PDA

View Full Version : Getting more students out......

WYOBISONMAN
09-21-2010, 03:34 PM
U WYO is getting agressive in getting the students out to the FB game. I think it was just short of 5,000 students at the Boise State game. They have started a new program called "The Stampede". It is basically a student fan/booster club that you can join for $10 a year (and you get a t-shirt). This seems to be working and it is probably a good way to develop students into potential donors to the University once they graduate. I have not seen anything like this at NDSU and it may be worth looking at.

Here is the linky to the U WYO web site....

http://www.uwstampede.com/

stevdock
09-21-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't know if NDSU has continued to do this, but they did do it in the past. If I remember right it had mixed results. The students who would go to the games anyways, signed up, and the ones who wouldn't be going consistently didn't sign up.

WYOBISONMAN
09-21-2010, 03:50 PM
This deal at Wyoming gives the students a card they swipe at each event they attend. They accumulate credits that let them purchase U WYO clothing at the Brown and Gold outlet store. They also accumulate additional credits if for example they paint their face for the game, etc.

All I know is that it is definitely having an effect on attendance down here......and WYO sure as hell is not the most exciting team to watch....at least they were not last weekend.

WYOBISONMAN
09-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Get a load of this page.....it is called "The Dirt" and it is where The Stampede post information on criminal activity of the opposing team. It must be for material so the students can heckle the other team... It is all a part of the website.....geez....

I did not know about this stuff until my kid told me about it.

http://uwstampede.com/wp_index.php?page_id=39

Elite
09-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah, NDSU had the Bison Brigade. From my knowledge and memory, it was a student group that cost $5 or 10 to join and you got a "free" T-Shirt. Essentially, the group held the occasional meeting and sent out list-serv emails to members stating which games to go to "in mass." Technically, there were a lot of members because everyone signed up and paid $5/10 for the T-Shirt during the first week of class, but the percentage of member participation was quite low.

HerdBot
09-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah, NDSU had the Bison Brigade. From my knowledge and memory, it was a student group that cost $5 or 10 to join and you got a "free" T-Shirt. Essentially, the group held the occasional meeting and sent out list-serv emails to members stating which games to go to "in mass." Technically, there were a lot of members because everyone signed up and paid $5/10 for the T-Shirt during the first week of class, but the percentage of member participation was quite low.

We have great turnouts early in the year but tends to slow down later. Maybe it would be better to start it a week that is traditionally slower.

WYOBISONMAN
09-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Things have changed.....when I was in school, the dorms were empty during games. Everyone was there and we didn't need incentives to get us there. The atmosphere at BB games when Inniger was coaching was nothing less than explosive.

ndsubison1
09-21-2010, 04:46 PM
NDSU currently has "The Herd" or something like that. You pay $10 and get a shirt or something. Just looks like a waste of money and time. I dont ever see anything that this group does or if any of them go to games at all. Doesnt look like it cuz you never notice anything that resembles the group at games

WYOBISONMAN
09-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe they need more smack on the official site.....this is what was said about the Boise State players.....LOL

The Players:
# 5 Jason Robinson- This criminal is exactly the kind of player coach Peterson loves to recruit. He broke a man’s jaw last February in a Boise bar. Boise police have charged him with aggravated battery which could land him in jail for up to 15 years.
# 94 Byron Hout- This tough guy made national news by getting knocked out by Oregon’s RB LeGarrette Blount, but it was all right Byron because your face stopped the punch. Maybe if you didn’t run your mouth so much after winning you wouldn’t get punched. Here is the link to the video - come on, it’s hilarious.
# 99 Michael Atkinson – Atkinson, a sophomore defensive tackle for the Broncos crashed into a road barrier and drove away in late July of 2009. Police finally caught up with him at 4:00 AM where they found that his blood alcohol level was over twice the legal limit.
RB’s Coach Keith Bhonapha- Apparently the coaching staff at Boise are not great role models. Bhonapha was arrested on charges of DUI the Friday before the Broncos made their trip to Landover, MD to face Virginia Tech.

And this is all copywrited by UWYO Athletics.....I was surprised to see that stuff. It gave me a good laugh.

