mean all of a sudden the defense disappeared and the offense couldn't score when they had the opportunities to do so. I can live with the Bison being beaten by the better team, however I have not come to the conclusion that either Northern Iowa and Western Illinois are better teams that us.

Thank you! The reason I said "RIP playoffs" is first of all, does anyone honestly think we're going to do anything after starting out 0-2 in conference. I would LOVE to eat a big ass plate of crow. Second of all, we seem to play the same way in every game. Start out crappy and then come out with fire in the second half. Well you can't do that against every team.

Bisonfan1
10-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Not so fast on the no playoffs, The Bison have dug a deep hole, and it will be a tough road now, but still possible. There is loads of talent on this team and the 2 losses were winnable games which makes it more painful. The coaching staff needs to turn into the coaching staff of the year to prevent a collapse the rest of the season. Dont bail yet, next 2 road games will tell the tale. I am expecting a 2 game winning streak before the home return on October 23rd. A couple plays could have made the differance in yesterdays loss, it is not as bad as it may seem. As someone put it yesterday after the game, the team with attitude won today.

BraxtonT
10-03-2010, 04:38 PM
To those who think a 7-4 record will get us in the playoffs: No 'effing way!!! 4-4 in the MV would mean a 4th or 5th place finish. No way does that get us into the playoffs over the teams that finish higher in the conference standings. The MV is tough and so far, the Bison teams of 2008-2010 have not been up to the challenge of winning in this league.

NDSUstudent
10-03-2010, 04:44 PM
To those who think a 7-4 record will get us in the playoffs: No 'effing way!!! 4-4 in the MV would mean a 4th or 5th place finish. No way does that get us into the playoffs over the teams that finish higher in the conference standings. The MV is tough and so far, the Bison teams of 2008-2010 have not been up to the challenge of winning in this league.

Teams need 7 DI wins to be eligible so it might.

HerdBot
10-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Not so fast on the no playoffs, The Bison have dug a deep hole, and it will be a tough road now, but still possible. There is loads of talent on this team and the 2 losses were winnable games which makes it more painful. The coaching staff needs to turn into the coaching staff of the year to prevent a collapse the rest of the season. Dont bail yet, next 2 road games will tell the tale. I am expecting a 2 game winning streak before the home return on October 23rd. A couple plays could have made the differance in yesterdays loss, it is not as bad as it may seem. As someone put it yesterday after the game, the team with attitude won today.

We haven't dug ourselves a deep hole. We could have made it easier by winning on Saturday but there isn't a single team on the schedule we are not capable of beating. We are also capable of losing to every team, well maybe not Indiana State. 4-2 and we make the playoffs because we have an FBS win but probably as a road team. 5-1 and we get a home playoff game.

Sat, Oct 9 @Youngstown State 4:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Oct 16 @Illinois State 3:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Oct 23 vsIndiana State TBD Tickets
Sat, Nov 6 vsSouthern Illinois 4:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Nov 13 vsSouth Dakota State 4:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Nov 20 @Missouri State 2:00 PM ET Tickets

HerdBot
10-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Teams need 7 DI wins to be eligible so it might.

7 wins with an FBS win and we will probably get in. Almost a lock but probably on the road.

Scooter1
10-03-2010, 05:28 PM
HEY...EASY THERE SCOOTER!

We're the best 0-4 team in the country.

:banghead:

You are, without a doubt, the best 0-4 team in the FCS

Caves39
10-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I find it hard to believe that a 7-4 team and this team in particular is going to get that bid to the playoffs even with the win over KU.

NDSUstudent
10-03-2010, 05:55 PM
7 wins is far from automatic, it just puts a team at the committee's mercy. At this point it is impossible to even think about where a 7 win team would stand.

Really we shouldn't be talking about the playoffs until we get a few more wins.

Tatanka
10-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't buy the 7-4 and we're in argument. That means going 4-4 in a conference that AS A CONFERENCE didn't do much in the OOC schedule. Unfortunately the fact that we went 3-0 OOC and beat a ranked team and an FBS is not likely to be enough to overcome a .500 record in conference because that means four losses to teams that didn't do squat OOC.

