PDA

View Full Version : The..."What did you learn at the first game?" thread

Herd Mentality
09-19-2010, 04:38 AM
1) Deep frying is now ILLEGAL during tailgating
2) Somehow the audio in the dome has gotten worse than last year. Did ANYONE hear them announce the winning 50/50 ticket number? Audio is garbage in lower 21 at any rate.
3) Do not attempt to throw out Snickers bars for the first Bison home touchdown of the season. This will get you removed from the game.
4) Runtheoption's mom is still louder than me.

Twentysix
09-19-2010, 06:06 AM
Who thought giving freshman glow sticks at the first game without explaining what will happen if you throw them on the field was a good idea?

Tatanka
09-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Flags an/or posters can not under any circumstances hang over the edge of row 1.

The GSMB is, in fact, for real.

Bisonfan1
09-19-2010, 02:23 PM
1 - The Dome Sucks
2 - Standing up for the kickoff or 3rd downs will not be tolerated by the ass&%$^ sitting behind me ( Im not kidding)
3 - It is better to remove ones self from game for a timeout because of #2
4 - The Dome Sucks
5 - Section 21 is still ONE better than section 20

BisoninNWMN
09-19-2010, 02:37 PM
2) Somehow the audio in the dome has gotten worse than last year. Did ANYONE hear them announce the winning 50/50 ticket number? Audio is garbage in lower 21 at any rate.
3) Do not attempt to throw out Snickers bars for the first Bison home touchdown of the season. This will get you removed from the game.

Should have thrown some to me.....behind you on the right....you would have been fine.....:D :D

BisoninNWMN
09-19-2010, 02:39 PM
1 - The Dome Sucks
2 - Standing up for the kickoff or 3rd downs will not be tolerated by the ass&%$^ sitting behind me ( Im not kidding)
4 - The Dome Sucks

Aww.....don't know about that one......:D :D

Section 20...1st 5-6 rows is pretty darn interesting.....:D

bisonmike2
09-19-2010, 03:24 PM

What???
http://www.half-right.com/temp/nooooo.jpg

Bisonfan1
09-19-2010, 04:34 PM
What???
http://www.half-right.com/temp/nooooo.jpg

Yep they say it was in the new tailgating rules that I threw away without reading, what a bunch of ^%$%, the security guys that came over to eat sure enjoyed the walleye that came out of the deep fryer. Whats next ? charcoal grills, then finally ban gas grills because someone could be cooking meth during tailgating. Must be a safety issue, but just as easy to lean on a hot grill as put your hand in boiling peanut oil. Didnt know about the one hour after game and your outa here rule instead of 2 hours after game or 11:00 PM whichever comes first. Going to GOBison to get up to speed and read the rules.

SDbison
09-19-2010, 04:48 PM
I think the elitists who want to constantly make new rules need to get shown the door. Its time to fight back. Guess next year someone should look into renting a lot adjacent to the dome $15 per space will go a long way. Screw the dome nazis.

NDSUFREAK
09-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I was at the gopher game in the student section yesterday and there was special issues of sports illustrated magazines on every seat for the students (so about 8,000 of them) and so when the gophers scored the first TD everyone threw them up in the air and it was utter chaos...i couldn't imagine what would have happened at the FFD if this was the case hahaha throwing a glow stick is nothing!

TAILG8R
09-19-2010, 05:02 PM
I learned, once again, that if you follow the rules you can still have a great tailgate session just like every other year.

Plenty of drinking, plenty of games, loud music and everyone around us had a blast.

I do like that they now ask you how many spaces you want when you pull in. It was nice to buy four spaces and not have to park right next to the people on both sides of you. I also thought the guy directing traffic I to parking spots was very helpful and wanted to make sure we had enough room for our trailer plus space to set up our games, chairs etc.