Bisonguy
09-21-2010, 06:48 PM
U WYO is getting agressive in getting the students out to the FB game. I think it was just short of 5,000 students at the Boise State game. They have started a new program called "The Stampede". It is basically a student fan/booster club that you can join for $10 a year (and you get a t-shirt). This seems to be working and it is probably a good way to develop students into potential donors to the University once they graduate. I have not seen anything like this at NDSU and it may be worth looking at.

Here is the linky to the U WYO web site....

http://www.uwstampede.com/

Chea, THE Ohio State University has a pretty good student organization called Block "O"- http://blocko.org/#

They have their own sections at Ohio Stadium, have weekly meetings/outings (with free food, good plan for students to show up) and social activities afterwards, planned roadtrips, etc.

MontBison
09-21-2010, 06:58 PM
This showed up this morning.....

Attention MSU Students and Bobcat Football fans!!! How do you feel about cheering on your Bobcats and winning CASH at the same time??? When the Bobcats host Eastern Washington THIS SATURDAY all Montana State students who pick up their tickets BEFORE 4pm on Friday will be automatically entered to win 12 different cash prizes up to $1,000!!!

A total of $3,000 in cash prizes will be given away at the game. What's the catch? YOU HAVE TO BE IN YOUR SEAT TO WIN!

Drawings for cash prize finalists will take place on Saturday in the stadium at 12:45pm and at the start of the 3rd quarter. The final drawing will take place on the field during the 4th quarter of the game.
Student finalists who are not in the stands at the time of the drawing will be disqualified from winning cash prizes. Do not wait to get your tickets and be sure to get in the stadium at 12:45pm and at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to win!

CaBisonFan
09-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Get them closer to the action. Some students have good seats. Others have lousy seats.

Proper Priorities in Educational Order
1. Team
2. Supporting Cast (cheerleaders, band, etc)
3. Student Body
4. Alumni (donors)
5. A 'wild' section for rabid non-student fans near the student sections...called the 'you won't be sitting down section.'
6. Casual fans who couldn't find a good movie to go to.

I think that the club idea is great...the t-shirts...etc.

USC gives priority seating to the students. Michigan does. Missouri does.

Want more noise? Get the students where they belong. It's their university first, while they are attending. It's an educational institution.

The Dacotah Field student section had the perfect setup. No endzone garbage for them...unless they weren't regular attenders. They dominated one side of the field. The alumni owned the other side.

Can't change it? Michigan did. They shifted the students closer to the game...road out the flack...and got their priorities straight.

I know...dead horse...been here many times.

I'll never forget John Lennon's statement when they played for the queen. Would those of you in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

The dome is full of jewelry rattlers...and kids with rattles. Gotta give the students an opportunity to dominate the place. Given due respect, they'd come. The message? "This is your team...your activity...and the rest of us are here to support you."

99Bison
09-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Yep it exists... does anyone read anymore?? Don't think there's much to it right now though.

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=202

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Herd-NDSU-Student-Fan-Club/136822636332550

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204778368

HerdBot
09-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Get them closer to the action. Some students have good seats. Others have lousy seats.

Proper Priorities in Educational Order
1. Team
2. Supporting Cast (cheerleaders, band, etc)
3. Student Body
4. Alumni (donors)
5. A 'wild' section for rabid non-student fans near the student sections...called the 'you won't be sitting down section.'
6. Casual fans who couldn't find a good movie to go to.

I think that the club idea is great...the t-shirts...etc.

USC gives priority seating to the students. Michigan does. Missouri does.

Want more noise? Get the students where they belong. It's their university first, while they are attending. It's an educational institution.

The Dacotah Field student section had the perfect setup. No endzone garbage for them...unless they weren't regular attenders. They dominated one side of the field. The alumni owned the other side.

Can't change it? Michigan did. They shifted the students closer to the game...road out the flack...and got their priorities straight.

I know...dead horse...been here many times.

I'll never forget John Lennon's statement when they played for the queen. Would those of you in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

The dome is full of jewelry rattlers...and kids with rattles. Gotta give the students an opportunity to dominate the place. Given due respect, they'd come. The message? "This is your team...your activity...and the rest of us are here to support you."

Northern Iowa has their student right behind the other teams bench and they annoy the he'll out of them. We don't have that.

How about we give the first 5 rows to the students all around the dome and push team makers up. I wouldn't care if i had to move up 5 rows. Have some sort of contest or group to get the really good seats. Their enthusiasm would rub off on the people who do not cheer and would add to the atmosphere.

