PDA

View Full Version : Sellout?

Gully
09-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Anyone think the Western Illinois game will sellout? I would think it would at least be pretty close but I haven't taken the time to look at the ticket ordering site.

I think they should lower the student allotment to 3,000. Then when they can't get tickets, they'll suddenly want to go and it'll be a bigger deal to them. Funny how that works, isn't it?

HandoEX
09-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Homecoming has to be a sellout.

Move your feet closer everyone, the bandwagon is filling up fast!

HerdBot
09-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Anyone think the Western Illinois game will sellout? I would think it would at least be pretty close but I haven't taken the time to look at the ticket ordering site.

I think they should lower the student allotment to 3,000. Then when they can't get tickets, they'll suddenly want to go and it'll be a bigger deal to them. Funny how that works, isn't it?

It will be a sellout or close to it. The students create the atmosphere. They need more tickets if they want to show up. Give them an extra section of GA or unlimited standing room only seats. The paying fans and season ticket holders are important but 25% of the teammakers seats are empty because they don't show up. But they are paid for.

56BISON73
09-28-2010, 02:46 PM
It will be a sellout or close to it. The students create the atmosphere. They need more tickets if they want to show up. Give them an extra section of GA or unlimited standing room only seats. The paying fans and season ticket holders are important but 25% of the teammakers seats are empty because they don't show up. But they are paid for.

And how many student seats were empty this past weekend?????
25%???? Where did that figure come from. A reputable source I presume. LOL

stevdock
09-28-2010, 02:51 PM

I don't necessarily agree with the students create the atmosphere. Are they an important part?? Yes absolutely. But the atmosphere is created by the product on the field. Last year the students could have sold out every game and been very vocal and it wouldn't have changed the atmosphere much.

Why was Saturday a much better atmosphere?? Because we played what we hope is a good team (honestly we'll have to wait and see though) and for a majority of the game, the game was still in doubt.

As far as extra tickets, they've got to use them all and stay for longer than halftime before they start getting extra tickets and better tickets in my opinion.

CAS4127
09-28-2010, 02:54 PM
It will be a sellout or close to a sellout--their will many FB alumni there with the 1970 team going into Hall of Fame, along with a couple former players whose families, friends and former teamates were and are huge Bison fans. That will help fill a thousand or so seats, as will others returning for homecoming activities.

rutlandbison
09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Bohl wants noise, students are the noise. Old people sit every play besides the big thrid downs. If we can't fill up the student section then we shouldn't need another section. But if there is a demand for student tickets and there are GA left I say give them to the students. When I was a freshman we didnt need tickets but the line would have rap all the way around the the west doors. The beginning of sophmore year, the first year they used tickets, the demand was high. You had to get to the office on monday to get one. If we can return to that, why not give the students more tickets. The louder the better!

HerdBot
09-28-2010, 06:24 PM

If you eyeball the team makers section its about 75% full but those seats are apparently sold out. That means they are donating, which is huge, but not going to the game. Most of the people around me just bought single game seats.

I think it's better to show up for half the game than not at all.

DjKyRo
09-28-2010, 06:36 PM
From the Bison FB feed:

Great student turnout so far this week! There are about 1300 student tickets remaining for Saturday's Homecoming football game vs. the 3-1 Leathernecks of Western Illinois. BSA ticket office is open 8am-5pm.

That's more like it. :nod:

56BISON73
09-28-2010, 07:40 PM
If you eyeball the team makers section its about 75% full but those seats are apparently sold out. That means they are donating, which is huge, but not going to the game. Most of the people around me just bought single game seats.

I think it's better to show up for half the game than not at all.

You do realise that there are TMs on the west side of the stadium?

NorthernBison
09-28-2010, 07:46 PM
You can go out to the concourse at almost any time of any game and there are lots of people going back and forth to the bathrooms and concessions. Every one of those people represents an empty seat that you see. About the ONLY time that most everybody is in their seat is right before the opening kickoff.

Bottom line is that there will always be plenty of blue seats visible. ALWAYS.

Twentysix
09-28-2010, 10:01 PM

I honestly dont think you can do this. All 14,100~ students paid for those tickets. To not even have 1/4 of the students be "able" to attend would be ridiculous.

I think they should only give season tickets to 85% of the teammakers that purchase them.....What do you think about that?

You can pay your due and buy the season tickets, then we will give you a raffle ticket, if your number is called you get your order, If it isnt then you are without your money and your ticket. Cause the season ticket holders arent showing up either.

bisonhusker
09-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I honestly dont think you can do this. All 14,100~ students paid for those tickets. To not even have 1/4 of the students be "able" to attend would be ridiculous.

I think they should only give season tickets to 85% of the teammakers that purchase them.....What do you think about that?

