PDA

View Full Version : Fans

tjbison
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
God love all the fans dressed in blue here today!! Also Students cry me a river with your facebook ticket crap lots of blue in the South Endzone!!

BTW East side of the dome sucks

Wally
10-02-2010, 08:09 PM
No doubt. I don't want to hear or read any more stories about how the effen students don't get enough tickets. The rest of the dome is bulls*** as well. It looks like the metrodome for twins games in early 90s in here!

Gilley
10-02-2010, 08:24 PM
that has to be the least amount of fans i've seen at a homecoming game in a long time...

silkamilkamonico
10-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Homecoming too yea?

Maybe Bison football just isn't as big as it once was?

tony
10-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Homecoming too yea?

Maybe Bison football just isn't as big as it once was?

Too bad NDSU can't sell tickets twice... they could sell about 25,000.

I was hoping that not having UND on the schedule would mean that companies wouldn't buy up blocks of tickets and then only use half of them. Apparently they still do that.

silkamilkamonico
10-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't know where they are, but can anyone see how the season ticket's section looks, or maybe that's too difficult to take notice?

gotts
10-02-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't know where they are, but can anyone see how the season ticket's section looks, or maybe that's too difficult to take notice?

Pretty pathetic.

Sat in Section 20, Row EE, about 6 total people in my row, not many in the rows above and below, either.

bisonmike2
10-02-2010, 09:05 PM
that has to be the least amount of fans i've seen at a homecoming game in a long time...

Out of the people that didn't show, 1/2 of them didn't want to see us lose to yet another MVFC team, and the other 1/2 didn't want to see us lose yet another homecoming game.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

CaBisonFan
10-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Outdoor football...:cool:

bisonbills
10-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Outdoor football...:cool:

I don't disagree but it is sunny and 65 out today. The dome should have been an advantage.

Kevin
10-02-2010, 09:29 PM
The Dome is loud, and it made a difference on quite a few of those false start penalties the last few weeks but I can't help but wonder how much of an asset it could be if even 3/4ths the stadium acted like they were at a college football game.

stevdock
10-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Students were very quiet this week which didn't help anything. They stayed longer than normal, but enough crying about not having enough tickets.

Tailgaters a good portion of them get into the dome too late. With 5 minutes of the clock, the dome was well under half filled. You wonder why the team comes out flat, that could be part of it.

Outdoor football has nothing to do with it either. I'm fully convinced that there would be no more people at that game today if were outdoors instead of indoors.

Season ticket holders sell or get rid of your damn tickets if you aren't going to be there. That was embarassing tonight and the fans played a part into the losing equation tonight.

BigBison
10-02-2010, 10:18 PM
The season ticket holders are lame. Half dont show up I dont understand it :smh:

BigBison
10-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Attendance was 18,701, but more like 17,000

tjbison
10-02-2010, 10:22 PM

umm......15,000 might be closer. unless alot of people wore blue, and yes many of those are between the 35 yd lines:banghead: Pathetic!!

I had several people ask me for tickets because they couldn't get any and then to walk in and see the open seats.....................Sad

granted lots of schools would love our poor turnout compared to their average but man come on

Bison"FANatic"
10-02-2010, 10:42 PM
I know it is not a total exuse but we are a AG school and beets and beans are in full swing this week, and we have not had rain for a few days

Jay
10-02-2010, 11:11 PM

14 or 15k maybe... absolutely embarrassing for homecoming. #13 in the country and we can't fill the dome.... (shaking my head)

HandoEX
10-02-2010, 11:13 PM
All I am going to say is I hate the way 90% of our fans act at games.

Snake
10-02-2010, 11:22 PM
How about everybody quit bitchin about the fans. Last time i checked the fans don't step foot on the field. Put a ligitimate playoff contender on the field and it'll take care of itself.

TransAmBison
10-02-2010, 11:45 PM
How about everybody quit bitchin about the fans. Last time i checked the fans don't step foot on the field. Put a ligitimate playoff contender on the field and it'll take care of itself.
Thank you Mr 4 posts. Goodbye.

semobison
10-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Only 4 posts, but he has somthing there!

