PDA

View Full Version : What Have We Proven...

Notorious
09-28-2010, 04:26 PM
So, what have we proven thus far? There have been wild swings both ways...we're awesome....we suck...we're awesome.....10-1....playoffs.....fire everyone...

I still think this team is an unknown. We have the meat* of our schedule ahead of us with a decent upset of an FBS team, an ass-kicking by a marginal conference opponent, and two wins over physically overmatched oppononents.

I like the improvement we've seen, but I think we have a huge couple weeks ahead of us...

I'd love to hear others' thoughts...

(*TWSS - TransAmBison)

CAS4127
09-28-2010, 04:31 PM
I agree and have said basically the same thing in other posts. But, warning, don't question play calling, D's actual ability to stop a physical team, nor the current ranking, as you may get your ass chewed. Let's see where we are 3-4 games from now. I'm hoping were in a great position, but jury is still out as implied by your post.

Go Bison.

THEsocalledfan
09-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I agree and have said basically the same thing in other posts. But, warning, don't question play calling, D's actual ability to stop a physical team, nor the current ranking, as you may get your ass chewed. Let's see where we are 3-4 games from now. I'm hoping were in a great position, but jury is still out as implied by your post.

Go Bison.

Hey, some of us are already on the bandwagon. There is still room. I have no doubt we beat WIU handily. My motto is: be negative when it is called for. It is not called for at this time. Defense is tough no matter how you anlayze it, we have a solid young QB, maybe an O line, and a running back. I'm telling you, the jury is not in deliberations; they are the party crew throwing beads from the bandwagon.

As you stated, Go Bison.

CAS4127
09-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm not being negative and agree with most of what you state, I'm just trying to keep things in perspective at this point in the season--perhaps to protect my sanity should things go south. After all, I am a life-long Vikes fan too.

tjbison
09-28-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm not being negative and agree with most of what you state, I'm just trying to keep things in perspective at this point in the season--perhaps to protect my sanity should things go south. After all, I am a life-long Vikes fan too.

Then you cannot save your sanity

stevdock
09-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey, some of us are already on the bandwagon. There is still room. I have no doubt we beat WIU handily. My motto is: be negative when it is called for. It is not called for at this time. Defense is tough no matter how you anlayze it, we have a solid young QB, maybe an O line, and a running back. I'm telling you, the jury is not in deliberations; they are the party crew throwing beads from the bandwagon.

As you stated, Go Bison.

Well I have never been or never will be on a bandwagon. I have always firmly supported the Bison and that has never wavered. Just because you don't exactly know what we have doesn't mean we are against the Bison. Who exactly have we beat?? A Kansas team that may or not be ok. A Morgan St team who looked good against us, but we'll have to wait and see. And a USD team who beat the Goofs but I'm starting to think most teams can. We don't know how good this team is or how good they could be because we don't know if we have beaten anyone yet.

Esquire
09-28-2010, 05:35 PM
I said this in another post, but our offensive coaching staff has been outcoached the last two games in the first half. We have plenty of good athletes....trust me...just listen to the coaches every year at the recruiting party. Every year I hear how great the recruiting class is and with all these great athletes that we are recruiting we should be playing like we did in the 2nd half against USD all the time. I don't want to hear how young we are. We are young because that young player beat out a veteran player. So that means he is better than the veteran player. Granted our offensive coaches have made halftime adjustments the last two games, but give me a break....have your game plan ready the 1st half.....it was so obvious to everyone in the entire Fargodome that we should have been running the ball from the outset of the first half, but yet our coaches did not figure that out until halftime???...come on offensive coaches.....be ready from the outset for Western Illinois. You can have the best athletes in the world, but if you don't have a game plan its not going to matter. All our offensive coaches are very capable, they just need to get it together right now before this next stretch of difficult games.

Bison Dan
09-28-2010, 05:45 PM
I said this in another post, but our offensive coaching staff has been outcoached the last two games in the first half. We have plenty of good athletes....trust me...just listen to the coaches every year at the recruiting party. Every year I hear how great the recruiting class is and with all these great athletes that we are recruiting we should be playing like we did in the 2nd half against USD all the time. I don't want to hear how young we are. We are young because that young player beat out a veteran player. So that means he is better than the veteran player. Granted our offensive coaches have made halftime adjustments the last two games, but give me a break....have your game plan ready the 1st half.....it was so obvious to everyone in the entire Fargodome that we should have been running the ball from the outset of the 1st game, but yet our coaches did not figure that out until halftime???...come on offensive coaches.....be ready from the outset for Western Illinois. You can have the best athletes in the world, but if you don't have a game plan its not going to matter. All our offensive coaches are very capable, they just need to get it together right now before this next stretch of difficult games.