You can pay your due and buy the season tickets, then we will give you a raffle ticket, if your number is called you get your order, If it isnt then you are without your money and your ticket.

If they don't sell out, they will start to sell them as General Admission tickets, which is actually a win/win for the budget. Now we are making money on seats that were GIVEN to the students who won't take them. I think the students will show up and take all 4K of them. I hope they do, and I hope they are really wild. Please tailgate first.

Twentysix
09-28-2010, 10:06 PM
You can go out to the concourse at almost any time of any game and there are lots of people going back and forth to the bathrooms and concessions. Every one of those people represents an empty seat that you see. About the ONLY time that most everybody is in their seat is right before the opening kickoff.

Bottom line is that there will always be plenty of blue seats visible. ALWAYS.

The first game did not have 17,000 in attendance. There is no way 4000 people were pissing at the same time constantly throughout the entire game. Ill give you 500 at a time and thats probably pushing it.

The second game Did not have 18,200, because there were over 1000 student tickets not picked up and plenty of blue seats to boot, (albeit attendance was MUCH better by non students week1 v week2). About 1/2 of the section 10 was filled with people that had single game tickets (parents etc) that is a decent amount scattered blue throughout the rest of the stadium.

Twentysix
09-28-2010, 10:08 PM
If they don't sell out, they will start to sell them as General Admission tickets, which is actually a win/win for the budget. Now we are making money on seats that were GIVEN to the students who won't take them. I think the students will show up and take all 4K of them. I hope they do, and I hope they are really wild. Please tailgate first.

I agree, they should be being sold by Thursday. If a student that wants to go to the game hasnt picked up tickets by thursday they dont deserve them. Those GA tickets should be able to be claimed through kickoff by a student for free, but they should also be being sold.

You dont even have to be there to pickup the tickets, they will hold them for you, or you can send somene else with your ID. I work every weekday from 7 or 8 till 5, but my Girlfriend picks them up for me.

ndsubison1
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM

If the students want a ticket then they should get them the first day they're out. That being said the student tickets are nearly gone, less than 1000 left. Much better than last week

ndsubison1
09-28-2010, 10:31 PM

You can pay your due and buy the season tickets, then we will give you a raffle ticket, if your number is called you get your order, If it isnt then you are without your money and your ticket. Cause the season ticket holders arent showing up either.

Students dont fill up the section anyways so what difference does it make. If they only stay til half and dont use 1000 of the tix then they dont deserve them. 3000 would be plenty. It would create a demand and make students have to get to the ticket office on Mon or Tues to get a ticket if they wanted to get into the game. If it's homecoming or a big game then yes, give 4000 to students, otherwise nope

DjKyRo
09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
348 student tickets remain!

tony
09-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Chances of a sellout on Saturday are approximately the same as the chances of...

THUNDER!

We would also have accepted "chances of a guy getting mocked if they fall down in the tailgating lot."

Gully
09-29-2010, 12:16 AM

But by that logic why not raise it to 5,000 tickets? Or 14,000 tickets because "all students paid for those tickets".

What do I think about that? I think it's funny.

Gully
09-29-2010, 12:17 AM
BTW, I should add that I would love nothing more than for all 4,000 student tickets to be used at each game.

tjbison
09-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Lower EndZone Reserved- SOLD OUT

Premium Sideline - SINGLES ONLY

Sideline - can get 2 in rows JJ and up

Upper EndZone GA - Can still get at least 31 in one order rows BB and Up

Visitor - OPEN

they did add the Standing room only section must be anticipating a mid to end of the week ticket push.

Bottom line LOTS of tickets left:banghead:

roper1313
09-29-2010, 12:42 AM
According to ndsu's facebook posting there are only 348 student tickets left!! Great job students!!

EndZoneQB
09-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Lower EndZone Reserved- SOLD OUT

Premium Sideline - SINGLES ONLY

Sideline - can get 2 in rows JJ and up

Upper EndZone GA - Can still get at least 31 in one order rows BB and Up

Visitor - OPEN

they did add the Standing room only section must be anticipating a mid to end of the week ticket push.

Bottom line LOTS of tickets left:banghead:

Doesn't it only go to KK?

tjbison
09-29-2010, 12:53 AM
Doesn't it only go to KK?

Yep, but the Sidelines are empty above the Reserved, granted this is according to the online tickets and it has been known to be wrong.

EndZoneQB
09-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Yep, but the Sidelines are empty above the Reserved, granted this is according to the online tickets and it has been known to be wrong.

You said it's available in pairs JJ and above...KK is the next, right? That doesn't seem very empty to me lol

tjbison
09-29-2010, 01:11 AM
You said it's available in pairs JJ and above...KK is the next, right? That doesn't seem very empty to me lol

Sorry meant Endzones, Sidelines are close except the Visitor section

Twentysix
09-29-2010, 01:34 AM
But by that logic why not raise it to 5,000 tickets? Or 14,000 tickets because "all students paid for those tickets".