Bison09
09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
NDSU used to have the Bison Brigade. Not sure why that fell apart but I liked the name. Consistency in dress of the students needs to be done too. For example, Duke has the Cameron Crazies and for the most part they wear a blue shirt that says Cameron Crazies. Looks good when everyone is on the same page. Other examples include "Maize Craze" of Michigan, Izzone of MSU or the Screamin' Deacons of Wake Forest with their black and gold tie-dye shirts. Last year they tried to start a student group called The Herd. It was $10 I believe to join the group. You would get a stamp for each bison sporting event you attended and there were some prizes given away but nothing seemed worth it. Not saying you have to give out huge prizes but this needs to be done at the beginning of the year. Now to the seating. UNI had a whole side dedicated to the students and I think it was awesome. This past Saturday we caused a few false starts and unnecessary timeouts but only when Morgan St. was in our corner. If we switch to covering the whole field I feel this may keep more students involved in the game as we can be a factor every possession. Just my 2 cents.

WYOBISONMAN
09-21-2010, 07:30 PM
WYO gives students much better seats than NDSU does. They get the whole bottom half of the East stadium. So, some are like row 1 50 yard line. We probably have too small of a venue to do that.

Tatanka
09-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Northern Iowa has their student right behind the other teams bench and they annoy the he'll out of them. We don't have that.

How about we give the first 5 rows to the students all around the dome and push team makers up. I wouldn't care if i had to move up 5 rows. Have some sort of contest or group to get the really good seats. Their enthusiasm would rub off on the people who do not cheer and would add to the atmosphere.

No, what would happen is students would quickly get disillusioned by the people behind them yelling at them to sit down and be quiet.

Good idea though. I'd be all for it.

CaBisonFan
09-21-2010, 09:06 PM

That's called a home-field advantage. Everything should be done to create it. It's an important connection for all of the students. The dome is dark and sterile. Creating a dominant student section in prime seating (visible to the cameras & annoying to the visiting team) would go a long ways toward brightening the place up.

Being a student of sound...I'll tell you that sound from the upper levels dies up there. To maximize the decibel level...get the loudest people down low...together...and in good seats.

SDbison
09-21-2010, 10:42 PM
NDSU used to have the Bison Brigade. Not sure why that fell apart but I liked the name. Consistency in dress of the students needs to be done too. For example, Duke has the Cameron Crazies and for the most part they wear a blue shirt that says Cameron Crazies. Looks good when everyone is on the same page. Other examples include "Maize Craze" of Michigan, Izzone of MSU or the Screamin' Deacons of Wake Forest with their black and gold tie-dye shirts. Last year they tried to start a student group called The Herd. It was $10 I believe to join the group. You would get a stamp for each bison sporting event you attended and there were some prizes given away but nothing seemed worth it. Not saying you have to give out huge prizes but this needs to be done at the beginning of the year. Now to the seating. UNI had a whole side dedicated to the students and I think it was awesome. This past Saturday we caused a few false starts and unnecessary timeouts but only when Morgan St. was in our corner. If we switch to covering the whole field I feel this may keep more students involved in the game as we can be a factor every possession. Just my 2 cents.
How about Scream Yellow........ha ha gotta love that one.........

Bison bison
09-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Brown and Gold Store - tehehehe

what do they sell there other than sh#t...

getting more students out - tehehe

Capn_Cat
09-21-2010, 11:54 PM

Wrong.

UNI student section is on the east side behind the Panthers.

Insert another quarter to play again.

Facts
09-22-2010, 01:03 AM
This is an excellent thread! It'd be interesting if teammakers had some sort of open forum with the student government or The Herd/Bison Brigade (whatever it is now). If Mich, OSU, WF, Duke, ect. are interested in the student enviroment... why can't we??

WYOBISONMAN
09-22-2010, 02:26 AM
The group at WYO is run through the Dept. of Sports Marketing or something like that.....it is a part of the athletic dept.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-22-2010, 03:04 AM
The group at WYO is run through the Dept. of Sports Marketing or something like that.....it is a part of the athletic dept.

our marketing sucks good luck with that

yellowstreak
09-22-2010, 03:55 AM
today at work, the part time intern said the USD game was going to be a blow out. sounds like a lot of the students don't know this is going to be a good game. spread the word!

duluthbison
09-22-2010, 03:59 AM
I have yet to see ANY advertisements through email or posters around campus for the upcoming game!

