PDA

View Full Version : "Lakes" gets some love. Shhhh...the p-word.

Bison15
09-29-2010, 06:02 PM
From Swanny

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=309

HandoEX
09-29-2010, 06:05 PM
that certainly has Bison fans whispering the “p-word.” Especially “lakesbison.”

Bring the wig back!

CAS4127
09-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Yep, and Bohl is quoted as saying that "UNI was nothing short of dominating" in there win over us, and the p-word "is nothing short of conjecture" at this time and that this is a "pivitol point in the season"

Hmmm. Bohl's quotes seem quite similar, if not verbatim, to what most of us non-kool-aid-drinking, negative, out-of-touch with reality, reservedly optomistic members of this forum have been "just sayin". Guess Bohl is negative on his team too then, at least if that is what defines being negative. But, I think it is actually called keeping things in just a little bit of perspective--just sayin.

MNLonghorn10
09-29-2010, 06:25 PM
free lakes bison!

aces1180
09-29-2010, 06:27 PM
See that guy in the green jersey, hat and beard in the top right of the photo? Yep, that's me. This was at the 2007 Bison-Gopher game.

Bison15
09-29-2010, 06:34 PM
I agree with Swanny where he says this weeks game is a pivotal point in the season along with the rest of our games. With the meat of our schedule looming, every game seams to be pivotal until we absolutely establish ourselves as the power in the conference this year.

BlueBisonRock
09-29-2010, 06:42 PM
I agree with Swanny where he says this weeks game is a pivotal point in the season along with the rest of our games. With the meat of our schedule looming, every game seams to be pivotal until we absolutely establish ourselves as the power in the conference this year.

The most important game is always the next one. Lets go Bison!

HandoEX
09-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Yep, and Bohl is quoted as saying that "UNI was nothing short of dominating" in there win over us, and the p-word "is nothing short of conjecture" at this time and that this is a "pivitol point in the season"

Hmmm. Bohl's quotes seem quite similar, if not verbatim, to what most of us non-kool-aid-drinking, negative, out-of-touch with reality, reservedly optomistic members of this forum have been "just sayin". Guess Bohl is negative on his team too then, at least if that is what defines being negative. But, I think it is actually called keeping things in just a little bit of perspective--just sayin.

Poll all college football coaches and 0% would say anything different.

CAS4127
09-29-2010, 06:54 PM
So, are they all negative then, or just realistic and keeping things in perspecitve? Additionally, and just using your math and "logic", then %0 of them would be talking playoffs and thinking they are looking unbeatable at 3-1, right?

Also, I doubt they ALL know about the UNI/NDSU game!

OrygunBison
09-29-2010, 07:31 PM
So, are they all negative then, or just realistic and keeping things in perspecitve? Additionally, and just using your math and "logic", then %0 of them would be talking playoffs and thinking they are looking unbeatable at 3-1, right?

Who are you even arguing with and why?

CAS4127
09-29-2010, 07:44 PM

I have been routinely accused of being "negative" toward the Bison and or coaches for questioning play calling, whether we should even be talking playoffs at this point, whether we have enough "information" to determine whether it is an all-around solid team or not, whether we deserve to be ranked as high as we currently are (and that rankings don't matter at this point in the season), why I am not "jumping on the bandwagon" (I've always been a Bison fan btw)etc., and that I am only "reservedly optimistic" at this point. Consequently, I am pointing out that Coach Bohl holds many of the same opinions that I, and many other Bisonville members/Bison fans, do. So not arguing, just pointing out that what I have been saying isn't necessarily negative, it's just my opinion and thoughts, but apparently you can't state an opinion different--and without backlash--from the kool-aid-drinking/bandwagon Bisonville members.

ndsubison1
09-29-2010, 09:00 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

i was thinking the same thing

HerdBot
09-29-2010, 10:33 PM
From Swanny

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=309

SWANNY IS THE MAN!!!! Keep up the good work!!

tony
09-29-2010, 10:51 PM
I have been routinely accused of being "negative" toward the Bison and or coaches for questioning play calling, whether we should even be talking playoffs at this point, whether we have enough "information" to determine whether it is an all-around solid team or not, whether we deserve to be ranked as high as we currently are (and that rankings don't matter at this point in the season), why I am not "jumping on the bandwagon" (I've always been a Bison fan btw)etc., and that I am only "reservedly optimistic" at this point. Consequently, I am pointing out that Coach Bohl holds many of the same opinions that I, and many other Bisonville members/Bison fans, do. So not arguing, just pointing out that what I have been saying isn't necessarily negative, it's just my opinion and thoughts, but apparently you can't state an opinion different--and without backlash--from the kool-aid-drinking/bandwagon Bisonville members.

Meh, personally, I agree with pretty much everything you have said up until the part in bold (which is garbage.)

