PDA

View Full Version : PLAYOFFS???? oh yeah.

lakesbison
09-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Fresh off my 20+ coyote thread prediction, I bring you the playoffs, win the next 2 & we'te in!!! 5-1 is what's needed.

KU , UNI , SIU were only teams that back in august you said 3 losses, with an unexpected loss somewhere for 7-4, right??

1-1 so far. Siu is 1-3 & lennons recruits SUCK.

SDSU will be 0-4.

9-2 is there for the taking, 8-3 with a miss step. GET IT DONE!!!!!

DjKyRo
09-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Who's got the Jim Mora clip cued up? :D

Don't want to jinx it but I've got the kool-aid ready to go, Lakes.

BurroBlue
09-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Who's got the Jim Mora clip cued up? :D

Don't want to jinx it but I've got the kool-aid ready to go, Lakes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

Love it!

WYOBISONMAN
09-27-2010, 09:17 PM
It is very much in the cards.........

NorthernBison
09-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Talk about getting the cart before the horse.

I'll play along. 7-4 gives us almost zero chance. That would mean a 4-4 conference record and I doubt if playing .500 football in the MVFC is good enough. Our conference has very few good OOC wins that I can think of.

8-3 should be good enough.

As fans, it is our right to talk about this stuff even if it is way too early. Carry on.

mebisonII
09-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Gotta keep winning....its time for the playoffs to come to their new home. :nod:

lakesbison
09-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Seriously, I can make a case for not losing another game.

WIU - havent played anyone
YSU - beat butler and central conn (sigh), caught SIU offguard
ILL ST- gave up 54 points to a D2 team
SIU - 1-3 and ol brawny boy's recruits are horrible and its at home
SDSU- 0-4 after UNI pounds them this week and its at home
IND ST - zzzzz
@ Miss st - prove it.

DjKyRo
09-27-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm with you 100% Lakes. This is going to sound like a kool-aid OD but there is no reason NDSU can't beat everyone on the schedule. We have two slip-up games but if the game-to-game improvement of the offense continues and the defense continues their high level of play we could be very comfy in a few weeks. I agree - if we bat WIU and go 2-0 on the folloing road trip it's playoffs or bust. We'll see a different Fargodome next month.

tjbison
09-27-2010, 10:28 PM
I agree we could get in this year, but I am taking it one game at a time, SIU, SDSU, YSU, ISU-R are all good teams that have just stumbled. Remember the last time we went to Youngstown???:hide:

GO BISON

And Lakes come on put out your point prediction for WIU already;)

90BISON
09-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I agree we could get in this year, but I am taking it one game at a time, SIU, SDSU, YSU, ISU-R are all good teams that have just stumbled. Remember the last time we went to Youngstown???:hide:

GO BISON

And Lakes come on put out your point prediction for WIU already;)

Youngstown is a PAYBACK game! Mark it down! We owe them an ass kicking! It would only be right..... :D

Herd
09-27-2010, 10:39 PM
4-2 or 3-3 is within our grasp too if he don't play em one at a time. I seem to remember a befuddled bison team playing in a thick fog the last time out in Youngstown. And it was a clear day.

That game in Ohio might be as tough as any. If we make it to 5-1, get your popcorn ready.

EndZoneQB
09-27-2010, 11:25 PM
As good as Jensen has looked, remember he hasn't played on the road yet. It's a little different outside of the living room like atmosphere in the Dome. I think he can get it done, but it's a different ballgame...

OldBison
09-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Fresh off my 20+ coyote thread prediction, I bring you the playoffs, win the next 2 & we'te in!!!

Four games in with only WIU to worry about and you deliver the kiss of death. Nice.:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Sometimes it would be good if you just shut your pie hole. :nod: :nod:

OldBison
09-28-2010, 12:14 AM
I'll play along. 7-4 gives us almost zero chance. That would mean a 4-4 conference record and I doubt if playing .500 football in the MVFC is good enough.