The only thing we get is the weekly reminder to get your tickets at the BSA which is mixed in with a hundred other listserv emails and the occasional poster listing the football homegames!

Something needs to be done!!!!!!

yellowstreak
09-22-2010, 04:06 AM

I know where Gene lives. I could leave him a note on his "will you be there" sign.

HooliganBison
09-22-2010, 04:09 AM
If anyone is in contact with the marketing department I have a couple suggestions for them.

1. Have Bohl record a 30sec clip after his call in show for radio saying something like this. "This week we play #20 South Dakota and we will need all of your support to help defeat this opponent. Please buy some tickets come on down, make some noise and cheer us on to victory."

2. Have Bohl send out an e-mail to the students stating the same thing except give them kudos for causing some false starts and delay of games. He should encourage them to get even more vocal.

yellowstreak
09-22-2010, 04:17 AM
Insert another quarter to play again.

keep your pants on

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aXwvjOCyM24/TAKuWSw6TaI/AAAAAAAANxQ/mAjy-4w7x0Q/s1600/NDSU+30.jpg

yellowstreak
09-22-2010, 04:40 AM
instead of advertizing on the USD game, they are talking about the golf team on Facebook. Does the golf team make any money?

"North Dakota State Bison Check out the video GoBison.com did of the men's golf team at the Erv Kaiser Invitational."

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=586080283486

edit------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nevermind, they have an ad for the football game too:

"Bison Students: Be Loud, Be Proud. There are 3,000 student tickets left for Saturday's football game #18 NDSU vs #20 South Dakota 6pm at the Fargodome. Tickets can be picked up with a valid NDSU Student ID at the Bison Sports Arena ticket office between 8am-5pm."

HerdBot
09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
If anyone is in contact with the marketing department I have a couple suggestions for them.

1. Have Bohl record a 30sec clip after his call in show for radio saying something like this. "This week we play #20 South Dakota and we will need all of your support to help defeat this opponent. Please buy some tickets come on down, make some noise and cheer us on to victory."

2. Have Bohl send out an e-mail to the students stating the same thing except give them kudos for causing some false starts and delay of games. He should encourage them to get even more vocal.

They don't even need to buy their tickets since they are free. But it would be cool if they would talk about the fact that this is a good opponent. Top 20 ranked and they beat the Gophers. I bet a lot of people don't know that.

HerdBot
09-22-2010, 02:27 PM
I have yet to see ANY advertisements through email or posters around campus for the upcoming game!

The only thing we get is the weekly reminder to get your tickets at the BSA which is mixed in with a hundred other listserv emails and the occasional poster listing the football homegames!

Facebook, Posters, mass emails, etc... I still like the old school posters but most people use facebook these days.

sway1331
09-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Via twitter from NDSU this morning there are still 3000 student tickets left

WYOBISONMAN
09-22-2010, 05:06 PM

That is just terrible for a huge game like this. :smh:

80ALUM
09-22-2010, 05:14 PM
When we were down in Kansas a group of young people were in the first couple of rows and after the kickoff some senior citizens were yelling like crazy for them to sit down so they just moved up top. Their (old guys) yelling was much ruder than any I have seen from any students.
If the students were in the front at the dome we would have to educate the blue hairs as well.:banghead:
Would this be possible? I have my doubts.:smh:

Tatanka
09-22-2010, 06:06 PM

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/vaskidmark/APS%20avatar/whiskey-tango-foxtrot.jpg

Weak. Totally Weak.

DjKyRo
09-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Weak. Totally Weak.

FWIW mine's in my wallet. Not cool that there wasn't a huge line or anything and it's disappointing to hear that the students aren't more jacked about NDSU football. I know I am.

ndsubison1
09-22-2010, 07:04 PM
this is what happens when you let in more artistic and international ppl to your school

DjKyRo
09-22-2010, 08:21 PM
this is what happens when you let in more artistic and international ppl to your school

Our starting NG the last four years was a trombone major, not sure I see the point - particularly since there's well over 7,000 students at NDSU that don't fall into either of the above categories.

lakesbison
09-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Ok. Here's what the student govt or.marketing should do...

