PDA

View Full Version : the PA system is quiet again WTF?

HerdBot
09-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Crank it up dome people!!!

Kevin
09-25-2010, 11:25 PM
The lighting is horrible as everyone has said. It really looks like a basement.

johnson
09-26-2010, 02:49 AM
Crank it up dome people!!!
Me thinks it has something to do with the age of some of the bigger donors. :)

ISXBISON
09-26-2010, 02:49 AM
The volume was pathetic again tonight. WTF...how are you supposed to get jacked up if you can hardly hear the music:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Crank it up!!!!

Wally
09-26-2010, 02:55 AM
I will be at the game next week and haven't been to either of the last 2 games. Is it really that bad sound wise in the dome? Is it a lot different than last year? Not trying to be antagonistic at all with my questions, btw.

I say all fans let their complaints be heard to NDSU Athletic dept and the Fargodome people

ISXBISON
09-26-2010, 03:03 AM
I will be at the game next week and haven't been to either of the last 2 games. Is it really that bad sound wise in the dome? Is it a lot different than last year? Not trying to be antagonistic at all with my questions, btw.

I say all fans let their complaints be heard to NDSU Athletic dept and the Fargodome people

Tonight at times you had to strain to hear the music...and that's when the crowd was quiet

stevdock
09-26-2010, 03:36 AM
There was music tonight???

TbonZach
09-26-2010, 03:43 AM
There was music tonight???

Yes. Provided by your local Gold Star Marching Band. :D

56BISON73
09-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Why do you need music to get jacked up???? Wasnt the football game enough?

CaBisonFan
09-26-2010, 03:47 AM
More band & less piped music = better collegiate environment.

Ya have a decent band now. Let them have the sound stage.

Watch any big-time program on TV and the PA music rarely exists at any time.

North Side
09-26-2010, 03:49 AM
The lighting is horrible as everyone has said. It really looks like a basement.

yep it was.. and we won't have good quality TV picture until that get better its got to get fixed.. kinda wish the game was in HD but I know thats going to be a long ways away

ISXBISON
09-26-2010, 04:37 AM
Why do you need music to get jacked up???? Wasnt the football game enough?

ya, the game was great...but when Thunderstruck sounds muffled...I mean come on

BigBison
09-26-2010, 04:43 AM
Yeah its hard to hear Scott Peters give the game preview. And its hard to hear the music when the band is not playing. They do need to crank it up.

Twentysix
09-26-2010, 06:20 AM
yep it was.. and we won't have good quality TV picture until that get better its got to get fixed.. kinda wish the game was in HD but I know thats going to be a long ways away

I bet you see HD games in '13-14 I think thats around most cable companys phase out Analog signal timeline.

HerdBot
09-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Me thinks it has something to do with the age of some of the bigger donors. :)

Old people tend to have poor hearing. If i couldn't hear it...no chance they could hear it.

It doesn't need to be cranked just a little louder

Herd Mentality
09-26-2010, 07:30 AM
Old people tend to have poor hearing. If i couldn't hear it...no chance they could hear it.

It doesn't need to be cranked just a little louder

Us old folks couldn't here the 50/50 ticket announcement for the second weekend in a row... that is unacceptable.

Thunder_Struck
09-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Us old folks couldn't here the 50/50 ticket announcement for the second weekend in a row... that is unacceptable.

Would it be that hard to put the winning # on the 4 TV's?

Tatanka
09-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Would it be that hard to put the winning # on the 4 TV's?

Add this to the long and distinguished list of the things they could, should, but don't use the video boards for.

But at least I knew what the Cal-Poly score was (but not any of our conference games) :banghead:

Bison bison
09-26-2010, 03:38 PM
As far as the boards. all they need to do is find one student to do it. call it an internship/don't pay 'em - AND put valuable content on those suckers.

walknroehl
09-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Also I miss Pat Simmers with his Happy Gilmour check for the 50-50 winner.

MHDBisonfan
09-26-2010, 04:46 PM
More band & less piped music = better collegiate environment.

Ya have a decent band now. Let them have the sound stage.

Watch any big-time program on TV and the PA music rarely exists at any time.