What do I think about that? I think it's funny.

5000 Would be fine, aslong as they impliment them as GA as of wednesday or thursday as said before by me.

As soon as you force students to pay for single game tickets (unless said tickets were very cheap) aswell as student athletic fees people will be mad, just as they were when this happened 2 or 3 years ago. Just because bisonville thinks something would work doesnt mean the other 14000 people on campus will agree :S.

Ultimately the University made it right and paid the students back.

CHADSTAUS
09-29-2010, 01:39 AM
This game will sell out, and by the way, WE WILL BE THERE!!!!! Bacon or sausage for breakfast? Cant decide.:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Twentysix
09-29-2010, 01:39 AM
This game will sell out, and by the way, WE WILL BE THERE!!!!! Bacon or sausage for breakfast? Cant decide.:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Taco johns 99c bacon or sausage tacos?

Im in.

gotts
09-29-2010, 01:52 AM

Why choose when you can have both?1?!1?!

X-Factor
09-29-2010, 02:42 AM

I talked to the ticket office on MONDAY and they only had half of the student tickets left.

Tatanka
09-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Once the student tickets are gone the gen adm tickets will soon follow. This one will sell out. Period.

Twentysix
09-29-2010, 02:49 AM
I talked to the ticket office on MONDAY and they only had half of the student tickets left.

There are 348 tickets left for 8am tomorrow [Student]

TheBisonator
09-29-2010, 02:52 AM
Student tix will be gone by tomorrow.

Question will be how many more GA tix can we sell??

X-Factor
09-29-2010, 02:54 AM
Random thought:

How about lets start selling out all of our GA and reserved tickets before we start worrying about kyping student tickets. This topic comes up every fall and it is getting old. We have yet to even consistently sell out the dome. :hide:

stevdock
09-29-2010, 03:17 AM
Just a note, every ticket in the dome is a reserved ticket this weekend, except for the students. While the normal GA still sells that way, you have a reserved seat. Same thing happens for the SDSU game.

EndZoneQB
09-29-2010, 05:52 AM
Random thought:

How about lets start selling out all of our GA and reserved tickets before we start worrying about kyping student tickets. This topic comes up every fall and it is getting old. We have yet to even consistently sell out the dome. :hide:

6-5 into 3-8 will do that to you. Go back to the 10-1 years...

BisoninNWMN
09-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Someone mentioned earlier that there are 25% of TM seats are empty at one time. I think that # is way too high. The east side looks like is has a few blue seats here and there but the west side looks pretty full when the FFD staarts to fill up.

25%......every 4th seat is empty......No way.

NorthernBison
09-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Someone mentioned earlier that there are 25% of TM seats are empty at one time. I think that # is way too high. The east side looks like is has a few blue seats here and there but the west side looks pretty full when the FFD staarts to fill up.

25%......every 4th seat is empty......No way.

I agree. I made a comment earlier about the people out in the concourses at all times during the game. It got a response that I didn't feel like arguing with because everybody has their opinion.

Remember that people are coming and going from their seats all the time. During the game, whenever you look across the dome you will see empty seats. Are the same seats empty the entire game? How many specific seats can you keep track of?

Quite honestly, the part of the dome that has the most blue seats is the student section. It tends to be pretty full at the start of most games. After halftime, the top half is deserted. Even if the game is close. On Saturday, only the bottom rows below the concourse remained even close to full. The rest was almost all blue.

Bison55
09-29-2010, 01:11 PM
I also noticed a lot of students leaving at halftime against USD. Kind of hard to lobby for more or better student tickets when a lot of them leave at halftime.

I always wonder where they have to be that's so important? :confused:

THEsocalledfan
09-29-2010, 01:55 PM
I also noticed a lot of students leaving at halftime against USD. Kind of hard to lobby for more or better student tickets when a lot of them leave at halftime.

I always wonder where they have to be that's so important? :confused:

The library. Where else?

Tatanka
09-29-2010, 01:58 PM
The library. Where else?

But Section 21 is still part of the dome... Try again.

THEsocalledfan
09-29-2010, 02:02 PM

Don't they know the libarary is closed?

TransAmBison
09-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Actually, Section 20 is the library...but since you sit so far away (and with your aged eyesight) I will not fault you for mistaking it for Section 21.

tjbison
09-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Actually, Section 20 is the library...but since you sit so far away (and with your aged eyesight) I will not fault you for mistaking it for Section 21.

Section 23 looked pretty bad last week after half;)

gotts
09-29-2010, 06:04 PM

You mean the lower 3/4 of section 20.