Grab 1000 tickets and walk around the dorms..union and hand.them out for.god.sakes..

Tatanka
09-22-2010, 10:43 PM
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2010/09/22/so-how-free-iswas-your-student-ticket/#comments

Interesting commentary. Seems that a lot of people have forgotten that NDSU didn't raise student fees to cover their D-I move, even though the press out of el Forko and teh Kupchella administration implied in an accusatory tone that they had to in order to cover costs. The stink went out statewide and the usual rabble of winged monkeys got all up in arms about it.
Curiously, it was UND who actually DID raise their student fees, and of course they got the free pass from teh media and the legislature..... Hmmmmmmmm....

WYOBISONMAN
09-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Ok. Here's what the student govt or.marketing should do...

Grab 1000 tickets and walk around the dorms..union and hand.them out for.god.sakes..

Absolutely.....something to make sure that there is a butt in every seat!

Twentysix
09-22-2010, 11:12 PM
NDSU currently has "The Herd" or something like that. You pay $10 and get a shirt or something. Just looks like a waste of money and time. I dont ever see anything that this group does or if any of them go to games at all. Doesnt look like it cuz you never notice anything that resembles the group at games

You get a Tshirt and then you also get your 10 dollars back as a giftcard redeemable at varsity mart.

Assuming you ever buy anything at all at varsity mart its essentially free.

ndsubison1
09-23-2010, 03:00 AM
Our starting NG the last four years was a trombone major, not sure I see the point - particularly since there's well over 7,000 students at NDSU that don't fall into either of the above categories.

that was kinda tongue-in-cheek but whatever

Bison09
09-23-2010, 03:03 AM
Students aren't only missing out on the games but the whole Gameday atmosphere. I've finally got about 15 more students interested in joining me in our pregame festivities but there just seems to be no interest. I understand most are underage and that limits their experience. I also think the lack of a strong rival(UND) forces people to think it's just a game, I'll go to the next one. But most importantly our advertising is HORRIBLE.

ndsubison1
09-23-2010, 03:10 AM
i remember when i was a freshman and i knew some ppl that wouldnt go to the games because "we were going to win anyways." Who knows what the excuse is now

TheBisonator
09-23-2010, 03:11 AM

Wow... You just don't get it, do you??

ndsubison1
09-23-2010, 03:16 AM
Wow... You just don't get it, do you??

revert to post #44

Twentysix
09-23-2010, 03:21 AM

IMO they should cut programs that yeild minimum wage careers like sports broadcasting.

:p

TheBisonator
09-23-2010, 03:23 AM
IMO they should cut programs that yeild minimum wage careers like sports broadcasting.

So... The visual arts program is safe, I guess. Funny thing about artists, you can be starving or super rich doing the exact same thing. It's all about how you advertise and network yourself...

ndsubison1
09-23-2010, 03:25 AM

:p

Al Michael, Jim Nantz and Brad Nessler have minimum wage jobs?

stevdock
09-23-2010, 03:38 AM
i remember when i was a freshman and i knew some ppl that wouldnt go to the games because "we were going to win anyways." Who knows what the excuse is now

Then on the other hand my 6 year old son who has been to every home game the last 5 years, consistently said to me all summer "Dad do we have to go see the Bison because they never win?" I very much enjoyed reteaching my son Bison History on Saturday and every home game in the future:)

sway1331
09-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Via NDSU twitter, 2000 student tickets remain as of this morning. What is the total student allotment?

SDbison
09-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Via NDSU twitter, 2000 student tickets remain as of this morning. What is the total student allotment?
Do they only count by 1000's? Seems strange.......so there might only be 1257 left at this time.
Student allotment is somewhere around 4000. May be close to 4500 now.

WYOBISONMAN
09-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Do they only count by 1000's? Seems strange.......so there might only be 1257 left at this time.
Student allotment is somewhere around 4000. May be close to 4500 now.

Do those ever get released for public sale prior to kick off?