Bison bison
09-19-2010, 05:20 PM
I think the elitists who want to constantly make new rules need to get shown the door. Its time to fight back. Guess next year someone should look into renting a lot adjacent to the dome $15 per space will go a long way. Screw the dome nazis.

ditto this.

we haven't deep fried yet, but it was on the list of new things for later this year.

our 'little' group is writing a check for $540 for six spots. i can't see why we can't do pretty much anything we damn well want to within the confines of the law and public decency.

if there was an issue*, i'm fine with them dealing with it, but this proactive garbage is b.s.

Edit: some much for my pipe dream where our good behavior would merit a change in the rules that would allow kegs!

*i know the world is full of dumbasses who shouldn't be allowed to do anything, but there's no reason to govern the hell out of the rest of us.

BigBison
09-19-2010, 05:32 PM
I was surprised that the audio was so crappy at this game. I was in row EE or something and you could hardly hear the speakers, crank the volume to 10!

chuckles
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
I read nothing about deep frying in the rules on GoBison.com found here...
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1264858&SPID=714&SPSID=12309

It's defiantly the updated rules as it reflects the '1 hour after game' tailgating times. If there is a more recent version, can someone direct me to it.

BlueBisonRock
09-19-2010, 06:16 PM
1 - The Dome Sucks
4 - The Dome Sucks

Can't agree with item 2. It appeared to me that you could not stand up for any plays without getting a talking to. Perhaps the dome needs to have a couple of designated seats for those who are not able to stand up. I thought you handled the situation admirably. :bow:

runtheoption
09-19-2010, 06:18 PM
1)

TWSS. Wait, what....?

Also, I will gladly take my kids over to the Games Galore area at the next tailgating. There were mucho MILTFs over there, without another Dad in sight. YIPEEE!

TAB might be one of the funniest guys around. Nice Boa.

PL has the greatest life in the world. He should be making Dos Equis commercials. Stay thirsty, my friends.

Jack Daniels Hickory sauce is yummy.

Dome Nazis have not improved. Fargo PD must laugh at the lot security clowns as they walk around with them.

58 degrees and sunny while in a parking lot was easily warm enough for my shorts and sandals.

OTP vehicle has the greatest suspension in the world.

JE
09-19-2010, 09:10 PM
I learned that if you drink too much Captain Morgan you may pass out in the 3rd qrt...

Gully
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM
I'd like to know what big problems have happened that make them think they need to constantly add more rules to tailgating?

EndZoneQB
09-19-2010, 09:27 PM
TWSS. Wait, what....?

Also, I will gladly take my kids over to the Games Galore area at the next tailgating. There were mucho MILTFs over there, without another Dad in sight. YIPEEE!

NICE. Let me know next week and I'll be sure to head over there. I like me MILFs.

I do like that they now ask you how many spaces you want when you pull in. It was nice to buy four spaces and not have to park right next to the people on both sides of you. I also thought the guy directing traffic I to parking spots was very helpful and wanted to make sure we had enough room for our trailer plus space to set up our games, chairs etc.

We've always done this. It was more important buying spots in the actual parking lot...we used to have 10 or so spots a week. Now that we are in the grass, you just kind of take the space you want lol.

ndsubison1
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM
I just wanna see more creativeness in our play calling.

SDbison
09-19-2010, 09:36 PM
I didn't learn anything new except confirmed a bunch of stuff:
1. There is 500% too many security and police in the West lot. It feels like lockdown at a prison......not that I have any experience with prisons except watching movies.
2. The Fargodome has 80% attendance from people (they are just people in seats, not fans) who could give a rip about the game. UNI fans kick ass compared to our loser fans that can't stand, open their mouth (except to shove in more food) or put their hands together for even a golf clap.
3. The new tailgating rules suck. Guess I will no longer spend 20 minutes picking up trash during my 1 hour of post game. That was a total BS call. Same with the no more deep fryer decision. F'ing control freaks!

ndsubison1
09-19-2010, 09:45 PM
No deep frying? Are they crazy? This is America

roadwarrior
09-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Seriously, I think they make up rules as they walk around.

runtheoption
09-19-2010, 11:36 PM
Seriously, I think they make up rules as they walk around.

It seems like the biggest game of "Cups" ever.