This may be a stretch guess but I'm thinking you weren't a math major right? Probably never did math long hand, only used a calculator?

Current record: 3-1
Your conference record: 4-4

Okay, let's add them up. On the right had side of the dash you have a 4 and a 1, that would be, come on, you can do it, 5! Atta boy...

On the left hand side of the dash you have a 3 and a 4, and that would add up to, yes, you had it right, a 7!!

Problem is, 7 & 5 adds up to what? 12, right? Maybe get that calculator out to check the math, but the Bison only play 11 games. :bow:

DjKyRo
09-28-2010, 12:28 AM
This may be a stretch guess but I'm thinking you weren't a math major right? Probably never did math long hand, only used a calculator?

Okay, let's add them up. On the right had side of the dash you have a 4 and a 1, that would be, come on, you can do it, 5! Atta boy...

On the left hand side of the dash you have a 3 and a 4, and that would add up to, yes, you had it right, a 7!!

Problem is, 7 & 5 adds up to what? 12, right? Maybe get that calculator out to check the math, but the Bison only play 11 games. :bow:

Where did you get the idea he's saying we've got eight games left? Going 6-1 in the next seven games would still put us at 6-2 in conference play (as we've already played one conference game). Comprehension might be an OK substitute for condescension here. ;)

heckler
09-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Four games in with only WIU to worry about and you deliver the kiss of death. Nice.:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Sometimes it would be good if you just shut your pie hole. :nod: :nod:

Because Lakes has so much bearing on how our season turns out :rolleyes:

ndsubison1
09-28-2010, 12:54 AM
Seriously, I can make a case for not losing another game.

WIU - havent played anyone
YSU - beat butler and central conn (sigh), caught SIU offguard
ILL ST- gave up 54 points to a D2 team
SIU - 1-3 and ol brawny boy's recruits are horrible and its at home
SDSU- 0-4 after UNI pounds them this week and its at home
IND ST - zzzzz
@ Miss st - prove it.

YSU is a much different team at home. They will be playing with confidence vs. us. Illinois St.'s game vs. the D2 is a fluke. They still have arguably the best QB in the conference. SIU will be tough at home no matter what. They were up in 2 of those games they lost 14-0 but let the other team come back. SDSU is a rivalry game and they have our number the past 3 seasons. Throw the records out for that one. And @ Mizz St. will be no walk in the park. They seem to be improved and it's still a road game. A lot of season left.

ndsubison1
09-28-2010, 12:56 AM

We've already lost to UNI so Northern is correct. It appears you're the one that needs to do the math

bisonfan11
09-28-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm not sure that we'll be in the play-offs yet. I am still predicting a 7-4 season. If 7-4 is good enough for the play-offs great. We could be 8-3 if we beat one of the following: Southern Illinois, Youngstown State, and Illinois State.

Mr. Burgundy
09-28-2010, 01:27 AM
if this team gets to 8 wins with all of these kids playing, we have an unreal future.

roadwarrior
09-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Every one of the remaining 7 games is going to be a tough game! We should have learned this the first two years in the MVFC.

Twentysix
09-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Every one of the remaining 7 games is going to be a tough game! We should have learned this the first two years in the MVFC.

You mean we dont get lollipops and rainbows? What about puppy dogs?

tjbison
09-28-2010, 01:44 AM
You mean we dont get lollipops and rainbows? What about puppy dogs?

No we have them skinned and hung on poles to be shown on the Video boards after putting up 21 unanswerd points!!!

EndZoneQB
09-28-2010, 02:18 AM
You mean we dont get Northwestern State and SW Okahoma State? What about USF?

Yeah, good point.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-28-2010, 02:21 AM
Fresh off my 20+ coyote thread prediction, I bring you the playoffs, win the next 2 & we'te in!!! 5-1 is what's needed.

KU , UNI , SIU were only teams that back in august you said 3 losses, with an unexpected loss somewhere for 7-4, right??

1-1 so far. Siu is 1-3 & lennons recruits SUCK.

SDSU will be 0-4.

