PDA

View Full Version : Dan Barrerio talking Bison/Yotes on KFAN tune in now!

HerdBot
09-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Called it the "Battle Of The Breasted Beaters!" Dan picked Bison. Carl Gerbschmidt picked Bison. Doogie picked the Totes.

All said we would not cover oints.

Up next Bison vs Yotes fans featuring our own Fire Denny Guy!!

EndZoneQB
09-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Called it the "Battle Of The Breasted Beaters!" Dan picked Bison. Carl Gerbschmidt picked Bison. Doogie picked the Totes.

lmao have you seriously missed the other thread on this topic? They've done segments all week long on it. And wrong, JG said we would win and cover.

Tatanka
09-24-2010, 09:34 PM
GET 'EM LAKES!

Yote fan pussed out from Vermillion.

56BISON73
09-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Lakes said he Graduated from NDSU:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tatanka
09-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Lakes is doing just fine. Very good radio.

JustinTyem
09-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Lakes,this is some funny shit.

MNLonghorn10
09-24-2010, 09:43 PM
this is awesome

HerdBot
09-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Lakes... you should have said D2 wins don't count as wins! They are saying you narrowly lost. You are legendary Lakes!

THEsocalledfan
09-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Lakes... you should have said D2 wins don't count as wins! They are saying you narrowly lost. You are legendary Lakes!

No, notorious. The raining bitches thing was flat out dumb and made the bit end early. What the heck were you thinking?

MNLonghorn10
09-24-2010, 09:55 PM
No, notorious. The raining bitches thing was flat out dumb and made the bit end early. What the heck were you thinking?

the raining bitches part was awesome.

EndZoneQB
09-24-2010, 09:55 PM

No, it was fine. He knew he could say it, they just were being protective. They said the segment before that it was going to be a quick thing so it wasn't going to last long. Don't worry, we get the last laugh anyway.

bisonaudit
09-24-2010, 10:10 PM

I've been out of market and haven't heard Bumper-to-Bumper for like 7 years. It's good to know that the Gerbschmidt sthick still plays. I'm sure he picked the Bison on account of the colors.

lakesbison
09-24-2010, 10:37 PM
I knew it was over. They put music on my line...so I threw it out

HerdBot
09-24-2010, 10:59 PM

He should have said we have the top APR in the MVFC

OldBison
09-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Can someone post the Lakes segment like the 10 deal yesterday :hide:

Jay
09-24-2010, 11:57 PM
http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=KFAN_Barreiro.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KFAN-AM/Barreiro_9-24_HR2.mp3?CPROG=PCAST?CCOMRRMID&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=&NG_ID=&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=&SERVER_NAME=www.kfan.com&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&TRACK=

Answer Guy
09-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Lakes said he Graduated from NDSU:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Class of 2000

Are you implying that statement is untrue?

stevdock
09-25-2010, 03:41 PM

No it wasn't. You represent your university and the rest of us and using words like that is unacceptable. Last time I checked it was a slam fest against the University of South Dakota. Why the heck do you need to throw in derogatory terms like that in there or use them period?? I expect that out of teenagers only because many don't know any better but how about adults actually act like adults. If you don't like what I just said, maybe it hits too close to home and you need to think about it.

MNLonghorn10
09-25-2010, 03:42 PM
No it wasn't. You represent your university and the rest of us and using words like that is unacceptable. Last time I checked it was a slam fest against the University of South Dakota. Why the heck do you need to throw in derogatory terms like that in there or use them period?? I expect that out of teenagers but how about adults actually act like adults. If you don't like what I just said, maybe it hits too close to home and you need to think about it.

the rainin bitches part was awesome

02Bison
09-25-2010, 03:46 PM
the rainin bitches part was awesome

How old are you? Puberty would do some people here some good.

lakesbison
09-25-2010, 03:47 PM
It's called entertainment, a.schtick .

Oh, ps. The 20+ ndsu women with us last week would all agree with me
They got 500+ emails after the call about ndsu, where else you gonna get that much exposure.....not in the Fargo media

stevdock
09-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Yes because as you've stated so many times all you care about is exposure. I was on KFAN today, I was at this or doing that. That is not what NDSU football is about. Sure we'll punch the big boys in the mouth and take them out. But then we go out there and do it again the next week when we are playing a smaller school. You think those championship teams of the 90's (no wait it was mainly the 80's) cared whether 10 people were watching them or millions?? No they did it for themselves, teammates, coaches and for all of this area.

And if you graduated in 2000, like I did, that puts you in your mid-30's. How about you join the rest of us and act like it??

lakesbison
09-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Dude. No one cares what you say.

And ndsu better care about exposure, or we.are just gonna be.'1 of those Dakota schools'!

F that, NDSU needs to be above them.

56BISON73
09-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Dude. No one cares what you say.

And ndsu better care about exposure, or we.are just gonna be.'1 of those Dakota schools'!

F that, NDSU needs to be above them.

Lakes
If you care so much about NDSU as you claim why do you act like an ass clown and show NDSU in a very bad light. Bad publicity isnt what ANY university of team wants.
Your act is all about you and your desire for attention and nothing more. We all know it. At least you should be honest with yourself.

lakesbison
09-25-2010, 04:24 PM
NDSU needs exposure in the twin cities, period. We got it alllllll week...and after KU .AND during the big.dance.

Why don't you guys call in and do your own 'schtick'

Ndsu needs to get bigger, else we'll just be another small time college,

ISXBISON
09-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Lakes
If you care so much about NDSU as you claim why do you act like an ass clown and show NDSU in a very bad light. Bad publicity isnt what ANY university of team wants.
Your act is all about you and your desire for attention and nothing more. We all know it. At least you should be honest with yourself.

Well said 56BISON73++++++++++++

Jay
09-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Lakes, you did great. Don't let these guys bring you down. The segment Danny B did called for something like this. Awesome job.

THEsocalledfan
09-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Lakes, you did great. Don't let these guys bring you down. The segment Danny B did called for something like this. Awesome job.

Yep, all of it except when he was a moron.

lakesbison
09-26-2010, 02:35 AM
Haha. Who's laughing now. I'm right I always am!!!

ISXBISON
09-26-2010, 02:51 AM
Haha. Who's laughing now. I'm right I always am!!!

Ur still a jackass

tony
09-26-2010, 03:02 AM
Ur still a jackass

Hey now. I think Lakes is pretty good on radio in the past. I didn't listen to much of the kfan deal (tried to but couldn't understand half of what Lake's was saying so I gave up - what kind of cel phone was that so I can avoid it?

Anyway, put him on with Hammer at noon, I say :)

stevdock
09-26-2010, 03:41 AM
Hey now. I think Lakes is pretty good on radio in the past. I didn't listen to much of the kfan deal (tried to but couldn't understand half of what Lake's was saying so I gave up - what kind of cel phone was that so I can avoid it?

I honestly thought he was very good too until about the last five seconds when he started to act like a teenager again.

EndZoneQB
09-26-2010, 04:30 AM

Bingo, he was great, and I really didn't think it was inappropriate. He was legit, and was having a good time entertaining.

I honestly thought he was very good too until about the last five seconds when he started to act like a teenager again.

He didn't represent the university poorly-no matter how you look at it. If we want recruits in the cities, you can guarantee what he said about raining bitches will work better than him being completely PC and holding his tongue. He was passionate, and show our fans like to have a good time...you know the 16-17 year olds that might listen will LOVE his passion...and our fan base. Get over yourselves guys, have a little fun about it. The only reason they dropped him(like he said) was because it was almost over anyway and they just wanted to make sure he didnt keep going. He was GREAT on the radio, even left some smack on the "field". RECRUITS(which are really what matter) that heard it will LOVE it. TAKE THAT TO THE BANK...like it or NOT.

stevdock
09-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Bingo, he was great, and I really didn't think it was inappropriate. He was legit, and was having a good time entertaining.

He didn't represent the university poorly-no matter how you look at it. If we want recruits in the cities, you can guarantee what he said about raining bitches will work better than him being completely PC and holding his tongue. He was passionate, and show our fans like to have a good time...you know the 16-17 year olds that might listen will LOVE his passion...and our fan base. Get over yourselves guys, have a little fun about it. The only reason they dropped him(like he said) was because it was almost over anyway and they just wanted to make sure he didnt keep going. He was GREAT on the radio, even left some smack on the "field". RECRUITS(which are really what matter) that heard it will LOVE it. TAKE THAT TO THE BANK...like it or NOT.

Forgive me for being the father of two girls that could easily be called that someday. Not a word that should ever be used to describe someone.

EndZoneQB
09-26-2010, 04:41 AM
Forgive me for being the father of two girls that could easily be called that someday. Not a word that should ever be used to describe someone.

They use ass/bitch on the radio/tv. It's nothing new. It wasn't meant as a derogatory term, and we all know it. It's the lakes legacy, and it was good entertainment. And let's face it, you can't stop anyone from calling your girls that, so why lose sleep? You can just hope you did the right thing in raising them to avoid a bad situation. I know it's easy to be over protective as a parent, but if you really did your job, you have nothing to worry about. They'll figure life out.

North Side
09-26-2010, 04:52 AM
Did JG make it to the game??????

Wally
09-26-2010, 04:55 AM
Did JG make it to the game??????

He was on the tailgate show from the west lot and said he was going to be there.

Wally
09-26-2010, 05:06 AM
DWarren vs NDSU: 240 yards total O, 0 TD passes. Vs. Gophs: 433 yds, 3 TD passes. Spann vs Ill: 13 carries, 15 yds. Vs. Gophs: 14-223.
30 minutes ago

NDSU, fresh off walloping South Dakota, challenges Northern Illinois to Battle of the Brewster Beaters II.
46 minutes ago

From Barreiro's kfan page

http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_danbarreiro.html

ndsubison1
09-26-2010, 05:21 AM
lakes quit living in the past! :rofl: i like how the USD guy says that then goes on to brag how they beat UND who was #2 at the time in like 2002 hahaha

56BISON73
09-26-2010, 03:06 PM

Usually I agree with you. But this time you are out of your mind. If recruits come to NDSU because of hearing BS like that they need to find another place to go to school.

Generational disconnect?? May be. But the majority of people recognize idiocy when they see and hear it.

The fact is it was all about Lakes being Lakes. It did NOT show our fan base in a good light. Period.

The reason they have people like him on the air is because they are laughing AT him. Not with him.

lakesbison
09-26-2010, 03:12 PM
No were laughing at you

westnodak93bison
09-26-2010, 03:12 PM
[/B]

Usually I agree with you. But this time you are out of your mind. If recruits come to NDSU because of hearing BS like that they need to find another place to go to school.

Generational disconnect?? May be. But the majority of people recognize idiocy when they see and hear it.

The fact is it was all about Lakes being Lakes. It did NOT show our fan base in a good light. Period.

The reason they have people like him on the air is because they are laughing AT him. Not with him.

I agree. Lakes is borderline obnoxious most of the time but I think most fans realize he is just one guy. I wonder what the hell he does for a living when he can be here, there and every where all the while annoying the hell out of fans on a couple dozen fan web sites. Maybe he is a trust fund kid?

02Bison
09-26-2010, 03:13 PM
[/B]

What he said!

EndZoneQB
09-26-2010, 03:13 PM
[/B]

Had it been a station like WCCO, I think you'd be on to something, at least. I think the fact that is a male-dominated sports oriented audience, they can look past any real meaning in it...and understand it as tongue-in-cheek...especially since most fan listeners really know fire-denny-guy. Maybe I am wrong, but I think it is such a small thing, and sort of shows our passion, it won't hurt our imagine.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-26-2010, 04:23 PM

well when you hear your mom say SOB.....be sure to say to her, now think about what you just said :D

rutlandbison
09-26-2010, 04:27 PM
No were laughing at you
We're

10 char

56BISON73
09-27-2010, 02:26 AM
Had it been a station like WCCO, I think you'd be on to something, at least. I think the fact that is a male-dominated sports oriented audience, they can look past any real meaning in it...and understand it as tongue-in-cheek...especially since most fan listeners really know fire-denny-guy. Maybe I am wrong, but I think it is such a small thing, and sort of shows our passion, it won't hurt our imagine.

People need to quit using the passion card as an excuse as it doesnt wash.. It is no excuse for bad behavior.
People KNOW idiocy when they see and hear it no matter how its packaged.

At the KS game there was a KS fan behind us who was obnoxious. He was so obnoxious that the KS fans told him to shut up he was being a jack ass. Not once did anyone say---oh its ok hes just a passionate fan.
Many apologised for the idiots behavior. Class NEVER goes out of style.

But heres a question for you. Do you think it hurts the image of a school when fans come on BV and act like total jerks. How does the viewing or listening audience percieve a fan who gets on talk radio or calls in to a sports TV show when they ask questions etc and they make a fool of themselves and the fan base that he just represented. You seen it a hundred times and its not pretty is it.

I noticed that you posted a link to the Sioux web site on what you thought was some idiotic postings. I guess thats ok because it shows their passion right? AHHhhhhh

Perception is reality.

56BISON73
09-27-2010, 02:45 AM
No were laughing at you

Guess that ignore feature still isnt working. :D

4mcruenomore
09-27-2010, 02:59 AM
After meeting Mr. Lakes in person, and drinking with him. He is cool, and his passion and mine for Bison football is unrivaled. Go Bison, Go Lakes!

56BISON73
09-27-2010, 03:29 AM
After meeting Mr. Lakes in person, and drinking with him. He is cool, and his passion and mine for Bison football is unrivaled. Go Bison, Go Lakes!

Never said Lakes wasnt Ok in person.

rutlandbison
09-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Goodbye?

///

lakesbison
09-27-2010, 03:57 AM
Dude stfu. Please, it really gets sickening having you post this same crap credo OB every page. Good for you, you think cuz you have a fake ass badge you have.authority on a message board??? It's laughable, we.get. your jealous, carry on....I don't post about you in every thread. But you do.

I'm just sticking up for.myself, so.whateva biatch...can i use that word or you in charge of that too.....Hahaha. you are never gonna stop me.....so concentrate Om containing me...much like how tony does. Tony probably face palms over my posts, but deep down there is a grin, entertainment and coolness...cuz he is cool., Hahaha. bnite. The vikes Tailgating scene was.Swweeet today. And.RAINING BITCHES!!!!

56BISON73
09-27-2010, 04:25 AM
Dude stfu. Please, it really gets sickening having you post this same crap credo OB every page. Good for you, you think cuz you have a fake ass badge you have.authority on a message board??? It's laughable, we.get. your jealous, carry on....I don't post about you in every thread. But you do.

I'm just sticking up for.myself, so.whateva biatch...can i use that word or you in charge of that too.....Hahaha. you are never gonna stop me.....so concentrate Om containing me...much like how tony does. Tony probably face palms over my posts, but deep down there is a grin, entertainment and coolness...cuz he is cool., Hahaha. bnite. The vikes Tailgating scene was.Swweeet today. And.RAINING BITCHES!!!!

Lakes
Why not try refuting the content of my posts if you find them so objectionable? Instead the board is again subject to your non-sensical babbling. Stay classy.

WYOBISONMAN
09-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Good god.....this arguing shit is getting old. It totally derails a thread. LOCKED!

tony
09-27-2010, 04:37 AM
a. Could you guys knock it off? This thread, which should be funny, has turned into something that is EXCRUTIATINGLY AWFUL to read.

b. The KFAN deal was a radio bit and clearly NDSU's rep and USD's rep were supposed to add to the general hilarity. Didn't hear the end but I doubt anybody is going to take any of it seriously.

c. That said, know your audience: Being obnoxious on another school's board or what have you is appreciated there no more than it is here - it's ironic that Lakesbison doesn't see this since he has tried so hard to convince me to ban visitors to Bisonville so often.

Oops: Wyobisonman beat me to it. :)