PDA

View Full Version : Man, negative karma on here???

TheBisonator
09-19-2010, 02:50 AM
We just beat an inferior team 35-9, we may have found our new QB, our offense was improving throughout the game, WE ARE 2-1, and all I see on this board is whinnying and mooing about negative crap. Yes, we need to step it up on O, and yes, it needs to happen for a whole game, not just one half. But we've won two games already. PLEASE put things in perspective!! I'm a happy fan tonight. Are any of you??

Look, if our offense plays next week like they played the last 25 minutes of tonight's game, we will beat South Dakota by a decent margin. We're just gonna have to wait and see. Mohler is in not good shape right now. I suspect he will be ordered to take at least a week of bedrest. Brock will be in next week. And USD'd defense sucks just as bad as Morgan State's. We'll be able to score some points next week.

Everybody, seriously, just CHILL.

Ferd
09-19-2010, 02:53 AM
We just beat an inferior team 35-9, we may have found our new QB, our offense was improving throughout the game, WE ARE 2-1, and all I see on this board is whinnying and mooing about negative crap. Yes, we need to step it up on O, and yes, it needs to happen for a whole game, not just one half. But we've won two games already. PLEASE put things in perspective!! I'm a happy fan tonight. Are any of you??

Look, if our offense plays next week like they played the last 25 minutes of tonight's game, we will beat South Dakota by a decent margin. We're just gonna have to wait and see. Mohler is in not good shape right now. I suspect he will be ordered to take at least a week of bedrest. Brock will be in next week. And USD'd defense sucks just as bad as Morgan State's. We'll be able to score some points next week.

In the words of sambini:
+++++++++++++++++++++++

A1pigskin
09-19-2010, 02:53 AM
I'm glad to see we came out of the 2-1. I hope Jose comes out of the concussion with no other injuries.

JustinTyem
09-19-2010, 02:57 AM

Ummmm, Didnt the Coyotes beat Minny???

TheBisonator
09-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Ummmm, Didnt the Coyotes beat Minny???

Yes, but their D had issues all game. I watched that game. USD's D is not good.

A1pigskin
09-19-2010, 02:58 AM
It's time to go celebrate. Good game.................

THEsocalledfan
09-19-2010, 02:59 AM
I'm glad to see we came out of the 2-1. I hope Jose comes out of the concussion with no other injuries.

Jose heal up my friend.

But this does keep Bohl from making another QB blunder.

bisonmike2
09-19-2010, 03:04 AM
UNI, S, Illinois, and SDSU lost this weekend. Great news for us.

semobison
09-19-2010, 03:23 AM
And W. Illinois put 56 on the board against Sam Houston! We have them for homecoming, dont we?

tony
09-19-2010, 03:27 AM
UNI, S, Illinois, and SDSU lost this weekend. Great news for us.

UNI and SIU losing is bad for the conference. They're supposed to be conference powers and they go out and lose non-conference games? Bah.

CaBisonFan
09-19-2010, 03:29 AM
We have our very own:

QB...RB...OC...Controversy

Did I miss anything?...:D

TransAmBison
09-19-2010, 03:32 AM
I am happy tonight. Seeing a real qb on the field...almost as good as the Kansas win...heck...maybe even better. I look forward to a lot of things to improve. I am willing to be we play better in all facets of the ball next week. The o-line will not be dominant or punishing this year...but I think they will do just enough.

CaBisonFan
09-19-2010, 03:34 AM
I am happy tonight. Seeing a real qb on the field...almost as good as the Kansas win...heck...maybe even better. I look forward to a lot of things to improve. I am willing to be we play better in all facets of the ball next week. The o-line will not be dominant or punishing this year...but I think they will do just enough.

Hope you're right TAB. I agree about how this feels. For me...Morgan State was pretty darned salty. They had athletes. They don't have a quarterback. That's their biggest problem.

DjKyRo
09-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Couldn't agree more N8R, though the negativity was widely-available. Bison Nation as a whole needs to get more excited and less pessimistic.

bisonmike2
09-19-2010, 03:39 AM
UNI and SIU losing is bad for the conference. They're supposed to be conference powers and they go out and lose non-conference games? Bah.

If we don't win the conference and we end up with the same record as UNI, they'll get in over us because of the head to head. Them losing gives us a shot at ending up with a better record then them, hence, good news for us.

stevdock
09-19-2010, 03:40 AM

Yes definitely not the way to get more than 2 conference teams into the playoffs.

bisonmike2
09-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Yes definitely not the way to get more than 2 conference teams into the playoffs.

2? MVFC will put 3 in this year at least. Especially with the expanded format.

HerdBot
09-19-2010, 03:59 AM

I'm happy. We're 2-1. Our defense played well. Our offense struggled mightlily early on but really started to click late in the game. We found a QB who can throw downfield and be used as a running threat. That was against a pretty good defense too. Oh and Ryan Smith and the return game was great!