North Side
10-03-2010, 12:03 AM
season ticket holders were way more of a let down, there was so much blue :( , smart idea by marketing to offer a chance to win $500 off tuition in the 4th that kept some of those early leaving students still there (but ppl left anyway when it got out of hand)

Thunder_Struck
10-03-2010, 12:08 AM
season ticket holders were way more of a let down, there was so much blue :( , smart idea by marketing to offer a chance to win $500 off tuition in the 4th that kept some of those early leaving students still there (but ppl left anyway when it got out of hand)

Down 12 with over 5 minutes left and 3 time outs is not out of hand. I can see some people leaving, but it looked like more where leaving than staying at that point.

Tatanka
10-03-2010, 12:12 AM
I agree. It's just sad that people can't find people / charities / students / etc. to use their season tickets if they're not going to attend.

Thunder_Struck
10-03-2010, 12:14 AM
I agree. It's just sad that people can't find people / charities / students / etc. to use their season tickets if they're not going to attend.

or turn them into the ticket office to give to all those students that claim to not be able to get a ticket.

EndZoneQB
10-03-2010, 12:15 AM

I got freakin threatened to get kicked out today. I was not swearing, or doing anything wrong. I am calling Gene Taylor on Monday.

Tatanka
10-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Seriously people. Someone needs to remind the powers that be (in the stands, in the dome security force, and in the administration) what the difference is between a college football game in the dome and the campus library or church. I swear sometimes I wonder how many would actually prefer to be in the library.

Actually, more I think about it, here's a suggestion: let me, TAB, DjKyRo, and Sav plan and execute the game day presentation one Saturday. Seriously. Just one. I hate to say it, but for game day presentation, our crew needs to attend teh hockies up in el Forko to learn a thing or two. Sad but true.

EndZoneQB
10-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Seriously people. Someone needs to remind the powers that be (in the stands, in the dome security force, and in the administration) what the difference is between a college football game in the dome and the campus library or church. I swear sometimes I wonder how many would actually prefer to be in the library.

Actually, more I think about it, here's a suggestion: let me, TAB, DjKyRo, and Sav plan and execute the game day presentation one Saturday. Seriously. Just one. I hate to say it, but for game day presentation, our crew needs to attend teh hockies up in el Forko to learn a thing or two. Sad but true.

That's EXACTLY what I was saying all game. I was running up and down the stairs chanting and telling people Bohl said we aren't at church we are at a game. I had a 60 year old woman swear at me(I was not swearing) and a 40 year old woman in front of me swear at me as well. Apparently cheering pisses people off.

Tatanka
10-03-2010, 12:32 AM
That's EXACTLY what I was saying all game. I was running up and down the stairs chanting and telling people Bohl said we aren't at church we are at a game. I had a 60 year old woman swear at me(I was not swearing) and a 40 year old woman in front of me swear at me as well. Apparently cheering pisses people off.

:rofl: Should have turned them in. :nod:

EndZoneQB
10-03-2010, 12:44 AM
:rofl: Should have turned them in. :nod:

I tried. Security was too worried about me being loud. No joke. I straight up told the security guy, if I was swearing, I'd completely understand him being mad at me. I thought I was rather tame compared to most games. My eight year old cousin was sitting next to me for cripes sake. I did have a lot of support, but still I shouldn't have to deal with security like that...they basically belittled me.

Snake
10-03-2010, 01:03 AM
So a person with 4 posts can't have an opinion? FU TransAmFan. Just because i don't offer an opinion on here often doesn't mean i don't follow the team just like everybody else.

Bison"FANatic"
10-03-2010, 01:10 AM
It has been a long day snake. Stick around things will get better. Don't take anything after a loss on here to seriously

TransAmBison
10-03-2010, 01:14 AM
So a person with 4 posts can't have an opinion? FU TransAmFan. Just because i don't offer an opinion on here often doesn't mean i don't follow the team just like everybody else.
Like I said...goodbye.

dryash83
10-03-2010, 01:47 AM
let me say this. I had FUN at the game: Western Illinois played GREAT. Their red zone defense made the difference in the game, without a doubt. Section 33 had great fans EARLY in the game, but I tell you our defense was pourus. After three quarters, it was damn tought to stand on 3rd and 1 given the likely outcome.

I think Western Illinois is/was tough.

We need some work.

I had more fun watching Jensen run the offense; we have a good future ahead of us.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-03-2010, 02:38 AM
I just got back from the game and I have a few observations..............

The dome sucks! Plain and simple. It was a total waste of a perfectly great day to have to go inside to watch a football game and never see the light of day. So yes, empty seats today had EVERYTHING to do with the weather.

On the drive home, to the west, everywhere I looked there was either a combine or beat harvester going, so yes, harvest (i.e. the weather) had a lot to do with empty seats.