I doubt I'm the only one who is pretty sick of the months of "Fire Bohl", "Bench DJ", "Fire Vigen", etc negativity. The optimism is a welcome change, in my opinion, even though I know a lot of it will evaporate after the next loss.

Ever think that the backlash you are experiencing has something to do with you being a dick? (again, refer to the part of your post in bold) :)

lakesbison
09-29-2010, 11:03 PM
I am trying to do that tony!!! maybe you can let me post??

tony
09-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I am trying to do that tony!!! maybe you can let me post??

You can post but somebody is going to have to approve them.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=405693&postcount=12

runtheoption
09-29-2010, 11:51 PM

NDSU will kill Western Ill this weekend 49 to 0, and run the table until we have our first championship since 1990. This is the most explosive offense ever, and the most suffocating Bison D in history. My glasses are one lens green, one lens yellow, and I'm moving to Jonestown.* Who's with me?

*maybe I shouldn't use the words kill, explosive, suffocating and Jonestown in the same post. Might end up on some FBI watch list.

Bisonfan1
09-30-2010, 12:11 AM
NDSU will kill Western Ill this weekend 49 to 0, and run the table until we have our first championship since 1990. This is the most explosive offense ever, and the most suffocating Bison D in history. My glasses are one lens green, one lens yellow, and I'm moving to Jonestown.* Who's with me?

*maybe I shouldn't use the words kill, explosive, suffocating and Jonestown in the same post. Might end up on some FBI watch list.

SOME FBI watch list ?? You are on ALL of them now !

runtheoption
09-30-2010, 12:35 AM
SOME FBI watch list ?? You are on ALL of them now !

DAMN! They are probably going to set up a sobriety checkpoint in my driveway, arrest me, and ship me off to GITMO or a secret CIA base in Pakistan.

Water boarding is like bonging a 6-pack, right?

Bisonfan1
09-30-2010, 12:58 AM
DAMN! They are probably going to set up a sobriety checkpoint in my driveway, arrest me, and ship me off to GITMO or a secret CIA base in Pakistan.

Water boarding is like bonging a 6-pack, right?

Dude the METRO SQUAD is allready on their way, your screwed, get out now !! We will miss you at tailgating this weekend, NOT !! ha ha

rutlandbison
09-30-2010, 02:51 AM

Don't want to get boosters to excited or they would be calling for heads every year. Have to down play it.

Trim
09-30-2010, 03:26 AM
Lakes, I like those Silly Bands your wearing in that picture!

CAS4127
09-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Meh, personally, I agree with pretty much everything you have said up until the part in bold (which is garbage.)

I doubt I'm the only one who is pretty sick of the months of "Fire Bohl", "Bench DJ", "Fire Vigen", etc negativity. The optimism is a welcome change, in my opinion, even though I know a lot of it will evaporate after the next loss.

Ever think that the backlash you are experiencing has something to do with you being a dick? (again, refer to the part of your post in bold) :)

Tone--man, that's just not fair! I have never called anyone on here any sort of insulting name, and never will. The terms I used in my post were "borrowed" from others, including those to whom they are meant to refer. That said, Go Bison and I hope we kick some ass!!

P.S. I will be stalking the tailgaiting area for all those who have called me bad names (as my little girl would say), so watch out, as I may attempt to request a beer, food, and a good, healthy, positive conversation. Can't wait!! Do you guys have name tags with your user ID's btw?

Civil06
09-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Tone--man, that's just not fair! I have never called anyone on here any sort of insulting name, and never will. The terms I used in my post were "borrowed" from others, including those to whom they are meant to refer. That said, Go Bison and I hope we kick some ass!!

P.S. I will be stalking the tailgaiting area for all those who have called me bad names (as my little girl would say), so watch out, as I may attempt to request a beer, food, and a good, healthy, positive conversation. Can't wait!! Do you guys have name tags with your user ID's btw?

TAB can help facilitate your new Bisonville tattoo.:)

Kermit
09-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Do you guys have name tags with your user ID's btw?

You don't know the secret handshake? :p

CAS4127
09-30-2010, 07:46 PM
You don't know the secret handshake? :p

I didn't know this was an actual fraternity!! I like tatoos tho, and if the wife has enough in her (liquor that is) I may just be able to convince her to show it off!

So how do I know if I'm at a Bisonville tailgaiting spot--seriously?! Do I have to holler something out, like, hey, I'm "dick", alah Tony?!

MNLonghorn10
09-30-2010, 07:46 PM
my name is on the back of my skivvies

tony
09-30-2010, 09:54 PM
So how do I know if I'm at a Bisonville tailgaiting spot--seriously?! Do I have to holler something out, like, hey, I'm "dick", alah Tony?!