I think that the reshuffling of the O-Line has something to do with it.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Well I have never been or never will be on a bandwagon. I have always firmly supported the Bison and that has never wavered. Just because you don't exactly know what we have doesn't mean we are against the Bison. Who exactly have we beat?? A Kansas team that may or not be ok. A Morgan St team who looked good against us, but we'll have to wait and see. And a USD team who beat the Goofs but I'm starting to think most teams can. We don't know how good this team is or how good they could be because we don't know if we have beaten anyone yet.

^^^^^^^^^This........

CaBisonFan
09-28-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't get to a lot of games. I'm a long-distance...computer streaming...sometimes TV Bison fan. Wish it was different. But...I was at the WIU game in Fargo two years ago. It was one of the most miserable football games that I remember ever going to. The game was close, but it didn't feel like it. WIU had the psychological edge most of the game. The dome was dead for the most part. I was sitting at the 50 yd line in the VIP section with my cousin...former Teammaker Prez. Both of us were losing it because that entire section of fans just sat there.

I will say this:

If the players and fans take WIU for granted in any way, shape, or form...we're toast. They will come to Fargo breathing fire. They have done well so far, and they'll be motivated. I predict a very tough game. They were very physical last time...and I expect nothing less this time.

We have truly entered the 'one game at a time' zone. The Steve Walker teams were very talented and had things going consistently. This group is very talented...but hasn't shown consistency yet. I'm hoping that we're witnessing the building of a real Bison team. The talent seems to be in place, and the attitude seems to be coming around, with some real team leadership on the field. It's a very good sign.

The sky is the limit...but...I can't get a handle on this team yet. I'm encouraged...but not confident.

Herd80
09-28-2010, 06:38 PM

This explains everything. I thought it was just me; it's hard to get too fired up early in the year especially when things start to look up. I like our team right now...things are looking better, but it's way too early to start talking playoffs.

Damn Vikings have been kicking my ass for decades

THEsocalledfan
09-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I said this in another post, but our offensive coaching staff has been outcoached the last two games in the first half. We have plenty of good athletes....trust me...just listen to the coaches every year at the recruiting party. Every year I hear how great the recruiting class is and with all these great athletes that we are recruiting we should be playing like we did in the 2nd half against USD all the time. I don't want to hear how young we are. We are young because that young player beat out a veteran player. So that means he is better than the veteran player. Granted our offensive coaches have made halftime adjustments the last two games, but give me a break....have your game plan ready the 1st half.....it was so obvious to everyone in the entire Fargodome that we should have been running the ball from the outset of the 1st game, but yet our coaches did not figure that out until halftime???...come on offensive coaches.....be ready from the outset for Western Illinois. You can have the best athletes in the world, but if you don't have a game plan its not going to matter. All our offensive coaches are very capable, they just need to get it together right now before this next stretch of difficult games.

I am amazed that anyone has the guts to criticize offensive coaches after a 500 yard plus performance. And did you forget the dropped passes? Yes, lets not let facts stand in the way of a good rant, but let's be fair. I like to win....don't you? I think a healthy dose of Valium, or heavy alcohol use, may be needed. Well, at least for me.......

I am officially never looking at this thread again as I don't want to commit suicide and this kind of negativity will push me toward it.

CAS4127
09-28-2010, 06:54 PM
"after "A" 500 yard plus performance"

Just in case he reads this "What have we proven ..." thread again!

Notorious
09-28-2010, 07:04 PM
I am amazed that anyone has the guts to criticize offensive coaches after a 500 yard plus performance. And did you forget the dropped passes? Yes, lets not let facts stand in the way of a good rant, but let's be fair. I like to win....don't you? I think a healthy dose of Valium, or heavy alcohol use, may be needed. Well, at least for me.......

I am officially never looking at this thread again as I don't want to commit suicide and this kind of negativity will push me toward it.

No negativity from me...just unsure about this team, and don't think Morgan St., and USD, are a good barometer for the rest of the season. Everyone on here should try to keep an even keel....such wide swings in emotion are going to kill half the posters on here. I think we have a nice team...we do, however, have much to prove yet.

p.s. I'll bet you a cookie that you'll look at this thread again...maybe even post!

