PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Recruiting

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

bisontwice
02-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Who are the up and coming juniors the Bison should be looking at? Connor
McGovern-Fargo Shanley, 6"5" and 270lbs. Will be a 4 year starter for Steve Laqua and has been all state twice so far. Getting looks from Missouri and others, would be good to keep this kid at home.

Twentysix
02-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Kicker from shanley. Dunno his name. Watched him in the championship kids gotta a leg.

coloradobison
02-04-2010, 10:53 PM
I hope we have a kicker coming in this year and wont need to be after one next year.

tony
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I moved some of the posts to the "Lane Kiffin's interesting verbal" thread in the "News about other schools" forum.

I agree about McGovern being a top 2011 prospect in North Dakota next year (heck, he is probably the #1 prospect in the state.)

BisonNeil
02-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I agree about McGovern being a top 2011 prospect in North Dakota next year (heck, he is probably the #1 prospect in the state.)

Mussman took a page out of Bohl's book and offered McGovern a full scholie on signing day for the 2011 class. Connor is probably the #1 Jr in ND at this point, no question, doesn't know if he wants to play OL or DL. MAC also showing a lot of interest in McGovern, especially Solich and McIlhenney at Ohio U.

rutlandbison
02-12-2010, 07:40 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results

Here's what rivals has us down for in 2011 so far. Only 4 guys, one is from Memphis. They have Tyler Gefroh on there too. Didn't he just sign with us for this year.

cyborgg
02-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Mussman took a page out of Bohl's book and offered McGovern a full scholie on signing day for the 2011 class. Connor is probably the #1 Jr in ND at this point, no question, doesn't know if he wants to play OL or DL. MAC also showing a lot of interest in McGovern, especially Solich and McIlhenney at Ohio U.

I think ISU might also be looking at him. We had some success signing two kids from the Dakotas this year.

Bison bison
02-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Kicker from shanley. Dunno his name. Watched him in the championship kids gotta a leg.

Daniel Jordan. Soccer Player. Kid was clutch.

Marlins
02-16-2010, 03:26 AM
NDSU has offered Milwaukee Marquette DL Mark Scarpinato (6-3, 250).

Article: http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1126518

Player Profile: http://wissports.net/sports/football/teamplayer.asp?pid=114059&tid=1377

While noteworthy, don't get too excited as he'll likely garner Big Ten scholarship offers.

SDbison
02-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Glad to see Bison coaches are hard at work already for 2011 recruits. Hey SDSU coaches, did you get a clue after this past season.......don't worry it wouldn't help you to start recruiting early because once a recruit sees Brookings he won't want to verbal or sign there anyway. But you guys do have a dykhouse.......is that pronouced Dick or Dyke?

DjKyRo
02-16-2010, 03:39 AM
Never hurts to hop on board early - you never know who might get an offer or how a recruit will receive an early offer. Thanks for the info Marlin!

Marlins
02-16-2010, 03:46 AM
A quote Scarpinato gave me after the article was already published:

"I am keeping an open mind to any school right now. NDSU has some great attributes; I love the fact that they have a coach for DT and a different coach for DE. So it is a coach for maybe 6 players. That attention is something I really like."

SDbison
02-16-2010, 03:50 AM
A quote Scarpinato gave me after the article was already published:

"I am keeping an open mind to any school right now. NDSU has some great attributes; I love the fact that they have a coach for DT and a different coach for DE. So it is a coach for maybe 6 players. That attention is something I really like."
Thanks again Marlins........great to hear the inside info!

jackrabbit1979
02-16-2010, 04:28 AM
Glad to see Bison coaches are hard at work already for 2011 recruits. Hey SDSU coaches, did you get a clue after this past season.......don't worry it wouldn't help you to start recruiting early because once a recruit sees Brookings he won't want to verbal or sign there anyway. But you guys do have a dykhouse.......is that pronouced Dick or Dyke?

What did this thread have to do with SDSU? You wonder why you have SDSU fans posting here at Bisonville?

Your constant obsession really has no end...

DjKyRo
02-16-2010, 04:49 AM
I know I'm going to regret this, but...

...do i really need to point out the obvious*? :howdy:

* - that you're constantly posting on a Bison fanboard? You're talking about obsessiveness?

SDbison
02-16-2010, 04:58 AM
What did this thread have to do with SDSU? You wonder why you have SDSU fans posting here at Bisonville?

Are you lost? Did you mistakenly type bisonville.com instead of jackfans.com? Sorry we here at Bisonville tend to talk here and there about other teams, coaches and fan blunders.......its our right here. Granted Tony might feel my post belongs in smack, but I just couldn't restrain myself.

IzzyFlexion
02-16-2010, 12:07 PM
NDSU has offered Milwaukee Marquette DL Mark Scarpinato (6-3, 250).

Article: http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1126518

Player Profile: http://wissports.net/sports/football/teamplayer.asp?pid=114059&tid=1377

While noteworthy, don't get too excited as he'll likely garner Big Ten scholarship offers.

Come on Marlins, try to keep up! Haven't you heard? NDSU WILL be Big 10 by then.:) :)
Sorry, couldn't help it.

HandoEX
02-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Gotta love seeing the coaches go after their top guys right away. Get our hats in the rings for as many top prospects as possible, imo. Love the strategy!

Marlins
02-16-2010, 03:23 PM
NDSU has offered Kenosha Bradford DB Trae Waynes (6-0, 180).

Article: http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1126629

Player Profile (with video): http://wissports.net/sports/football/teamplayer.asp?pid=141141&tid=1112

HandoEX
02-16-2010, 03:26 PM
There he posted a 4.33-second 40-yard dash

:eeek:
Wowzers!

Jdubs21
02-16-2010, 05:37 PM
wowzers is right

JackFlash
02-16-2010, 09:32 PM
SDbison is funny.

EndZoneQB
02-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Yep, I can see him in Red and White.

HerdBot
02-17-2010, 05:49 AM

Article: http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1126629

Player Profile (with video): http://wissports.net/sports/football/teamplayer.asp?pid=141141&tid=1112

I was all excited until I head he had interest from Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Iowa State, Kansas State, Clemson, Syracuse, UCLA, Army, Eastern Illinois... and he's only a Jr.

4.33 speed? That's faster than most NFL players. Too bad he doesn't play offense.

CaBisonFan
02-17-2010, 05:58 AM
I was all excited until I head he had interest from Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Iowa State, Kansas State, Clemson, Syracuse, UCLA, Army, Eastern Illinois... and he's only a Jr.

4.33 speed? That's faster than most NFL players. Too bad he doesn't play offense.

Why would he want to take a step down from North Dakota State to play for any of those teams?...:smh:

roadwarrior
02-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Now that we are starting to get news on next year's recruiting class, I combined the recent threads into one.

Siouxfallsbison
02-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Heard they offered Matt Hermanson a DB from SF Washington. Played QB and strong safety for the Warriors.

SDbison
02-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Heard they offered Matt Hermanson a DB from SF Washington. Played QB and strong safety for the Warriors.
I see Matt Hermanson made the class 11AA all-state team as a Junior. Is he related to head coach Brian Hermanson?

http://www.ksfy.com/sports/headlines/78289462.html

Bison"FANatic"
02-17-2010, 07:34 PM
He is his son

CaBisonFan
02-20-2010, 06:56 PM

Maybe because we made the move together, and because it's turned into a pretty good rivalry, and we recruit some of the same players. Note that we don't even play UND, and they're mentioned about 10-1 over SDSU. I don't even read the Rabbit board. Why would I wanna get riled up over a mention of NDSU when I don't care what anyone there thinks? Same applies to other boards.

rutlandbison
02-21-2010, 02:16 AM
Another offer.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Daniel-Davie-99350

Mr. Burgundy
02-21-2010, 02:31 AM
Good find Rutland. He is from the same school as our starting Sophomore FB Bruhn and our new lineman Hinz. Beatrice, NE. Just outside of Lincoln, NE. At signing day, the coaches mentioned that getting Hinz was huge because it was the 2nd year in a row we took a kid from that school and that there are several kids coming up from that school that can play. He looks talented. Get the Beatrice carpool ready.

DjKyRo
02-21-2010, 02:47 AM
Good find Rutland. He is from the same school as our starting Sophomore FB Bruhn and our new lineman Hinz. Beatrice, NE. Just outside of Lincoln, NE. At signing day, the coaches mentioned that getting Hinz was huge because it was the 2nd year in a row we took a kid from that school and that there are several kids coming up from that school that can play. He looks talented. Get the Beatrice carpool ready.

Cue Lakes: "We're invading Nebraska!!"

:rolleyes:

Gully
02-21-2010, 02:48 AM

Beatrice is a cool little town, if I remember correctly it's roughly North of Manhattan, KS, just over the NE border....it seems like I drove over a cattle guard, ON THE HIGHWAY when going through. You gotta love that, probably some hard nosed kids.

ndsubison1
02-21-2010, 05:17 AM
I love our Nebraska pipeline right now. Great state to be recruiting in

sambini
02-21-2010, 05:18 PM
I love our Nebraska pipeline right now. Great state to be recruiting in
They play a little football in that state++++

OnTheFifty
02-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Osseo, Minnesota athlete Joey Sonnenfeld is a multi-sport, multi-position athlete

Sonnenfeld has been receiving early interest from schools across the country. "So far my recruiting has mostly been letters. I have heard from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, UCLA, and NDSU. I have had other letters as well, but those schools send me the most right now

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Joey-Sonnenfeld-107060

bisonhusker
02-23-2010, 02:49 PM
MN kid. Wants to be a receiver, Brewster won't think he is fast enough. Sounds like a Bison to me.

WildBill
02-23-2010, 11:43 PM
MN kid. Wants to be a receiver, Brewster won't think he is fast enough. Sounds like a Bison to me.

He's a receiver who happens to have a father who played at MN. He'll get an offer.

Mr. Burgundy
02-24-2010, 12:42 AM
He's a receiver who happens to have a father who played at MN. He'll get an offer.

