PDA

View Full Version : SDSU picking fights?

mebisonII
09-20-2010, 02:05 PM
SDSU, what's up with this?

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/article_8b001d1a-c474-11df-b67e-001cc4c03286.html

Seems out of character...any insider information or other side of the story you guys want to add?

Tatanka
09-20-2010, 02:10 PM
But, but, they like to hunt and fish. They're the right kind of football players led by a classy coach. They work hard. Their band is bigger than ours. They...... *cranial explosion*

Green-N-Gold
09-20-2010, 02:11 PM
It MUST be hearsay, they don't recruit "that" type of player.

Kermit
09-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Wow. I hope someone asks about this incident at this week's MVFC press conference. Whatever Stig's little angels were up to, it looks like it backfired on them. Stay classy, bunnies!

bisonmike2
09-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Is Patty V going to drop the hammer or does she only suspend NDSU players?

Here's question for you guys.

Q: UNI has 6 players that get into a fight with 5 players from SDSU? How many players total are suspended by Patty V?

A: 0. Patty V doesn't suspend UNI or SDSU players.

I would have also accepted, 4 NDSU players. Why NDSU players? According to Patty V, why not?

BadlandsBison
09-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Must be a bad fall for hunting and fishing around Brookings.

bisonhusker
09-20-2010, 04:04 PM
ISU must have provoked the fight. There is no way that Stig would allow such nonsense from those fine young men.

I heard that Stig already called Bohl this week and advised him that if he felt Jose was his "best option to win" he should play him irregardless of the concussion he suffered. "They are kids, they will be fine."

BlueBisonRock
09-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Fresh from the Argus: The Jacks were trying to be hospitable and invite their counterparts to milk and cookies after the game. I can't believe how quickly these rumors get out of hand with peeps thinking the worst! :D

mango
09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
I remember this happening, don't know how it started because when I get to where I was standing it had already started. Don't know how much it was us but I could see it being both teams that got it going.

Very uncharacteristic though

HooliganBison
09-20-2010, 05:19 PM
You see this garbage at the FBS a dozen times a year. If noone throws punches you just look like a bunch of jacka$$es.

cbline
09-20-2010, 05:20 PM

Q: UNI has 6 players that get into a fight with 5 players from SDSU? How many players total are suspended by Patty V?

I would have also accepted, 4 NDSU players. Why NDSU players? According to Patty V, why not?

Hell, suspend some of the coaching staff for allowing it to happen!!!!!!!!

mebisonII
09-20-2010, 08:46 PM
SDSU people are saying that the entrance to the field was changed this game and things got messed up so both teams were surprised to run into each other and both thought the other was pulling something.

Seemed a little out of character (for just about any team) that the Jacks would go out of their way to stand by the field and harass another team coming on the field.

mango
09-20-2010, 08:56 PM
SDSU people are saying that the entrance to the field was changed this game and things got messed up so both teams were surprised to run into each other and both thought the other was pulling something.

Seemed a little out of character (for just about any team) that the Jacks would go out of their way to stand by the field and harass another team coming on the field.

That might be the case since the SDSU players come out of the Dykehouse Center now instead of coming out of the old locker room.

bisonhusker
09-20-2010, 09:10 PM
That might be the case since the SDSU players come out of the Dykehouse Center now instead of coming out of the old locker room.

.......instead of coming out of the old trailer.

Fixed it for you.

Tatanka
09-20-2010, 09:22 PM
.......instead of coming out of the closet.

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for YOU. :D

mango
09-20-2010, 09:24 PM
.......instead of coming out of the old trailer.

Fixed it for you.

They never came out of the old trailer, they had a really sh!tty locker room right off the field.

But, seriously thank god those trailers are gone. Those were pitiful and no way should a Division I school put its coaches' offices in a trailer

SDSUAlum08
09-21-2010, 12:39 AM
They never came out of the old trailer, they had a really sh!tty locker room right off the field.

But, seriously thank god those trailers are gone. Those were pitiful and no way should a Division I, II, III, or NAIA school put its coaches' offices in a trailer

Since we're all doing this...

Fixed it for you.

mango
09-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Since we're all doing this...

Fixed it for you.

True, glad they are gone and we have the Dykehouse Center. Now let's replace the east bleachers

TbonZach
09-21-2010, 01:54 AM
True, glad they are gone and we have the Dykehouse Center. Now let's replace the east bleachers

^^^THIS^^^ Although I do like a little danger in my life, I don't like having the feeling that I'm going to die after they collapse because somebody blinked at wrong time.

lakesbison
09-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Minnitt sure tried to pick fights with.us at club 9 2 years ago after ndsu bball!

KilldeerBison
09-21-2010, 01:58 AM

My guess was, she suspends the 1st unit defense of NDSU, to send a message to the rest of the MVFC. She was sure that the NDSU D was planning a fight in the near future (a reasonable conclusion for Patty V).