9-2 is there for the taking, 8-3 with a miss step. GET IT DONE!!!!!

Its a little early for this. You sound like a typical Vikings fan. Win a few and we're world champs.

Although it looks like we have improved dramatically the last two games, we really haven't beaten anyone yet.

Every conference game will be a meat grinder. I can't see any guaranteed victories for the remainder of the schedule.

We could win out, but more likely we will lose a few down the road. I have a feeling it will be a roller coaster of a season. But, things are indeed looking up. Hopefully the offense has "found its way" and will continue the same type of play it exhibited in the second half of Saturday's game. I'm excited for the rest of the season.

Lets Go Bison!!!!!!

bisoneer
09-28-2010, 04:02 AM
Dont count your chickens before they are hatched son... its a long time before the "committee" screws over a dozen teams or more on any at large playoff bids ( I know if we win the conference its likely automatic but, one game at a time - cliche').

ndsubison1
09-28-2010, 04:09 AM
Dont count your chickens before they are hatched son... its a long time before the "committee" screws over a dozen teams or more on any at large playoff bids ( I know if we win the conference its likely automatic but, one game at a time - cliche').

if we win the conference it is not "likely" that we will get in the playoffs. it is guranteed

Kermit
09-28-2010, 04:33 AM

This^^^^^^

NorthernBison
09-28-2010, 04:36 AM
if we win the conference it is not "likely" that we will get in the playoffs. it is guranteed

Depends on how you define "win". It is entirely possible that three teams could tie for the conference crown. One of those teams would get the autobid based on whatever tiebreakers the conference uses. One of the teams would certainly get invited to the post-season. The third team COULD get left out.

There is a lot of football left. This should be fun to watch if we keep playing well.

ndsubison1
09-28-2010, 04:42 AM
well yeah... outright

westnodak93bison
09-28-2010, 01:00 PM
One game at a time folks. One game at a time.

HandoEX
09-28-2010, 02:43 PM

Wow, you went through all this to put someone down, and couldn't even get it right yourself.:rofl:

Indiana State is the only remaining game that I feel really good about winning. The rest are big time tests and each could go either way.

X-Factor
09-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Wow, you went through all this to put someone down, and couldn't even get it right yourself.:rofl:

Indiana State is the only remaining game that I feel really good about winning. The rest are big time tests and each could go either way.

So your saying we are likely to at least meet Jeff Kolpacks expectation of 4 wins this season?

HandoEX
09-28-2010, 02:50 PM
So your saying we are likely to at least meet Jeff Kolpacks expectation of 4 wins this season?

Can't say I blame Kolpack for his prediction. There were so many uncertanties going into the season and after last year's debacle, 4 wins could have been a justifiable prediction.

Glad I went with 7-8:D

lakesbison
09-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Kolpack said 4-7? wow.

Bison"FANatic"
09-28-2010, 03:11 PM
It sure is great just to be able to ponder the playoffs. Last year was very tough and very trying but it sure in fun to watch "BISON" football. It sucked watching teams march up and down the field on us last year and expect them to score. Now they move it some but you expect the D to get some good holds.

OldBison
09-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Where did you get the idea he's saying we've got eight games left? Going 6-1 in the next seven games would still put us at 6-2 in conference play (as we've already played one conference game). Comprehension might be an OK substitute for condescension here. ;)

I got it from him. He said 7-4 going 4-4 in the conference. I was only using his fuzzy math and numbers.:D

tony
09-28-2010, 07:49 PM
I got it from him. He said 7-4 going 4-4 in the conference. I was only using his fuzzy math and numbers.:D

His numbers were right, your analysis was wrong.

Write out the four teams NDSU could lose to - pick any ones you want (of course, we already know one of them.) Now go through the list and every time you see a member of the MVFC, scratch down a little tick mark. When you get done, add up your tick marks. Spooky! :)

Way too early to talk about playoffs, imo, but a guy can dream, can't he?

