PDA

View Full Version : TSN Picking Coyotes To Win

Capn_Cat
09-23-2010, 09:21 PM
NO. 21 SOUTH DAKOTA (2-1) AT NO. 18 NORTH DAKOTA STATE (2-1)

Kickoff: 7 p.m.

Series record: North Dakota State leads, 48-25-2

What to know: It is difficult to get a read on North Dakota State. Last year, the Bison finished the season with a 3-8 record. In the 2010 season opener, the team pulled off a surprising 6-3 win over Kansas of the FBS, but then lost a 16-9 contest to then-No. 13 Northern Iowa in Week 2. Last Saturday, the Bison handled Morgan State 35-9.

One thing is clear, the Bison defense is for real, allowing a paltry nine points per game. On offense, there is a big question: Who will start at quarterback? Redshirt freshman Brock Jensen staked a claim for the starting role, as he came off the bench in relief of concussed starter Jose Mohler to throw three touchdown passes in the win over Morgan State. Head coach Craig Bohl said he will not announce a starter until game time.

Regardless of who lines up at quarterback, the inexperienced offensive line should still suffer against the multiple fronts presented by South Dakota.
In contrast, South Dakota knows who its quarterback is - Dante Warren. Warren has been outstanding this season, and has proven that he can beat an opponent with his arms or his legs. He should provide the stout Bison with a significant challenge on Saturday.
Prediction: South Dakota, 28-20

Bisonguy
09-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Sweet! That's almost as much of a guaranteed Bison win as when Cap'n Cat picks against the Bison!

SDbison
09-23-2010, 11:58 PM

What to know: It is difficult to get a read on North Dakota State. Last year, the Bison finished the season with a 3-8 record. In the 2010 season opener, the team pulled off a surprising 6-3 win over Kansas of the FBS, but then lost a 16-9 contest to then-No. 13 Northern Iowa in Week 2. Last Saturday, the Bison handled Morgan State 35-9.

One thing is clear, the Bison defense is for real, allowing a paltry nine points per game. On offense, there is a big question: Who will start at quarterback? Redshirt freshman Brock Jensen staked a claim for the starting role, as he came off the bench in relief of concussed starter Jose Mohler to throw three touchdown passes in the win over Morgan State. Head coach Craig Bohl said he will not announce a starter until game time.

Regardless of who lines up at quarterback, the inexperienced offensive line should still suffer against the multiple fronts presented by South Dakota.
In contrast, South Dakota knows who its quarterback is - Dante Warren. Warren has been outstanding this season, and has proven that he can beat an opponent with his arms or his legs. He should provide the stout Bison with a significant challenge on Saturday.
WTF is TSN and who cares.

BisoninNWMN
09-24-2010, 12:02 AM

No sh**......who cares.

Boy their QB must be the 2nd coming of Donovan McNabb as a duel threat QB.

ndsubison1
09-24-2010, 12:06 AM
USD's defense sucks. We should be able to move the ball on them. Meanwhile, our defense is pretty good

bisonranch
09-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Fuel for the fire...

BisoninNWMN
09-24-2010, 12:24 AM
USD's defense sucks. We should be able to move the ball on them. Meanwhile, our defense is pretty good

So far it has been.

If our front 4 defensive lineman can get a consistent push on their QB and keep our LBers "free".....I do not see them moving the ball in big chunks. Our LBers are quick and should be able to contain their QB.

If the offense finds its running game.....watch-out yotes.

If we can run the ball....Bison win easily!!

lakesbison
09-24-2010, 12:26 AM
ha ha ha ha ha. idiots.

South Dakota at North Dakota State
Sat 9/25 585 South Dakota +9 -115
7:00PM 586 North Dakota State -9 -115

South Dakota State at Nebraska
Sat 9/25 447 South Dakota State +44 -110 o56 -115
7:00PM 448 Nebraska -44 -110 u56 -115

HA HA HA HA.

No_Skill
09-24-2010, 01:00 AM
ha ha ha ha ha. idiots.