So if your Dad played for MN or if you are best friends with Seantrel Henderson you get a Brewster offer?

Ok, just wondering.

NDSUstudent
02-24-2010, 01:01 AM
So if your Dad played for MN or if you are best friends with Seantrel Henderson you get a Brewster offer?

Ok, just wondering.

Well, when I talked with some Gopher fans about Vraa on another board they all said his measurables and offers made him not the kind of recruit they would want.

Then on signing day they sign a similar receiver named Hutton from Texas, who is a legacy recruit(brother played for MN). So yeah, that must be how it works out.

WildBill
02-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Ok, just wondering.

Don't be dumb. All major programs do it providing the kid has legit talent.

Fightin' Bison
02-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Don't be dumb. All major programs do it providing the kid has legit talent.

If he has "legit talent" he gets an offer no matter who his brother or father is. No major program offers scholarships based on who you are related to. You might get an offer with marginal talent if it will seal the deal with a friend who is a big time recruit.

DjKyRo
02-24-2010, 07:49 PM
If he has "legit talent" he gets an offer no matter who his brother or father is. No major program offers scholarships based on who you are related to. You might get an offer with marginal talent if it will seal the deal with a friend who is a big time recruit.

Dude, I'm best friends with Seantrel Henderson...where was Bama, USC, Ohio St. when I was at the Wellness Center the other day? :D

BisonNeil
02-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Who are the up and coming juniors the Bison should be looking at? Connor
McGovern-Fargo Shanley, 6"5" and 270lbs. Will be a 4 year starter for Steve Laqua and has been all state twice so far. Getting looks from Missouri and others, would be good to keep this kid at home.

I have it on very good authority that Bohl personally offered Connor a full ride scholarship a couple of days ago. Connor met with Fuchs, so I believe they project him as a OL rather than DT. Bohl told him they have McGovern as the #1 recruit in ND this next season. He is, as BT suggests, getting serious looks from FBS, but no offers yet.

ndsubison1
02-25-2010, 01:14 AM
I have it on very good authority that Bohl personally offered Connor a full ride scholarship a couple of days ago. Connor met with Fuchs, so I believe they project him as a OL rather than DT. Bohl told him they have McGovern as the #1 recruit in ND this next season. He is, as BT suggests, getting serious looks from FBS, but no offers yet.

This is great. Good to see we're on him early.

Fightin' Bison
02-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Dude, I'm best friends with Seantrel Henderson...where was Bama, USC, Ohio St. when I was at the Wellness Center the other day? :D

Ohio State was at a kegger celebrating Rich Rodriguez's impending termination at Michigan. USC was at an NCAA hearing trying to explain why it shouldn't be subject to major sanctions. 'Bama was getting married to their cousins and drinking moonshine.

OldBison
02-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Ohio State was at a kegger celebrating Rich Rodriguez's impending termination at Michigan.

I realize you're trying to make a joke, but in reality this couldn't be further from the truth. Every Ohio State fan I know loves RR since he turned Michigan into a pile of horse dung on the football field :bow:

jugular
02-27-2010, 02:09 AM
Davie is a little raw as a football player but he has GREAT athleticism. Heard he is a great kid too. Hinz won the heavyweight title in Class B this year, which is the 2nd largest class in Nebraska. He pulled what some would call an upset over Dudzik's teammate in the finals. The heavyweight champ in the largest class was Ron Coleman...dude was a freak and was mentioned as a football recruit on here numerous times (signed with SE Missouri). He won 4 state titles in the largest class--he won 215 as a FR and SOPH, which is amazing. He then won heavyweight as a JR and SR.

Back to Davie...if he shows well at camps this summer, he may gather a few offers. He will be at NU's Junior Day this weekend.

OnTheFifty
02-27-2010, 02:16 AM
Merrill, WI TE/LB Sam Arneson (6-foot-4, 225)

Received offer from CMU

Other schools showing strong interest include Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota, Northwestern, Iowa and North Dakota State.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/wisconsinpreps/football/recruiting/player-Sam-Arneson-104553

OnTheFifty
03-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Name to watch:

This would actually go under 2012 recruiting, but Detroit Lakes might have the top rated quarterback in the state for 2012

Joe Mollberg 6' 2" 200 lbs. with a laser arm.

Likely FBS??...but you always have that "Stay close to home" option.

DjKyRo
03-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Name to watch:

This would actually go under 2012 recruiting, but Detroit Lakes might have the top rated quarterback in the state for 2012

Joe Mollberg 6' 2" 200 lbs. with a laser arm.

Likely FBS??...but you always have that "Stay close to home" option.

Ohio St., Michigan, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Penn St, and Minnesota are all closer than NDSU if he wants to go FBS and/or stay close to home. Not to be a downer, just saying. :)

EndZoneQB
03-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Ohio St., Michigan, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Penn St, and Minnesota are all closer than NDSU if he wants to go FBS and/or stay close to home. Not to be a downer, just saying. :)

What? How are those schools closer than NDSU? It's 45-60mins from DL to Fargo...I'm confused. I know NDSU isn't FBS, but thats not what the quoted was saying...

I'm going to assume you mean he could do the stay "close" to home and still do the FBS thing?

DjKyRo
03-12-2010, 11:28 PM
What? How are those schools closer than NDSU? It's 45-60mins from DL to Fargo...I'm confused. I know NDSU isn't FBS, but thats not what the quoted was saying...

I'm going to assume you mean he could do the stay "close" to home and still do the FBS thing?

Whoops, my bad - I missed the "Lakes" part and read it as "Detroit" (as in Michigan). Don't know what I'm smoking...

Carry on.

OnTheFifty
03-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Defensive tackle Mark Scarpinato picked up a Big Ten offer from Indiana University.

The offer from the Hoosiers adds to pile of scholarships already extended from Illinois State, North Dakota State, Western Michigan and Wofford.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mark-Scarpinato-98272

BisonNeil
03-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Defensive tackle Mark Scarpinato picked up a Big Ten offer from Indiana University.

The offer from the Hoosiers adds to pile of scholarships already extended from Illinois State, North Dakota State, Western Michigan and Wofford.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mark-Scarpinato-98272

I find it really interesting that Wofford would "come" way up to WI to recruit a DT. You would think there would be more and better closer to home, say in FL.

Kermit
03-27-2010, 06:10 PM
I find it really interesting that Wofford would "come" way up to WI to recruit a DT. You would think there would be more and better closer to home, say in FL.

It is a curiousity. Wofford also recruits Minnesota for basketball. Noah Dahlman from Braham was an important part of their NCAA team this year and they have offered possible Bison target Jonah Travis, a junior forward at Minneapolis DeLaSalle.

BisonNolesFan77
03-27-2010, 09:02 PM

One thing to think about, just about every team heads south to recruit, and every team out there heads to Florida to recruit. You are recruiting against the entire country, and have schools like the U of M, Kentucky, Cincy, and so on going south and grabbing all the 2 Star recruits that would be a school like Wofford's bigger recruits. It is also a very small school, 1500 students, and high academic standards that I bet would eliminate a number of potential recruits.

BisonNolesFan77
03-27-2010, 09:05 PM
It is a curiousity. Wofford also recruits Minnesota for basketball. Noah Dahlman from Braham was an important part of their NCAA team this year and they have offered possible Bison target Jonah Travis, a junior forward at Minneapolis DeLaSalle.

Don't forget about Cameron Rundles and Jamar Diggs, both juniors at Wofford, who are both graduates of DeLaSalle as well. 3 former MN players on their current roster....

ndsubison1
03-27-2010, 09:23 PM

Must be some kind of connection there maybe with the coaching staff or something

lakesbison
03-29-2010, 04:04 AM
I got recruited at wofford for baseball + football. they have always enjoyed adding midwest kids to thier university. (plus they have a couple big donors in the twin.cities that bird dog scout for them) my momma says i woulda been too far from her if i went.

Bison Dan
03-29-2010, 05:35 PM
... removed message ...

Marlins
03-29-2010, 09:46 PM

This isn't the first time Wofford offered a scholarship to a prospect out of Milwaukee Marquette. They offered Scarpinato's teammate, Marcus Trotter, during this past recruiting cycle.

I think part of it has to do with Wofford having played the University of Wisconsin this past season.

OnTheFifty
03-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Tight end/linebacker Sam Arneson (6-foot-4, 225) from Wisc.

Currently holds offers from Toledo, Central Michigan and Western Michigan and is receiving strong interest from Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Indiana and North Dakota State.