DjKyRo
09-29-2010, 07:51 PM
All student tickets are gone! :)

roadwarrior
09-29-2010, 07:54 PM
All student tickets are gone! :)

Maybe they should create a special "2nd half only" ticket, and when the first group leaves at halftime, the second group can come enjoy the Bison victory!

tjbison
09-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Maybe they should create a special "2nd half only" ticket, and when the first group leaves at halftime, the second group can come enjoy the Bison victory!

This goes for more than just students:smh:

Kermit
09-29-2010, 08:01 PM

That is brilliant!

Tatanka
09-29-2010, 08:24 PM

Maybe TeamMakers should sponsor a full scholly to be given away to students who show up to the games and stay until the end. scan cards on teh inbound and on the outbound when the clock reads 0:00. One entry per game. Big drawing in the spring for the money.

MN_BISON
09-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Take a percentage from the Team Maker's raffle and give it out each game to one student with the winner being named after the game. The lucky student must be there to win or it goes into next weeks drawing.

DjKyRo
09-29-2010, 08:36 PM
They should physically lock the doors in and out of the building halfway through the first quarter.

WarBison
09-29-2010, 08:41 PM
They should physically lock the doors in and out of the building halfway through the first quarter.

Haha....i like the idea but the fire marshal may have something to say about that.

stevdock
09-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Haha....i like the idea but the fire marshal may have something to say about that.

We'll if he/she will help cheer on the Bison, we'll let that person in too :p

VanClubPres
09-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Per Facebook,

All student tickets have been distributed!!

Well done students!!!

SDbison
09-29-2010, 09:30 PM
For all those student here that defend the students leavingat halftime, even if it is a close game.......why is it when I watch the college games on TV I don't see half of Penn State's or other teams student section depleted after halftime. Do the kids at NDSU just not have any pride?

gotts
09-29-2010, 09:35 PM
For all those student here that defend the students leavingat halftime, even if it is a close game.......why is it when I watch the college games on TV I don't see half of Penn State's or other teams student section depleted after halftime. Do the kids at NDSU just not have any pride?

I'm not one to leave at halftime, but if I had to guess, I'd say that the students at Penn State have to pay out of pocket for the tickets.

Students have no financial obligation to stay at Bison games, granted if they paid they wouldn't either, but still...

I hope that the NDSU program progresses enough that it gets to the point where students have to buy tickets!

Elite
09-29-2010, 09:40 PM

Probably because they actually have to purchase their football tickets ($218 a season), and the demand for tickets is high enough that not every student who wants to purchase them is able to. Essentially, the tickets there have value to the students, not just something that has the perception of being free.

DjKyRo
09-29-2010, 09:42 PM
I'd love for there to be enough school spirit that people WANT to stay to the end just to bask in a win.

westnodak93bison
09-29-2010, 09:57 PM
No kidding. I do not see the point in leaving early. Show max support if you are going to attend the game.

Bison bison
09-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Who the f#ck is Max?

Twentysix
09-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Per Facebook,

All student tickets have been distributed!!

Well done students!!!

Every student who picked up a ticket has been entered into a drawing for Uproar tickets.

stevdock
09-30-2010, 05:48 AM
End zones are completely sold out except for single tickets. Sideline tickets are mostly sold out as of now except for what looks like the top few rows. Wonder how many tickets are left for the game??

HerdBot
09-30-2010, 11:48 AM
End zones are completely sold out except for single tickets. Sideline tickets are mostly sold out as of now except for what looks like the top few rows. Wonder how many tickets are left for the game??

There are plenty of tickets left online including premium sideline. I can buy sideline seats on the 40 yard line

stevdock
09-30-2010, 12:16 PM
There are plenty of tickets left online including premium sideline. I can buy sideline seats on the 40 yard line

And they are in the top few rows, like what I said.

HerdBot
09-30-2010, 01:47 PM
And they are in the top few rows, like what I said.

The online system is strange because on Tuesday it said "single seats only" for sideline. Now you can get great pairs. Not sure if some extra ones were released or what the deal is. Either way it's going to be close to a sell out or sold out.

The best bet is in the visitor section #23. Western Illinois doesn't bring many fans so the top half can be full of Bison fans.

Should be a great tailgating weekend... Accuweather says forcast is for 60 and "a full day of sunshine!"

HandoEX
09-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Every student who picked up a ticket has been entered into a drawing for Uproar tickets.

So does that mean there are students that picked up fb tickets with ulterier motives?

Wally
09-30-2010, 01:51 PM
The online system is strange because on Tuesday it said "single seats only" for sideline. Now you can get great pairs. Not sure if some extra ones were released or what the deal is. Either way it's going to be close to a sell out or sold out.

The best bet is in the visitor section #23. Western Illinois doesn't bring many fans so the top half can be full of Bison fans.