HA HA HA HA.

44 point dogs! I'll take SDSU plus the points.

MNLonghorn10
09-24-2010, 01:05 AM

i wouldnt. nebraska actually has something that resembles an offense this year.

BisonBryce
09-24-2010, 01:18 AM
I like being underrated and having the media think one team will win. This just gives the herd some fuel for the fire!!

GO BISON!!!!

SDbison
09-24-2010, 02:24 AM
I like being underrated and having the media think one team will win. This just gives the herd some fuel for the fire!!

GO BISON!!!!
Hey Bryce what time is it over in Sydney Austrailia? Did you get a good job down under? How are the Aussie chicks. Sexiest woman I ever saw in person was an Australian who gave a presention when I was visiting Seagate in Minneapolis on a work project. Her looks along with the Aussie accent........Oh yeah! :nod:

westnodak93bison
09-24-2010, 03:45 AM
ha ha ha ha ha. idiots.

HA HA HA HA.

Holy shnikees...44 pt dogs. Ouch. If I were a betting man I'd take SDSU to beat the spread. I doubt NE will run it up that bad. I think they have a little more class than that.

ndsubison1
09-24-2010, 03:47 AM
SDSU +44
USD +9

I would easily take those bets

CaBisonFan
09-24-2010, 03:59 AM

Glad to see it. It seems like a pretty fair analysis. It should be a great game.

How does UNI stack up for this weekend? I don't keep up with their board or schedule. What happened last weekend? All I saw was the score. Too bad...so sad.

HerdBot
09-24-2010, 01:56 PM

I think it's a fair pick. At least he uses good reasoning.

MATCHUPS

Their offense vs. our defense. This is going to be a great matchup. No need to break it down. They make a lot of big plays and Dante Warren is a great duel threat QB. We don't give up many big plays on defense. We seemed to shut down the UNI QB's running threat after we adjusted but Warren is ten times the passer.
Edge: Even

Their defense vs. our offense. Our offense has been inconsistant. Their defense has been inconsistant. Who will win the matchup? The Gophers and CFU could do whatever they wanted. The Gophers didn't punt. They scored 38 points, had 2 fumbles, and were stopped on 4th and 1 twice. They could have had chip shot field goals but their coach is stupid. But our offense isn't as good as the Gophers or CFU. If we play like we did in the 4th quarter last week we will win this match up. If we play lilke we did in the first half we will lose. Very close, too many "what if's?"

Special teams. Don't know much about USD special teams except their kicker has struggled real bad. I don't think they have much confidence in him. They allowed a kickoff return for a TD vs a D. Our special teams have had 2 great games and a crappy one.
Edge Bison.

Intangibles: The game is bigger to South Dakota and they have less pressure. They will be confident.
Edge South Dakota

It may boil down to the home crowd. If we can cause multiple off side and false start penalties we will have an edge. If we're loud we can make the Fargodome the loudest place they have ever played in. Get to the game early and make excessive noise!

Winner: Flip a coin and the winner will win by a 3 points.

Either way I'm fired up!!

Scooter1
09-24-2010, 04:11 PM

There are some that say at least TSN is using good reasoning.....

1. They state that one thing is clear, the Bison defense is for real. If that is true then why do they predict that the Bison will give up as many points as they have through three games combined?

2. Inexperienced offensive line will suffer against the multiple fronts of USD?!? They do know that USD is giving up 30 PPG right? That number was sitting at 38 PPG before saturday's contest against an NAIA school.

3. USD has the advantage because they know who their QB is going to be?!?
I think that the QB from Kansas and UNI were pretty good QB's. NDSU does know who the QB is going to be...they just aren't telling TSN,USD or us.

4. TSN says we "pulled off a win" vs Kansas then lost to 13. UNI..as if losing to UNI by 7 at UNI is a huge black mark on NDSU's record. They continually bring up NDSU's 3-8 season, but neglect to state that USD lost to UNI by about 60 points last season.

