PDA

View Full Version : USD game attendance!

Dabison
09-21-2010, 03:16 AM
I am hoping for a good crowd this Saturday. Not just in size but in attitude. Last time the Bison were in Vermit town(2002) the crowd was nasty. I'd like to see a little payback.

Get Loud Bison Fans!

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2010, 03:25 AM
My voice will be gone after the 1st quarter....:D :D

Hopefully, it is a packed house on saturday!!!

GO BISON

HerdBot
09-21-2010, 04:01 AM
I am hoping for a good crowd this Saturday. Not just in size but in attitude. Last time the Bison were in Vermit town(2002) the crowd was nasty. I'd like to see a little payback.

Get Loud Bison Fans!

I think tickets are selling better. I want to see all season ticket holders attend the game or worst case give their tickets to a friend. Way too many no shows last week. Also we need to get a little rowdier. There were moments on saturday but way too many quiet times. We need to step up the intensity and reclaim the title as the loudest stadium in the FCS. Note to stadium. Crank the music!

56BISON73
09-21-2010, 04:03 AM
I think tickets are selling better. I want to see all season ticket holders attend the game or worst case give their tickets to a friend. Way too many no shows last week. Also we need to get a little rowdier. There were moments on saturday but way too many quiet times. We need to step up the intensity and reclaim the title as the loudest stadium in the FCS. Note to stadium. Crank the music!

You couldnt GIVE the tickets away.

CaBisonFan
09-21-2010, 04:05 AM

Get Loud Bison Fans!

Sounds like an excellent strategery. Wish I could be there to help...:(

Wonder if the younger folk have any idea how hot this rivalry was for a while. They probably had the #2 program in the NCC during our 80s run...meaning that they were a national power to be reckoned with. Triplett...the old coach...wanted the NDSU job once upon a time. Went to SD and basically tried to copy what we were doing. Worked pretty well.

SDbison
09-21-2010, 04:08 AM
I don't agree PL........
If there was an organized easy way through NDSU to have a ticket exchange (especially for charitable organizations, big brothers, disadvantaged youth, etc.) seats would be filled. Shame on the big companies and Fargo's elite for not finding someone in their company, family, friends, or neighbors to use their seats.

HerdBot
09-21-2010, 04:08 AM

The game was a dud but this week is going to be great. Hopefully fans recongnize the quality of the matchup. Im excited. Not quite UND excited but im pumped.

56BISON73
09-21-2010, 04:09 AM
Sounds like an excellent strategery. Wish I could be there to help...:(

Wonder if the younger folk have any idea how hot this rivalry was for a while. They probably had the #2 program in the NCC during our 80s run...meaning that they were a national power to be reckoned with. Triplett...the old coach...wanted the NDSU job once upon a time. Went to SD and basically tried to copy what we were doing. Worked pretty well.

Trip and I played together at Iowa. About 6 years ago I ran in to him at an alumni function and he asked where I had transferred to. When I told him I got this real weird look from him and he said. Damn I hated the Bison. LOL He then went on the explain about how good NDSU was etc and how could never beat them. I loved it.

56BISON73
09-21-2010, 04:10 AM
The game was a dud but this week is going to be great. Hopefully fans recongnize the quality of the matchup. Im excited. Not quite UND excited but im pumped.

I have one ticket available. Any takers????

CaBisonFan
09-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Trip and I played together at Iowa. About 6 years ago I ran in to him at an alumni function and he asked where I had transferred to. When I told him I got this real weird look from him and he said. Damn I hated the Bison. LOL He then went on the explain about how good NDSU was etc and how could never beat them. I loved it.

Thanks PL...great story...:nod: :D :cool:

Didn't Dave wear shades at games a lot?

CaBisonFan
09-21-2010, 04:15 AM
Is there a way to tell how many tickets have been sold to South Dakota fans? Anyone have an inside track on that? Bet they're pumped to get to Fargo again...especially with this team.

MN_BISON
09-21-2010, 04:16 AM

I had no trouble finding someone to take my two tickets last week.

EndZoneQB
09-21-2010, 04:19 AM

I really think people forget about the games. I know when I've mentioned around town that I was going to a game, etc, people were like OHH, theres one THIS weekend? Poor marketing.

56BISON73
09-21-2010, 04:22 AM
I don't agree PL........
If there was an organized easy way through NDSU to have a ticket exchange (especially for charitable organizations, big brothers, disadvantaged youth, etc.) seats would be filled. Shame on the big companies and Fargo's elite for not finding someone in their company, family, friends, or neighbors to use their seats.

