PDA

View Full Version : UNI Shutout

yellowstreak
09-26-2010, 04:44 AM
you think UNI getting shutout by Iowa St will hurt NDSU's ranking?

BisoninNWMN
09-26-2010, 04:46 AM
you think UNI getting shutout by Iowa St will hurt NDSU's ranking?

No...UNI losing is a good thing.

yellowstreak
09-26-2010, 04:52 AM
No...UNI losing is a good thing.

if you lose to a team that ends up not being that great, doesn't that make your ranking go down?

a UNI loss puts NDSU closer to a conference championship. that's a good thing.

BisoninNWMN
09-26-2010, 04:54 AM
if you lose to a team that ends up not being that great, doesn't that make your ranking go down?

a UNI lose puts NDSU closer to a conference championship. that's a good thing.

I think UNI plays the Coyotes in Vermillion later in the year. Hope the yotes win that one also.

NDSUstudent
09-26-2010, 04:54 AM
They lost to a FBS team, which almost every FCS team has done this year. Really an early season loss is not a big deal, most pollsters will just forget about it as long as the Bison keep up racking up Ws.

Twentysix
09-26-2010, 04:57 AM
UNI losing is good overall, I doubt the pollsters will actually look into our loss and who they lost to. FFS they voted for Jacksonville for first place.....they dont even know the difference, I would venture a guess some of the voters dont know the difference between UND and NDSU. I would guess we are ranked 10-15 next week in atleast one poll.

I also bet SIU is 22-25 or out.

DjKyRo
09-26-2010, 04:59 AM
Being two wins ahead of UNI is worth a hell of a lot more than a ranking.

Twentysix
09-26-2010, 05:01 AM
Being two wins ahead of UNI is worth a hell of a lot more than a ranking.

Rankings matter come playoff time bud. Dont discout them so much, if YSU or Ill st run away with the conference you will care about the rankings..Especially for a home bid.

DjKyRo
09-26-2010, 05:04 AM
Rankings matter come playoff time bud. Dont discout them so much, if YSU or Ill st run away with the conference you will care about the rankings..Especially for a home bid.

No doubt rankings might matter down the road - as is let's focus on our own team and its successes and their position of contention for the conference title (and autobid) before we worry too much about another team.

Twentysix
09-26-2010, 05:19 AM
For sure, I really dont think what uni does now or in the future will discount us at all. Either were gonna win games and be ranked in the top 25 or we wont have 7 wins. Its pretty simple. The higher were ranked at the end of the season better imo. I think rankings help get wishy washy fans to the games aswell.

Tatanka
09-26-2010, 06:04 PM
SIU should drop out of the top 25 this week. Only win against a piss poor DII Quincy? Pahleeze.

cyborgg
09-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Your welcome NDSU fans! ISU was more than happy to deliver a 27-0 beating on UNI as I predicted. CA Bison was wrong again, like usual.