TheBisonator
09-21-2010, 02:41 AM

You should've done that instead of the new endzone building first.

mango
09-21-2010, 03:18 AM
You should've done that instead of the new endzone building first.

That would have been nice but I think the money was donated specifically for the new building. Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that is why the Dykehouse Center was built instead of replacing the eyesore to the east

BadlandsBison
09-21-2010, 03:44 AM
My guess was, she suspends the 1st unit defense of NDSU, to send a message to the rest of the MVFC. She was sure that the NDSU D was planning a fight in the near future (a reasonable conclusion for Patty V).

Ha ha ha. She's trying to set an example. Also, I was hunting/fishing with some really good guys down by Brookings on Sunday. They told me Pat Paschall hypmotised them and convinced them to start unwarrented fights.

Da Bison
09-21-2010, 09:08 PM
From TV in Sioux Falls

SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier said that no penalties will be handed out for an alleged near fight between teams prior to the SDSU vs. Illinois State game.

MVFC comish Patty V has determined that NDSU will forfeit the Morgan State win due to their instigating the near Brawl in Brookings. She was unable to site actual facts but did state that their would be no appeal.:eek:

wow
09-21-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't really know what all the fuss is about. From what I've read, all that happened was a little jawing between opponents. Sure that could have gotten out of hand, but it didn't. Certainly not a classy move by either team, but if there was something to discipline, it would be taken care of by the commish.

KilldeerBison
09-21-2010, 09:35 PM
From TV in Sioux Falls

SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier said that no penalties will be handed out for an alleged near fight between teams prior to the SDSU vs. Illinois State game.

MVFC comish Patty V has determined that NDSU will forfeit the Morgan State win due to their instigating the near Brawl in Brookings. She was unable to site actual facts but did state that their would be no appeal.:eek:

Well, I guess this issue has been settled, in light of the "no appeal" decision. Thank you Patty V :pan: , may we have another!

sambini
09-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Are they gonna try it it saturday in Lincoln?

aces1180
09-23-2010, 01:37 PM
With all this talk about SDSU picking fights, one must assume a few things:

1) They are drunk
2) They are hockey fans
3) They have an "offensive" nickname

Tatanka
09-23-2010, 01:50 PM
With all this talk about SDSU picking fights, one must assume a few things:

1) They are drunk
2) They are hockey fans
3) They have an "offensive" nickname

4) They are basketball players
5) They are in Sioux Falls

Kermit
09-23-2010, 02:37 PM
4) They are basketball players
5) They are in Sioux Falls
6) They are in a public restroom.
7) Until they run out into the hallway with their shirt off.

FIFY
(10 chars)

lakesbison
09-24-2010, 01:14 AM
Bohl said in public,(i can tell you where exactly, and maybe bisonviller's heard it as well) that he heard there would be 5 guys suspended for the NDSU game for UNI.

However, UNI suspended those for SFA.

Where is PATTY V for this? un real.

http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=34647 << I put this on panthernation BEFORE NDSU game. so if I KNEW ABOUT IT, how didnt patty V.

roadwarrior
09-24-2010, 03:02 AM
I don't think that off the field issues with players comes under the control of the conference commissioner. UNI coaches handled it so they wouldn't have to play us without those players.

sambini
09-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Jacks you got a big game this week....

lakesbison
09-24-2010, 03:33 AM
Well Road, I had that thread locked on here because of "RUMORS" so thanks for clarifying it.

ill wait for my apology...... well... i turned a new leaf, I dont care, im cool. I just want EVERYONE TO SEE WHAT UNI DID, PRETTY CLASS LESS>

bisonmike2
09-24-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't think that off the field issues with players comes under the control of the conference commissioner. UNI coaches handled it so they wouldn't have to play us without those players.

If that's that case, that's just slimy.

"Bad football players! Bad! You will be punished! But just not this week because it's a conference game. So work hard this week and then we'll suspended you next week when the game is not as important."

Can they do that? Sure. Does it demonstrate that Farley is more concerned with winning football games than molding the character of young men. Yes. Depending on who you are, you may also think that's fine. I do not, but I also have some semblance of morality.

roadwarrior
09-24-2010, 02:59 PM
If that's that case, that's just slimy.

"Bad football players! Bad! You will be punished! But just not this week because it's a conference game. So work hard this week and then we'll suspended you next week when the game is not as important."

Can they do that? Sure. Does it demonstrate that Farley is more concerned with winning football games than molding the character of young men. Yes. Depending on who you are, you may also think that's fine. I do not, but I also have some semblance of morality.

Yes, I agree with you that his treatment of the suspensions was slimy!

gojacksgo
09-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Minnitt sure tried to pick fights with.us at club 9 2 years ago after ndsu bball!

Cause I'm sure you didn't have anything coming right? If it was anyone else, I wouldn't assume, but you had to be egging it on.

KC Bison
09-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Maybe it was a Jack fan that had a chip on his shoulder cuz things aren't right in the universe when the Jacks lose to the Bison in bball.