Our crowd is flat. Period. If it wasn't for the students, there wouldn't be any noise at all. So we shouldn't complain about the students. If you think your section is bad you should sit in the section I sit in (section 2 row b), its downright embarassing. Frick'in 80 year old ladies with canes? Really? I know they probably have given a ton of money to teammakers forever, but give me a break. Give the tickets to your grandson or great-grandson for that matter. If you need an oxygen mask, you probably shouldn't be at the game.

Our team is average at best. We look good against crappy teams, but our real ability shows when we start conference play. We will be lucky to finish .500 in the conference.

Jensen looks better every game. He has a great arm and his accuracy was pretty good today. Our offense line was another story. They got "used" the whole afternoon. Piss poor blocking like we saw against UNI. I'm afraid that we will see more of this poor line play now that conference play has started. We couldn't move the ball today. Our only positive yardage came from the "bomb." After the big play we either had to settle for a field goal or turn it over on downs.

Our D really disappointed tonight. Did anyone else notice how they looked confused and not ready to play on almost every down? It took forever for the play to be called down on the field. I don't know how many times WIU snapped the ball and our D was still shifting and making adjustments. They seemed to be out of position all afternoon.

Overall, it seemed we were outmatched athletically on both sides of the ball all afternoon.

Herd Mentality
10-03-2010, 03:09 AM
Didn't get tossed today...then again, I taped my mouth shut for the first half. I got sick of the poor play 5 minutes before the half and had to walk out...security followed me. Really?

Way to go obease police. Watched two of the FargoDomes 5X -sized security sit at the same tailgate for over 30 minutes. Pathetic.

ndsubison1
10-03-2010, 03:19 AM
The crowd today was pathetic

MNLonghorn10
10-03-2010, 04:07 AM
bison fans f'ing suck.

there. i said it. so do games @ the fargodome.

DjKyRo
10-03-2010, 04:29 AM
The band and most students don't have a clue. So many times I was shouting for people to stop chanting/band stop playing when our team was on offense - why would you play when they're in a huddle calling plays and figuring routes/assignments and when more noise = less concentration? Jesus, have ANY of them been to a football game before?

stevdock
10-03-2010, 01:35 PM
The band and most students don't have a clue. So many times I was shouting for people to stop chanting/band stop playing when our team was on offense - why would you play when they're in a huddle calling plays and figuring routes/assignments and when more noise = less concentration? Jesus, have ANY of them been to a football game before?

Agreed and not to mention the raffle ticket winner normally happens when we go on offense, WHY?? Also even though it was a great idea for the voucher to the students, why when we go on offense??

Bisonfan1
10-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Didn't get tossed today...then again, I taped my mouth shut for the first half. I got sick of the poor play 5 minutes before the half and had to walk out...security followed me. Really?

Way to go obease police. Watched two of the FargoDomes 5X -sized security sit at the same tailgate for over 30 minutes. Pathetic.

Come on really, they were just admiring what was on the grill, its like you watching a girl (guy ?) at the beach, take it as a compliment. Seems like you have a stalker if they are following you around, time to get a protection order.

onbison09
10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
I got freakin threatened to get kicked out today. I was not swearing, or doing anything wrong. I am calling Gene Taylor on Monday.

Wow. You guys should come to a game at my school. I was in the student section and this guy was yelling WTF? repeatedly when they should've called us down on a fumble. (It did get overturned). I also sat on the other side once and you can stand and do whatever. Really sad they have to ruin the atmosphere. One thing I will say about Kansas is nobody gave you crap if you stood. They understood it was a football game.

BraxtonT
10-03-2010, 04:16 PM
God love all the fans dressed in blue here today!! Also Students cry me a river with your facebook ticket crap lots of blue in the South Endzone!!

BTW East side of the dome sucks

I'm on the East side, and yes, it does suck. However, the West Side looked pretty empty, too. The problem is this: Corporate TeamMakers don't give their tickets to anybody.

I may be stating the obvious, but UND has many alums in Fargo-Moorhead running businesses. I'd be willing to bet there are many 'UND businesses' that are TeamMakers. It's a good tax write-off for them while showing support to the local university. Tickets? Bah, who cares about those. They can collect dust in the file cabinet.

