PDA

View Full Version : Halftime Adjustments

DjKyRo
09-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Looking over the team stats and after the USD game, check out the points-per-quarter differential each half for NDSU and all opponents thus far:

Score by quarters .......1st... 2nd... 3rd... 4th.... Total
North Dakota State..... 17 .....10 ....24... .37.... 88
Opponents................. 16..... 18 .....7 .....3.... 44

Wowzers.

BisoninNWMN
09-27-2010, 11:07 AM
I we could have 1st halves like our 2nd halves.....LOOK OUT!!!

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

roadwarrior
09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Does conditioning play a factor in the 4th quarter? Our guys work very hard all year long!

stevdock
09-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Definitely conditioning plays a factor but I'm guessing those quarter spread are pretty close to what has happened every year under Bohl. How many times under Walker were we losing at halftime and won big or losing by alot and came back to win?? Man if we could just make those adjustments either alot quicker.

HandoEX
09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
We have been a second half team since Bohl took over. How many times have we come back in the second half and looked like a completely different team in big games alone?

Montana '03
Davis '06
SDSU '06
Poly '07
Southern Illinois '08
Morgan State and USD this year

Why can we never put up big first quarters against good competition? We always seem to do better as the game goes on. Conditioning has to be a part of it.

THEsocalledfan
09-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Definitely conditioning plays a factor but I'm guessing those quarter spread are pretty close to what has happened every year under Bohl. How many times under Walker were we losing at halftime and won big or losing by alot and came back to win?? Man if we could just make those adjustments either alot quicker.

Agreed, but I'll take winning in the second half, too. A W is a W.

westnodak93bison
09-27-2010, 03:33 PM
yeah, why do adjustments have to wait until halftime?

56BISON73
09-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Looking over the team stats and after the USD game, check out the points-per-quarter differential each half for NDSU and all opponents thus far:

Score by quarters .......1st... 2nd... 3rd... 4th.... Total
North Dakota State..... 17 .....10 ....24... .37.... 88
Opponents................. 16..... 18 .....7 .....3.... 44

Wowzers.

DJ
Very interesting stats. I think you can attribute that to second half adjustments and conditioning.

Well done by the way.

BisonNeil
09-27-2010, 06:34 PM
A friend of mine thinks the team just comes out flat after Bohl's scintilating pre-game speech. He thinks to counteract it the Bison should get a hypnotist to give the team the mindset that the first half is the second half. Gotta admit, it's creative!

ndbj52
09-27-2010, 06:42 PM
yeah, why do adjustments have to wait until halftime?

Adjustments can be made on the sideline during the game but its easier at half to make adjustments. All the coaches are there instead of some on the field and some in the box. If there is a major problem that needs to be fixed right away they do it on the sideline.

Notorious
09-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Adjustments can be made on the sideline during the game but its easier at half to make adjustments. All the coaches are there instead of some on the field and some in the box. If there is a major problem that needs to be fixed right away they do it on the sideline.

Adjustments are continually made...that's why each unit is over on the bench listening to coaches when not on the field. More well thought-out, significant adjustments a generally made at halftime, when there is more game "history", time to formulate a plan, and to communicate it effectively to the team.

THEsocalledfan
09-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Adjustments are continually made...that's why each unit is over on the bench listening to coaches when not on the field. More well thought-out, significant adjustments a generally made at halftime, when there is more game "history", time to formulate a plan, and to communicate it effectively to the team.

Not to mention that during the game, coaches also have to worry about making play calls and personell issues. Big changes in strategy are often made at halftime due to these reasons. That is pretty much true at every level of football.

ndsubison1
09-27-2010, 08:27 PM
adjustments are being made all the time during the game... the major ones come at half though

ndsubison1
09-27-2010, 08:27 PM

you beat me to the punch :hide:

bisoningrandforks
09-27-2010, 11:32 PM
I would settle for 3 quarters out of 4 for now....