There were people in our own tailgate group who had extra tickets and couldnt give them away. I talked to a bunch of different groups around the lot and asked if anyone needed a ticket and they all said they had extra tickets too.
The big companies and the supposed elite have nothing to do with the poor turnout. Plus its not the job of the local companies to put butts in seats.
The team called Morgan State had everything to do with it.
Put in a quality opponent and the people will come.

Its a common theme at most schools. Crappy teams or lessor known teams garner below avg attendance. Thats why tickets for some games are very easy to find as oppsed to others.

Now granted if there was some organized way to get these tickets to the people it might help. But then again may be they wouldnt even want to see Morgan State. LOL

sambini
09-21-2010, 04:22 AM
I will not be there this week. My daughter has a cross country meet in Apple Valley. But my tickets are being used by a co worker.

56BISON73
09-21-2010, 04:29 AM

Really? There were a few of us here who kept posting that we had tickets and nobody responded.
Just like I have one ticket to the game this weekend and not one inquiry.

HerdBot
09-21-2010, 04:40 AM
Really? There were a few of us here who kept posting that we had tickets and nobody responded.

That's because you just posted it in a thread at 11 pm at night. If you post it in the ticket exchange with section and row along with your number it would be gone by Saturday.

A few years ago I had an extra ticket to a game and I gave it to Erv Inniger 20 minutes before kickoff in the lobby of the dome. Sure enough when I got got to my seat there was already a guy up there happy as can be. They just need a way to organize it.

I'm sure you have better seats than me and if I wasn't going with a group I'd snag that ticket in a heartbeat.

56BISON73
09-21-2010, 04:42 AM
That's because you just posted it in a thread at 11 pm at night. If you post it in the ticket exchange with section and row along with your number it would be gone by Saturday.

A few years ago I had an extra ticket to a game and I gave it to Erv Inniger 20 minutes before kickoff in the lobby of the dome. Sure enough when I got got to my seat there was already a guy up there happy as can be. They just need a way to organize it.

I'm sure you have better seats than me and if I wasn't going with a group I'd snag that ticket in a heartbeat.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20811

Bisonguy
09-21-2010, 04:44 AM

Maybe people are intimidated by your legendary sausage? :confused:

56BISON73
09-21-2010, 04:51 AM
Maybe people are intimidated by your legendary sausage? :confused:

I was wearing yellow. :D

HerdBot
09-21-2010, 04:56 AM

I was talking about giving them away if you can't find any takers. Not selling. Most people will buy them directly from NDSU and casual fans probably don't understand that you paid teammakers dues to get them but honestly how many people actually go to the ticket exchange. If you had posted "free ticket" at the last minute you would have had some takers. Once the word gets out that you can get a free ticket on Bisonville there may actually be some people who get them that may not have otherwise gone to the game.Figure it's probably better to give the ticket away than use it for a coat rack. I've given away my extra ticket many times. Except for late last year when nobody cared. But that's a different story. Businesses really waste them. Why not have drawings or sales contests.

56BISON73
09-21-2010, 05:07 AM
I was talking about giving them away if you can't find any takers. Not selling. Most people will buy them directly from NDSU and casual fans probably don't understand that you paid teammakers dues to get them but honestly how many people actually go to the ticket exchange. If you had posted "free ticket" at the last minute you would have had some takers. Once the word gets out that you can get a free ticket on Bisonville there may actually be some people who get them that may not have otherwise gone to the game.Figure it's probably better to give the ticket away than use it for a coat rack. I've given away my extra ticket many times. Except for late last year when nobody cared. But that's a different story. Businesses really waste them. Why not have drawings or sales contests.

The reason they buy them from NDSU is because there isnt a secondary market for them like on Stub Hub, Ebay etc etc.
HMMMM but this could open up a can of worms. If people think they can get free tickets they wont buy them. To tell you the truth if these supposed fans are only going to go because they are free are they really fans? Or are they bottom feeders just looking for free tickets?
Granted there are exceptions like economic hardship etc. The fact is you shouldnt have to give away tickets for people to go to the game. Hasnt that been a stick in the eye for the people from up north.?:D
As a matter of fact many teams have ticket exchanges for the selling of tickets that people arent going to use. I have yet to see one one for free tickets.

MN_BISON
09-21-2010, 05:07 AM

Yeah PL, really. One phone call and they were gone. I will say it's probably easier to move two seats rather than a single for a game like Morgan State.

OrygunBison
09-21-2010, 05:26 AM
I was wearing yellow. :D

Yellow is an angry color. Nothing is more scary than an angry sausage.

HerdBot
09-21-2010, 05:46 AM
The reason they buy them from NDSU is because there isnt a secondary market for them like on Stub Hub, Ebay etc etc.
HMMMM but this could open up a can of worms. If people think they can get free tickets they wont buy them. To tell you the truth if these supposed fans are only going to go because they are free are they really fans? Or are they bottom feeders just looking for free tickets?
Granted there are exceptions like economic hardship etc. The fact is you shouldnt have to give away tickets for people to go to the game. Hasnt that been a stick in the eye for the people from up north.?:D
As a matter of fact many teams have ticket exchanges for the selling of tickets that people arent going to use. I have yet to see one one for free tickets.