DjKyRo
09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Some people even on the Bison side were predicting a loss to USD. Thrashing a team that even our own fanbase thinks is going to win isn't a good test?

It's just ridiculous how people keep finding ways to waffle on the Bison. All we could say last week was "They'll be a good test" "elite offense" etc. etc. etc. All of a sudden they weren't a good test? I understand some people feel betrayed by the 3-8 season but give the team some credit when it's due. We're 3-1. Let's start acting like it.

TransAmBison
09-28-2010, 07:11 PM
No negativity from me...just unsure about this team, and don't think Morgan St., and USD, are a good barometer for the rest of the season. Everyone on here should try to keep an even keel....such wide swings in emotion are going to kill half the posters on here. I think we have a nice team...we do, however, have much to prove yet.

p.s. I'll bet you a cookie that you'll look at this thread again...maybe even post!
What kind of cookie?

56BISON73
09-28-2010, 07:41 PM
So, what have we proven thus far? There have been wild swings both ways...we're awesome....we suck...we're awesome.....10-1....playoffs.....fire everyone...

I still think this team is an unknown. We have the meat* of our schedule ahead of us with a decent upset of an FBS team, an ass-kicking by a marginal conference opponent, and two wins over physically overmatched oppononents.

I like the improvement we've seen, but I think we have a huge couple weeks ahead of us...

(*TWSS - TransAmBison)

This------------

No consistancy.

CAS4127
09-28-2010, 07:54 PM
This------------

No consistancy.

Sometimes the shortest posts put everything in perspective. We, as Bison fans, are all over the board on our positions because of what we have seen so far (only thing consistent is how inconsistent we have been). Mine is to keep things even-keel until we see more of what we actually are--hope to see ya at tailgaiting on Saturday 56!!

56BISON73
09-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Sometimes the shortest posts put everything in perspective--hope to see ya at tailgaiting on Saturday 56!!

I will be there! Look forward to meeting you!

KTF
09-28-2010, 07:59 PM
I admit I have been critical of the staff however I am starting to buy into this team a bit. They have overcome adversity from the beginning of the season. The players could have easily given up and air mailed it in for the rest of the season. However they didn't...they believe in themselves something that we haven't seen over the past two seasons.

A caller on Bison Feedback last night told Bohl that he didn't buy the hype around the team. Bohl somewhat agreed that they are emerging but to give them a chance.

What has this team proven? they have proven that they can overcome deficits during the game to triumph. How many games was 2006 and 2007 teams down at half only to come back and win? A good handful, how many did they come back to win, a good handful...

To me this team has the same resolve and character make up of the 2006 and 2007 teams. The 2010 team seems to have the talent that just needs some polishing...

Once this team figures out how to play tough all 4 qtrs and make adjustments faster in the first half, they will be just as powerful as the '06&'07 versions...

Why don't we believe? becuase of the the last two seasons...

NorthernBison
09-28-2010, 08:03 PM
You are only as good as your NEXT game.

The keys I take from our first 4 games are:
1. This defense is not giving up many points. 44 in 4 games is pretty good.
2. Coaches have shown willingness and ability to make changes.
3. Offense can mix it up with deep passes and the running game has looked good at times. We know the talent is there in the backfield and the OL.
4. Special teams have been better than expected. I think Jastrom has been steady and Prelvitz also. Smith has been solid on returns.

The next two games are key. WIU is physical and their game against Purdue indicated they have some good things going. YSU hung with Penn State in the opener and impressed me.

TransAmBison
09-28-2010, 08:13 PM
I've been reading this thread and have been pondering what have we proven. Well, on offense we have made strides. Seriously, I think Weible could have put a defensive line together that would have been good enough to stuff our run game. Will we have a good enough running game to win in our conference? That is the question. What else have we proven? Well we have proven that our defense has gotten back to where it should be. Are they the best they have ever been? No, but they do not resemble the teams from the last two years at all. I was a little disappointed how USD's qb was able to run at times, but it isn't fair to expect them to stop every play for no gain.

So, what have we proven? Our defense is for real, and there is potential on offense. Leaders are rising up. Will this be a playoff year? Maybe, maybe not, but they seem to be moving in the right direction.

DjKyRo
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Seriously, I think Weible could have put a defensive line together that would have been good enough to stuff our run game.

I think the average weight of a Weible defensive line would eclipse the current lineup pretty squarely.

