PDA

View Full Version : Morgan State...No High School Team...More Credit to the Bison

CaBisonFan
09-19-2010, 06:59 PM
It's just an opinion...but I saw some huge, very athletic players on the Morgan State team. They were 'very' physical. They had two big, tough running backs. Can't remember the main one, but we could use him...big-time...the kid from Rutgers. Their offensive line was huge. And their defense wasn't really bad at all.

I thought that they were chippy...but they were tough, hard-hitting, and had an attitude.

Their biggest problem was at quarterback. Put a decent quarterback on Morgan State's team, and they would be much more competitive. They had 'zero' passing game. Maybe they had some yards...but it really wasn't a threat.

I'm liking our defensive backfield more and more. Eaves is a head-hunter. They might gel & mature into something special if they stay healthy.

More credit to the Bison for handling this team pretty well. And yes...I was 'very' impressed with Brock Jensen.

stevdock
09-19-2010, 08:58 PM
There were so many similarities between last night and Central Conn. St. No run game, little offense (at least until the 4th), many injuries, etc. Taking nothing away from Morgan State though as they came to play, and just ran out of gas in the 4th. They gave us everything they had.

HerdBot
09-19-2010, 09:22 PM
It's just an opinion...but I saw some huge, very athletic players on the Morgan State team. They were 'very' physical. They had two big, tough running backs. Can't remember the main one, but we could use him...big-time...the kid from Rutgers. Their offensive line was huge. And their defense wasn't really bad at all.

I thought that they were chippy...but they were tough, hard-hitting, and had an attitude.

Their biggest problem was at quarterback. Put a decent quarterback on Morgan State's team, and they would be much more competitive. They had 'zero' passing game. Maybe they had some yards...but it really wasn't a threat.

I'm liking our defensive backfield more and more. Eaves is a head-hunter. They might gel & mature into something special if they stay healthy.

More credit to the Bison for handling this team pretty well. And yes...I was 'very' impressed with Brock Jensen.

We knew that the Morgan State offense sucked so the good defensive game wasn't a suprise. But we knew they had a good defense, having held a team to 72 yeards, and our offense had been struggling so that's what we need to look at. The offense made progress and we should be happy.

cyborgg
09-19-2010, 09:27 PM
How's fantasy land treating you CA? Morgan State is a bad team. After squeaking by Division 2 Bowie State 14-7, they got pounded by Maryland 62-3.

In other news, ISU fell to Kansas State 27-20. We play UNI next week and will kick the crap out of them to avenge your loss last week. I know we can count on your support.

Meanwhile, FCS Drake lost to a decent Montana State team 48-21. Montana State lost by 1 point to Pac 10 Washington State the week before.

I'm sure some of you caught the Kansas vs Southern Miss game on ESPN a few nights ago. NDSU got some decent mentions from the announcers, but Kansas lost 31-16. I think KU will have an up and down year. They're very lucky they don't have to play Texas and Oklahoma this year.

CaBisonFan
09-19-2010, 11:26 PM
How's fantasy land treating you CA? Morgan State is a bad team. After squeaking by Division 2 Bowie State 14-7, they got pounded by Maryland 62-3.

Just fine thank you. We get the online scoreboard down here too...:cool:

HerdBot
09-19-2010, 11:40 PM

In other news, ISU fell to Kansas State 27-20. We play UNI next week and will kick the crap out of them to avenge your loss last week. I know we can count on your support.

Meanwhile, FCS Drake lost to a decent Montana State team 48-21. Montana State lost by 1 point to Pac 10 Washington State the week before.

I'm sure some of you caught the Kansas vs Southern Miss game on ESPN a few nights ago. NDSU got some decent mentions from the announcers, but Kansas lost 31-16. I think KU will have an up and down year. They're very lucky they don't have to play Texas and Oklahoma this year.

Morgan State has a good defense. They held that D2 team to 70 yards. THey do not have a good offense and we clearly shut them down. The point is our offense moved the ball very well against a good defense. Maybe not a top 10 defense but certainly respectable. The MEAC isn't a terrible confernce

CaBisonFan
09-20-2010, 12:02 AM
How's fantasy land treating you CA?

Fantasy land vs. Field of Dreams

Interesting matchup...:D

But I doubt that you'll kick UNI around.

BisoninNWMN
09-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Morgan State has a good defense. They held that D2 team to 70 yards. THey do not have a good offense and we clearly shut them down. The point is our offense moved the ball very well against a good defense. Maybe not a top 10 defense but certainly respectable. [B]The MEAC isn't a terrible confernce[/B

It might not be terrible but it is not very good....

bisoneer
09-20-2010, 02:03 AM
Morgan St. was a decent team, definetly not a cupcake...fast, big, and athletic...

Bison bison
09-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Morgan State is a below average FCS team.

The MEAC as a whole sucks.

Grizzled
09-20-2010, 02:20 AM
They may have been athletic but they where unorganized and undisciplined. They had absolutely no qb play and weren't very good up front on the o line. They would be a bottom of the barrel MVFC team.