OnTheFifty
04-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Robbinsdale Cooper runningback Keith Anthony

About a week ago, Anthony was visited Iowa State. This week he is visiting Wisconsin. Some of the other schools who have been in contact with include Wyoming, North Dakota State, Stanford, Harvard and Drake.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Keith-Anthony-108507

jarhead
04-15-2010, 08:18 PM
players the Bison have reportedly shown interest in:

Andrew Elliott, athlete 5' 11", 185 lbs from Joliet, IL Ilhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Andrew-Elliott-108517
Andrew Ness, OL 6' 4", 295 lbs from St. Louis, MOhttp://hsmissouri.scout.com/a.z?s=398&p=8&c=1&nid=4790614
Daniel Davie, safety 6' 181 lbs from Beatrice, NBhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Daniel-Davie-99350
Derek Landisch, ILB 6', 218 from Hartland, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Derek-Landisch-108178
Derek Watt, OLB 6, 2", 215 lbs from Pewaukee, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Derek-Watt-108050
Gino DeBartolo, QB, 6' 2", 205 lbs from Kenosha, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Gino-DeBartolo-105651
James Wilson, DT, 6' 3", 280 lbs from Milwaukee, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-James-Wilson-109095
Joey Gribble, WR, 6' 2", 190 lbs from Oak Creek, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Joey-Gribble-109096
Jordan Frederick, Safety, 6' 3", 200 lbs from Madison, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Jordan-Fredrick-109289
Kenny Rogers, OL, 6' 6", 250 lbs from Holt, MIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Kenny-Rogers-111365
Mark Scarpinato, DT, 6'3", 250 lbs from Milwaukee, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Mark-Scarpinato-98272
Marques Stevenson, RB, 5'8", 180 lbs from Lake Orion, MIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Marques-Stevenson-102825
Trae Waynes, Safety, 6', 170 lbs from Kenosha, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Trae-Waynes-101171

EndZoneQB
04-15-2010, 11:48 PM
We sure have a presence in Beatrice, NB now. That's good news.

ndsubison1
04-16-2010, 07:29 AM
players the Bison have reportedly shown interest in:

Andrew Elliott, athlete 5' 11", 185 lbs from Joliet, IL Ilhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Andrew-Elliott-108517
Andrew Ness, OL 6' 4", 295 lbs from St. Louis, MOhttp://hsmissouri.scout.com/a.z?s=398&p=8&c=1&nid=4790614
Daniel Davie, safety 6' 181 lbs from Beatrice, NBhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Daniel-Davie-99350
Derek Landisch, ILB 6', 218 from Hartland, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Derek-Landisch-108178
Derek Watt, OLB 6, 2", 215 lbs from Pewaukee, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Derek-Watt-108050
Gino DeBartolo, QB, 6' 2", 205 lbs from Kenosha, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Gino-DeBartolo-105651
James Wilson, DT, 6' 3", 280 lbs from Milwaukee, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-James-Wilson-109095
Joey Gribble, WR, 6' 2", 190 lbs from Oak Creek, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Joey-Gribble-109096
Jordan Frederick, Safety, 6' 3", 200 lbs from Madison, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Jordan-Fredrick-109289
Kenny Rogers, OL, 6' 6", 250 lbs from Holt, MIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Kenny-Rogers-111365
Mark Scarpinato, DT, 6'3", 250 lbs from Milwaukee, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Mark-Scarpinato-98272
Marques Stevenson, RB, 5'8", 180 lbs from Lake Orion, MIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Marques-Stevenson-102825
Trae Waynes, Safety, 6', 170 lbs from Kenosha, WIhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Trae-Waynes-101171

Hello Wisconsin

OnTheFifty
04-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Tight end/linebacker Sam Arneson (6-foot-4, 225) from Wisc.

Currently holds offers from Toledo, Central Michigan and Western Michigan and is receiving strong interest from Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Indiana and North Dakota State.

I think he got an offer and verballed to Wisconsin

Kermit
04-16-2010, 06:26 PM
We should really stop putting who we have interest in on here because UND will look at whoever we look at. Speaking of UND, when was the last time they beat us in a recruiting battle?

I'm not too worried about info that has already reached the web. Most of this stuff is just gleaned from Rivals or WisSports.net or whatever. UND or any other program will find that info easily enough if they care.

True "inside" information is another matter altogether..

Bison"FANatic"
04-18-2010, 03:54 PM
The difference in the Senior and Junior class compared to the the Incoming freshmen, Redshirt Freshmen, and sophomores is remarkable. Maybe not this year but next year and the few years after should be very good, heck this year may even turn out to be respectable.

OldBison
04-19-2010, 07:37 PM
The difference in the Senior and Junior class compared to the the Incoming freshmen, Redshirt Freshmen, and sophomores is remarkable. Maybe not this year but next year and the few years after should be very good, heck this year may even turn out to be respectable.

I think your statement is a bit misleading. It suggests that there have been three great recruiting classes in a row and that is not the case.

Any sophomores on the current roster that are remarkable are almost all from the 2009 recruiting class that did not redshirt last year (Jemison, Ojuri, Ollman, Pierre, etc). While I agree that the incoming class looks great, and there can be little doubt that the 2009 class was also wonderful, the 2008 class is destined to be largely a bust.

Evans is the only one that has made an immediate impact. Mohler has gotten playing time, no one else has cracked the line up. Lund may this year as well as Hagen, but only because Johnson was dismissed. In case you have forgotten, McFarlane, Obarski, Offerman, Manowske, Jackson, Miller, Osborne and now Reid have all left the team for various reasons. That means that half of high school seniors that signed with that class are already gone before the third season, and they should all be sophomores :ranting: :ranting:

Bison"FANatic"
04-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Ya you are right the 2008 class looks pretty bad overall a few good ones but a bunch of people that never contributed or have not contributed much yet.:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

AEBison1998
04-20-2010, 10:16 PM
The frustrating thing with that class was that it seems like they got kids with the talent to play, but they couldn't keep them in the program. So the field evaluation was good, but maybe the personal evaluation was inadequate. Its a tough job.

AEBison1998
04-26-2010, 05:32 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Ford-106434

Here is a guy we're looking at. 5'7" and 136 lbs. If you are that size and all those schools are looking at you...I bet he is fun to watch.

Kermit
04-26-2010, 06:43 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Ford-106434

Here is a guy we're looking at. 5'7" and 136 lbs. If you are that size and all those schools are looking at you...I bet he is fun to watch.

:eek: My, oh my!

bisonhusker
04-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Kid like that might be perfect. Those large schools may come close, but back away due to size, we may sneak in and get a steal. Sigers has me believing right now on the "small" kids!

ndsubison1
04-27-2010, 02:07 AM
Every time I watch Sigers I smile knowing we got a steal. How did a lower-end FBS program not pick him up? Rice? UTEP? Tulsa? Where ya at? ;)

Siouxfallsbison
04-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Article on Gebhart of Sioux Falls on Howard Wood Special 200 race.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100426/SPORTS01/4260314/1002/sports

DjKyRo
04-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Article on Gebhart of Sioux Falls on Howard Wood Special 200 race.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100426/SPORTS01/4260314/1002/sports

:eek: WOW! best of 200 times? Nice! Has anyone said we might have some speed on the field in the next few years?

jarhead
04-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Rivals reports we have offered to Mpls De La Salle running back Reggie Gandy.
Also holds an offer from Northern Iowa. http://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Reggie-Gandy-107312

SamsRams
04-27-2010, 11:32 PM
:eek: WOW! best of 200 times? Nice! Has anyone said we might have some speed on the field in the next few years?

Man the way the football team recruits speed, Coach Larson might not have to recruit sprinters. Already converted Kevin Jackson :)

tjbison
04-28-2010, 02:20 AM
Man the way the football team recruits speed, Coach Larson might not have to recruit sprinters. Already converted Kevin Jackson :)

Jackson would have been a beast in the D-backfield with his speed and size. I really was hoping him to play FB but.......he is whippin a** in track so congrats..BTW when does Marcus Williams hit the astro and field Turf??

ndsubison1
04-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Jackson would have been a beast in the D-backfield with his speed and size. I really was hoping him to play FB but.......he is whippin a** in track so congrats..BTW when does Marcus Williams hit the astro and field Turf??

In the fall as far as I know... hopefully the hardwood as well

JacksFan06
04-29-2010, 03:29 AM
OL from Wisconsin says NDSU is close to offering.

http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1151409

greenngold4life
05-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Name to watch:

Harvey McMahon-fb/lb

just a sophmore (so he should be in the 2012 thread) this year is 6'3 235

from Perham but heard he moved to Fergus Falls.

greenngold4life
05-02-2010, 04:01 PM
NDSU has Jesse Hinz!!!! this guy is going to tear it up!

lakesbison
05-02-2010, 04:04 PM
green.
yes kid moved to fergus, he's gonna be a BEAST as a junior this fall. he will hopefully follow in adam schuellers' steps, and perhaps josh campion's from fergus falls to NDSU. Josh is going to decide over the summer his next step.

BisonNeil
05-02-2010, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=lakesbison;368083]green.
yes kid moved to fergus, he's gonna be a BEAST as a junior this fall. he will hopefully follow in adam schuellers' steps, and perhaps josh campion's from fergus falls to NDSU. Josh is going to decide over the summer his next step.[QUOTE]

I was told two weeks ago that there is almost a zero chance for Campion or Rengel to become Bison. I hope my source was wrong.

lakesbison
05-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Ya Rengal is out , heard maybe st thomas cuz he just doesnt care anymore.
Campion is still trying to figure out his life from what im told, oh well.

greenngold4life
05-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Which Rengel are you guys talking about?

NDSUFan_Sav
05-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Ya Rengal is out , heard maybe st thomas cuz he just doesnt care anymore.
Campion is still trying to figure out his life from what im told, oh well.

pretty sure I saw he was going to St. Thomas

sambini
05-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Name to watch:

Harvey McMahon-fb/lb

just a sophmore (so he should be in the 2012 thread) this year is 6'3 235

from Perham but heard he moved to Fergus Falls. I belive that is Mike Strattons nephew. His dad played at UND.

jarhead
05-08-2010, 12:31 AM
4 what it"s worth:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Kadetrix-Marcus-95446

AEBison1998
05-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Here is a JC safety we are looking at for the 2011 class.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Diontae-Jones-113283

Mr. Burgundy
05-08-2010, 09:37 PM
http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1082474

Word traveled pretty fast of Beatrice (Neb.) safety prospect Daniel Davie's time of 10.38 seconds in the 100 meter dash on Thursday.

Davie ran a 10.38 second hand held time in the 100 during yesterday's River Cities Conference track meet at Omaha Skutt Catholic High School. Davie also won the 200 meter dash with a time of 22.0 seconds and ran the anchor leg on the winning 400 meter relay team.

Beatrice's Daniel Davie picked up an Ohio offer on Friday.
When Davie arrived to school on Friday, he received word from Orangeman head coach Bob Sexton he had an Ohio offer, to go along with the one he already has from North Dakota State.

"Coach (Jimmy) Burrow was here yesterday and he called this morning with an offer," Sexton said. "Coach Burrow's gut feeling though is Nebraska will probably offer Daniel, but they still wanted to make sure they came in with something."

Sexton said Kansas also called on Friday and NU offensive line coach Barney Cotton called him on Thursday night.

