PDA

View Full Version : Bohl Presser Sept 20, 2010

99Bison
09-21-2010, 06:29 AM
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=281

Notes:
- Starting QB will not be announced until game time when the actual starter, Jensen or Mohler, takes the field.
- Matt Veldman and Chad Willson both questionable for this weekend's game.
- South Dakota quarterback Dante Warren most complete quarterback Bison have faced this season.
- Bison still looking for more consistency in running game, expect more out of offense line after reshuffling that group last weekend.
- South Dakota very prolific, and balanced, on offense. Tough challenge for the NDSU defense.
- Ryan Smith has exceeded the coaches' expectations.

SDbison
09-21-2010, 02:10 PM
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=281

Notes:
- Starting QB will not be announced until game time when the actual starter, Jensen or Mohler, takes the field.
- Matt Veldman and Chad Willson both questionable for this weekend's game.
- South Dakota quarterback Dante Warren most complete quarterback Bison have faced this season.
- Bison still looking for more consistency in running game, expect more out of offense line after reshuffling that group last weekend.
- South Dakota very prolific, and balanced, on offense. Tough challenge for the NDSU defense.
- Ryan Smith has exceeded the coaches' expectations.
I guess this means Bohl is going to go back to Mohler........
Too bad Bohl can't recruit, develop or play a QB he can be proud of........seems he can talk up other teams players pretty good.
Still putting all the blame on the o-line when they did pretty good when Jensen was in the game.
Wish NDSU had a prolific offense......but then that would require a much better offensive scheme, play calling and coaching to get the best out of some pretty damn good recruits.
Sometimes I wish Bohl would just STFU. :smh:

bisoningrandforks
09-21-2010, 02:25 PM
right on sdbison....maybe mr stubborn would at least have vigen TWEAK the dam O....every good QB/spread we face he will play ball control to keep them off the field......open it up some, move the dam chains...trust your dee and quit playing not to lose!!!....oh and start Brock!!!

WYOBISONMAN
09-21-2010, 02:32 PM
First - If indeed Jose suffered a concussion then it seems to be very foolish to play the kid.

Second - Jensen did a hell of a job bringing the Bison back from the brink when Jose jsut did not have what it took to ignite the offense.

I, as a fan, want to see what Jensen can do against USD. I am not convinced he is the second coming of Walker, but why in the hell would you not give Jensen the start?

I would bet because of those two items mentioned about that Jensen will for sure start the USD game. (And I sure don't want to eat anymore crow this week)!

EndZoneQB
09-21-2010, 02:47 PM
I think Jensen is the starter no question but Bohl is just playing some games with USD. USD said they will prepare the same, but I can guarantee that's not true.

99Bison
09-21-2010, 03:10 PM
I think Jensen is the starter no question but Bohl is just playing some games with USD. USD said they will prepare the same, but I can guarantee that's not true.

Agreed, otherwise someone may want to bring the pitch fork sharpener to the tailgating lot. :D

56BISON73
09-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Too bad Bohl can't recruit, develop or play a QB he can be proud of........seems he can talk up other teams players pretty good.
Still putting all the blame on the o-line when they did pretty good when Jensen was in the game.
Wish NDSU had a prolific offense......but then that would require a much better offensive scheme, play calling and coaching to get the best out of some pretty damn good recruits.

Iam alittle confused here. Bohl recruited Jensen. He got Jensen. How is that not getting a QB? You seem to think hes the real deal.

Why not wait until the QB is announced before jumping all over him? Just because hes not saying whos the starter doesnt mean that Moehler will get the call. Its only tuesday. Geeeez
There might be a strategy component in the non-announcement. Who knows.

Gully
09-21-2010, 03:45 PM
I would be surprised if he doesn't start Jensen. I agree Bohl has been stuborn in the past but I'll wait to see what he does this time before being critical.

CAS4127
09-21-2010, 03:55 PM
How quickly members of this forum forget main topics from week b/4--think "Bohl to emphasize more physical play from O-line this week", which was huge thread last week. Last week game analysis--virtually no running game because O-line struggled again (not physical enough?) and we really didn't produce that much offense, just more points than M-State. Bottom line, if we don't start controlling line of scrimmage and effectively run the effin ball, we may very well have not only a difficult time with Yotes, but a long year ahead, as good D and a running game win in the MVFC, and the majority of others, along with very physical play--it wears the opponent down if you just keep comin and comin and comin. You don't have to win every physical confrontation, but you have to let em know it is not going to stop until final horn blows. In short, we have yet to correct the very issue Bohl himself broached--just sayin.

bisonhusker
09-21-2010, 04:54 PM

I think Bohl found it difficult to prepare for both QB's at UNI as they didn't announce until kickoff, so he is doing the same. Jose and Brock are different QB's and will force them to defend both options. Just my opinion. He did recruit Brock, who you love, so I would say he is developing/recruiting just fine at that spot. I have zero issues with the future of the QB position. I really like the qb's that we have.

SDbison
09-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I think Bohl found it difficult to prepare for both QB's at UNI as they didn't announce until kickoff, so he is doing the same. Jose and Brock are different QB's and will force them to defend both options. Just my opinion. He did recruit Brock, who you love, so I would say he is developing/recruiting just fine at that spot. I have zero issues with the future of the QB position. I really like the qb's that we have.
For both you and PL........An OR was placed between my statement (recruit, develop or play). That means any one of those things can be true. My issue really is with Bohl's indecision. Not that Bohl and his assistents have EVER had issues with this before? I also agree, maybe the QB announcement thing might just be some sort of deception.
Just tired of Bohl throwing the o-line under the bus when the offensive scheme is so vanilla that a high school team could stop NDSU's running game. I don't buy the "in a perfect world" BS about blocking right will produce a great running game.......well that rarely happens. There are how many guys diectly in line of the run and if someone stumbles, gets beat, etc. it is up to the quickness of the play, surprise factor and running backs skills to make more out of the situation. Obviously defensive screw ups help too.
NDSU should be able to scare other teams with their offensive and defensive prowess, not the other way around. Especially playing an in the recent past so-so DII team going through transition to FCS DI.
Maybe Bohl shold just concede the game ahead of time since USD is so great and his calls have sucked for the last 2 plus years?

HerdBot
09-21-2010, 06:20 PM
First - If indeed Jose suffered a concussion then it seems to be very foolish to play the kid.

Second - Jensen did a hell of a job bringing the Bison back from the brink when Jose jsut did not have what it took to ignite the offense.

I, as a fan, want to see what Jensen can do against USD. I am not convinced he is the second coming of Walker, but why in the hell would you not give Jensen the start?

I would bet because of those two items mentioned about that Jensen will for sure start the USD game. (And I sure don't want to eat anymore crow this week)!

Here is why you start Jensen. The fans clearly like Brock and Jose has struggled. I can see it already. Jose comes in and after a few 3 and outs the fans get impatient and we hear a few boos. It will suck the life out of the dome and wipe out home field advantage. Fans will be more patient with Brock.

99Bison
09-21-2010, 07:18 PM
There surely appears to be zero rational behind starting Mohler this game. That can't be denied, it's all for USDs prep.

roadwarrior
09-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Who is going to forward the poll results to Bohl?

DjKyRo
09-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Who is going to forward the poll results to Bohl?

Lakes texted it to him (though with the numbers reversed for Mohler-Jensen) two days ago.

The Lost Dutchman
09-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Actual sound from the presser, http://740thefan.com/uploads/Bohl%20wk%203%20presser_1.mp3

99Bison
09-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Actual sound from the presser, http://740thefan.com/uploads/Bohl%20wk%203%20presser_1.mp3

This is a dup from original post puff :)