Conspiracy? No, it's not all 'UND businesses', it's all businesses. I just threw in the UND reference to get some folks stirred up. Corporate TeamMakers give more money, so they get the best tickets. Unfortunately, the majority don't care enough to 'give' them to employees and/ or customers. It's pathetic. Something so easy to do, yet they don't! "Give them away" and you'll have positive PR for your business. Win-Win!

When deciding on seat location for TeamMakers, the corporate groups should have been lumped together on the Lower West Side. When there is one huge-ass open section on the 50 yard line, allow the rabid students behind the visitor's sideline to move over there!

56BISON73
10-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Has anybody thought that many people and the corporate tickets holders have TRIED to give there tickets away and there arent any takers? Or people accepted the tickets but didnt go to the game?

Plus lets not forget that it finally dried up enough for the farmers to start harvesting. So who are the farmers going to give there tickets to??? Other farmers?

Now lets look at the reality of the situation as there are some here who just cant get it through there head that not everyone in FM area is enamoured with NDSU athletics. If that statement is wrong why can we only sell 9,000 season tickets to football in a metro of quater of a million people.

This continual crying over what people do and dont do with there tickets when in fact they really dont have a clue is ridiculous.

Tatanka
10-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Has anybody thought that many people and the corporate tickets holders have TRIED to give there tickets away and there arent any takers? Or people accepted the tickets but didnt go to the game?

Plus lets not forget that it finally dried up enough for the farmers to start harvesting. So who are the farmers going to give there tickets to??? Other farmers?

Now lets look at the reality of the situation as there are some here who just cant get it through there head that not everyone in FM area is enamoured with NDSU athletics. If that statement is wrong why can we only sell 9,000 season tickets to football in a metro of quater of a million people.

This continual crying over what people do and dont do with there tickets when in fact they really dont have a clue is ridiculous.

All I'm saying is it's sad that the tickets aren't used. Especially when we have others that are trying to get tickets, or we have other unexplored (yet painfully easy and straightforward) avenues for redistributing unwanted tickets.

56BISON73
10-03-2010, 06:47 PM
All I'm saying is it's sad that the tickets aren't used. Especially when we have others that are trying to get tickets, or we have other unexplored (yet painfully easy and straightforward) avenues for redistributing unwanted tickets.

I agree.
But there are few here who continually keep beating that drum but do nothing about it. Why dont those that have this certain burr under there saddle schedule a meeting with TM and the ticket office and voice these world shattering concerns. Then something may be done. But then again there isnt a market out there right now for extra tickets. What have we heard??? One or two people couldnt get tickets? Did they walk around tailgate and ask? Did they talk to Josh in tickets?
All Iam saying is If somebody really wants to go to the game they will find a ticket. Its not that hard.

NorthernBison
10-03-2010, 10:31 PM
I doesn't take a real genius to figure out that when hundreds of millions of dollars of crop are in the field on a beautiful October afternoon, anybody associated with harvesting that crop was doing exactly that. I think too many people posting on this board never drive outside the city limits.

Driving down yesterday, beet lifters were going all over the place. After the game, we drove to Detroit Lakes to visit relatives and there were combines harvesting beans everywhere you looked.

Give the tickets away? Have you ever tried that? It's not easy. Have to have enough seats and enough lead time for somebody to make plans.

I sit in section 4 Row G. I can tell you that the crowd on the west side of the dome was pretty sparse. Sections 17, 18, and 19 were pathetic. 20 and 21 were better but still lots of blue seats. I saw some rows that were almost completely empty. All game those seats were empty.

56BISON73
10-03-2010, 10:40 PM
I doesn't take a real genius to figure out that when hundreds of millions of dollars of crop are in the field on a beautiful October afternoon, anybody associated with harvesting that crop was doing exactly that. I think too many people posting on this board never drive outside the city limits.

Driving down yesterday, beet lifters were going all over the place. After the game, we drove to Detroit Lakes to visit relatives and there were combines harvesting beans everywhere you looked.

Give the tickets away? Have you ever tried that? It's not easy. Have to have enough seats and enough lead time for somebody to make plans.

I sit in section 4 Row G. I can tell you that the crowd on the west side of the dome was pretty sparse. Sections 17, 18, and 19 were pathetic. 20 and 21 were better but still lots of blue seats. I saw some rows that were almost completely empty. All game those seats were empty.

A lot of the seats around me were notiably absent as well. BUT the guy next to is a seed salesman and there are alot of farmers also. So when they werent at the game it was no surprise to me as the conversation as of late was wet fields and needing to get their crops in..