PDA

View Full Version : President Bresciani Not Wasting Any Time

Bison bison
09-30-2010, 11:15 AM
State of the University to Make the Case for Additional Funding

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/293048/

Tatanka
09-30-2010, 11:42 AM
I assume that when the Forum writes that they received an "advanced" copy of the speech they really mean an "advance" copy. Unless the copy they receive is truly above and beyond other copies, which is totally possible.

oh, and why is it relevant how many times the NDSU president references (or doesn't reference) UND? oops my bad. forgot the source. *facepalm* :smh:

BisonAccountant44
09-30-2010, 12:46 PM
He says it’s ironic that the other campuses in the North Dakota University System are supported closer to their peers, while the two flagship research universities are not.“As major economic engines of our state, and the most likely factors in changing North Dakota’s future, I find that troubling, if not indefensible.”
:bowdown: :cheers: :bowdown: :cheers: :bowdown::cheers: :bowdown: :cheers: :bowdown::cheers:

Hammersmith
09-30-2010, 10:14 PM
If you haven't already, I suggest you read the entire speech. I think I'd give it at least a 9/10.

Civil06
09-30-2010, 10:40 PM
I really like this president.

duluthbison
09-30-2010, 10:43 PM
You can watch it here also:

http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/media/pr/address2010.html

tjbison
09-30-2010, 10:45 PM
I like this guy!!!!!

North Side
09-30-2010, 10:58 PM
the message I got out of his address ----> lets get a lil bit of the oil money to NDSU!

ndsubison1
09-30-2010, 11:21 PM
I really like this president.

This ^^^^^^

DjKyRo
09-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Man, hats off to President Bresciani. I don't think any would say NDSU was in exactly a positive position with the H-bomb getting dropped on us (Hanson), but Bresciani really has some awesome things going down - first the promise of a new basketball facility, presentations like what's linked above, and foremostly, to me at least, he's been to every home game tossing t-shirts into the student section. I just love his commitment to the students, to athletics and to making NDSU the flagship school of the region.

Once again a gigantic THANK YOU to President Bresciani for choosing our school! Can't wait to see what the future holds.

roadwarrior
09-30-2010, 11:42 PM
I heard on the news that the crowd watching the speech this morning was the largest ever for a state of the university speech.

Hammersmith
09-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Man, hats off to President Bresciani. I don't think any would say NDSU was in exactly a positive position with the H-bomb getting dropped on us (Hanson), but Bresciani really has some awesome things going down - first the promise of a new basketball facility, presentations like what's linked above, and foremostly, to me at least, he's been to every home game tossing t-shirts into the student section. I just love his commitment to the students, to athletics and to making NDSU the flagship school of the region.

Once again a gigantic THANK YOU to President Bresciani for choosing our school! Can't wait to see what the future holds.

Dude's got an arm, too.

Hammersmith
09-30-2010, 11:53 PM

Dude's got an arm, too. He was throwing a nice spiral with the foam footballs at the USD game. ;)

EndZoneQB
10-01-2010, 04:09 AM
He sounds like exactly what we needed so far. Almost picking up right where Chapman left off...stepping up to the plate, playing some hardball to make NDSU even better.

mebisonII
10-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't know, I kind of miss seeing the head of NDSU grovelling and apologizing for NDSU's success.

Wait....no I don't!

G-city Bison Fan
10-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Sat down and watched it last night. Started humorous, got serious and historical.

Great speech, feels like we are in good hands. I get the feeling that this guy is even more excited than we are.

EndZoneQB
10-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Sat down and watched it last night. Started humorous, got serious and historical.

Great speech, feels like we are in good hands. I get the feeling that this guy is even more excited than we are.

Bottom line, I think he gets "it".

sambini
10-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Met the president last night at the Foundation dinner. Very impressed+++

Herd
10-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Bresciani is definitely replacing the Chapman void, but unlike Chapman, everyone respects Bresciani already including the SBHE, people of Fargo, and other state unstitutions. He's been a win-win for NDSU. I assumed any SBHE hire would not give NDSU a true leader for growth, not the case.

Tatanka
10-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Bresciani is definitely replacing the Chapman void, but unlike Chapman, everyone respects Bresciani already including the SBHE, people of Fargo, and other state unstitutions. He's been a win-win for NDSU. I assumed any SBHE hire would not give NDSU a true leader for growth, not the case.

Well, teh SBoHE has to (1) provide the leadership, which I agree they have, and (2) provide the funding, which they have NOT.