NEXT WEEK IS GOING TO BE A GREAT GAME!!

On top of that, UNI, SDSU, and SIU all lost. If you think our offense has trouble, how about SDSU? They are 0-2 and have put up 17 points in all games including only 2 late scores against an ISU defense that allowed 54 points to a D2 team.

bisonmike2
09-19-2010, 04:22 AM
I'm happy. We're 2-1. Our defense played well. Our offense struggled mightlily early on but really started to click late in the game. We found a QB who can throw downfield and be used as a running threat. That was against a pretty good defense too. Oh and Ryan Smith and the return game was great!

NEXT WEEK IS GOING TO BE A GREAT GAME!!

On top of that, UNI, SDSU, and SIU all lost. If you think our offense has trouble, how about SDSU? They are 0-2 and have put up 17 points in all games including only 2 late scores against an ISU defense that allowed 54 points to a D2 team.

Damn right! Bring on the Yotes!
http://www.phossil.com/thom/SIG%20556%20Commando/Commando%20Coyote/Commando%20Coyote2.jpg

http://www.bite.ca/bitedaily/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Wile-E-Coyote.jpg

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes, but their D had issues all game. I watched that game. USD's D is not good.

I don't know what game you watched, but they were tough against the run. They basically stuffed Minn in the second half. Their weakness is defending the pass.

They will match up well against us. We rely on the run too much and don't pass the ball very well. This is going to be a lot closer than most people on this board think.

BisoninNWMN
09-19-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't know what game you watched, but they were tough against the run. They basically stuffed Minn in the second half. Their weakness is defending the pass.

They will match up well against us. We rely on the run too much and don't pass the ball very well. This is going to be a lot closer than most people on this board think.

Very true.

USD is going to stack the box against us this week.

Vigen better call a better game or we might be in for a long game. USD will spread it out and let their QB make plays. Our offense needs to be moving the ball to keep the defense rested for us to win. Our defense is good but when you are on the field most of the game.....you get tired.

GO BISON

semobison
09-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Most of the fans on bisonville are the norm! What have you done for me lately? Im tempted to go check out EGRIZ. The mighty Griz are 1-2 after getting beat by EWU yesterday. It might put our situation into a little different perspective!

BisoninNWMN
09-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Most of the fans on bisonville are the norm! What have you done for me lately? Im tempted to go check out EGRIZ. The mighty Griz are 1-2 after getting beat by EWU yesterday. It might put our situation into a little different perspective!

LOL.....I'm sure it is "mayhem" over at egriz today....LOL

THEsocalledfan
09-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Very true.

USD is going to stack the box against us this week.

Vigen better call a better game or we might be in for a long game. USD will spread it out and let their QB make plays. Our offense needs to be moving the ball to keep the defense rested for us to win. Our defense is good but when you are on the field most of the game.....you get tired.

GO BISON

Come on guys....Vigen clearly improved the play calling as the game went on. If you rip like I do you need to give props when due.

BisoninNWMN
09-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Come on guys....Vigen clearly improved the play calling as the game went on. If you rip like I do you need to give props when due.

Ya, but he needs to be more "unpredictable".

2 tight-ends on 1st down makes the defense put 8-9 in the box....call a play-action pass or quick out instead of a lead run up the gut.

He did call a better game in the 2nd half but do it for a whole game.....

semobison
09-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Id like to see us throw on first down half the time. Everyone in the fargodome knows what we are going to run on first down. Its Ok if your getting 5 yards a pop, but unfortunatly were getting 1 or 2 on a good play. We need to throw to set up the run until we get the other teams to back out of the box. Lets get the defense guessing! We are not good enough to run right at them and say,... stop this!

Ferd
09-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Id like to see us throw on first down half the time. Everyone in the fargodome knows what we are going to run on first down. Its Ok if your getting 5 yards a pop, but unfortunatly were getting 1 or 2 on a good play. We need to throw to set up the run until we get the other teams to back out of the box. Lets get the defense guessing! We are not good enough to run right at them and say,... stop this!

I think I remember three straight passes to open the Kansas game???

bisonfan11
09-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Perhaps the first offensive play next week should be a bomb from Jensen to Titus Mack. That would screw up USD.

mebisonII
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Perhaps the first offensive play next week should be a bomb from Jensen to Titus Mack. That would screw up USD.

Open with a fake punt. That'll really throw them off.

Tatanka
09-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Open with a fake punt. That'll really throw them off.

My name is Tatanka and I approve this message.

My 6 year old son plays Madden for Wii this way. Fake punt pass. At least once per offensive series. Never on fourth down. He seems to win more than he loses, and the best part is watching him jawing back to John Madden when Madden spouts off about how bad of a playcall that is.