NorthernBison
09-28-2010, 07:57 PM

Yeah, if we finish with a 7-4 overall record, the conference record will be 4-4. We are 3-0 non-conference right now and 0-1 in the conference. I think my math is 100% correct.

My original point stands. Some people point to 7-4 as being playoff worthy because of the 7 wins. I don't see it that way because it also means 4-4 in the conference and that's not likely to impress the committee.

8-3 overall should be the target at a minimum.

CAS4127
09-28-2010, 08:00 PM
"8-3"--that was the record a very-high-up ranking NDSU Athletic Department figure told me they were possibly hoping to get to. But, seriously, should we really be talkin about playoffs at this stage in the season?!

NorthernBison
09-28-2010, 08:05 PM
"8-3"--that was the record a very-high-up ranking NDSU Athletic Department figure told me they were possibly hoping to get to. But, seriously, should we really be talkin about playoffs at this stage in the season?!

Why not? We're fans. That's our job.

DjKyRo
09-28-2010, 08:17 PM
It doesn't matter if we look ahead - we're not the ones on the field.

I just don't understand all the Debbie Downerism and haterade going around right now - our team is good. Why are some people so unwilling to believe/buy into that? I just don't see the fun in not taking part when the team is succeeding, where some people would rather play sour grapes and be reserved. To steal a line from Lakes, PUMP IT UP!

CAS4127
09-28-2010, 09:05 PM
As the saying goes, we, as Bison fans, can agree to disagree, and go on as friends from there. No need to get emotionally worked up at each other. At the team? Yes, aa it shows passion and intensity. Or, how about this to placate some, I am pessimistically and reservedly optomistic. Oxymoron?--Probably. Redundancy? Perhaps! The way I feel? Absolutely!

Cheers!!!!

DjKyRo
09-28-2010, 09:06 PM
The team deserves better than to be constantly doubted by our own fanbase. All I'll say on that.

BisonNeil
09-28-2010, 10:07 PM
8-3 overall should be the target at a minimum.

Which was my preseason prediction. I'm feeling pretty good about that right now!

So, if the Bison do as I predicted, that is go 8-3 this year, they will reverse last years record (3-8). Obviously this is not an opposite number in a mathematical sense (3-8 to 8-3), but close. Anybody know the term that describes this?

Twentysix
09-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Which was my preseason prediction. I'm feeling pretty good about that right now!

So, if the Bison do as I predicted, that is go 8-3 this year, they will reverse last years record (3-8). Obviously this is not an opposite number in a mathematical sense (3-8 to 8-3), but close. Anybody know the term that describes this?

If i had to guess 8-3 is impossible. Sorry bud (I think i picked that aswell) 8-3 would basicly be a sure bet into the playoffs making the worst possible derivation of 8-3, 8-4. Just think how awsome 9-4 would be. Or, 10-4 or 10-5. I can deal with 10-5(7-4 regular season).

ndsubison1
09-28-2010, 10:40 PM

yes, were fans. we do what we want

tony
09-28-2010, 10:45 PM
yes, were fans. we do what we want

Tell that to Steve Bartman. :)

Tatanka
09-29-2010, 01:21 AM

Yeah, but he is a Cubs fan. He sealed his own fate by putting on the logo of the small bears.

ndsubison1
09-29-2010, 01:28 AM

if a foul ball was coming at me i would try to catch it too :)

CHADSTAUS
09-29-2010, 01:42 AM
Gotta go 9-2. 8-3 and we are home for the holidays. I like Texas in January.;)

Twentysix
09-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Gotta go 9-2. 8-3 and we are home for the holidays. I like Texas in January.;)

Doubt it. How often is an 8-3 team from the upper half of the FCS conferences left out? Especially when the OOC games were all D1 scholarship teams, one ranked, and one of the wins was over a BCS program, even if they suck.