HerdBot
09-28-2010, 08:41 PM
I am confidently optimistic. We've proven our defense is very good and we've been doing it for 4 weeks now. We've been blessed with good health and the young players are improving and getting reps. We've proven we can make good defensive adjustments. We've been able to slow running QBs, something that used to be a major issue.

We've struggled on offense. We've proven we can dominate lower level defenses at home with Brock and the new and improved offfensive line. But be have not proven we can put up points on the road against a good defense. Well have to wait and see.

Depth and the development of young players will be very important.

Best case we could get a home field advantage and make a deep playoff run. Worst case we could collapse and miss the playoffs. What's it gonna be?

KilldeerBison
09-28-2010, 09:06 PM
We have proven we are 3 - 1, not too shabby!!

NDSUFan_Sav
09-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Then you cannot save your sanity

lies woodside and CO. saved mine

semobison
09-28-2010, 09:41 PM
We have proven that we can play one half of good football!

Twentysix
09-28-2010, 09:56 PM

(*TWSS - TransAmBison)

16-9 is hardly an ass kicking.
Especially in the eyes of a comittee that will look at only box scores GPI and common opponents, etc.

is 27-20 an ass kicking? 35-28? 7-0? 14-7?

BisonNeil
09-28-2010, 10:16 PM

And I think Bohl said as much yesterday in is press conference. He said this team is a "work in progress" because of it's inexperience (a term I prefer over "young"). But, there can be no question that the progress to date is good.

I also liked the players wanting to put an entire game together. They are clearly not satisfied with their progress to date and know they have a lot of work together.

But, tough to ignore the obvious, the MVFC will be much tougher than the non-conference schedule.

Question to those who think there is too much negativity and "debbie downers" on this board. Are the questions raised about this team by some truly the "negative" being put forward here, or is it the spewing of condemnation towards those who do not think as you do that is the true negativity? Just wondering...

BisonNeil
09-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I was a little disappointed how USD's qb was able to run at times, but it isn't fair to expect them to stop every play for no gain.

Can't say I disagree, but I liked how the defense adjusted after halftime. Warren was all but shut down in the second half.

And I think this bodes well for the WIU game. I said this in another thread but their QB is mobile and he gains yards with his legs and his arm, just like Warren. I think the Bison front 7 learned a lot playing Warren and that will carry over to the WIU game. I expect a win because of that.

Scooter1
09-28-2010, 11:57 PM
What have we proven?

We Have proven that we live in the land of the "Yeah, But...."

Everyone keeps bringing up the UNI loss where we were embarrassed 16-9 on the road. Sure, we were outplayed, it could have been worse and probably should have been worse. Well, Yeah, but you don't get points for almost scoring. People forget to mention that we did have a wide receiver standing in the end zone with the football who did push off the defender. But, I've seen worse infractions let go. We actually had a chance to tie this game and it was on the road against a good team and we were not playing well. One could say that we took the week off after the Kansas win.

Some say that this UNI loss is proof that we don't know what we have...Yeah, but why didn't this attitude apply to a certain team that went 8-3 with players like Steve Walker, Kyle Steffes, Kole Heckendorf, Justin Frick, Joe Mays, and Craig Dahl when they went down to Cal Poly and amassed a whopping 68 yards of offense in the first half? I do believe that NDSU was down 30-0 before we scored. We eventually lost that game 37-6. Let me repeat 37-6. Well, I guess that was just one game and if you don't come to play against the top teams in the FCS you are going to get pumped. This truth is still applies today. The difference is that the 2010 team who got so dominated still was in position to tie the game in the fourth. They didn't lie down and mail the game in. They were playing like shit, they knew it, and yet refused to let things get out of hand.

Some say that we can only play one half of football. Yeah, but.. USD didn't stop the Bison in the first half. It was dropped passes and a QB who air-mailed the ball over the heads of wide open receivers that stopped NDSU in the first half. NDSU made some position changes for the Morgan State game on the line. It took about a half before they got in gear. With the QB change things have been clicking for the Bison ever since. This was never more evident than in the third quarter against USD. DJ had a nice run for a first down..PENALTY...back it up. Then, nice run number 2 for a first down...PENALTY...back it up. Then, nice pass play for a first down (no penalty). NDSU basically drove over 110 yards to get that TD. USD was totally dominated on this drive and in the second half.

