PDA

View Full Version : We need this year to be good...

bisonfan11
09-29-2010, 10:50 PM
In order to prove to every one that we are better and not excepting failure like UND. I have read some posts in Siouxsports.com and some fans really feel like their team is sooo freaking wonderful and beating NDSU in '03 (and having an edge in the head to head match up against the two schools) means that UND is a better football school. Umm, no...what determines success as a dominant program is how many championships a program has won. NDSU has 8 DII championships UND has all of 1 DII championship. Anyways, it seems that fans of UND are being dilusianal thinking that A. they can play with us, and B. that their football team is great. Honestly UND will be lucky to finish better than 5-6 this year, so this needs to be the year NDSU steps up and proves they are one of the better teams in the FCS. If we can finish 7-4 or better then we can prove that '08 and '09 was a fluke and that coach Bohl and Co. are completely dedicated towards winning a National championship (unlike Musseman and Co.). We do well people will see NDSU is legit and more great recruits will come, we do poorly (like falling off going 2-4 in our last 6 games) we will be seen as a program that is just a pretender not a contender and more Sue fans will feel that they are equal to us. THIS STOPS NOW!!!! NDSU>UND.

Twentysix
09-29-2010, 11:27 PM
In order to prove to every one that we are better and not excepting failure like UND. I have read some posts in Siouxsports.com and some fans really feel like their team is sooo freaking wonderful and beating NDSU in '03 (and having an edge in the head to head match up against the two schools) means that UND is a better football school. Umm, no...what determines success as a dominant program is how many championships a program has won. NDSU has 8 DII championships UND has all of 1 DII championship. Anyways, it seems that fans of UND are being dilusianal thinking that A. they can play with us, and B. that their football team is great. Honestly UND will be lucky to finish better than 5-6 this year, so this needs to be the year NDSU steps up and proves they are one of the better teams in the FCS. If we can finish 7-4 or better then we can prove that '08 and '09 was a fluke and that coach Bohl and Co. are completely dedicated towards winning a National championship (unlike Musseman and Co.). We do well people will see NDSU is legit and more great recruits will come, we do poorly (like falling off going 2-4 in our last 6 games) we will be seen as a program that is just a pretender not a contender and more Sue fans will feel that they are equal to us. THIS STOPS NOW!!!! NDSU>UND.

+ + +

BlueBisonRock
09-29-2010, 11:30 PM

UND's perception of grandure will not make it past this weekend.

OrygunBison
09-29-2010, 11:39 PM
I think a big part of widening the gap between the schools is to stop acknowledging them as if there is some big battle. That includes here. Why bother? NDSU is clearly leaving them behind. Hard to argue that fact.

CaBisonFan
09-30-2010, 02:24 AM
I watched about ten minutes of their game last Saturday. The Alerus was approximately 2/3 or 3/4 empty. We have more band members in the first row than they have in their entire band. They are going through some mega struggles with the transition in terms of fan support. Not sure about finances, but the apathy is deafening. If they can keep going they will eventually establish something pretty good. In terms of comparing our roster to theirs, there 'is' no comparison. Looks like a typical Sioux team. They have a few decent players. We should have gone after Jake Miller big-time. Not sure if we did. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Grizzled
09-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Well since we have yet another thread about UND on our board I will chime in. All the talk is just that..........talk. In my mind the only way to shut them up is to get the game scheduled and bury them. We had many chances to do this. I know, I know.. Why help them in their transition. I'll tell you why, when we beat them by thirty everyone will know where each program stands. Until that time we can talk about how much better we are and pat each other on the back but results on the field are what matter and what people notice.

As far as National championships there are a lot of fans out there who never saw NDSU win a NC and saw UND dominate NDSU for the last 15 years of the rivalry. These fans have also never seen a playoff game in the Fargodome while the Alerus has held many. I say schedule the game, put the talk to rest and all the talking will take care of itself.