We have signed a kid in each of the last two recruiting classes from Beatrice, so hopefully the parents are loving NDSU. But, if Nebraska or KU offers, obviously we lose those battles.

OnTheFifty
05-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Big QB recruit

Joel Stave, 6-foot-5, 210-pound from Greenfield (WI) Whitnall.

North Dakota State was at his school recently along with Akron. Also has the Big Ten teams wanting to come to their camps to evaluate.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/wisconsinpreps/football/recruiting/player-Joel-Stave-104551

expo47
05-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Tyler Graves 6'5 215lb TE/DE from Fruitland, ID.

I graduated HS with his dad, and he told me that Tylers been talking to the NDSU staff and is coming up to the camp. Is this the first kid that the Bison have recruited from Idaho?

tony
05-16-2010, 03:23 AM
Tyler Graves 6'5 215lb TE/DE from Fruitland, ID.

I graduated HS with his dad, and he told me that Tylers been talking to the NDSU staff and is coming up to the camp. Is this the first kid that the Bison have recruited from Idaho?

I think we had a backup kicker or something from there a while back - not sure that he was recruited though. That's the only Idaho player I remember... ever.

Bison06
05-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I think we had a backup kicker or something from there a while back - not sure that he was recruited though. That's the only Idaho player I remember... ever.

Bill Wrigley was from Idaho.

tony
05-19-2010, 02:08 AM
Bill Wrigley was from Idaho.

Ah, thanks! Man, my memory is getting bad.

rdh701
05-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Bill Wrigley went thru about middle school in West Fargo, then the family moved West.

expo47
05-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Maybe NDSU can start stealing some of those Boise State walk-ons from Idaho.

From what it sounded like when I was talking with Tyler's dad, Tyler seems to be very interested in the Bison.

AEBison1998
05-23-2010, 01:11 AM
It looks like we've found one of our top QB recruits for next year. According to rivals, we have offers out to the following.

QB Derrius Vick Lincoln, Nebraska

DB Trae Waynes Kenosha, Wisconsin

DT Mark Scarpinato Milwaukee, Wisconsin

DB Daniel Davie Beatrice, Nebraska

RB Reggie Gandy Minneapolis, Minnesota
**Edit: It looks like Derrius Vick could be basketball. He is a star point guard too. Anyone know how to tell which sport?**

Kermit
05-23-2010, 01:59 AM
It looks like we've found one of our top QB recruits for next year. According to rivals, we have offers out to the following.

QB Derrius Vick Lincoln, Nebraska

DB Trae Waynes Kenosha, Wisconsin

DT Mark Scarpinato Milwaukee, Wisconsin

DB Daniel Davie Beatrice, Nebraska

RB Reggie Gandy Minneapolis, Minnesota
**Edit: It looks like Derrius Vick could be basketball. He is a star point guard too. Anyone know how to tell which sport?**

Vick's NDSU offer is for basketball.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1086330

"Right now I'd rather play basketball, because it's what I practice every day and it's what I do the most," Vick said. "However, if I get a good football offer from a Big 12 school that outweighs a basketball offer, I'll take it. Right now though it's basketball. I have a lot more opportunities there."

OnTheFifty
05-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Mequon (Wisc.) Homestead defensive tackle Donte Phillips

Indiana and North Dakota have offers to Phillips

Other coaching staffs he had seen come through his school this spring, include Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, North Dakota State, Virginia, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Indiana, Louisville, Northern Iowa, Washington State, Central Michigan and Northern Illinois.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/michigan/football/recruiting/player-Donte-Phillips-102324

onbison09
05-26-2010, 04:20 AM
Mequon (Wisc.) Homestead defensive tackle Donte Phillips

Indiana and North Dakota have offers to Phillips

Other coaching staffs he had seen come through his school this spring, include Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, North Dakota State, Virginia, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Indiana, Louisville, Northern Iowa, Washington State, Central Michigan and Northern Illinois.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/michigan/football/recruiting/player-Donte-Phillips-102324

Huh? :confused:

lakesbison
05-26-2010, 04:53 AM
another copycat offer, anyone NDSU is even remotely intersted in, they go and offer, they have about 200 offers, NDSU offers about 40-50 targeted kids and gets 20 kids.

Mr. Burgundy
05-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Daniel Davie got an offer from Kansas and I am hearing that Nebraska will also be offering in the next two weeks. Too bad, I was hoping we would keep our pipeline from Beatrice, NE going. Kid has speed to burn.

Hambone
05-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Haven't seen this one posted yet:

DB Darius Scott Chicago, Illinois (Simeon) 5'9" 145 - offers from Eastern Ill, Western Ill and Wyoming

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Darius-Scott-106847

OldBison
05-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Haven't seen this one posted yet:

DB Darius Scott Chicago, Illinois (Simeon) 5'9" 145 - offers from Eastern Ill, Western Ill and Wyoming

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Darius-Scott-106847

You're a good man Hambone, despite what Lakes says about you :D

Thanks!

Hambone
06-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Here's another offer for ya:

RB Matt Jones Scottsdale, Arizona Horizon 5'10" 188 - also has offer from Air Force

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Matt-Jones-108834?colleges=show#college_choices

99Bison
06-03-2010, 03:11 AM
Google fed me this sniplet, can't see full article w/o subs.
http://hsarizona.scout.com/a.z?s=222&p=2&c=974332&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fhsarizona.scout.com%2f2% 2f974332.html

"NDSU offered as a running back and Champion says, "They like my aggression on the field and my desire to just want to play no matter where I am playing at. ..."

Hambone
06-03-2010, 03:20 AM
Another one per rivals:

TE R.J. Rickert Gilbert, Arizona Mesquite 6'3" 210 - no other known offers

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-R.J.-Rickert-103038

lakesbison
06-03-2010, 03:24 AM
Edit: C'mon, don't wreck a decent thread.

AEBison1998
06-03-2010, 04:04 AM
According to rivals we have offered Michael Allen's teammate from Hamilton High in Arizona.

Defensive tackle
Chandler, Arizona
Hamilton
View Map
Ht:6'0"verifiedWt:265 lbsverifiedClass:2011 (High School)

AEBison1998
06-05-2010, 04:46 PM
A few more offers as of rivals:

QB Ryan Stanford Scottsdale, Arizona ***will be a three year starter*** Bad offensive line it sounds like.
Horizon 6'3" 168

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w43Aew5OFaM

DB Darius Scott Chicago, Illinois
Simeon

DB Danell Miles Goodyear, Arizona
Desert Edge

RB Matt Jones Scottsdale, Arizona ***Teammate of Ryan Stanford's. Sounds like he is a bruiser who still runs a 4.5. 5'10" 200 lbs (last year as a Jr.) 1 fumble; 1023 yrds. 5.5 yds/carry. Played on a 5-6 team that was 1-9 the year before. Much of the team is back so they could be good this year.***
Horizon

DB Jordon Champion Avondale, Arizona
Westview

We're really Arizona hard and looks like we are really looking for corners. I thing that's good. We've only had one freshman per year for several years now.

Jdubs21
06-05-2010, 04:54 PM
wow im liking stanfords video...great to see a young kid that uses the pump fake and makes very quick decisions

Herd
06-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Standford is impressive, but don't sign anyone off the OL. The ball was getting to QB about the same time as the DL.

westnodak93bison
06-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Are there no CB recruits in MN?

Kermit
06-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Rivals reports we have offered to Mpls De La Salle running back Reggie Gandy.
Also holds an offer from Northern Iowa. http://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Reggie-Gandy-107312

Brian Jerzak of MinnesotaPreps.com has a feature on Gandy (requires subscription):
http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1091736

Gandy has offers from Northern Iowa, NDSU and UND and has interest from Iowa State and South Dakota State.

Rivals profile is here: http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesotapreps/football/recruiting/player-Reggie-Gandy-107312

SDbison
06-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Need Tony to start a 2011 recruiting summary thread. There are too many names to keep track of already!

jarhead
06-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Interest, no offer: Torsten Rotto, 6-2, 220, 4.7 sec., DE out of Woodbury.

Marlins
06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
NDSU has offered a pair of DE's from Stevens Point (WI) in Adam Brandt (6-4, 220) and Joe Horvath (6-3, 235).

Article: http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1160329

OnTheFifty
06-11-2010, 05:29 PM
6-foot-2, 255-pound DL Donte Phillips has committed to Indiana.

The talented prospect chose IU over an offer from North Dakota and interest from Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, North Dakota State, Virginia, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Louisville, Northern Iowa, Washington State, Central Michigan and Northern Illinois.

Bison Dan
06-11-2010, 06:00 PM
6-foot-2, 255-pound DL Donte Phillips has committed to Indiana.

The talented prospect chose IU over an offer from North Dakota and interest from Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, North Dakota State, Virginia, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Louisville, Northern Iowa, Washington State, Central Michigan and Northern Illinois.

Yeah I'm sure ND was his second choice - Muss is sending out offers like a newbe shoots ducks - it's called flock shooting.

Tatanka
06-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah I'm sure ND was his second choice - Muss is sending out offers like a newbe shoots ducks - it's called flock shooting.

I thought they just pre-printed the offers to the back of the fancy paper schools use to print diplomas.

Oh, wait. That was that other scholarship deal.

jugular
06-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Daniel Davie has received an offer from Nebraska now.

Hambone
06-12-2010, 02:50 PM
For about the past week, Vidal Nelson has shown up as a Sioux offer, but today was switched to a Bison offer. 3 Star linebacker prospect with an offer from Wyoming.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Videl-Nelson-108773?colleges=show#college_choices

Also an offer out to an Illinois QB, Mark Iannotti who has an offer from USD.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mark-Iannotti-115102

Grizzled
06-12-2010, 05:14 PM

I talked to a guy last night that said we have around 30 offers out right now. I thought that seemed like a lot. How many does UND have out? I thought I read they have around same amount.

Hambone
06-12-2010, 06:35 PM
I talked to a guy last night that said we have around 30 offers out right now. I thought that seemed like a lot. How many does UND have out? I thought I read they have around same amount.

