PDA

View Full Version : Who are the 1st Half Bison?

yellowstreak
10-03-2010, 12:38 AM
2010 Season:

1st half Bison vs. opposition
33 vs. 55 points

2nd half Bison vs. opposition
71 vs. 17 points

it's great the coaches are making adjustments at half-time, but wouldn't it be better to come with the right game plan at kickoff?

EndZoneQB
10-03-2010, 12:53 AM
it doesn't matter. Our gameplan is still vanilla. Where was the Nickel that worked so well against USD last week? Where was the offensive creativity we wish we had?

NDSUstudent
10-03-2010, 01:00 AM
I swear it was like Vigen forgot the second half even happened last week and we went back to the same boring offense.

Put Jensen in the shotgun early and spread the field a bit. Are we seriously afraid of doing this? This shouldn't have to come out only when we are in comeback mode.

I swear if we came out 3 or 4 wide in the shotgun the first series of the game the other team would need to call a timeout.

bisonmike2
10-03-2010, 01:29 AM
I swear it was like Vigen forgot the second half even happened last week and we went back to the same boring offense.

Put Jensen in the shotgun early and spread the field a bit. Are we seriously afraid of doing this? This shouldn't have to come out only when we are in comeback mode.

I swear if we came out 3 or 4 wide in the shotgun the first series of the game the other team would need to call a timeout.

Can you imagine the confusion that would generate. First you'd hear a large murmur come over the crowd, everyone saying "what the hell is this?', then you'd see defensive players looking over to their sidelines shrugging their shoulders at their coaches and finally you'd see the opposing coaches looking at each other saying "what the hell? we must have looked at 100 games on tape and they've never busted out his formation until their down by 20 +."

stevdock
10-03-2010, 01:34 AM
Honestly maybe our gameplan should be we are down 20, we gotta score in a hurry. I am so tired of watching field possession game. I know it's important, but I hate it. Pass to open up the run. It's the only way this team will be able to run the ball consistently.

Scooter1
10-03-2010, 01:36 AM
What was frustrating was the fact that we moved the ball in the first drive only to fumble. If we score on this drive the game takes on a different dimension. But, what frustrated me even more was the fact that we got the ball back on our 17 with 4:31 seconds left and had 5 snaps in 4:17. Two of those were NDSU penalties. The Bison offense takes forever in the huddle and there was no sense of urgency until the time out with :14 on the clock. If the Bison would have been hustling to the line of scrimmage an effectively using the clock, there should have been 1:30 left on the clock after Jensen's run. I watched other teams running their hurry up offense and they were going no huddle and getting 8 or nine plays off in 2 minutes. Why the hell can't NDSU?

I will say that w illinois offense was better than I expected them to be. They converted when they needed to and deserved the win.

EndZoneQB
10-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Honestly maybe our gameplan should be we are down 20, we gotta score in a hurry. I am so tired of watching field possession game. I know it's important, but I hate it. Pass to open up the run. It's the only way this team will be able to run the ball consistently.

The running game was NOT the issue. It WAS working, look at McNorton's stats. It was the timing of our calls.

yellowstreak
10-03-2010, 02:10 AM
am I the only one who thinks it's strange the Bison have scored 2.1X more points in the 2nd half and allowed 3.2X more point in the 1st half? this isn't normal.

semobison
10-03-2010, 03:43 AM
We have got to start putting 4 good quarters of football together or we will not win many more games this year. We have some talent! The MVFC is tough, there are no gimmes. The coaching staff needs to be held accountable. If the season continues this way, at the end of the year, changes should be made.

02Bison
10-03-2010, 03:49 AM
Linebackers seemed confused as to where they should be many times tonight. Mabye it had something to do with WIU"s offense, but seemed like the Bison defense was in disarray many times as the ball was being snapped. I also don't understand how the bison defense could have so many players within a foot or two of the opposing player on many plays, but it was 9 plus yards later before a single one of them even got a hand on the player...seemed like more of a pursue than an attack mentality.

56BISON73
10-03-2010, 03:53 AM
2010 Season:

1st half Bison vs. opposition
33 vs. 55 points

2nd half Bison vs. opposition
71 vs. 17 points

it's great the coaches are making adjustments at half-time, but wouldn't it be better to come with the right game plan at kickoff?

Even when the Bison were 10-1 they almost always were playing from behind. Even Concordia St Paul scored first.

Another thought is ---- Bohl has been quoted as saying that the west coast offense isnt structured to play catch up football. So----why are we always playing catch up?

semobison
10-03-2010, 03:53 AM
WIU's O line was knocking the Bison off the ball especially in the first half.

56BISON73
10-03-2010, 03:55 AM

Yes they were.

02Bison
10-03-2010, 03:57 AM

Their right tackle was holding on many plays and even ripped of our DE's helmet on the one play, but nothing was called. Kind of like the horrible calls on the goal line on that one series....

MNLonghorn10
10-03-2010, 04:05 AM
vigen blows donkey nuts

TransAmBison
10-03-2010, 04:09 AM
vigen blows donkey nuts
You may be on to something here.

Bison"FANatic"
10-03-2010, 03:19 PM
I had this in another thread but probably should be here.

Here is a interesting stat break down of scoring first half and total end of game points

________________First Half________________________TOTAL____________

Year ________us___________ them,_____________us,_______________ them

2010 _______ 33 ____________55 _____________ 104_______________ 72

2009________149 ___________176 _____________321________________ 315

2008 ________157 __________109 ______________329________________ 211

2007 ________226 _________ 151 ______________435 ________________245

2006 ________178 __________96 _______________374 ________________147

2005 ________174 __________80 _______________ 320_______________151