Agreed. I'm probably in the minority, but I would like NO piped in music with the exception of Thunderstruck when we take the field out of the tunnel. Let the band play. Especially when the other team has the ball and are in the huddle.

Also, at the risk of again being the minority voice, I personally can't stand the "that's another Bison...first down" thing. I think it's totally small time.

aces1180
09-26-2010, 05:12 PM
I happen to sit next to the band and they play the same songs over and over again...It would be nice if they switched it up a bit. Also, why the hell did they do the exact same halftime show as last week? Totally lame...And I agree they need to pump up the music a bit over the PA, as I couldn't hear anything.

TbonZach
09-26-2010, 06:29 PM
I happen to sit next to the band and they play the same songs over and over again...It would be nice if they switched it up a bit.

^^This.^^ I get tired of the playing the same stuff over and over. I can only imagine what it's like for you guys. At least, unlike last week, we got through all the charts before repeating. Plus this year the higher-ups in the band don't want us to play section shorts anymore because they want to showcase the size of the band. Yeah, I can understand that sentiment, but section shorts also very the music. I just wish that the leadership would discuss things with non-leadership people before they make decisions on things. :ranting:

[/rant]

Also, why the hell did they do the exact same halftime show as last week? Totally lame.

I agree. For me the show was a very boring one over-all. That was the third time that we had performed it (including at UNI). For the most part, two should be the maximum amount of times that a show should be played. Thankfully we're doing a different one next week. Unfortunately it's starting off with some very uninspiring drill....

Hammersmith
09-26-2010, 06:40 PM
^^This.^^ I get tired of the playing the same stuff over and over. I can only imagine what it's like for you guys. At least, unlike last week, we got through all the charts before repeating. Plus this year the higher-ups in the band don't want us to play section shorts anymore because they want to showcase the size of the band. Yeah, I can understand that sentiment, but section shorts also very the music. I just wish that the leadership would discuss things with non-leadership people before they make decisions on things. :ranting:

[/rant]

I agree. For me the show was a very boring one over-all. That was the third time that we had performed it (including at UNI). For the most part, two should be the maximum amount of times that a show should be played. Thankfully we're doing a different one next week. Unfortunately it's starting off with some very uninspiring drill....

General DM rule: Don't play tunes after big plays by the opposing team. If you have to play something, use a drum cadence to fill the space. That was really bothering me throughout the game.

DjKyRo
09-26-2010, 06:56 PM
General DM rule: Don't play tunes after big plays by the opposing team. If you have to play something, use a drum cadence to fill the space. That was really bothering me throughout the game.

That and the band was playing and occasionally cheering while our team is on offense. Isn't the goal to have nothing to distract the team while we're on offense and to do as much as possible to distract the other team when they have the ball?

Twentysix
09-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Agreed. I'm probably in the minority, but I would like NO piped in music with the exception of Thunderstruck when we take the field out of the tunnel. Let the band play. Especially when the other team has the ball and are in the huddle.

Also, at the risk of again being the minority voice, I personally can't stand the "that's another Bison...first down" thing. I think it's totally small time.

??? that is the glue that holds the student sections cheering toghether. I appsolutely do not share your opinion on this.

Herd
09-26-2010, 10:09 PM
The Band was great . . . all around. Pre-game, halftime, in-game . . . great job!!! Love it!

No piped in music would be great, except for intro. I think a little PA announcer input into first downs and 3rd downs is good, and gets the crowd involved.

BisBison
09-26-2010, 11:53 PM
The Band was great . . . all around. Pre-game, halftime, in-game . . . great job!!! Love it!

No piped in music would be great, except for intro. I think a little PA announcer input into first downs and 3rd downs is good, and gets the crowd involved.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^ remember the band from 4 years ago?

HerdBot
09-27-2010, 12:45 AM

99% of all football teams in the nation play music. I think it would suck real bad with no piped in music. It would make the atmosphere worse. I think they need to get music that the crowd will participate with.

"That's another Bison 1st down" is a tradition.

Honestly its better now that they turned Michaela mic down but they need louder music. Take a cue from the Filings.

onbison09
09-27-2010, 12:54 AM

A lot of (not all) big time schools do that.

Twentysix
09-27-2010, 05:11 AM
A lot of (not all) big time schools do that.

A simple google search reveals he is correct.