5. So TSN thinks that NDSU will be held to 20 points in the FargoDome against a defense that gives up 30 PPG?!? That's only 6 more points than Northwestern Oklahoma State University scored at USD. They moved the ball on USD with the majority of their drives ending in turn overs. I would think that we would at least have a better offense than an NAIA school who also has a 56-13 loss to Colorado State University......wait for it....Peublo.

Bottom Line is this. If we shut down their QB and contain his running, this will be a long night for the Yotes. If we let USD hang in this game and get confidence, the game will be close. The Yotes have shown that they can be shut down on offense. The Bison D keeps getting better. If Willson is able to go this week the defense will be that much better.

NDSU 35 USD 20

OldBison
09-24-2010, 05:13 PM
I think it's a fair pick. At least he uses good reasoning.

MATCHUPS

Their offense vs. our defense. This is going to be a great matchup. No need to break it down. They make a lot of big plays and Dante Warren is a great duel threat QB. We don't give up many big plays on defense. We seemed to shut down the UNI QB's running threat after we adjusted but Warren is ten times the passer.

Their defense vs. our offense. Our offense has been inconsistant. Their defense has been inconsistant. Who will win the matchup? The Gophers and CFU could do whatever they wanted. The Gophers didn't punt. They scored 38 points, had 2 fumbles, and were stopped on 4th and 1 twice. They could have had chip shot field goals but their coach is stupid. But our offense isn't as good as the Gophers or CFU. If we play like we did in the 4th quarter last week we will win this match up. If we play lilke we did in the first half we will lose. Very close, too many "what if's?"

Special teams. Don't know much about USD special teams except their kicker has struggled real bad. I don't think they have much confidence in him. They allowed a kickoff return for a TD vs a D. Our special teams have had 2 great games and a crappy one.
Edge Bison.

Intangibles: The game is bigger to South Dakota and they have less pressure. They will be confident.
Edge South Dakota

It may boil down to the home crowd. If we can cause multiple off side and false start penalties we will have an edge. If we're loud we can make the Fargodome the loudest place they have ever played in. Get to the game early and make excessive noise!

Winner: Flip a coin and the winner will win by a 3 points.

Either way I'm fired up!!

I think the game is bigger for the Bison than for USD, we are playoff eligible, they aren't. More pressure on the Bison.:(

Capn_Cat
09-24-2010, 07:02 PM

Pardon me, but it's this sort of crap that contributes to Bisonville's poor reputation which, unfortunately, taints all Herdspeople.

But, anyway, TSN is The Sports Network and it covers the FCS world better than any other media outlet on the planet.

Here is their FCS Page:
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/indexpic.htm

Notice that, if some of you weren't such idiots, you, too, might get one of your guys on the front page picture. :D :D :D :D

Cast off your ignorance and join the educated masses. For your own sake.

Cap'n Cat hath spoken. Long live Cap'n Cat.

huskon4ever
09-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Holy shnikees...44 pt dogs. Ouch. If I were a betting man I'd take SDSU to beat the spread. I doubt NE will run it up that bad. I think they have a little more class than that.

I really highly doubt they will be able to beat the spread. SDSU could very easily be shut out this game. Hell, Delaware held em to 3 points and they didn't score @ home against Illinois State until the 4th and the Pelini brothers are among the top few D coaches in the nation. Also SDSUs offense is in shambles - their QB is struggling and Minnett isn't getting consistent touches. Meanwhile Nebraska's starting QB from last year is now their 3rd stringer this year... Nobody on SDSU's team can even dream of catching NUs QB TMagic. I'll take the Huskers 66-10.

And I'll take our Bison 24-14. Minnesotas D is complete joke under Cosgrove (Ask Nebraska '04-'07) and with the way I've seen our D play this year and being at home, I think we should be ok.

sambini
09-24-2010, 07:11 PM
I really highly doubt they will be able to beat the spread. SDSU could very easily be shut out this game. Hell, Delaware held em to 3 points and they didn't score @ home against Illinois State until the 4th and the Pelini brothers are among the top few D coaches in the nation. Also SDSUs offense is in shambles - their QB is struggling and Minnett isn't getting consistent touches. Meanwhile Nebraska's starting QB from last year is now their 3rd stringer this year... Nobody on SDSU's team can even dream of catching NUs QB TMagic. I'll take the Huskers 66-10.