I heard UND has around 35 offers right now. Apparently the main difference is that NDSU has really targeted their recruits to who they want, and UND just threw theirs out there to anyone NDSU was interested in.....hoping that they will be lucky enough that NDSU will retract any interest so that they have a shot at some of them....

Tatanka
06-12-2010, 06:40 PM
I heard UND has around 35 offers right now. Apparently the main difference is that NDSU has really targeted their recruits to who they want, and UND just threw theirs out there to anyone NDSU was interested in.....hoping that they will be lucky enough that NDSU will retract any interest so that they have a shot at some of them....

:eek: SRSLY. :eek:

Hambone
06-12-2010, 06:41 PM
:eek: SRSLY. :eek:
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley :nod: :D

Marlins
06-12-2010, 07:44 PM

I don't know about overall offer numbers, but when it comes to prospects from Wisconsin, UND has 7 known offers out while NDSU has made 5 known offers.

Of the 5 players NDSU has offered thus far, UND has offered 3 of them. Of those 3, UND offered Horvath before NDSU offered him; UND offered Watt before NDSU offered him; and NDSU offered Waynes before UND offered him.

UND
DE Cameron Clinton-Earl - Sussex Hamilton (also holds offers from Illinois State & South Dakota)
DE Joe Horvath - Stevens Point
DE Matt Losiniecki - Waukesha West
DL Donte' Phillips - Homestead (offered by and committed to Indiana)
DE Ben Rasmussen - Hayward (also holds offers from Eastern Michigan, Illinois State, South Dakota & Western Illinois)
LB Derek Watt - Pewaukee (also holds offers from Western Michigan, Northern Illinois, Illinois State, Miami (OH), Akron & Central Michigan)
DB Trae Waynes -Kenosha Bradford

NDSU
DE Adam Brandt - Stevens Point
DE Joe Horvath - Stevens Point
DL Mark Scarpinato - Milwaukee Marquette (also holds offers from Illinois State, Wofford, Western Michigan, Indiana, Florida International, Central Michigan, Army & Akron)
LB Derek Watt - Pewaukee (also holds offers from Western Michigan, Northern Illinois, Illinois State, Miami (OH), Akron & Central Michigan)
DB Trae Waynes -Kenosha Bradford

Tatanka
06-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Might this be the year UND gets a recruit over NDSU???

Mr. Burgundy
06-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Might this be the year UND gets a recruit over NDSU???

I think it will be. The odds are in their favor anyway. Their lack of conference has killed them within the region. Eventually a player will take their playing time promise and realize they can play earlier based on their lack of depth. (Not smack, just fact).

jarhead
06-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Rivals 2011 recruiting site lists 41 players of interest so far but Vick (basketball recruit) and Gefroh (2010 recruit) should be excluded.

ttp://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results

Grizzled
06-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the info Marlins. I agree with Burgandy, this year maybe a recruit will go to UND for the reasons listed and also their postseason inelgibility is winding down. Even though they won't make the playoffs just not being elgible is huge to recruits.

Still, I like where our recruiting efforts have been the last few years. Our coaching staff forced a change in the way recruiting is done by schools our size in this region and our coaching staff is also really starting to make a name for themselves in the Twin Cities.

Tatanka
06-13-2010, 09:31 PM
++ Leaders lead, and the rest have a nice view of our hindquarters.

bisonhusker
06-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Ben Muff from Nebraska seems to be enjoying NDSU's interest.

A starter since his sophomore season, Muff has established himself as one of the top athletes in the state. In track this past spring, he turned in a 10.9-second 100-meters. Despite his athletic accomplishments, he has yet to receive his first scholarship offer. He admitted, however, that he is starting to get his fair share of looks from college recruiters.

"I'm getting a lot of correspondence and attention from North Dakota State, North Dakota, South Dakota State, South Dakota, Colorado State, Nebraska and Kansas State," Muff said. "The only camp I've been to thus far is Nebraska but I plan to go to Kansas this Friday (6/18) and to Kansas State on Saturday (6/19). I also plan to get to North Dakota and North Dakota State before the summer is over."

"As far as favorites, Nebraska is definitely up there, along with North Dakota State and Kansas State. It would be pretty hard to turn down a scholarship offer from Nebraska. Me and my whole family have grown up Husker fans."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Ben-Muff-108508

Tatanka
06-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Ben Muff from Nebraska seems to be enjoying NDSU's interest.

A starter since his sophomore season, Muff has established himself as one of the top athletes in the state. In track this past spring, he turned in a 10.9-second 100-meters. Despite his athletic accomplishments, he has yet to receive his first scholarship offer. He admitted, however, that he is starting to get his fair share of looks from college recruiters.

"I'm getting a lot of correspondence and attention from North Dakota State, North Dakota, South Dakota State, South Dakota, Colorado State, Nebraska and Kansas State," Muff said. "The only camp I've been to thus far is Nebraska but I plan to go to Kansas this Friday (6/18) and to Kansas State on Saturday (6/19). I also plan to get to North Dakota and North Dakota State before the summer is over."

"As far as favorites, Nebraska is definitely up there, along with North Dakota State and Kansas State. It would be pretty hard to turn down a scholarship offer from Nebraska. Me and my whole family have grown up Husker fans."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Ben-Muff-108508

Please just tell me he's not a kickoff/punt returner and I'll let it go.

By the way, look again at the list of interest, and look at the list of his favorites. That's pretty damn cool.

DjKyRo
06-14-2010, 09:41 PM

So what this amounts to is his top list being Nebraska, NDSU and KSU? I'll take that competition. :)

Mr. Burgundy
06-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Please just tell me he's not a kickoff/punt returner and I'll let it go.

By the way, look again at the list of interest, and look at the list of his favorites. That's pretty damn cool.

I read the article on rivals about him that Bisonhusker had posted and the Huskers had him working out at Outside Linebacker. This is a big kid with a motor. I love how kids talk about NDSU being in their favorites. Can't have enough speed.

OnTheFifty
06-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Osseo, Minnesota wide receiver Jameer Jackson.

he has attended the Iowa State camp, and plans on attending camps at Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota State in the future.

Jackson said North Dakota has offered him a scholarship.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesotapreps/football/recruiting/player-Jameer-Jackson-107054

Hambone
06-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Osseo, Minnesota wide receiver Jameer Jackson.

he has attended the Iowa State camp, and plans on attending camps at Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota State in the future.

Jackson said North Dakota has offered him a scholarship.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesotapreps/football/recruiting/player-Jameer-Jackson-107054

So are you assuming that by North Dakota he means the North Dakota State?

OnTheFifty
06-15-2010, 03:14 PM
So are you assuming that by North Dakota he means the North Dakota State?

Good point..glance over that....could be UND.

bisonhusker
06-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Jackson has had a handful of big name schools asking about his services. He has been to the Minnesota and Nebraska junior day and will be going to Northwestern's and Winona State's later this month.

Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin, North Dakota State, Air Force have been contacting him and a Wyoming coach came to see him recently.

Now focused strictly on football, Jackson should be able to put together another solid season and turn some of these contacts into offers.

I found that in a March 9th Rivals article. Looks like it was NDSU.

Bison bison
06-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Connor McGovern - man among boys.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/282018/group/homepage/

Saw the kid play in the state championship game, he's a MONSTER player.

DjKyRo
06-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Took a look at rivals, I'll make a more exhaustive post once I'm off work but one recruit looks pretty legit: Videl Nelson (search didn't reveal any hits here on BV so sorry if it's a repost), OLB out of Kansas City. Offers from NDSU and Wyoming, interest from Mizzou, Iowa, Minnesota and Ole Miss. Looks we're finally hitting the Kansas City area and are really going after some Nebraska dudes (I'm looking at you, husker!).

Summary to come later tonight.

Hambone
06-17-2010, 02:10 AM
For about the past week, Vidal Nelson has shown up as a Sioux offer, but today was switched to a Bison offer. 3 Star linebacker prospect with an offer from Wyoming.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Videl-Nelson-108773?colleges=show#college_choices

Also an offer out to an Illinois QB, Mark Iannotti who has an offer from USD.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mark-Iannotti-115102

Sorry - I misspelled the first name so that might be why you didn't get any hits....:(

ndsubison1
06-17-2010, 02:30 AM
It would be huge to get a commitment from McGovern sometime before the season. Crossing my fingers...

Mr. Burgundy
06-17-2010, 04:17 AM
If McGovern isn't scared of depth, he will be a Bison.

BisonNeil
06-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Connor McGovern - man among boys.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/282018/group/homepage/

Saw the kid play in the state championship game, he's a MONSTER player.

A more updated and longer article on Connor.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/282064/group/Sports/

Connor is also very intelligent and he wants to be pre-med at the school he goes to. UND has a definite advantage in this regard, but somehow I anticipate he will be getting some FBS offers so the competition between NDSU and UND may be moot. Hope not. His parents and grandfather are TeamMakers, so that is a plus on our side of the ledger.

Grizzled
06-17-2010, 01:03 PM
I know Connor is working hard this summer in hopes of getting an FBS offer. At one time I know Missouri was very interested and he was hoping they would maybe offer. One other thing in our favor is a certain coach at Shanley has pretty good knowledge of how things work at NDSU ;)

bisontwice
06-17-2010, 01:51 PM
2 former shanley players also are at NDSU currently. no advantage of going to UND just because he is looking to go pre-med as other players have gone to med school from NDSU as well

Kermit
06-17-2010, 02:11 PM
no advantage of going to UND just because he is looking to go pre-med as other players have gone to med school from NDSU as well

Absolutely true. Some former Bison athletes who are now physicians include: Matt Roller, football (now a neurologist in GF), Matt Nelsen, men's BB (orthopedic surgeon in Fargo), and Dawn Mattern, women's BB (sports medicine in Minot).

56BISON73
06-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Absolutely true. Some former Bison athletes who are now physicians include: Matt Roller, football (now a neurologist in GF), Matt Nelsen, men's BB (orthopedic surgeon in Fargo), and Dawn Mattern, women's BB (sports medicine in Minot).