letsgoguins
09-29-2010, 02:28 AM
YSU is a much different team at home. They will be playing with confidence vs. us. Illinois St.'s game vs. the D2 is a fluke. They still have arguably the best QB in the conference. SIU will be tough at home no matter what. They were up in 2 of those games they lost 14-0 but let the other team come back. SDSU is a rivalry game and they have our number the past 3 seasons. Throw the records out for that one. And @ Mizz St. will be no walk in the park. They seem to be improved and it's still a road game. A lot of season left.
That is right, we are a different team at home, and if we win on Saturday, we will have another large, raucous crowd at the Ice Castle a week this Saturday, although I confess I am not looking ahead! You can watch some of it here: http://www.myvalleysports.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=16392@wytv.web.entriq.net&navCatId=149

The crowd against SIU was really into it. The staff demands noise on 3rd down and the 17,600+ fans responded.

Twentysix
09-29-2010, 02:30 AM
That is right, we are a different team at home, and if we win on Saturday, we will have another large, raucous crowd at the Ice Castle a week this Saturday, although I confess I am not looking ahead! You can watch some of it here: http://www.myvalleysports.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=16392@wytv.web.entriq.net&navCatId=149

The crowd against SIU was really into it. The staff demands noise on 3rd down and the 17,600+ fans responded.

Sold, or in seats?

Kermit
09-29-2010, 02:59 PM

Progress? :D

Our young team could still have ups and downs. Optomism is great--except when it turns into vitriol when unrealistic expectations are not met. I am going to try to enjoy the rest of the season while continuing to cheer hard. So far, I am very pleased with the improvements I'm seeing in all phases of the game.

Go Bison!!

lakesbison
11-06-2010, 11:00 PM
I called it in Sept!!!! Let's do it

NDSUFan_Sav
11-07-2010, 04:51 AM
I called it in Sept!!!! Let's do it

PUMP IT UP!!!!!

TheBisonator
11-07-2010, 04:56 AM
PUMP IT UP!!!!!

That's our official motto for the 2010 Playoff Push. PUMP IT UP!!!!!!

bisonmike2
11-07-2010, 06:40 AM
2 more to go but yeah we may have to pump it up!
http://hypebeast.com/image/2008/02/reebok-pump-omni-light-1.jpg

westnodak93bison
11-07-2010, 04:29 PM
That's our official motto for the 2010 Playoff Push. PUMP IT UP!!!!!!

How about "Secure The Damn Ball"

lakesbison
11-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Someone post the PUMP UP THE TURKEY PICTURE!

HerdBot
11-09-2010, 02:46 PM

I watched the penguins video and I've got to admit I love your TV production. It is big time. The announcer is great. The sound is great. Graphics are great.
We have more games on TV than 90% of the FCS but our production isn't nearly as good.

duluthbison
11-09-2010, 02:52 PM
This is the first thing I though of when I saw this thread...

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/original/koolaid.jpg

HerdBot
11-09-2010, 02:56 PM
This is the first thing I though of when I saw this thread...

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/original/koolaid.jpg

Except the kool aid man needs to be green! Strange charachter though... how many mascots enourage kids to rip through walls

lakesbison
11-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Ohh Yeah!!! Pauly D. Pump The Fist>.. Oh Yea!!

coldspot
11-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Ohh Yeah!!! Pauly D. Pump The Fist>.. Oh Yea!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Gpt12psAA

lakesbison
11-09-2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRUH3HN53KY&feature=related

I hope BILLY TURNER does the DUMP TRUCK on the bunnies!!!

JustinTyem
11-09-2010, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRUH3HN53KY&feature=related

I hope BILLY TURNER does the DUMP TRUCK on the bunnies!!!

my oh my,if my wife saw me watchin this,she would kick my ass.

lakesbison
11-22-2010, 02:26 PM
I STARTED IT 9 / 27 !!!!

for all of you talking smack about me starting this thread on 9/27./

S U C K I T !!!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-30-2010, 05:55 AM
2nd round vs MSU in Bozeman

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!

ndsubison1
11-30-2010, 06:16 AM
we gottttttttta goooooooooooo

lakesbison
11-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Best Thread In Bisonville History!!