Should be a great tailgating weekend... Accuweather says forcast is for 60 and "a full day of sunshine!"

James: What an absolutely beautiful day. Warm Sun, beautiful women...
Carl: And the air... is just right... for drinking. :D :D

From the very underrated movie, Men at Work

bisonmike2
09-30-2010, 02:54 PM
James: What an absolutely beautiful day. Warm Sun, beautiful women...
Carl: And the air... is just right... for drinking. :D :D

From the very underrated movie, Men at Work

http://steadfastfinances.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/golf-clap-charlie-sheen-emilio-estevez-in-men-at-work-300x214.jpg

cbline
09-30-2010, 04:24 PM
As of 11:20 on Thursday, the best non-premium reserved seat is way up in row KK of Section 30, high in the northeast corner. Woo Hoo!!!!

80ALUM
09-30-2010, 05:27 PM

Again with the dissing of Section 20!:mad: I know you kid because you care.

CAS4127
09-30-2010, 06:51 PM
No kidding. I do not see the point in leaving early. Show max support if you are going to attend the game.

I could not agree with you more on this West. The wife wanted to leave early last Saturday, and I told her, "no, not after that kind of performance. The team deserves applause all the way to the locker room!!

Bison"FANatic"
09-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Again with the dissing of Section 20!:mad: I know you kid because you care.

envy pure envy thats what TAB has;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D

HerdBot
09-30-2010, 07:03 PM
They should print more standing room tickets and give them to students. At half time they can move on up to the empty seats.

TransAmBison
09-30-2010, 07:09 PM
envy pure envy thats what TAB has;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D
No, I have an Expedition (Actually my wife has it), but I can see how you might think it was an Envoy. I might actually enter it in that January race between the rice burners, muscle cars, Durango, etc...

Hammersmith
09-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Getting very close to a sellout. All premium sidelines are gone, corner sidelines are into the top three rows, all the endzones are gone, and the visitor section is down to the top seven rows.

Twentysix
10-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Getting very close to a sellout. All premium sidelines are gone, corner sidelines are into the top three rows, all the endzones are gone, and the visitor section is down to the top seven rows.

WIU travels? or we are selling them to our fans?

Bisonguy
10-01-2010, 02:22 AM
WIU travels? or we are selling them to our fans?

This late they'd be going to Bison fans.

Ferd
10-01-2010, 03:02 AM
Josh told me he had only 300+ tickets available at 11:30 this morning. :nod:

BisoninNWMN
10-01-2010, 11:15 AM
This is awesome....probable sell-out!!!!!

Make it loud and miserable for the 'necks!!!

GO BISON

Tatanka
10-01-2010, 01:11 PM
It will be a sellout. Mark it down.

Walk-up sales are generally very strong for homecoming. Look for the signs on the doors to the dome saying SOLD OUT by noon.

TransAmBison
10-01-2010, 01:24 PM
It will be a sellout. Mark it down.

Walk-up sales are generally very strong for homecoming. Look for the signs on the doors to the dome saying SOLD OUT by noon.
Wow...really going on on a limb here. You sure you want to make such a risky bet? :D

344Johnson
10-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Wait, so are there any General Admission tickets left?

Civil06
10-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Wait, so are there any General Admission tickets left?

There is no general admission section to this game. All tickets were reserved. The only game left with a GA section is Indiana State. The SIU and SDSU game are also reserved only.

344Johnson
10-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Dang, had some friends from the school up north that said they didn't think an NDSU game was any better than a siouxage game.

Bison bison
10-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Dang, had some friends from the school up north that said they didn't think an NDSU game was any better than a siouxage game.

Your friends are morons

Tatanka
10-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow...really going on on a limb here. You sure you want to make such a risky bet? :D

Dude. Just wanted to /thread.

TransAmBison
10-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Dude. Just wanted to /thread.
I say it will have the sign by 11 am. Take that to the bank. ;)

MNLonghorn10
10-01-2010, 02:10 PM

in terms of...?

product on the field? ndsu

attendance? ndsu

tailgating? ndsu

facility? ndsu

city? ndsu

TransAmBison
10-01-2010, 02:11 PM
in terms of...?

attendance? ndsu

tailgating? ndsu

facility: ndsu
HOCKEY.....

344Johnson
10-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Well as we all know UND seems to think that they are a big deal in everything. And when they don't show it on the field (football, basketball, pretty well every sport) they point to hockey. I usually just point out the fact they lost to Yale on national tv.

They also seem to think the dome can't have nearly the atmosphere of the REA. usually i just point out that the REA holds something around 11 to 12 thousand. And that even when we suck we put 15 to 16 thousand people in the dome.