Mark Askew(football) an orthopedic surgeon in Fargo as well. He went to UND for med school then Michigan.
Tim Mjos also.

westnodak93bison
06-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Mark Askew(football) an orthopedic surgeon in Fargo as well. He went to UND for med school then Michigan.
Tim Mjos also.

Dr. Doug Hushka

johnson
06-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Travis Beck was named the ND region 5 class B baseball senior athlete of the year. I keep hearing good things about this ND product.

Thunder_Struck
06-18-2010, 02:02 AM
Beachy.......

westnodak93bison
06-18-2010, 01:38 PM
If McGovern isn't scared of depth, he will be a Bison.

Does he have any family connections to NDSU?

BisonNeil
06-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Does he have any family connections to NDSU?

None that I know of, but his dad does like to wear green.

An article on Connor on Scout.com. He is at the Gopher camp this weekend.

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/978307.html

I think he is a better prospect than Josh Campion was. I would be surprised if Brewster doesn't offer.

Tatanka
06-18-2010, 03:28 PM

Is it a manly forest green, or is it a color you'd see on an ascot or dickie?

Bison"FANatic"
06-18-2010, 03:55 PM

An article on Connor on Scout.com. He is at the Gopher camp this weekend.

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/978307.html

I think he is a better prospect than Josh Campion was. I would be surprised if Brewster doesn't offer.

But if the kid wants to win he will not be a gopher. I am not saying he will choose the Bison but If he goes FBS I hope he goes to winning team and not a doormat.

ndsubison1
06-18-2010, 04:11 PM
But Connor's from ND and they dont recruit in this area :)

BisonNeil
06-18-2010, 05:32 PM
But Connor's from ND and they dont recruit in this area :)

I know you meant this humorously, and it is, but I think you nailed it. Brewster is a proud man and that fact alone could keep him from offering Connor.

And to answer a previous question, Connor's dad likes manly greens :)

BadlandsBison
06-18-2010, 11:00 PM
I thought Bohl isn't supposed to waste his time on ND kids and just get Minnesota players :)

Bryan
06-19-2010, 01:34 AM
Conner had a very impressive showing at MN big man camp today

EndZoneQB
06-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Conner had a very impressive showing at MN big man camp today

Oh god, please tell me he didn't do any work with McHale!

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=generic.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/29783/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/29783/612/richmedia/kevin_mchale_big_man_camp.mp3?CCOMRRMID=4490194&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=&NG_ID=&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=612&SERVER_NAME=www.kfan.com&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&TRACK=Kevin_McHales_Big_Man_Camp

aces1180
06-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Oh god, please tell me he didn't do any work with McHale!

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=generic.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/29783/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/29783/612/richmedia/kevin_mchale_big_man_camp.mp3?CCOMRRMID=4490194&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=&NG_ID=&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=612&SERVER_NAME=www.kfan.com&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&TRACK=Kevin_McHales_Big_Man_Camp

+1

10 char.

Marlins
06-20-2010, 02:18 AM

Waynes just picked up offers from Michigan State, Iowa State and Bowling Green, so it appears very unlikely he'll be a Bison.

Bryan
06-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Conner had an even better second day at Lineman Camp and was pulled aside by Brewster and OL coach Davis several times and also got a long talk from the coaches with his dad after other players had left. They said they didn't know much about him previous to the camp and wanted to look at film and would decide about an offer after that.

EndZoneQB
06-20-2010, 04:04 PM
+1

10 char.

I'm sort of disappointed only you got a laugh out of that lol

ndsubison1
06-22-2010, 05:04 AM
I hope Shaq Jenkins verbals soon

OnTheFifty
06-22-2010, 12:12 PM
I like this guy:

Grayson Levine - Eden Prairie (MN) - Safety

No offers yet but has been to Iowa State, Kansas, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan State, & Western Michigan. He is also going to Wisconsin and North Dakota State next week.

"I'm looking for the best fit for me. I'm not really into the whole city school thing. Like the U (Minnesota) is more urban, and I like open areas. Wisconsin is a good mix of both. I'm also looking for a good business school...."

http://easternmichigan.scout.com/2/964952.html

stevdock
06-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks for doing that. Much easier to read than going through the whole other thread. I know it's early, but are we so far a little thin in going after offensive linemen?? I think I counted 3. My guess is this is an area where we need to bring in at least 3 with every recruiting class, or am I way off on that?

lakesbison
06-22-2010, 05:36 PM
its early, we need to jump on the skill players first, lineman second.

ndsubison1
06-22-2010, 05:54 PM
i think d-linemen should be the first ones you jump on

Tatanka
06-23-2010, 09:50 PM
I like this guy:

No offers yet but has been to Iowa State, Kansas, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan State, & Western Michigan. He is also going to Wisconsin and North Dakota State next week.

"I'm looking for the best fit for me. I'm not really into the whole city school thing. Like the U (Minnesota) is more urban, and I like open areas. Wisconsin is a good mix of both. I'm also looking for a good business school...."

Awesome that NDSU is in the mix here. and if dude likes open areas, well, advantage Fargo!

Hambone
06-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Awesome that NDSU is in the mix here. and if dude likes open areas, well, advantage Fargo!

Does he talk about SU in a different article? Didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the one posted.....

Bison bison
06-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Big QB recruit

Joel Stave, 6-foot-5, 210-pound from Greenfield (WI) Whitnall.

North Dakota State was at his school recently along with Akron. Also has the Big Ten teams wanting to come to their camps to evaluate.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/wisconsinpreps/football/recruiting/player-Joel-Stave-104551

Joel's had a big summer, I think he's gonna get an offer from a big ten school or four, but if not...

very happy to hear that NDSU is pursuing him. great athlete, great kid.

Tatanka
06-24-2010, 02:28 AM
Does he talk about SU in a different article? Didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the one posted.....

I like this guy:

Didn't necessarily read the article but I bolded the portion that caught my eye.

EndZoneQB
06-24-2010, 02:40 AM
Didn't necessarily read the article but I bolded the portion that caught my eye.

Click the article...it doesn't even mention NDSU.

Tatanka
06-24-2010, 02:51 AM
OK. OnTheFifty, what say you? What oriface did you pull that info out of?

OnTheFifty
06-24-2010, 11:47 AM
OK. OnTheFifty, what say you? What oriface did you pull that info out of?

Relax guys....I am not like Lakes and pull things out of my a$$, claim to have a contact in every city, or go around jock sniffing.

Lets just say....You just dont go to a game and sit "OnTheFifty", you normally have to have a connection, or know someone\something.

Maybe more to come later....

lakesbison
06-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Onthefifty, i dont claim,..i know! jealouyy will get you nowhere.

DjKyRo
06-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Onthefifty, i dont claim,..i know! jealouyy will get you nowhere.

You heard the man, jealouyy will get you nowhere! :D

Mr. Burgundy
06-25-2010, 02:39 AM
There is a thread on gopherhole wondering the status of Josh Campion, one guy said the last he heard he was going to NDSU. Intersting. Obviously he hasn't played in a while, and I am not sure his eligibility status, but he was/is quite a talent. Plus, his brother was a stud for us.

Bison bison
06-25-2010, 02:41 AM
If Josh calls, I think we pick up the phone! :)

Da_Bison
06-25-2010, 04:05 AM
it'd be pretty damn sweet if we got both Campion and Westphal and Marcus Williams was ready to play

Kermit
06-25-2010, 05:59 AM
it'd be pretty damn sweet if we got both Campion and Westphal and Marcus Williams was ready to play

From an excellent source: Marcus Williams is eligible.

On a recent day he lifted weights, took part in football conditioning, played 7-on-7, then played some basketball at a very high level. He doesn't seem to get tired. He has great speed and quickness and excellent strength too.

I can't wait to see him on the football field and (I hope) on the basketball court.

DjKyRo
06-25-2010, 07:31 AM
From an excellent source: Marcus Williams is eligible.

On a recent day he lifted weights, took part in football conditioning, played 7-on-7, then played some basketball at a very high level. He doesn't seem to get tired. He has great speed and quickness and excellent strength too.

I can't wait to see him on the football field and (I hope) on the basketball court.

http://tristanlouthrobins.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/hooray.jpg

Great to hear Kermit!

Bison bison
06-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Joel's had a big summer, I think he's gonna get an offer from a big ten school or four, but if not...

very happy to hear that NDSU is pursuing him. great athlete, great kid.

Joel's at camp today. Hopefully he likes Fargo...

Mr. Burgundy
06-26-2010, 03:31 AM
The Nebraska Rivals boards are talking about Daniel Davie running a 4.23 and 4.28 40's today indoor at our camp. He has already accepted his offer from Nebraska. The guy who writes for rivals on their board said that we have a very good relationship with Beatrice High and their coach and that he came with 12 teammates to our camp. Stated we were the first team to offer and was hoping Bigtime D1 schools weren't going to come after him. His track times eliminated us. Pretty impressive athlete. We have signed Hinz and Bruhn from Beatrice, NE in the last two classes. There were something like 500 kids at camp today.

ndsubison1
06-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Love the Nebraska pipeline we are starting! A lot of diamonds in the rough down there.

Kermit
06-27-2010, 04:15 AM
Love the Nebraska pipeline we are starting! A lot of diamonds in the rough down there.

Absolutely! Also there is a pretty big gap in the college football opportunities available in state between the Huskers and D2! Then you throw in Bohl's connections and you have to wonder what took so long?

BisonNeil
06-27-2010, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=Kermit;376715]Absolutely! Also there is a pretty big gap in the college football opportunities available in state between the Huskers and D2! Then you throw in Bohl's connections and you have to wonder what took so long?[QUOTE]

With the 2005-2008 recruiting classes, 2004 and 2007 being possible exceptions, I just don't think the coaches were working all that hard on recruiting. The proof is in the pudding with the last two seasons. Vigen was the coordinator and with a lot of coaches in and out of the program (i.e., turnover) and with changing geographical responsibilities, I think it was a difficult situation. They simply didn't get it done in my estimation.