Some say that W Illinois has impressive stats and played Purdue tough. Yeah, but The Purdue game was over in the fourth quarter before two late TD's made this a respectable game. W Illinois made it respectable at the start but, after the first quarter, did not seriously challenge this below average Purdue football team. Purdue held this explosive leatherneck offense to 11 yards in the third quarter and 186 of W Ill total 406 came at the end of the game when Purdue was playing rather soft defense. W Illinois has impressive stats Yeah...but, They have played Valparaiso and Indiana St. You would be hard pressed to find two teams worse than that in the FCS.

Some reporters say Yeah...But, you can say all you want about being 3-1, you are 0-1 in the conference. Yeah...But, at least that loss is against a top 25 FCS school. It is all uphill for W Illinois from here on out. There aren't any Valpo or Indiana St teams left on the schedule pad the stat sheet. NDSU has played decidedly better teams than W Illinois are allowing fewer points and they still haven't given up more than 16 in a contest. There isn't one person on this planet that can honestly say that after playing Kansas, UNI, Morgan St and USD that we would be allowing just 11 PPG.

Some say that this offense is still unproven. Yeah but, we knew that it was going to take two or three weeks for this offense to gel. You can't put a true freshman in on the OL without expecting some growing pains for a game or two. The coaches pretty much implied as much. What we didn't expect was the tenacity of this Bison Defense and the stellar play of the freshmen on defense. They have given the offense time to get on their feet. With Brock Jensen at the helm, they appear to be playing much better. W Illinois actually has to prepare for the long ball against the Bison. This is something that UNI didn't have to do. If W Illinois sells out against the run we have seen that Brock can make them pay. It's a refreshing thought that we now have a QB who can stretch the Field.

Some say, Yeah but I not happy unless I have something to worry about all week. to this I say. What the hell are you waiting for? It's game five and we are right in the thick of things. NDSU is getting respect in the polls, we have beaten some pretty good teams, IT'S HOMECOMING WEEK and we are bringing another good team to play. Sounds like a great time to be a Bison fan. Get on the Bison band wagon, it doesn't really cost anything. Some say that they can't because they are realists and not kool aid drinkers. To this I say Yeah, but I may drink a little kool aid but at least I don't jump on the wagon when the outcome is a forgone conclusion on the off chance that things go south. (so you can say I told you so) I pick this game 34-17 and I stand by that prediction. I may be completely wrong but at least I'm not wishy washy about it and support my reasoning. It may be Koolaid influenced reasoning but it's not outrageously Koolaid influenced.

Yeah...but, as Yoteforever would say..."You are a jerk. Period." (I'll always love that one.)

westriver bison
09-29-2010, 12:41 AM
I think the average weight of a Weible defensive line would eclipse the current lineup pretty squarely.

Sounds like some things never change:hide:

tony
09-29-2010, 12:48 AM
What have we proven?

Testify!!!

Tatanka
09-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Seriously, I think Weible could have put a defensive line together that would have been good enough to stuff our run game.

So THAT's what the kids are calling it these days...

CAS4127
09-29-2010, 05:46 PM
What have we proven?

Everyone keeps bringing up the UNI loss where we were embarrassed 16-9 on the road. Sure, we were outplayed, it could have been worse and probably should have been worse. Well, Yeah, but you don't get points for almost scoring. People forget to mention that we did have a wide receiver standing in the end zone with the football who did push off the defender. But, I've seen worse infractions let go. We actually had a chance to tie this game and it was on the road against a good team and we were not playing well. One could say that we took the week off after the Kansas win.

Some say that this UNI loss is proof that we don't know what we have...Yeah, but why didn't this attitude apply to a certain team that went 8-3 with players like Steve Walker, Kyle Steffes, Kole Heckendorf, Justin Frick, Joe Mays, and Craig Dahl when they went down to Cal Poly and amassed a whopping 68 yards of offense in the first half? I do believe that NDSU was down 30-0 before we scored. We eventually lost that game 37-6. Let me repeat 37-6. Well, I guess that was just one game and if you don't come to play against the top teams in the FCS you are going to get pumped. This truth is still applies today. The difference is that the 2010 team who got so dominated still was in position to tie the game in the fourth. They didn't lie down and mail the game in. They were playing like shit, they knew it, and yet refused to let things get out of hand.