Look on the ground. If you see Ming, you are close. :)

And, btw, people do not find me because I'm shouting, "I'm a dick!" Generally speaking, the beery smirk on my face gives me away. Hmm... the only game I'm going to this year is the SIU game and my ginormous moustache might hide the beery smirk.

Fallback plan: Look for somebody being pelted with sticks by small children... I'm the person handing the kids fivers afterwards.

CAS4127
09-30-2010, 09:58 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

i was thinking the same thing

Ming--if I meet you on Saturday, I may just have to kick your rofl ass! And, btw, your first mistake was to "think". You are better off in your wondering/daydreaming state!

MNLong: Your name is "Brownstreak"?! What were your parents thinkin?!!

FYI--Just had to stir things up again, as I won't be able to post again until Monday--got things to do tomorrow and then all weekend. It's homecoming u know?! And, btw, I'm just givin you guys a little love here--nothing serious about this post at all.

MNLonghorn10
09-30-2010, 09:59 PM
if you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers

DjKyRo
09-30-2010, 10:34 PM
And, btw, people do not find me because I'm shouting, "I'm a dick!" Generally speaking, the beery smirk on my face gives me away. Hmm... the only game I'm going to this year is the SIU game and my ginormous moustache might hide the beery smirk.

Wait a second. Only coming to town for the SIU game? Giant mustache? Beery smirk?

Tony is actually Dale Lennon.

ndsubison1
09-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Ming--if I meet you on Saturday, I may just have to kick your rofl ass! And, btw, your first mistake was to "think". You are better off in your wondering/daydreaming state!

FYI--Just had to stir things up again, as I won't be able to post again until Monday--got things to do tomorrow and then all weekend. It's homecoming u know?! And, btw, I'm just givin you guys a little love here--nothing serious about this post at all.

If we do I'll give ya a keystone light if you want. yes, that's what I drink :cheers:

56BISON73
10-01-2010, 12:24 AM

You going to the Holiday Inn?

tjbison
10-01-2010, 12:43 AM
If we do I'll give ya a keystone light if you want. yes, that's what I drink :cheers:

Whats up Keith Stone!!!;)

CaBisonFan
10-01-2010, 01:13 AM

It's called coaching the attitude of the team. It's a coaching thing. It's his job, as coach, to coach. This is a forum where all opinions are welcome...even opinions about opinions...:cool:

ndsubison1
10-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Look on the ground. If you see Ming, you are close. :)

Fallback plan: Look for somebody being pelted with sticks by small children... I'm the person handing the kids fivers afterwards.

for some reason a your mom joke doesnt seem appropriate here

ndsubison1
10-03-2010, 06:04 AM

Nice to meet you at the game CAS! :D

P.s. he did not kick my ass

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Nice to meet you at the game CAS! :D

P.s. he did not kick my ass

Ming--good meeting you and others from Bisonville--with a face and personality to the "name", perhaps now you and others know why I am so intense about Bison football, what it means to me, and why many of my posts come on a little strong.

Thanks for the hospitality from all of you I met--I had fun, but the post-game tailgaiting was not what I would have liked it be--for me (and likely for all of you, it was because we lost--just sayin!!

EndZoneQB
10-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Ming--good meeting you and others from Bisonville--with a face and personality to the "name", perhaps now you and others know why I am so intense about Bison football, what it means to me, and why many of my posts come on a little strong.

Thanks for the hospitality from all of you I met--I had fun, but the post-game tailgaiting was not what I would have liked it be--for me (and likely for all of you, it was because we lost--just sayin!!

Did we meet at tailgating?

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Did we meet at tailgating?

Not sure--were you at the shortbus? I met lots of (good) people and hope to be welcomed there again in the future.

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 03:52 PM
It's called coaching the attitude of the team. It's a coaching thing. It's his job, as coach, to coach. This is a forum where all opinions are welcome...even opinions about opinions...:cool:

CBF: See my post under "Reality sinks in" thread about leadership and coaching. Also, and with all do respect, I do not agree with your signature line. You are only a champion if you wore a jersey for a championship team, and even more so if you actually played, IMHO and just sayin. It's almost an "out" for current players and coaches to think they are champions because of past success--they need to step up and be champions!! Mediocrity is, as I like to say, "Not an Option"! :cheers: to you and the shortbus "Boot"!

EndZoneQB
10-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Not sure--were you at the shortbus? I met lots of (good) people and hope to be welcomed there again in the future.

I was there off and on, we are located in the "rainforest" but I'm the loud "kid" wearing the Mohler jersey.

lakesbison
10-04-2010, 07:18 PM
there isnt a RAINFOREST anymore

SDbison
10-04-2010, 07:23 PM
CAS, how come I didn't meet you?

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 07:26 PM
SD--don't know. I was there for over an hour b/4 game time.

Endzone: Don't think we met either.

Like I said earlier--always a "next time".