PDA

View Full Version : DJ McNorton's National Player of the Week Honors...

NDSUstudent
09-28-2010, 01:03 AM
The Sports Network/Fathead.com FCS National Offensive Player of the Week...

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4345052

CSN FCS All-Star....

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?248-FCS-National-All-Stars-9-27-2010

tjbison
09-28-2010, 01:04 AM
GO DJ, GO DJ!!!

Keep it up Offense

bisonfan11
09-28-2010, 01:17 AM
He sure proved me wrong. Congrats D.J.!!! I hope he continues to do well. He was hitting the holes hard last week. I for one am glad I was proven wrong. Like I have said before, if D.J. does well and deserves the starting spot then I am fine with that.

jarhead
09-28-2010, 01:24 AM
My son and I just kept, looking at each other-where the heck was this guy hiding. Hope it carries over to next week. two asides: Turing, got
the message, didn't know how to work a response so welcome aboard. I'm old and my computer skills suck. to any one who's interested, this
article was on the Player of the week website and I didn't want to start a new thread for it:

SIU safety McElroy to miss remainder of season
Carbondale, IL (Sports Network) - Southern Illinois senior safety Mike McElroy will miss the remainder of the season because of an ankle injury that was sustained in a loss at Illinois on Sept. 11.

The loss is a major blow for the Salukis (1-3, 0-1), who are off to a slow start as the defending champions in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. McElroy, who will undergo surgery on his ankle, entered the season as a candidate for the Buck Buchanan Award, which is sponsored by Fathead.com and presented to the most outstanding defensive player in the FCS.

Southern Illinois will apply for a medical redshirt season for McElroy, who has not taken a redshirt year.

McElroy is the third starter in SIU's defensive backfield who has been lost for the season with an injury. He joins free safety Rashad Graham and cornerback James McFadden, who both have knee injuries.

McElroy led the MVFC with seven interceptions in 2009. In less than two games this season, he had nine tackles and one interception.

09/27 12:24:10 ET

SDbison
09-28-2010, 01:38 AM
Well done DJ........you deserve it!

EndZoneQB
09-28-2010, 02:06 AM
Bohl commented that DJ has been working on his speed...he honestly looked more explosive than before. He's quick, but it seems like he's gained a step or two...he hit the open field and just toyed with them. I think if he gets to the 2nd level, he will be a home run threat the rest of the year.

DjKyRo
09-28-2010, 02:10 AM
I could get used to this. :nod:

Twentysix
09-28-2010, 04:53 AM
I could get used to this. :nod:

I hope we "get to" get used to this. No more wet noodle O-line.

WYOBISONMAN
09-28-2010, 04:57 AM
DJ is helping us get back on the national radar!

sambini
09-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Congrats+++++++++++++