56BISON73
09-30-2010, 02:47 AM
Well since we have yet another thread about UND on our board I will chime in. All the talk is just that..........talk. In my mind the only way to shut them up is to get the game scheduled and bury them. We had many chances to do this. I know, I know.. Why help them in their transition. I'll tell you why, when we beat them by thirty everyone will know where each program stands. Until that time we can talk about how much better we are and pat each other on the back but results on the field are what matter and what people notice.

As far as National championships there are a lot of fans out there who never saw NDSU win a NC and saw UND dominate NDSU for the last 15 years of the rivalry. These fans have also never seen a playoff game in the Fargodome while the Alerus has held many. I say schedule the game, put the talk to rest and all the talking will take care of itself.

Griz you hit the nail on the head. Talk is just talk to make yourself feel better. I say---Either put up or shut up. Play the game and then you got something to talk about.

Twentysix
09-30-2010, 03:48 AM
Griz you hit the nail on the head. Talk is just talk to make yourself feel better. I say---Either put up or shut up. Play the game and then you got something to talk about.

It will happen the next common available date. I believe were booked solid for a year or 2.

lakesbison
09-30-2010, 04:26 AM
no no no. (its my 2nd post)

CaBisonFan
09-30-2010, 04:40 AM

Which is what a discussion forum is for...:D...so you can discuss why people shouldn't discuss this.

I used to stand at Dacotah Field and ask myself..."why in the hell isn't PL getting the ball?"

CaBisonFan
09-30-2010, 04:46 AM

Which is why I went to the trouble of making all of those vids for YouTube. Read somewhere that the Bison coaches spent some time showing the team videos of some of the NC teams and probably the 06 & 07 teams. No one...and I mean no one that I know (even UND people living 40 miles away) went anywhere to watch the Sioux play in the playoffs. I know one guy that drove 35 miles from Mayville to GF to see any of the games...ever. I could probably name 50 people that go to every Bison game now...and more than 50 who never missed a Bison game in the older eras. I know half a dozen people from Mayville who flew to every single Bison playoff game on the road. It's a totally, totally different thing. There are more Sioux fans in Mayville because of the location. They never talk football. Ever...never have.

As for playing them....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

ndsubison1
09-30-2010, 07:17 AM
who cares about UND. Lets start comparing ourselves to Montana, Appalachian St. and umm... UNI (:blush:) yes, UNI. I dont care about how Great Worst conference teams fans think of us. Quit stooping to their level

bosco
10-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Who are these Sioux people that you speak of?

Da_Bison
10-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Which is why I went to the trouble of making all of those vids for YouTube. Read somewhere that the Bison coaches spent some time showing the team videos of some of the NC teams and probably the 06 & 07 teams. No one...and I mean no one that I know (even UND people living 40 miles away) went anywhere to watch the Sioux play in the playoffs. I know one guy that drove 35 miles from Mayville to GF to see any of the games...ever. I could probably name 50 people that go to every Bison game now...and more than 50 who never missed a Bison game in the older eras. I know half a dozen people from Mayville who flew to every single Bison playoff game on the road. It's a totally, totally different thing. There are more Sioux fans in Mayville because of the location. They never talk football. Ever...never have.

As for playing them....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Hey Ca, did you ever make a vid of the Central Michigan pounding?? Would love to see those highlights? keep up the great work Ca, you're definitely an asset here.

ndbj52
10-01-2010, 02:15 AM
The Sioux football fans are just tired of being overshadowed. Currently NDSU football gets all the attention in the state of North Dakota and the only reason UND is on the map is because of its hockey program. No one goes to UND football games or travels to them, but the hockey fans up there are actually invested in that progrma and for good reason just like NDSU fans are invested in the football program.

Tatanka
10-01-2010, 02:55 AM
The Sioux football fans are just tired of being overshadowed. Currently NDSU football gets all the attention in the state of North Dakota and the only reason UND is on the map is because of its hockey program.

But, but, I thought NDSU football was irrelevant in the state and that we Bison fans need to get over it. Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

I'm so confused.

EightyfourBison
10-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Anyone else notice the countdown clock on their homepage showing the end of the football season for their fans and all attention diverted to the RIA?