Some say that we can only play one half of football. Yeah, but.. USD didn't stop the Bison in the first half. It was dropped passes and a QB who air-mailed the ball over the heads of wide open receivers that stopped NDSU in the first half. NDSU made some position changes for the Morgan State game on the line. It took about a half before they got in gear. With the QB change things have been clicking for the Bison ever since. This was never more evident than in the third quarter against USD. DJ had a nice run for a first down..PENALTY...back it up. Then, nice run number 2 for a first down...PENALTY...back it up. Then, nice pass play for a first down (no penalty). NDSU basically drove over 110 yards to get that TD. USD was totally dominated on this drive and in the second half.

Some say that W Illinois has impressive stats and played Purdue tough. Yeah, but The Purdue game was over in the fourth quarter before two late TD's made this a respectable game. W Illinois made it respectable at the start but, after the first quarter, did not seriously challenge this below average Purdue football team. Purdue held this explosive leatherneck offense to 11 yards in the third quarter and 186 of W Ill total 406 came at the end of the game when Purdue was playing rather soft defense. W Illinois has impressive stats Yeah...but, They have played Valparaiso and Indiana St. You would be hard pressed to find two teams worse than that in the FCS.

Some reporters say Yeah...But, you can say all you want about being 3-1, you are 0-1 in the conference. Yeah...But, at least that loss is against a top 25 FCS school. It is all uphill for W Illinois from here on out. There aren't any Valpo or Indiana St teams left on the schedule pad the stat sheet. NDSU has played decidedly better teams than W Illinois are allowing fewer points and they still haven't given up more than 16 in a contest. There isn't one person on this planet that can honestly say that after playing Kansas, UNI, Morgan St and USD that we would be allowing just 11 PPG.

Some say that this offense is still unproven. Yeah but, we knew that it was going to take two or three weeks for this offense to gel. You can't put a true freshman in on the OL without expecting some growing pains for a game or two. The coaches pretty much implied as much. What we didn't expect was the tenacity of this Bison Defense and the stellar play of the freshmen on defense. They have given the offense time to get on their feet. With Brock Jensen at the helm, they appear to be playing much better. W Illinois actually has to prepare for the long ball against the Bison. This is something that UNI didn't have to do. If W Illinois sells out against the run we have seen that Brock can make them pay. It's a refreshing thought that we now have a QB who can stretch the Field.

Some say, Yeah but I not happy unless I have something to worry about all week. to this I say. What the hell are you waiting for? It's game five and we are right in the thick of things. NDSU is getting respect in the polls, we have beaten some pretty good teams, IT'S HOMECOMING WEEK and we are bringing another good team to play. Sounds like a great time to be a Bison fan. Get on the Bison band wagon, it doesn't really cost anything. Some say that they can't because they are realists and not kool aid drinkers. To this I say Yeah, but I may drink a little kool aid but at least I don't jump on the wagon when the outcome is a forgone conclusion on the off chance that things go south. (so you can say I told you so) I pick this game 34-17 and I stand by that prediction. I may be completely wrong but at least I'm not wishy washy about it and support my reasoning. It may be Koolaid influenced reasoning but it's not outrageously Koolaid influenced.

Yeah...but, as Yoteforever would say..."You are a jerk. Period." (I'll always love that one.)

Yeah, so I am only reservedly optomistic, BUT from what I have seen so far, I will nonetheless pick NDSU to win the National Championship this year--so I can say I told you so!:D

bisonfan11
09-29-2010, 11:07 PM
I do believe that our defense is legit. South Dakota and UNI have scored the most points against us with 16 points. We are a good pass defense team and have yet to allow a 200 yard passer against us (the highest passing total is 172 I believe, and that was UNI). We have been a little rough against the run at times, but then again Kansas was supposed to run over us and they barely had over 100 yards rushing as a team.

Our offense is now looking like it is getting better week by week. I do attribute some of that to starting Brock Jensen as he has been able to make the opposing defenses honor the pass which in turn is allowing D.J. McNorton some room to run. D.J. is also running harder now than he did in the first 3 games. And it seems that the O-Line is starting to gel as well. The weak point right now is that of some play calling issues (like not using McNorton's receiving skills more and more in the passing game, and not even using Ryan Smith in some "special" plays), and not having a reliable go-to receiver (Holloway could be, but he still drops too many passes) that can catch almost every pass thrown his way.

Over all the coaching staff has done well in leading this "young but talented" team to it's 3-1 start. The true test at how well the coaching staff is doing is if the Bison continue to do well against all MVFC teams they face. A 4-4 or 5-3 record and playing each team tough and not acting scared or intimidated will show how well our coaching staff is doing in leading this Bison team.