Finally after years of this discussion, i made a compromise. They come to an NDSU football game with the dome rockin, and i will go to a lazy indian hockey game. Little do they know im pullin out an old sioux suck shirt from the 80's for that game. ;)

I suppose they will have to wait, I don't mind I guess, they'll just come to a herd game when we are ranked even higher than now. Following the game, I will expect them to inform UND they will be transferring to a school that doesn't think hockey is relevant.

Civil06
10-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I suppose they will have to wait, I don't mind I guess, they'll just come to a herd game when we are ranked even higher than now. Following the game, I will expect them to inform UND they will be transferring to a school that doesn't think hockey is relevant.

Bring 'em to the SDSU game, it doesn't matter where we're ranked. After 3 straight losses to them, the dome will be rockin'. But buy your tickets now.

344Johnson
10-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Great idea, SDSU it is!

Gully
10-01-2010, 03:45 PM
I was at the BSA at 8:30 or so, the student tickets were gone, and they said there were 50 to 75 tickets left so I would imagine it's a sellout by now.

Snake
10-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey does anybody know if BWW will be showing the live feed for the Western game?!?!?!

Bisonguy
10-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Still tickets left in row KK of the visitor's section on gobison.com

ndsubison1
10-01-2010, 08:10 PM
in terms of...?

attendance? ndsu

tailgating? ndsu

facility? ndsu

city? ndsu

mnlonghorn 1 344johnson's 'friends' 0

99Bison
10-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Hey does anybody know if BWW will be showing the live feed for the Western game?!?!?!

If you ask they probably will... and probably will anyway.

Gully
10-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Thread drift anyone?

So is the game sold out yet?

NDSUstudent
10-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Thread drift anyone?

So is the game sold out yet?

Just some standing room left that will go on sale at 8 AM tomorrow.

ndsubison1
10-01-2010, 08:49 PM
students are starting to complain again. somebody made a facebook group complaining that every student is entitled to a ticket at the football games. i have no sympathy for somebody who misses out on a student ticket since there is plenty of opportunities to get one and until they stay longer than halftime

Snake
10-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Anybody know where for SURE where the game will be shown? BWW?

tony
10-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm moving the "chant" talk to another thread.

HerdBot
10-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Game is sold out. If you call there are a few obstructed view seats and standing room. Check craigslist the forum or the bisonville ticket exchange.

Twentysix
10-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Game is sold out. If you call there are a few obstructed view seats and standing room. Check craigslist the forum or the bisonville ticket exchange.

Woo? So how many sold tickets is that? 19,500? Remeber there are 4200 student tickets, aswell as whatever SRO was released for the general public.

Twentysix
10-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Woo? So how many sold tickets is that? 19,500? Remeber there are 4200 student tickets, aswell as whatever SRO was released for the general public.

This is the most Student tickets ever released isnt it?

MNLonghorn10
10-01-2010, 10:10 PM
students are starting to complain again. somebody made a facebook group complaining that every student is entitled to a ticket at the football games. i have no sympathy for somebody who misses out on a student ticket since there is plenty of opportunities to get one and until they stay longer than halftime

hahaha. they can have my ticket for $100

Twentysix
10-01-2010, 10:13 PM
hahaha. they can have my ticket for $100

Sold. Do you accept travelers cheques? I an a frech cenadin travleng frum kubek. If taveler cheque no work, i also has bidPay.

Bisonguy
10-01-2010, 10:17 PM

May God have mercy on their souls when they have a three year old that wants a whatever-the-heck-gotta-have-it-toy for Christmas and they wait until Christmas Eve to go get it. They're adults in college, and they just learned a valuable life lesson.

MNLonghorn10
10-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Sold. Do you accept travelers cheques? I an a frech cenadin travleng frum kubek. If taveler cheque no work, i also has bidPay.

cash only. and that youre canadian, its $250

aces1180
10-02-2010, 01:36 AM

Way to let them have it, Ming...What a bunch of whinny bitches. I remember when we had to get our asses up to the Fargodome at 6 am the Saturday of the UND game and wait in line just to get a seat. Some were turned away, but they knew the risks of not getting there early enough. The same principal goes with this situation.

A lot of kids these days are full of entitlement.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106461222749969&v=wall&ref=search

Bisonguy
10-02-2010, 02:13 AM
Way to let them have it, Ming...What a bunch of whinny bitches. I remember when we had to get our asses up to the Fargodome at 6 am the Saturday of the UND game and wait in line just to get a seat. Some were turned away, but they knew the risks of not getting there early enough. The same principal goes with this situation.

A lot of kids these days are full of entitlement.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106461222749969&v=wall&ref=search

Wow, the logic there is mind boggling- "Homecoming is really important to a lot of students, and a lot more students go to Homecoming then other home games." Ummm... it's called HOMECOMING, that's the time when the university welcomes back alumni. I guess it makes more sense that alumni are turned away for the event dedicated to them than current students that won't show up to any other game??