The last two years under Polasek as the coordinator have been much different. The man is a dyno.

westnodak93bison
06-27-2010, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=Kermit;376715]Absolutely! Also there is a pretty big gap in the college football opportunities available in state between the Huskers and D2! Then you throw in Bohl's connections and you have to wonder what took so long?[QUOTE]

With the 2005-2008 recruiting classes, 2004 and 2007 being possible exceptions, I just don't think the coaches were working all that hard on recruiting. The proof is in the pudding with the last two seasons. Vigen was the coordinator and with a lot of coaches in and out of the program (i.e., turnover) and with changing geographical responsibilities, I think it was a difficult situation. They simply didn't get it done in my estimation.

The last two years under Polasek as the coordinator have been much different. The man is a dyno.

Yes he is and I wouldn't bet against him turning our special teams around.

Hambone
06-28-2010, 04:48 PM
New offer for the Bison:

TE Jamison Lalk Council Bluffs, Iowa Abraham Lincoln 6'6" 245 4.8 - has offers from, Illinois State, USD and UND

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jamison-Lalk-111972?colleges=show#college_choices

jarhead
06-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Some new names:
Josh Ferguson, Naperville, IL, RB, 5' 8", 169#, 4.6 sec. 40, offer
Marquise Cushon, raytown, MO, Ath., 5' 8" 160#, offer
Jordan Bardwell, Northfield, MN, QB/S, 6' 3", 190#, 4.6 sec. 40, interest
Evan Campbell, Staley H.S., Kansas City, MO, RB, 5' 8", 180#, 4.44 sec. 40
interest
Noah Pearl, Rockhurst H. S., Kansas City MO, CB, 6' 0", 186# interest

Marlins
06-29-2010, 03:09 AM
NDSU has offered Madison (WI) Memorial DB Jordan Fredrick (6-3, 210) who most likely projects as an OLB at the college level.

Article: http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1163486

Player Profile: http://wissports.net/sports/football/teamplayer.asp?pid=111432&tid=1024

EndZoneQB
06-29-2010, 03:15 AM
NDSU has offered Madison (WI) Memorial DB Jordan Fredrick (6-3, 210) who most likely projects as an OLB at the college level.

Article: http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1163486

Player Profile: http://wissports.net/sports/football/teamplayer.asp?pid=111432&tid=1024

Wow, not afraid to offer even tho he's got the Big Ten offer..I like it!

Marlins
06-29-2010, 03:26 AM
Wow, not afraid to offer even tho he's got the Big Ten offer..I like it!

Certainly can't hurt. I mean look at the offer list that Juckem held and he still picked NDSU. Granted his DI-FBS options were on the east coast and west coast and not close to home like Iowa.

SDbison
06-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Looks like there are a bunch of new names to add to the offer list. Who is maintaining this list?
Some new names from recruiting thread..............
New offer for the Bison:
TE Jamison Lalk Council Bluffs, Iowa Abraham Lincoln 6'6" 245 4.8 - also has offers from, Illinois State, USD and UND
Josh Ferguson, Naperville, IL, RB, 5' 8", 169#, 4.6 sec. 40, offer
Marquise Cushon, raytown, MO, Ath., 5' 8" 160#, offer
Jordan Bardwell, Northfield, MN, QB/S, 6' 3", 190#, 4.6 sec. 40, interest
Evan Campbell, Staley H.S., Kansas City, MO, RB, 5' 8", 180#, 4.44 sec. 40, interest
Noah Pearl, Rockhurst H. S., Kansas City MO, CB, 6' 0", 186# interest
NDSU has offered Madison (WI) Memorial DB Jordan Fredrick (6-3, 210) most likely an OLB at the college level.

jarhead
06-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks Marlin. Another offer:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Nate-Skold-108301

Hambone
06-29-2010, 04:26 PM

That's one tall dude.....

SDbison
06-29-2010, 04:30 PM

Here are some details......would be awesome to sign this kid!

Nate Skold, OT, Westside H.S., Omaha, NE

Ht:6'8"
Wt:280 lbs
40:5.6 secs
Vertical:23 inches
GPA:3.35
ACT:24
Class:2011 (High School)

johnson
06-30-2010, 03:21 AM
Trae Waynes picked up an offer from Wisconsin.

http://wisconsin.rivals.com/

bisonhusker
07-01-2010, 02:58 PM
More info on the big boy down in Omaha. Sounds like Tulane and NDSU are in the lead. Also has offers from UND and USD.

You aren't going to find too many offensive linemen that possess the physical tools of Omaha (Neb.) Westside's Nate Skold.

Standing at 6-foot-8, 280 pounds, Skold has the size and athletic ability to be a successful lineman at the next level. After attending camps at Iowa State, Kansas, North Dakota and North Dakota State, word has gotten around about Skold and he just landed his first Division I offer from Tulane, along with offers from FCS schools North Dakota State, North Dakota and South Dakota.

"I got a lot of compliments about my pass blocking," Skold said. "North Dakota State said my pass blocking is what got me an offer. They said I was the best pass pro blocker they have seen at camp."

"I would say right now Tulane and North Dakota State are my top two," Skold said. "I really like Kansas too, but I'm not sure where I sit with them. They want to see more film and Iowa State wants to watch me play a game this fall."

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1098855

Kermit
07-01-2010, 03:05 PM
More info on the big boy down in Omaha. Sounds like Tulane and NDSU are in the lead. Also has offers from UND and USD.

You aren't going to find too many offensive linemen that possess the physical tools of Omaha (Neb.) Westside's Nate Skold.

Standing at 6-foot-8, 280 pounds, Skold has the size and athletic ability to be a successful lineman at the next level. After attending camps at Iowa State, Kansas, North Dakota and North Dakota State, word has gotten around about Skold and he just landed his first Division I offer from Tulane, along with offers from FCS schools North Dakota State, North Dakota and South Dakota.

"I got a lot of compliments about my pass blocking," Skold said. "North Dakota State said my pass blocking is what got me an offer. They said I was the best pass pro blocker they have seen at camp."

"I would say right now Tulane and North Dakota State are my top two," Skold said. "I really like Kansas too, but I'm not sure where I sit with them. They want to see more film and Iowa State wants to watch me play a game this fall."

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1098855

6'8" and an outstanding pass blocker? Sounds like a prototypical left tackle! The kind that are very difficult to find at the FCS level. If this guy is for real, there will be more offers to come, but it is great that we are one of the leaders at this point.

bisonhusker
07-01-2010, 03:30 PM
5 hour drive to Fargo, stay in the midwest, multiple other Nebraska kids on the team....or go to Tulane. Come on son.

ndsubison1
07-01-2010, 03:31 PM
I have a feeling Nebraska will be offering this guy

jarhead
07-01-2010, 07:32 PM
another name

http://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Brock-Sherman-94736

EndZoneQB
07-01-2010, 07:37 PM
another name

http://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Brock-Sherman-94736

Number 8 prospect in the state of NE. Nice!

Marlins
07-02-2010, 12:21 AM
NDSU has offered Hayward (WI) DE Ben Rasmussen (6-4, 230).

Rasmussen lists scholarship offers from Eastern Michigan, Illinois State, North Dakota, South Dakota, Western Illinois, Eastern Illinois, North Dakota State and Harvard.

Article: http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1163862

Player Profile: http://wissports.net/sports/football/teamplayer.asp?pid=109072&tid=1386

jarhead
07-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Another one:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Ryan-Randall-107557

jarhead
07-02-2010, 11:49 AM
An article about Ryan Randall's wrestling season:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100216/HIGHSCHOOLS/702169776

OldBison
07-02-2010, 03:06 PM
NDSU has offered Hayward (WI) DE Ben Rasmussen (6-4, 230).

Rasmussen lists scholarship offers from Eastern Michigan, Illinois State, North Dakota, South Dakota, Western Illinois, Eastern Illinois, North Dakota State and Harvard.

Article: http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1163862

Player Profile: http://wissports.net/sports/football/teamplayer.asp?pid=109072&tid=1386

You gotta love his academics, hence his Harvard offer :nod: He would fit right in with the #1 FCS APR team in the nation :D

jarhead
07-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Kyle Christensen is listed as a tight end but made the all-city team in Madison as a LB.

http://fe1.rivals.sports.ac4.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Kyle-Christensen-116110

jarhead
07-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Another name to digest:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Aarin-Smith-113772

jarhead
07-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Some info on Aarin. He is being recruited by Fresno St. but ours is the only offer listed so far. He was also selected by the coaches at the Stanford Nike camp as The MVP at LB.

Best in one-on-ones: Aarin Smith
NIKE Coaches' LB MVP: Aarin Smith, 6-1, 186, Central (Fresno, Calif.)

Aarin Smith is an undersized kid and may move safety in college, but had a great day with the linebackers. He’s fast and a great all-around athlete. Excelled in the pass rush drills and was extremely physical mauling the running backs. Also showed great cover skills and should have a seamless transition to safety if he can’t put the weight on to stay at linebacker. Fiery leader who challenged the other players in his group.

Kermit
07-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Some info on Aarin. He is being recruited by Fresno St. but ours is the only offer listed so far. He was also selected by the coaches at the Stanford Nike camp as The MVP at LB.

Best in one-on-ones: Aarin Smith
NIKE Coaches' LB MVP: Aarin Smith, 6-1, 186, Central (Fresno, Calif.)

Aarin Smith is an undersized kid and may move safety in college, but had a great day with the linebackers. He’s fast and a great all-around athlete. Excelled in the pass rush drills and was extremely physical mauling the running backs. Also showed great cover skills and should have a seamless transition to safety if he can’t put the weight on to stay at linebacker. Fiery leader who challenged the other players in his group.

Love that report! Thanks, jarhead!

