PDA

View Full Version : So far...This conference has been turned on its freaking head

Twentysix
09-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Missouri Valley Conference Overall
Illinois State 2-0 3-1
Western Illinois 1-0 3-1
Youngstown State 1-0 3-1
Northern Iowa 1-0 1-2
North Dakota State 0-1 3-1
Missouri State 0-1 1-2
South Dakota State 0-1 0-3
Indiana State 0-1 1-2
Southern Illinois 0-1 1-3

Wow. Ill st Western YSU NDSU in the overall category Your either 3-1 or you only beat a D2/Naia school. UNI could shape up, but the rest are almost out. 3 losses. for real? SDSU and SIU hardly have a chance anymore.

EndZoneQB
09-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Illinois State 2-0 3-1
Western Illinois 1-0 3-1
Youngstown State 1-0 3-1
Northern Iowa 1-0 1-2
Missouri State 0-1 1-2
Indiana State 0-1 1-2

Wow. Ill st Western YSU NDSU in the overall category Your either 3-1 or you only beat a D2/Naia school. UNI could shape up, but the rest are almost out. 3 losses. for real? SDSU and SIU hardly have a chance anymore.

Overall record doesn't matter in a conference with an autobid. If they end up with a good conference record they are in regardless of OOC record.

HerdBot
09-26-2010, 05:40 AM
Illinois State 2-0 3-1
Western Illinois 1-0 3-1
Youngstown State 1-0 3-1
Northern Iowa 1-0 1-2
Missouri State 0-1 1-2
Indiana State 0-1 1-2

Not really. We haven't accomplished anything yet except improve our chances of an at large bid. We're 0-1 in conference play. The same record as SDSU. The conference record is all that matters for the auto bid. SDSU, Southern Illinois can EASILY win the confernce. Getting an at large bid is a different story. Northern Iowa is in a great postition.

Twentysix
09-26-2010, 05:43 AM
I was talking about an atlarge bid, as most people expect 3 teams from the MVFC this year, obviously there is only 1 auto bid. If you had asked anyone in the preasons what 3 teams, UNI SDSU SIU would of been your response. Maybe some Ill st thrown in there.

Winning the conference would be great, but i just want playoffs, whether its an AQ or not.

SIU is 4 games in to an 11 game season and have ZERO qaulifying wins. If they dont win the conference its essentially(Almost) impossible for them to get an at large. SIU would have to win out to be 7-3. IF they lose one more game they are 6-4, which as far as i know makes them ineligible for an Atlarge.

HerdBot
09-26-2010, 05:49 AM
I was talking about an atlarge bid, as most people expect 3 teams from the MVFC this year, obviously there is only 1 auto bid. If you had asked anyone in the preasons what 3 teams, UNI SDSU SIU would of been your response. Maybe some Ill st thrown in there.

Winning the conference would be great, but i just want playoffs, whether its an AQ or not.

SIU is 4 games in to an 11 game season and have ZERO qaulifying wins. If they dont win the conference its essentially impossible for them to get an at large.

Very true but we know they are going to have a really good chance to win the confrence.

Twentysix
09-26-2010, 05:50 AM
SIU will probably lose alteast one against the home teams MSU/Ill st/NDSU. And has UNI still.

HerdBot
09-26-2010, 05:57 AM
SIU will probably lose alteast one against the home teams MSU/Ill st/NDSU. And has UNI still.

Pretty much every team has a conference loss except the teams we expected to finish in last place so even 1 more conference loss and they could pull it off. But as an at large bid== no chance!

stevdock
09-26-2010, 01:39 PM
The way our teams are playing against OOC teams, I might still be surprised if we get more than 2 teams into the playoffs. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only quality OOC wins so far in the conference are by us. At least I can't think of any other high profile wins in the conference. That will hurt the conference come playoff time in getting extra teams in. Unless there are 3 teams up at the top of the conference with 8-3 records I would be shocked if, right now, we get more than 2 teams in.

BisonNeil
09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
The way our teams are playing against OOC teams, I might still be surprised if we get more than 2 teams into the playoffs. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only quality OOC wins so far in the conference are by us. At least I can't think of any other high profile wins in the conference. That will hurt the conference come playoff time in getting extra teams in. Unless there are 3 teams up at the top of the conference with 8-3 records I would be shocked if, right now, we get more than 2 teams in.

Probably true, but don't forget there are 20 slots this year and a couple of extra at large bids available.