EndZoneQB
10-02-2010, 03:00 AM
I added my .02 too.

roadwarrior
10-02-2010, 03:24 AM
Game is sold out. If you call there are a few obstructed view seats and standing room.

The only obstructed view seat I know of, is the one directly behind SDBison! :D

BigDeal
10-02-2010, 03:47 AM

Well said. And honestly, if you want a guaranteed spot at a game, join the damn marching band.

Edit: So I just checked out the group and its description. Based on this idiots logic, there should be 14,000 student tickets available for basketball games at the BSA, too. NDSU needs to revisit their admissions policy. This person never should have been admitted.

lakesbison
10-02-2010, 04:44 AM
is his name lakes?

MNLonghorn10
10-02-2010, 05:16 AM
ndsu students seem like they suck.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-02-2010, 05:22 AM
This is the most Student tickets ever released isnt it?

I don't think it is the most few years ago there were 500+ extra given to the students I believe could easily be wrong on that though.

Twentysix
10-02-2010, 05:35 AM
I don't think it is the most few years ago there were 500+ extra given to the students I believe could easily be wrong on that though.

Interesting, theyve only been doing the ticket thing since weve been 6-5. Maybe letting pass through the door i guess.

I remeber just showing my id in 07.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Interesting, theyve only been doing the ticket thing since weve been 6-5. Maybe letting pass through the door i guess.

I remeber just showing my id in 07.

I think it might of been the 07 yr then not positive. I thought they had released more tickets at some point.

tjbison
10-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Sellout LOL what joke more casual fans than Season ticket and Donor fans

EndZoneQB
10-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Sellout LOL what joke more casual fans than Season ticket and Donor fans

Refer to my posts, please.

Twentysix
10-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Refer to my posts, please.

This was the most butts in seats for the Bison side of the game. 2nd quarter 14 minutes left. It only got worse after this, and was even worse before this.

There are not THAT many people buying popcorn or taking a crap.

This is THE BEST it was the whole game. 18,700 my ass.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1118/14min2ndquarter.jpg

Twentysix
10-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Litterally 2 out of every 5 seats is empty, maybe 3 out of every five.

Thunder_Struck
10-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Does someone seriously have these seats and not go to the games? I've seen these open seats or something close to it all year. I don't remember it looking like that last year. It would be fun to sit in some of those seats one game if they could be purchased.

Twentysix
10-03-2010, 02:19 AM
Does someone seriously have these seats and not go to the games? I've seen these open seats or something close to it all year. I don't remember it looking like that last year. It would be fun to sit in some of those seats one game if they could be purchased.

Yes, listed attendance is student tickets+Season tickets+GA/Reserved sold.

And i got a hunch the people buying single game tickets are showing up.

Twentysix
10-03-2010, 02:21 AM
I am assuming some of the people arguing that the attendance is good sit on the bison side of the field and see the student section and the side that actually shows up.

I would also like to mention in the above shot there is 2 or 3 people on stairs, and 4 or 5 comeing in and out of the enterances to the seating. That does not explain the 5000 people are pooping theory. The ones in the doorway wearing solid yellow are event staff.

Tatanka
10-03-2010, 02:23 AM
I am assuming some of the people arguing that the attendance is good sit on the bison side of the field and see the student section and the side that actually shows up.

I would also like to mention in the above shot there is 2 or 3 people on stairs, and 4 or 5 comeing in and out of the enterances to the seating. That does not explain the 5000 people are pooping theory.

Between the 40s is pretty sparse on both sides of the field. SAD.

BraxtonT
10-03-2010, 03:12 PM
When it comes to basketball season tickets for the SHAC, I hope GT and company take this into consideration. Money from corporate sponsorship is great, but atmosphere gets compromised. Separate the corporate TeamMakers from the personal TeamMakers!!!!! Then when nobody is showing up in those seats (both FB and BB), it would be a bit easier to identify them and make a 'friendly' phone call reminder to offer those tickets to employees and/ or customers to help the atmosphere at the games. Too much work to contact them, though, so I'm sure that would never happen.

Oh, and when they build a BB place that only seats 5,700, it is really going to suck when big games come around and hundreds of people will be turned away while 500- 1000 seats remain unused.

This is the one part of the DI move that sucks. We've sold out for the almighty dollar.

Twentysix
10-03-2010, 04:20 PM
When it comes to basketball season tickets for the SHAC, I hope GT and company take this into consideration. Money from corporate sponsorship is great, but atmosphere gets compromised. Separate the corporate TeamMakers from the personal TeamMakers!!!!! Then when nobody is showing up in those seats (both FB and BB), it would be a bit easier to identify them and make a 'friendly' phone call reminder to offer those tickets to employees and/ or customers to help the atmosphere at the games. Too much work to contact them, though, so I'm sure that would never happen.