NDSUFan_Sav
09-23-2010, 02:20 PM

I thought someone posted they do and I think they do at some point but not positive on that.

roadwarrior
09-23-2010, 02:27 PM

No. From gobison:

Ticket Pick-Up Location

NDSU Athletic Ticket Office
Bison Sports Arena – South Lobby
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Any tickets not picked up during regular distribution hours will be held for NDSU students at the east entrance of the Fargodome on game day. Tickets can be picked up at windows 8-14 with a valid student ID and will be available while supplies last.

ndsubison1
09-23-2010, 07:42 PM

that is pathetic but also not at all surprising

ndsubison1
09-23-2010, 07:44 PM
if they're not picked up by 5pm on Friday's or some other allotted time, they should be sold as general admin all day on Saturday's IMHO

SportsLover
09-23-2010, 08:06 PM
that is pathetic but also not at all surprising

More students will get tickets, I know a couple myself that have to get tickets. The count was after wednesday. We will get 3000+ hopefully a full hosue

Bison09
09-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Thundar walked through the dining center today with a sign that read. Students go get your football tickets. They went up to every group and asked people if they had their tickets yet.

Tatanka
09-24-2010, 01:28 AM
^^^^ Thank God SOMEONE has their marketing head out of their netherparts.

aces1180
09-24-2010, 01:58 PM
"1,750 student tickets left. The ticket office will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. today. Here we go Bison..."

This according to a Facebook post...C'mon students, get your tickets!

Tatanka
09-24-2010, 02:01 PM
"1,750 student tickets left. The ticket office will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. today. Here we go Bison..."

This according to a Facebook post...C'mon students, get your tickets!

OK now this shit is just sad.

Seriously.

Time to release the tickets to the general public if they're not picked up by end of day Friday. if the rest of the stadium is sold out but there's tons of blue in the student section that would be a travesty.

tony
09-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Thundar walked through the dining center today with a sign that read. Students go get your football tickets. They went up to every group and asked people if they had their tickets yet.

Hey, that's pretty cool. Not as cool as being able to pick up your tickets in the Memorial Union would be though:)

Come to think of it, being able to claim and print your student ticket out from online would be even more convenient.

HerdBot
09-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Seriously.

Time to release the tickets to the general public if they're not picked up by end of day Friday. if the rest of the stadium is sold out but there's tons of blue in the student section that would be a travesty.

The rest of the stadium is ALMOST sold out. You can still get tickets but it's going to sell out. But by not selling out the student section we will be missing an opportunity to showcase what the dome is like on TV in front of a large audience. Let's get it done!

lakesbison
09-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Bunch of NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatanka
09-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Bunch of NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/members/bs13690-83559-albums-random-pics-pic43266-nerds-ogre.jpg

missingnumber7
09-24-2010, 04:24 PM

Seriously.

I remember in the 11-1 years when they were giving students tickets that they hadn't sold and people complaining that there weren't enough tickets for students. So sad.

WYOBISONMAN
09-24-2010, 04:37 PM
I remember in the 11-1 years when they were giving students tickets that they hadn't sold and people complaining that there weren't enough tickets for students. So sad.

Remember though......the students have paid for those seats through the activity fee.

56BISON73
09-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Why not try this--

SPIRIT DAY

http://www.fightforiowa.com/2010/08/be-bold-wear-gold-blackout-and-stripes.html

EndZoneQB
09-24-2010, 09:19 PM

Wait, I actually think I got shorted a season ticket those years?? There were 12 games?? Damnit, I've completely erased from my memory 1 game each of those years!

stevdock
09-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Wait, I actually think I got shorted a season ticket those years?? There were 12 games?? Damnit, I've completely erased from my memory 1 game each of those years!

Nah you didn't get shorted. The game you are missing was a scheduled road game at Minnesota again. They were so scared of the negative press that they just conceded. So really we are 1-1 against the Gophers but add in the 2 games they conceded we are 3-1 against them:D

VanClubPres
09-25-2010, 02:12 AM
yep cheering students are not needed at football games.

I live 5 blocks from South, and I just heard that the Bruins D had the other team at thrid and two, and it was a roar that went up. So yeah, no, students dont help bring the home feild advantage.

yellowstreak
09-26-2010, 04:09 AM
were all the student tickets claimed?

there was a lot of blue showing in the SW corner

Hammersmith
09-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Charge $1 for student tickets, then give away the money collected as a drawing mid way through the 4th quarter. The more students that show up, the greater the prize, but they have to stay until the end of the game to win. If they leave, the money either gets rolled over into the next game's prize or donated to the general scholarship endowment.