And I'll take our Bison 24-14. Minnesotas D is complete joke under Cosgrove (Ask Nebraska '04-'07) and with the way I've seen our D play this year and being at home, I think we should be ok.

Huskers are gonna roll over the Jacks+++

mango
09-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Huskers are gonna roll over the Jacks+++

Yep, a top 10 FBS team against a winless FCS team, it could get ugly. SDSU has looked terrible this season.

Thank God I have to work because it could be a massacre. Granted, the high school football game I'm covering might not be any better.

BadlandsBison
09-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Pardon me, but it's this sort of crap that contributes to Bisonville's poor reputation which, unfortunately, taints all Herdspeople.

But, anyway, TSN is The Sports Network and it covers the FCS world better than any other media outlet on the planet.

Here is their FCS Page:
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/indexpic.htm

Notice that, if some of you weren't such idiots, you, too, might get one of your guys on the front page picture. :D :D :D :D

http://knucklesunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/really-fat-guy-on-computer1.jpg
I really showed Bisonville whats up! Gosh I'm awesome...

Capn_Cat
09-24-2010, 07:54 PM
http://knucklesunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/really-fat-guy-on-computer1.jpg
I really showed Bisonville whats up! Gosh I'm awesome...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Da_Bison
09-26-2010, 03:09 AM
here kitty kitty kitty

ndsubison1
09-26-2010, 05:50 AM
sweet pick TSN

Twentysix
09-26-2010, 05:58 AM
+++++++++++++++++++

THEsocalledfan
09-26-2010, 11:47 AM
In the words of Sean Connery on Jeapordy,

Suck it, Capt. Cat.

No_Skill
09-26-2010, 11:54 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ltbytyP5Pc0/Snapun-7oBI/AAAAAAAAAas/4SZaBgfw38w/s400/Stewie-WheresMyMoney.jpg

BisoninNWMN
09-26-2010, 12:54 PM

Here is their FCS Page:

......so, we should all fall in line with meaningless news organizations and UNI fans......

Prove it on the field and that's what the Bison did last night.

It wouldn't surprise me if the yotes beat UNI in Vermillion.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-26-2010, 03:22 PM
sweet pick TSN

SDSU +44
USD +9

I would easily take those bets

hopefully you didn't take the USD bet :)

CaBisonFan
09-26-2010, 05:03 PM

Looks like they missed a little on this one. I'll admit that the Bison have been a bit of a mystery. Some of our weaknesses from the beginning of the year seem to be on the road to big improvement. If we stay healthy, we're going to be very tough as the season progresses. There's no lack of athleticism. Our QB is a redshirt freshman...but if early indications are accurate...the Missouri Valley will get to know the skills of Brock Jensen very well. He'll be one of the good ones. We've been staying with most teams during our first years in the conference with a glaring problem at QB.

KC Bison
09-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Step up Capt. and eat some crow.

huskon4ever
09-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Yep, a top 10 FBS team against a winless FCS team, it could get ugly. SDSU has looked terrible this season.

Thank God I have to work because it could be a massacre. Granted, the high school football game I'm covering might not be any better.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ltbytyP5Pc0/Snapun-7oBI/AAAAAAAAAas/4SZaBgfw38w/s400/Stewie-WheresMyMoney.jpg

Well I guess I have to step up and eat some crow. I made it to this game and am glad I was able to see how this game developed rather than having to read/hear about it on various husker forums. It was somewhat hard to believe the final score and the lack of scoring by Nebraska, but SDSU played smart for the most part by taking the ball out of the hands of TOB and just running the ball - shortening the game a lot. I also haven't seen a Nebraska team so uninterested in a game under Pelini. Should be a good game between NDSU/SDSU again this year.