I highly doubt we would ever have a day in which giving away free tickets would effect game day sales. The idea is to give them to a friend or family member who has never gone to a game before.

Imagine this... A kid gets your free ticket and he goes to a game for the first time. He has so much fun he becomes a lifelong Bison fan. He doesn't miss a game for years to come. When older he will join team makers. He goes to NDSU and becomes a successful business person and he goes on to become a billionaire. One day he goes to the BSA and says "ya know, this building is a pile of shit" and decides to go out an donate a new baskeball arena. I'm talking a real nice place. Capacity of 10K but with room to grow to over 30K. Baskeball is re ignited and the new arena is rockin! Our baskeball fan base will some day grow larger than the football fan base. One year we average 30K fans per game. Behind our huge fan base we win the Summitt and go the tournament. Our baskeball fan base of over 30K makes the trip to the Metrodome and buys all the tickets and we win the first round game. Down to the Final 32 and we bring 30K more fans to the big dance. We rock the house and the players feed off of the energy and we end up in the sweet 16. We lose a close game but meanwhile all the recruits from the big schools are inspired by the team. The next Lebron James decides to visit NDSU and he falls in love with the team and signs. The rest is history. We go on to three peat as National Champions. NDSU takes it to the next level. Fundraising goes through the roof and before you know it we go D1 in football and we've been invited to join he Big Ten. And it was all because you gave away your ticket instead of using it for a coat rack. That would make you legendary!

56BISON73
09-21-2010, 06:07 AM
I highly doubt we would ever have a day in which giving away free tickets would effect game day sales. The idea is to give them to a friend or family member who has never gone to a game before.

Imagine this... A kid gets your free ticket and he goes to a game for the first time. He has so much fun he becomes a lifelong Bison fan. He doesn't miss a game for years to come. When older he will join team makers. He goes to NDSU and becomes a successful business person and he goes on to become a billionaire. One day he goes to the BSA and says "ya know, this building is a pile of shit" and decides to go out an donate a new baskeball arena. I'm talking a real nice place. Capacity of 10K but with room to grow to over 30K. Baskeball is re ignited and the new arena is rockin! Our baskeball fan base will some day grow larger than the football fan base. One year we average 30K fans per game. Behind our huge fan base we win the Summitt and go the tournament. Our baskeball fan base of over 30K makes the trip to the Metrodome and buys all the tickets and we win the first round game. Down to the Final 32 and we bring 30K more fans to the big dance. We rock the house and the players feed off of the energy and we end up in the sweet 16. We lose a close game but meanwhile all the recruits from the big schools are inspired by the team. The next Lebron James decides to visit NDSU and he falls in love with the team and signs. The rest is history. We go on to three peat as National Champions. NDSU takes it to the next level. Fundraising goes through the roof and before you know it we go D1 in football and we've been invited to join he Big Ten. And it was all because you gave away your ticket instead of using it for a coat rack. That would make you legendary!

Youve been up way too long.:D So have I. Need to be up early to go look at houses around Hawley, DL and Ottertail. Going to be a busy day.
BTW congrats on your progress in the creative writting class.:D

HerdBot
09-21-2010, 06:11 AM
Youve been up way too long.:D So have I. Need to be up early to go look at houses around Hawley, DL and Ottertail. Going to be a busy day.

With the new smart phone... Bisonville is at my fingertips no matter where I'm at. Good luck.

Gully
09-21-2010, 02:17 PM
I had two extras and was able to sell them both but that could just be the luck of the draw, who knows. I certainly agree that Morgan State doesn't get people as excited as a team like Georgia Southern or something.

aces1180
09-21-2010, 02:32 PM

I have a house for sale in Detroit Lakes...It's not on the lake, but it is in pretty good shape (fully remodeled in 2008) and the price is right at $99,900, down from the original $114,900. It's a starter home, so it's more than likely not your style.

56BISON73
09-21-2010, 03:52 PM
I have a house for sale in Detroit Lakes...It's not on the lake, but it is in pretty good shape (fully remodeled in 2008) and the price is right at $99,900, down from the original $114,900. It's a starter home, so it's more than likely not your style.

Thanks for the offer. We are looking for something more in the country. Havent lived in the city for years and would probably go postal if I had neighbors.:D

aces1180
09-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the offer. We are looking for something more in the country. Havent lived in the city for years and would probably go postal if I had neighbors.:D

Understandable, PL...It has been on the market for over a year and we had one deal fall through, but this market is horrible. I had to try and throw it out there, even though I knew it wouldn't be your kind of place! ;) I know that our next house in Bemidji will be in the country too.