EndZoneQB
07-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Damn, he's a 3 star kid too!

jarhead
07-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Jordan Frederick has verbaled to the Badgers according to Wissports.

jarhead
07-07-2010, 01:07 AM
55 names and counting:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Ezekiel-Okeleye-116191

Hambone
07-10-2010, 01:08 PM
A couple Bison offers that committed elsewhere.

Ben Rasmussen committed to Harvard
Derek Watt committed to Northwestern
Jordan Fredrick committed to Wisconsin

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ben-Rasmussen-101176

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Derek-Watt-108050

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jordan-Fredrick-109289

SDbison
07-10-2010, 01:47 PM
DjKyRo when are you gonig to update your original post? Since you started this you should add the new info now and then.

DjKyRo
07-10-2010, 01:55 PM
I'll do you one better SD - Tony, I believe on vbulletin boards you can switch posters of posts (I know it can be done on phpbb), could you make SD the original poster so that he can edit it? I went through a LOT of links to put together the original list and don't have the eyesight or motivation to go through a bunch more, to be honest.

Not to mention I just got off a twelve hour night shift and am going to pass out pretty quick here... :o

SDbison
07-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I'll do you one better SD - Tony, I believe on vbulletin boards you can switch posters of posts (I know it can be done on phpbb), could you make SD the original poster so that he can edit it? I went through a LOT of links to put together the original list and don't have the eyesight or motivation to go through a bunch more, to be honest.

Not to mention I just got off a twelve hour night shift and am going to pass out pretty quick here... :o
I would be more than happy to do it Dj. :D

tony
07-12-2010, 02:33 PM
To me, the 2011 recruiting season doesn't start until there is a report of the first verbal. At that time, I'll split up the posts and start maintaining things like last year.

SDbison
07-12-2010, 05:50 PM
To me, the 2011 recruiting season doesn't start until there is a report of the first verbal. At that time, I'll split up the posts and start maintaining things like last year.
Thanks Tony! I think I referred to the recruiting summary thread more than anything else during the past year.

Hambone
07-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Bison offeree Trae Waynes committed to Michigan State

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trae-Waynes-101171

jarhead
07-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Ditto for Mark Scarpinato:

http://www.wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1165691

Minneapolis Jack
07-13-2010, 11:07 PM
You can cross DE Ben Rasmussen off the list too (if he was ever on the list)

He's going to Harvard http://www.wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1165148

Not sure why he turned down USD, don't they promote themselves as "The Harvard of the Plains"

jarhead
07-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Names of interest:

Devin Bass: CB, 5' 10", 170#, 4.5, Omaha, NB

Jesse Forte: OLB, 6', 200#, 4.71, Avondale, AZ

Matthew Inman: ILB, 5' 10", 215#, 4.8, Anaheim, CA

Alex Meier: S, 6' 2", 200#, 4.72, Anoka, MN

Noah Pearl: CB, 6', 186#, K. C., MO

Anthony Ridder: S/OLB, 6'2", 195, 4.7, West Pt., NB

EndZoneQB
07-14-2010, 10:54 PM

Time to do it up! First verbal of the year: Alex Meier from Anoka. 6'2'' 200lb Safety. Looks like a good start!

sway1331
07-18-2010, 01:51 PM
AZ Republic lists Matt Jones a RB as one of the best backs in the state. NDSU has an offer to him as well as Air Force with interest from Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Northern Arizona per Rivals.

No. 7 Matt Jones
School: Horizon
Class: Senior
Running behind a young, small, inexperienced offensive line last year, Jones still managed to top 1,000 rushing yards. He's worked hard this summer to get stronger and faster. With a better line, watch out.
By: Richard Obert/The Arizona Republic

AZ Republic also lists his teammate Ryan Stanford a QB as the one of the best QBs in the state. NDSU currently has the only offer out to Ryan with interest from from several BCS schools.

No. 7 Ryan Stanford
School: Horizon, Phoenix
Class: Senior
This 6-foot-3, 185-pound, third-year starter is so good at spreading the field with his myriad weapons. His only offer is from North Dakota State but that could change after a few games with an experienced line giving him more time to make plays.
By: Richard Obert/The Arizona Republic

Hammersmith
07-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Apparently we have 35 offers out right now.

Offers:
NDSU 35
UND 21
USD 20
SDSU 6

In other news, NDSU is the big bad for changing the recruiting timeline in the region, and Stig likes to get to know the recruit before offering because he's looking for that certain character.

Cue Burgundy in 3..2..1..

Football recruiting scene changing fast (http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100718/SPORTS02/7180312/1002/sports)(TV/Argus Leader)

SDbison
07-18-2010, 03:51 PM

Offers:
NDSU 35
UND 21
USD 20
SDSU 6

In other news, NDSU is the big bad for changing the recruiting timeline in the region, and Stig likes to get to know the recruit before offering because he's looking for that certain character.

Football recruiting scene changing fast (http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100718/SPORTS02/7180312/1002/sports)(TV/Argus Leader)

I guess SDSU just recruits better with less...........ha ha!
When I read the article I couldn't believe all the bitterness and jeolousy. You would think NDSU went to a playoff game last year. And I guess Stig's slow cook process will just have to speed up now. The USD coach says we are not FBS so why should we have to recruit like them? Well duh, if you are going to get the best recruits sitting on the fence between subdivisions you better be there when they decide to jump and get them before another FCS team.
So is it possible that luck plays into a recruits development more than what everyone is willing to admit. Not that it is the biggest factor, but the way a recruit pans out is determined by several unknowns. Will he grow physically and mature mentally? Can he adjust to the faster and more complicated college game? Will he get homesick, start failing in the classroom or get in trouble with the law?
Maybe Stig got a little lucky and NDSU a little unlucky with recruits over the past 2 or 3 years. The pieces of the puzzle just fell into place for SDSU and it wasn't some unbelievable recruiting Stig did. More likely a bunch of recruits stepped it up for SDSU, they played well as a team, got some confidence by beating NDSU when unexpected, and the Brookings police looked the other way a few times (there is a reason the police blotter looks so clean and it isn't because of character).
On paper SDSU has the better record over the past couple years and that can't be denied. There are a bunch of reasons for this and the overstated theory is Stig is the best recruiter / player developer in the midwest or country for that matter. I call BS. If Stig was so good why did he have so many years of mediocrity at DII level? Lets just see how long this run of good fortune lasts for SDSU football before claiming the birth of a dynasty.

NDSUstudent
07-18-2010, 05:20 PM
That article pretty much just confirms how well we did on the recruiting trail last year. The SD coaches can gripe all they want but they wouldn't be changing if what we did wasn't effective.

Hambone
07-18-2010, 05:29 PM

Offers:
NDSU 35
UND 21
USD 20
SDSU 6

Not sure how accurate those numbers are, as I'm pretty sure that UND has more than 21. I thought I read in the UND FB blog that they had about 35 offers extended during the spring recruiting period.

Hammersmith
07-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Not sure how accurate those numbers are, as I'm pretty sure that UND has more than 21. I thought I read in the UND FB blog that they had about 35 offers extended during the spring recruiting period.

I'm sure it's what TV got from your athletic department. Now, maybe your staff wasn't completely honest with TV, or maybe many of your 35 have accepted offers from other schools and the UND number reflects that. I don't really know, but those are the numbers from the article. Such is the world when trying to follow college recruiting. ;)

OldBison
07-18-2010, 09:01 PM

Since all Mussman does is follow around NDSU and offer the same kids scholarships after NDSU has, that would make sense :D

56BISON73
07-18-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm sure it's what TV got from your athletic department. Now, maybe your staff wasn't completely honest with TV, or maybe many of your 35 have accepted offers from other schools and the UND number reflects that. I don't really know, but those are the numbers from the article. Such is the world when trying to follow college recruiting. ;)

Better hope that all 35 dont accept as I think 25 is the limit on a signing class.

steelbison
07-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Better hope that all 35 dont accept as I think 25 is the limit on a signing class.

56 as I'm sure your aware, when an offer is accepted other offers are pulled. Depending on position and where the player is ranked.

SDbison
07-19-2010, 03:00 PM
56 as I'm sure your aware, when an offer is accepted other offers are pulled. Depending on position and where the player is ranked.
I think it is best to not pull too many scholarships because a team can get bad rep for new recruits and it can demoralize the players.

Bison"FANatic"
07-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Probably over 1/2 of those 35 are going to FBS though and maybe one or two will decide to take our offer. Also they are probably tweeners as they are on the edge of FBS or FCS. Starting a relationship now and having contact with them will probably serve us well in the future if these players get buried on FBS depth charts and are looking to transfer. You kind of are also doing some recruiting for 2-3 years from now that may come into play.

lakesbison
07-19-2010, 05:01 PM
what he said.

DUHHHHHHHhh 50% or more of NDSU offers are to kids that are going to FBS. We'll be taking the kids that want a better option at playing right away at the FCS level instead of sitting.

of course Und's was 35, because NDSU's was. its so visibly transparent what they're doing and who they are trying to "put the SCREWS to" . kids are smart nowadays, they read the message boards, they know bull when they see it now.

56BISON73
07-19-2010, 05:09 PM

Usually with a reputable program that is not the case. Most teams will tell the recruit that they have an offer out their but if the player doesnt accept then the scholly is theirs. Very rarely have I heard of a school who dangles a scholly out there to pull it later when another commits.

Pulling an offer shows very bad form unless its for charachter or academic issues.

steelbison
07-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Usually with a reputable program that is not the case. Most teams will tell the recruit that they have an offer out their but if the player doesnt accept then the scholly is theirs. Very rarely have I heard of a school who dangles a scholly out there to pull it later when another commits.

Pulling an offer shows very bad form unless its for charachter or academic issues.

Your correct. it is monday morning. They do have a plan A,B,C,D the player usually knows this. But I know for a fact depending on who accepts scholarship offers they can get pulled back. It happened to my brother.

This was not a NDSU offer. But let's just say that their top 25 out of the 35 offers accept tomorrow. They would have to pull the others off the table.

What else could they do?