PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Game

X-Factor
10-02-2010, 10:46 PM
How 'bout that Warren Holloway? He is turning into quite the player. I have NEVER seen a Bison WR create that much separation consistently on the long bombs. Truly underutilized was the deep throw to the big W today. The guy was open on practically every down, and when Jensen threw to him and he wasn't even open, somehow he came down with the ball. Jensen seems to be throwing it right where it needs to be as well, now if we can get the short yardage passing game going we will be in good shape. Do we have any other wide receiver that can even catch the ball or that is worth even looking at to consider throwing it to? Right now I would have to say a resounding NO! The deep ball to the other WR should have been caught plain and simple. He lead with his hands completely telegraphing to the CB what was going to happen. Outside of Holloway, the guys really need to step it up in a big way because they are getting schooled consistently by every secondary we face.

Other thoughts:

-DJ had a pretty quiet 104 yards rushing and a nice run after the catch completion of 21 yards. I think we'll keep him ;)
-Jensen is noticeably improving game to game. IMO big improvement even over last week, he just didn't have anyone worth throwing to. I pray Gebhard and Vraa will change that next year because certainly no one else on the roster is going to claim that other WR spot. We need to get his completion % up higher, but that all starts with getting some worthy WR's on the field.
- Lots of season left, and I will say this: THANK GOD WARREN HOLLOWAY is only a Junior. The guy is the only thing we have to keep any team from stacking 10 in the box.
-I'm not going to mention much about the defense because I think they forgot that if you catch an opponents ball before it hits the ground, your team may then gain possession. Matt Barr simply wasn't very good at all, yet someone threw for plenty of yards and no turnovers.

Next year's team is obviously going to be very good, I just hate even mentioning this morsel of a fact not even half way through the current football season.

silkamilkamonico
10-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I didn't really get to see the game, but it sounds like we have no mid range passing game. It's either short, or deep. Our deep passing has been very high % though which is a great sign.

jaystus
10-02-2010, 10:51 PM
next years team might be good, but remember other MVC teams are saying the same thing. Especially UNI with how young they are.

semobison
10-03-2010, 12:01 AM
I dont think there was a player of the game. Holloway had a big procedure called on him at a critical play! He did have one really nice catch though!

IzzyFlexion
10-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Jastram. Without his 9 (2 of 40 or more), the score would really piss me off.

dryash83
10-03-2010, 01:56 AM
leather neck defense was in our receivers faces all night......gotta catch the tough ones Titus!!!!!

Caves39
10-03-2010, 05:56 PM
leather neck defense was in our receivers faces all night......gotta catch the tough ones Titus!!!!!

I agree totally, he has to make that tough catch in the endzone.

Herd
10-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Holloway had a great game. . . he is one of the few that stepped up to the occaision. I think that he is one of the more althletic WR's we have had in a long time. He has speed, size, length. He is a deep threat, possession guy, and a goto guy near the endzone. I really like his game.

Yes, he's had a few drops, but he has more than made up for that. Great effort by Holloway against WIL.