Oh, and when they build a BB place that only seats 5,700, it is really going to suck when big games come around and hundreds of people will be turned away while 500- 1000 seats remain unused.

This is the one part of the DI move that sucks. We've sold out for the almighty dollar.

Yeap. How about an automated machine that calls all season ticket holders 2 or 3 days before a game. Press 1 for using your tickets this game, press 2 if we can resell your tickets at a discounted rate to fill out the SHAC.

The Herd club thing has something like this and it worked well, I won a snowboard and 2 uproar tickets through it..

Or an NDSU ticket office phone number that is only for season ticket holders to call in and leave a voice mail stating there Season ticket holder Pin and that they will not be using such and such tickets so please redistribute them. (The best part, this number would work 24/7)

If there wasnt a pin maybe people would call in and screw with others tickets so it would have to involve some sort of secret question.

HerdBot
10-04-2010, 05:35 AM
Yeap. How about an automated machine that calls all season ticket holders 2 or 3 days before a game. Press 1 for using your tickets this game, press 2 if we can resell your tickets at a discounted rate to fill out the SHAC.

The Herd club thing has something like this and it worked well, I won a snowboard and 2 uproar tickets through it..

Or an NDSU ticket office phone number that is only for season ticket holders to call in and leave a voice mail stating there Season ticket holder Pin and that they will not be using such and such tickets so please redistribute them. (The best part, this number would work 24/7)

If there wasnt a pin maybe people would call in and screw with others tickets so it would have to involve some sort of secret question.

Ya know. That may be the smartest post i have ever read!!

CAS4127
10-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Sellout + empty seats + losses at home + lack of swagger from team + boring ass offense (play calling) = AD looking at coaching staff. Sellouts bring money in, but, eventually, the sellouts will end, as will the money.

SDbison
10-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Sellout + empty seats + losses at home + lack of swagger from team + boring ass offense (play calling) = AD looking at coaching staff. Sellouts bring money in, but, eventually, the sellouts will end, as will the money.
Too many losses to teams NDSU should be beating at home. Never used to be that way!

Kermit
10-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Western won because they are a veteran team with a veteran QB that played a solid road game with limited mistakes. The Bison have teased us with their talent and potential, but folks, this is a rebuilding year. Finally, many of us, including me, drastically underestimated the MVFC.

HerdBot
10-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Western won because they are a veteran team with a veteran QB that played a solid road game with limited mistakes. The Bison have teased us with their talent and potential, but folks, this is a rebuilding year. Finally, many of us, including me, drastically underestimated the MVFC.

We probably underestimated the league because we beat West Illinois and Indiana State on down years. Then we rolled Missouri State. Now those teams are good again and were like a mini Big Ten. I think our success in 06-07 as well as the emergence of SDSU made then work even harder. But we can still compete and make the playoffs. It all starts this week.

Bison bison
10-04-2010, 08:05 PM

If something this stupid were put into place I would call Gene Taylor at home at 9.30 at night every week until the practice stopped.

Twentysix
10-04-2010, 10:37 PM
If something this stupid were put into place I would call Gene Taylor at home at 9.30 at night every week until the practice stopped.

You and what army!

Grizzled
10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
We probably underestimated the league because we beat West Illinois and Indiana State on down years. Then we rolled Missouri State. Now those teams are good again and were like a mini Big Ten. I think our success in 06-07 as well as the emergence of SDSU made then work even harder. But we can still compete and make the playoffs. It all starts this week.

I don't think our conference is a mini Big Ten. No one else in our conference has done anything out of conference to prove its a tough conference that deserves a whole lot of respect around FCS. Maybe we can use that as motivation for the 1 playoff team we put in this year.

ndsubison1
10-05-2010, 12:43 AM

We've underestimated this league before :paperbag: We are getting better and I do see potential. Lets hope we can turn it around and get some much needed wins coming up.

Wally
10-05-2010, 10:57 PM
ST. PAUL, Minn. -- For the second-straight season, the showdown between St. Thomas and Saint John's needed overtime to decide a winner, but this time the fourth-ranked Tommies prevailed, scoring a 27-26 OT victory to remain undefeated and snap a 12-game slide against the 18th-ranked Johnnies. UST running back Ben Wartman scored a touchdown on the Tommies overtime posession, then after SJU QB Joe Boyle threw a fourth-down scoring pass to keep the Johnnies in the game, a missed extra point decided the outcome. A record crowd of 16,421 watched the epic showdown in Collegeville, Minn.

Maybe some people went to check out the the Tommies/Johnnies instead of NDSU/WIU:confused: :confused: