PDA

View Full Version : 1,750 Student Tickets Remain

HerdBot
09-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Sorry if this was posted in another thread but I thought it deserved it's own.

The non student tickets are probably going to sell out (still some left) but there are 1,750 student tickets left.

Not sure why tickets are still available but maybe the students assumed it has sold out? Maybe they are waiting till the last minute?

Let's get the word out and fill every seat in the dome! The games on state wide TV... good chance to show everyone what NDSU Football is about!

STUDENTS: You can pick up your free tickets at the BSA South Lobby between 8 am and 5 pm. Any tickets not picked up during regular distribution hours will be held for NDSU students at the east entrance of the Fargodome on game day. Tickets can be picked up at windows 8-14 with a valid student ID and will be available while supplies last.

HerdBot
09-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Sticky this thread please.

roadwarrior
09-24-2010, 02:55 PM
I would guess that every student that reads Bisonville has already picked up their ticket.

HerdBot
09-24-2010, 03:02 PM
I would guess that every student that reads Bisonville has already picked up their ticket.

but... have they texted or facebooked 3-5 friends each?

CaBisonFan
09-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Sorry if this was posted in another thread but I thought it deserved it's own.

The non student tickets are probably going to sell out but there are still 1,750 student tickets left.

Not sure why tickets are still available but maybe the students assumed it has sold out? Maybe they are waiting till the last minute?

Let's get the word out and fill every seat in the dome! The games on state wide TV... good chance to show everyone what NDSU Football is about!

STUDENTS: You can pick up your free tickets at the BSA South Lobby between 8 am and 5 pm. Any tickets not picked up during regular distribution hours will be held for NDSU students at the east entrance of the Fargodome on game day. Tickets can be picked up at windows 8-14 with a valid student ID and will be available while supplies last.

I suggest free beer at the door. At the very least...look the other way a little bit when they enter. I'm 2/3 kidding...and the other third...might be kidding...but sorta not. Do they get to drink anywhere in the stadium? My son is in law school at UND. They get to drink beer in the student lobby...er something like that. Don't hold me to that. I think it's correct.

Translation: The environment is too sterile for them...and the dead horse...about half of the tickets aren't good for watching football. The rectangular shape makes for bad tickets in the corners and the endzone.

Get 'em closer to the action...and get 'em a beer. It would be a good start. It's their activity. The city of Fargo has its head up its rectal area. The white shirts don't really care about the Bison, or what is needed. They're running a business in what 'should be' an educational/fun facility...in what 'should be' a collegiate atmosphere. It ain't.

HerdBot
09-24-2010, 03:08 PM
I suggest free beer at the door. At the very least...look the other way a little bit when they enter. I'm 2/3 kidding...and the other third...might be kidding...but sorta not. Do they get to drink anywhere in the stadium? My son is in law school at UND. They get to drink beer in the student lobby...er something like that. Don't hold me to that. I think it's correct.

Translation: The environment is too sterile for them...and the dead horse...about half of the tickets aren't good for watching football. The rectangular shape makes for bad tickets in the corners and the endzone.

Get 'em closer to the action...and get 'em a beer. It would be a good start. It's their activity. The city of Fargo has its head up its rectal area. The white shirts don't really care about the Bison, or what is needed. They're running a business in what 'should be' an educational/fun facility...in what 'should be' a collegiate atmosphere. It ain't.

I think all the seats are good. I went the the Vikes game on Sunday and I had "premium seats" in the lower deck. My premium seats were worse than the crappiest seat in the dome.

Beer in the dome... I think they should do it for just the first half. Anything later and you have too many drunk people leaving the stadium at the same time. Plus it would be a great excuse to keep them in the stadium for the 2nd half to sober up! :) But really... I'm sure plenty of liquor is smuggled in.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
09-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Let's Pack The Dome!!!

NDSUstudent
09-24-2010, 03:36 PM
If they gave them away in the union they would all be gone....

roadwarrior
09-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Beer for 18 and 19 year olds! Cool. They would like that.

WYOBISONMAN
09-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Beer for 18 and 19 year olds! Cool. They would like that.

But only if they attend the game......I bet Keifer can get this on the ballot!

pwbnd
09-24-2010, 04:26 PM

^^^ this ^^^

Montana Bison
09-24-2010, 04:36 PM

No Shit, thats a good idea. Why can't they have the student tickets at the Union. They would gone in a day. Somebody needs to jump on that.

HerdBot
09-24-2010, 05:16 PM
No Shit, thats a good idea. Why can't they have the student tickets at the Union. They would gone in a day. Somebody needs to jump on that.

We are slow to adapt. How about a truck that sets up?

VanClubPres
09-24-2010, 05:34 PM

^^^ this ^^^

This. Why make it difficult. Students are lazy. Make it as easy as possible.

roadwarrior
09-24-2010, 05:53 PM
If it were real easy to pick them up, how many students would end up putting them in their pocket and never going to the game? I could see a lot of them saying "oh sure, give me one". Then if the 4000 seat allocation was used up there might be other students that actually wanted to see the game that wouldn't have a ticket.

lakesbison
09-24-2010, 06:29 PM
N E R D S!!

i said the union thing last year, and last week. grrr

Bison bison
09-24-2010, 06:34 PM
I think it would be a great idea if they distributed student tickets at the Union.

I can't believe no one has thought of that until me, just moments ago.

rutlandbison
09-24-2010, 07:34 PM
N E R D S!!

i said the union thing last year, and last week. grrr
Everybody said the union thing last year. But I agree with whoever posted it(can't remember) people would just end up taking one and not going. BSA is a good place because the students who really want to go to the game will drive out there, park in the 30 minute parking spots, and grab a ticket in less than 1 minute. It isn't that far of a walk from some dorms for freshman either. But, a better job advertising is needed. I saw Thundar in the union carrying a sign that said "go get your student tickets at the BSA" or something like that, so atleast there is an effort this year.

NDSUstudent
09-24-2010, 07:38 PM
If it were real easy to pick them up, how many students would end up putting them in their pocket and never going to the game? I could see a lot of them saying "oh sure, give me one". Then if the 4000 seat allocation was used up there might be other students that actually wanted to see the game that wouldn't have a ticket.

I think it is more of reminder that says, "hey students there is a football game this Saturday", the marketing to students is terrible. It is just God awful, some lame generic email sent out once a week and that is it. Putting a booth in the union and giving away tickets is the best, cheapest and easiest marketing you can do.

If some students miss out, I bet they get in line early the next week when they are handed out in the union. At least this creates some demand vs just letting them sit in the BSA. A place where virtually no students go during football season.

Plus there is a bit more buzz to the games if you have a ticket that other people can't get. All of sudden Bison football has a bit more value and going to the game could become more important.

Gully
09-24-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't know how you could possibly miss the fact there is a home football game on Saturday if you're a student at NDSU. It's just that there is a good portion of them that don't care. Simple as that. Hard to relate to but simple as that.

heymch86
09-24-2010, 07:56 PM
are there any announcements on the 100s of TVs in the union that says Student Tickets are still available at BSA??

It's marketing like this that would help. Even a flyer on the doors of the Union saying pickup your tix at the BSA, would be easy.

One email at the beginning of the school year saying to get your tickets at the beginning of each week isn't enough. Most students just delete all email from the University without even opening it.

rutlandbison
09-24-2010, 08:33 PM
are there any announcements on the 100s of TVs in the union that says Student Tickets are still available at BSA??

It's marketing like this that would help. Even a flyer on the doors of the Union saying pickup your tix at the BSA, would be easy.

One email at the beginning of the school year saying to get your tickets at the beginning of each week isn't enough. Most students just delete all email from the University without even opening it.
No. None of the TV's advertise it. They all just have stupid maps of the union or there are a bunch of people are ones watching CNN or some other stupid news channel.

Jdubs21
09-24-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't know how you could possibly miss the fact there is a home football game on Saturday if you're a student at NDSU. It's just that there is a good portion of them that don't care. Simple as that. Hard to relate to but simple as that.

im with you gully....the kids that make the effort to get their tickets are the students we want filling the dome, and like roadwarrior said there will be many kids that will just grab one and wont use it...leave it how it is

johnson
09-24-2010, 08:36 PM
I have to agree with this. I have three current students working part-time for me and they don't have any interest in NDSU athletics. They all are from the Twin Cities and don't even try to make an effort.

aces1180
09-24-2010, 08:38 PM
I have to agree with this. I have three current students working part-time for me and they don't have any interest in NDSU athletics. They all are from the Twin Cities and don't even try to make an effort.

Fire their asses! ;)

One of the main reasons I even chose to go to school at NDSU was because of the football games! Damn kids these days.....

johnson
09-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Fire their asses! ;)
I tell them that I'm going to all the time. They're really good kids but just haven't seen the green and yellow light yet. They've been brainwashed by the goofers.

Tatanka
09-24-2010, 08:43 PM
I tell them that I'm going to all the time. They're really good kids but just haven't seen the green and yellow light yet. They've been brainwashed by the goofers.

Poor, sad, misguided youth.

Bison bison
09-24-2010, 09:03 PM

Really?

They're the suckiest bunch of suckers that ever sucked!?!

BisoninNWMN
09-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Fire their asses! ;)

One of the main reasons I even chose to go to school at NDSU was because of the football games! Damn kids these days.....

NO SH**!!!

:D :D :D :D

ndbj52
09-24-2010, 11:40 PM

Have them in the BSA Mon-Thur for students who want and have a booth at the union of Friday for the tickets that are left. If you really want one get it early.

OrygunBison
09-25-2010, 12:12 AM

Dude, you need to fire them.

Capn_Cat
09-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Sell the tailgating.

bisondad
09-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Sell the tailgating.

You are correct on that