Bisonguy
10-03-2010, 06:36 PM
7 wins is far from automatic, it just puts a team at the committee's mercy. At this point it is impossible to even think about where a 7 win team would stand.

Really we shouldn't be talking about the playoffs until we get a few more wins.

7 wins aren't an explicit requirement to be considered by the selection committee. It's not quite like being bowl certified in FBS. Here's the actual criteria, notice the easy out for selecting a 6-5 team:

3. The won-lost record of a team will be scrutinized to determine a team’s strength of
schedule; however, less than seven Division I wins may place a team in jeopardy of
not being selected;

Depending on how the bracket forms, I wouldn't doubt seeing a 6-5 CAA team selected over a 7-4 MVFC. East Coast Bias is going to stick around until other conferences actually start beating CAA teams in OOC games.

Bisonwinagn
10-03-2010, 06:38 PM
hahaha thanks for the laugh. There is zero chance NDSU or any other MVFC teams gets an at large bid with a 7-4 record. There is a lot of season left so we don't know how things will play out, but 8-3 would put us on the buble as probable because of the two additional at large selections this year. Even UNI with thier reputation and success missed the playoffs a few years ago with an 8-3 record.

NDSUstudent
10-03-2010, 07:02 PM
UNI was 8-3 and didn't reach the playoffs in 1999, but they were only 7-3 vs DI teams. If a team gets 8 wins they are lock, last year only something like 27 teams even had 7 DI wins.

As for a 6 win team getting an at large, I'll believe it when I see it. That said, I think the CAA will beat up on each other a bit more this year than previously though since sacrificial lambs Hofstra and Northeastern are gone. So who knows what things will look like out east when the season is over.

RunDMc34
10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
The only thing consistent about Craig Bohl's tenure have been SLOW starts against every good opponent we have played. My question is will he ever be held accountable? I sure hope so!

westnodak93bison
10-03-2010, 08:50 PM
All remaining games are winnable imho. We ran into a wiley veteran QB yesterday with a pretty solid offensive line. As usual we had our chances.

HerdBot
10-03-2010, 10:17 PM
UNI was 8-3 and didn't reach the playoffs in 1999, but they were only 7-3 vs DI teams. If a team gets 8 wins they are lock, last year only something like 27 teams even had 7 DI wins.

As for a 6 win team getting an at large, I'll believe it when I see it. That said, I think the CAA will beat up on each other a bit more this year than previously though since sacrificial lambs Hofstra and Northeastern are gone. So who knows what things will look like out east when the season is over.

7 wins with a win over Kansas in a tough conference with a our saragin rating= at large. Remember 2 more teams get in this year

Grizzled
10-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Our conference hasn't done much to prove its that tough this year.

344Johnson
10-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Is it bad if my friend who started watching football 5 weeks ago what play we are running?

56BISON73
10-04-2010, 12:15 AM
"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking"!
Jim McKay USC Head Coach

ndsubison1
10-04-2010, 12:23 AM
"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking"!
Jim McKay USC Head Coach

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 03:56 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I agree that was a funny-as post by 56. That said, and this is my theory for the balance of the season, NO LEADERSHIP = NO PLAYOFFS, whether this year or the foreseable future. As for forseable future, I see Jensen as being a leader, he plays with intensity and emotion, and for the team, not himself.

Green-N-Gold
10-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Playoffs????

SDbison
10-04-2010, 07:17 PM
This team has too many issues........mostly created by inept coaching. Just forget about the playoffs. Not going to happen!
Playoffs more likely next year when Vigen and / or Bohl get fired.

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Copied and pasted from my post last week on playoff thread--just sayin!!

But, seriously, should we really be talkin about playoffs at this stage in the season?!

roadwarrior
10-04-2010, 07:27 PM
But, seriously, should we really be talkin about playoffs at this stage in the season?!

Only if we were 5-0!

bisonmike2
10-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Copied and pasted from my post last week on playoff thread--just sayin!!

If we had the wait until we made the playoffs to talk about the playoffs we'd never be able to talk about the playoffs. :)

On a depressing related note. Next year, kids who were born in the year the last time NDSU hosted a playoff game will be able to legally drink.:banghead: