PDA

View Full Version : USD game rebroadcast

met1990
09-26-2010, 05:03 PM
I haven't seen this elsewhere. In case you have missed the commercials, the USD game will be rebroadcast on This TV (11.2) on Wednesday at 7 p.m. I'm interested in seeing how the crowd sounds during the third quarter. I wasn't aware the majority of people in section 32 are capable of standing up...

roadwarrior
09-26-2010, 05:55 PM
I will be watching the rebroadcast also!

tjbison
09-26-2010, 06:27 PM
I am currently watching right now, 1st QTR we did not look good:hide:

now that I can see a few other things on camera

THEsocalledfan
09-26-2010, 08:41 PM
I haven't seen this elsewhere. In case you have missed the commercials, the USD game will be rebroadcast on This TV (11.2) on Wednesday at 7 p.m. I'm interested in seeing how the crowd sounds during the third quarter. I wasn't aware the majority of people in section 32 are capable of standing up...

What is "This TV" and can I watch this in Sioux Falls? I was out of town, so had to watch on-line.

met1990
09-26-2010, 08:49 PM
What is "This TV" and can I watch this in Sioux Falls? I was out of town, so had to watch on-line.

I should have mentioned this was KVLY's "other" channel due to the switch to digital. I'm guessing it's only available in the KVLY viewing area (eastern ND/NW MN).

yellowstreak
09-27-2010, 01:47 AM
I should have mentioned this was KVLY's "other" channel due to the switch to digital. I'm guessing it's only available in the KVLY viewing area (eastern ND/NW MN).

are you talking about "this". it's channel 12 in Jamestown and Valley City. They were showing an old Bison game last week. I turned on the TV and there was Walker making a pass to Rohl.

Twentysix
09-27-2010, 05:05 AM
Most important part, try and find me. I appear several times. Im wearing a MWill jersey and a green hat in a sea of yellow.

Bisonguy
09-29-2010, 11:43 PM
http://fotofon.cathexes.net/archives/bump02.jpg

Cableone says it's Man of the West at 7 PM, followed by Apache at 9 PM. Hope the rebroadcast is still on.

HerdBot
09-29-2010, 11:56 PM
It's a great game and I love the fact we're on TV. Peters, Feeney, and the other guy do a good job, especially having little or no resources.

BUT lets face it that was a really bad production. Fuzzy video and poor audio. You couldn't even tell when the dome was loud beause the audio stinks. It looks somewhat watchable on my old tube TV but on on my big screen it is a joke. Seriously we can't get a camera that's better than my camcorder? Can they rent one? This is a D2 production.

Bisonguy
09-30-2010, 12:03 AM
It's a great game and I love the fact we're on TV. Peters, Feeney, and the other guy do a good job, especially having little or no resources.

BUT lets face it that was a really bad production. Fuzzy video and poor audio. You couldn't even tell when the dome was loud beause the audio stinks. It looks somewhat watchable on my old tube TV but on on my big screen it is a joke. Seriously we can't get a camera that's better than my camcorder? Can they rent one? This is a D2 production.

LIGHTING!
LIGHTING!
LIGHTING!
LIGHTING!
LIGHTING!
LIGHTING!

Seriously. It would make a huge difference for video and photos. That's why you'll see outdoor stadiums with their lights on for noon games on a sunny day.

EndZoneQB
09-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Didn't WDAY have a vastly superior production?

Hammersmith
09-30-2010, 12:28 AM
Didn't WDAY have a vastly superior production?

I think it was about the same. In fact, I think some of the same equipment is used. Doesn't the FD own some cameras that the local channels sometimes use? The WDAY broadcasts always looked a little colorshifted as well due to some questionable equipment somewhere late in their production chain. Everything from WDAY looked a little fuzzy and red; sports, news broadcasts, even network programming. I never watch them anymore(does ABC produce anything worth watching?), so I don't know if the move to HD has fixed the problem.

EndZoneQB
09-30-2010, 12:31 AM
I think it was about the same. In fact, I think some of the same equipment is used. Doesn't the FD own some cameras that the local channels sometimes use? The WDAY broadcasts always looked a little colorshifted as well due to some questionable equipment somewhere late in their production chain. Everything from WDAY looked a little fuzzy and red; sports, news broadcasts, even network programming. I never watch them anymore(does ABC produce anything worth watching?), so I don't know if the move to HD has fixed the problem.

...no local channels use actual HD broadcasting. No one will do it until the other one does it. Great competition huh?

Bisonguy
09-30-2010, 12:36 AM
...no local channels use actual HD broadcasting. No one will do it until the other one does it. Great competition huh?

Doesn't the local PBS have local HD content?? :hide:

EndZoneQB
09-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Doesn't the local PBS have local HD content?? :hide:

Haha, touche. BUT, isn't that a national production? I don't think I've seen anything local on PBS HD. It's mostly on the 13.3/4 channel.

aces1180
09-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Haha, touche. BUT, isn't that a national production? I don't think I've seen anything local on PBS HD. It's mostly on the 13.3/4 channel.

Prairie Public produces local content in HD.

HerdBot
09-30-2010, 01:40 AM
LIGHTING!
LIGHTING!
LIGHTING!
LIGHTING!
LIGHTING!
LIGHTING!

Seriously. It would make a huge difference for video and photos. That's why you'll see outdoor stadiums with their lights on for noon games on a sunny day.

It would help a lot but if we want a good production we need an HD picture. Every new TV is HD and it is starting to become the norm. Watch a game in HD and flip over to our game. BIG DIFFERENCE! These are expensive cameras.

MNLonghorn10
09-30-2010, 01:45 AM
THIS tv is fail.

man of the west is on(1958) and apaches on after it (1954)

Bisonguy
09-30-2010, 01:47 AM
It would help a lot but if we want a good production we need an HD picture. Every new TV is HD and it is starting to become the norm. Watch a game in HD and flip over to our game. BIG DIFFERENCE! These are expensive cameras.

The lighting they use for those HD broadcasts is also much better than what's in the Fargodome. I saw an HD broadcast a while back in a crappily-lit arena a while back, and it looked like what KVLY is broadcasting only in widescreen.

I believe the Fargodome cameras are capable of HD (don't know about what KVLY is using), but they don't have the capability to do a HD remote broadcast.

Bisonguy
09-30-2010, 01:48 AM
THIS tv is fail.

man of the west is on(1958) and apaches on after it (1954)

This TV channel guide is fail. The game is on.

EndZoneQB
09-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Prairie Public produces local content in HD.

I stand corrected :D

I believe the Fargodome cameras are capable of HD (don't know about what KVLY is using), but they don't have the capability to do a HD remote broadcast.

While I can't say for sure that Dome uses HD cameras, I do know WDAY does and has for ~3-5 years. You just don't buy SD cameras anymore. The piece they are waiting for is something to do with converting the broadcast or something. Heard it's extremely expensive.

North Side
09-30-2010, 01:57 AM
I want HD bison football!..... hopefully i wont be saying that ten years from now :hide:

yellowstreak
09-30-2010, 02:32 AM
touchdown McNorton!

MNLonghorn10
09-30-2010, 02:43 AM
This TV channel guide is fail. The game is on.

oh haha. i missed it all i see. back to tosh.0

Kermit
09-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Just watched the second half of the rebroadcast. The Bison were every bit as physically dominant as the score and yardage totals suggested. Both lines had their way. Gratzek and Boyer were tremendous on defense. The entire o-line was great. I was especially impressed with Cornick and Turner on the right side. Anyone watching that tape who didn't know that Turner was a freshman couldn't possibly guess it.