SDbison
09-21-2010, 05:09 PM
I would consider selling my house and property 9 miles north of Sioux Falls for the right price. * :D Property includes 40 acres consisting of 3 acres plotted for home, 3 acres of mature trees, 5 acres of 6 year old planted trees, 15 acres of CRP grasses, 4 acres of low land around a creek and 10 acres of cropland being rented out. Home is 6 years old with 3600 sq ft finished, geothermal heat pump system, 4 - 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, great room, kitchen, small office, large mudroom, media room, and pool table /entertainment room with walk out patio. About equal amounts of carpet, tile and hardwood floors. Front and back decks made of ironwood with outdoor hot tub 5 feet from master bedroom and also close to back door. Heated floors through most of house and all of the 3 stall garage. Hardy plank (concrete) siding. Oh did I mention, all sorts of pheasant and deer on the property. Access to property 350 feet off low traffic paved road.
*Would first have to ask my wife if its OK that I sell. ;)

SDBisonbacker
09-21-2010, 05:24 PM
We are so excited to come this weekend to the game. My boys absolutely love Bison football. I wish I could afford season tickets, nut with three boys and a 3 hour tripo from north of Sioux Falls here it becomes a costly venture. It kills me to know that people who have tickets do not go to the game. I understand the point of not just giving them away, but i also understand the point of not having empty seats. There has to be a way to figure it out.

SDbison
09-21-2010, 05:32 PM
We are so excited to come this weekend to the game. My boys absolutely love Bison football. I wish I could afford season tickets, nut with three boys and a 3 hour tripo from north of Sioux Falls here it becomes a costly venture. It kills me to know that people who have tickets do not go to the game. I understand the point of not just giving them away, but i also understand the point of not having empty seats. There has to be a way to figure it out.
Hey, welcome to the messageboard and good choice for a user name. Let me know where you are coming from and if you would ever be interested in car pooling to a game. Great to know other avid Bison fans live near me!

SDBisonbacker
09-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Hey, welcome to the messageboard and good choice for a user name. Let me know where you are coming from and if you would ever be interested in car pooling to a game. Great to know other avid Bison fans live near me!

Thanks for the welcome... I am really intersted in that pheasant land you were talking about...:)

90BISON
09-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Yellow is an angry color. Nothing is more scary than an angry sausage.

That's What She Said! :D

duluthbison
09-21-2010, 06:19 PM
There are currently 3000 student tickets left for the game according to NDSU Athletics.

SDbison
09-21-2010, 06:53 PM
There are currently 3000 student tickets left for the game according to NDSU Athletics.
That can't be correct......must not be updated properly?
If true.....WTF? Too busy to go to a game.......too many party options......have to go home to mommy and daddy?

bisonmike2
09-21-2010, 07:13 PM
I would consider selling my house and property 9 miles north of Sioux Falls for the right price. * :D Property includes 40 acres consisting of 3 acres plotted for home, 3 acres of mature trees, 5 acres of 6 year old planted trees, 15 acres of CRP grasses, 4 acres of low land around a creek and 10 acres of cropland being rented out. Home is 6 years old with 3600 sq ft finished, geothermal heat pump system, 4 - 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, great room, kitchen, small office, large mudroom, media room, and pool table /entertainment room with walk out patio. About equal amounts of carpet, tile and hardwood floors. Front and back decks made of ironwood with outdoor hot tub 5 feet from master bedroom and also close to back door. Heated floors through most of house and all of the 3 stall garage. Hardy plank (concrete) siding. Oh did I mention, all sorts of pheasant and deer on the property. Access to property 350 feet off low traffic paved road.
*Would first have to ask my wife if its OK that I sell. ;)

I will give you $1,000. You may be insulted by that amount but I feel it is reasonable. Some guy who lives just north of Sioux Falls keeps coming on this board and bitches about everything SoDak, so I figure it can't be that nice of area to live in. :)

SDbison
09-21-2010, 07:48 PM
I will give you $1,000. You may be insulted by that amount but I feel it is reasonable. Some guy who lives just north of Sioux Falls keeps coming on this board and bitches about everything SoDak, so I figure it can't be that nice of area to live in. :)
Well, you are only about $499K off from where I would even think about beginning to talk to you. Since things are going so good in ND I will have to do well on my property sale in SD to justify the move. Of course, not saying I am thinking about moving yet. I still have to piss off some more of the born and raised South Dakotans. They really have an attitude like everything is better here without much to hang their hat on.

Tatanka
09-21-2010, 07:49 PM

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp196/rickyzwalters/WEAKSAUCE.jpg