PDA

View Full Version : dome is a joke

lakesbison
09-19-2010, 01:22 AM
No atmosphere, no.drinking at Halftime. No.music to pump us.up.....even the almonds suck. Im pissed off

Kevin
09-19-2010, 01:33 AM
And your boy just lost his starting job. Harsh night all around.

chuckles
09-19-2010, 01:33 AM
How many students we got left?!!

lakesbison
09-19-2010, 01:36 AM
Half. It's just stale. No one cheers.....too many old people and kids

Kevin
09-19-2010, 01:37 AM

You're right about this. It's more like church than a game in section 32 a lot of the time.

chuckles
09-19-2010, 01:46 AM

AGREE. 95% of the fan shots they show on the screens/ web stream are cute little kids who don't give a crap what the score is. The parents are there for the social aspect of it. Man I love away games!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-19-2010, 02:00 AM
It'll get better if we keep winning. :)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-19-2010, 02:10 AM
No atmosphere, no.drinking at Halftime. No.music to pump us.up.....even the almonds suck. Im pissed off

Aren't you supposed to be at the game???

Do you take your laptop with you in the stands??????

A1pigskin
09-19-2010, 02:12 AM
I have seen all sorts. I have seen kids get into the game. So I don't think you can put all kids and old people in the lame category.

tony
09-19-2010, 02:18 AM
I have seen all sorts. I have seen kids get into the game. So I don't think you can put all kids and old people in the lame category.

Same with the old folks. I mean, Ma is retired but, seriously, I use to dread going to a game with her because she yelled things that were pretty blood curdling. On second thought, maybe I *should* take her to a game because God help the the security guy who lays a hand on her (better to stick your junk in grizzly's mouth and slap him on the nose than get on Ma's bad side.)

A1pigskin
09-19-2010, 02:34 AM
Same with the old folks. I mean, Ma is retired but, seriously, I use to dread going to a game with her because she yelled things that were pretty blood curdling. On second thought, maybe I *should* take her to a game because God help the the security guy who lays a hand on her (better to stick your junk in grizzly's mouth and slap him on the nose than get on Ma's bad side.)

lol:D :D :D :D

CaBisonFan
09-19-2010, 02:39 AM
lakes...it's a dome. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

stevdock
09-19-2010, 03:20 AM
That had more to do with the teams production than anything else. Wins and points will take care of that.

Thunder_Struck
09-19-2010, 03:26 AM
Actually I had the almonds tonight, and they were good as always.

cvbison1
09-19-2010, 03:29 AM
they need to turn the music WAY up. can hardly hear it.

TbonZach
09-19-2010, 03:31 AM
And that band was kick-ass as always! Well, mostly. Stand music got repetitive reeeeally quick..... Seriously. We have around 25 songs that we can play and we played maybe 10. :banghead:

Go Bison!

MHDBisonfan
09-19-2010, 03:34 AM
Its not the dome, its the team. A 3-8 season tends to sap the excitement level, followed up by laying an egg in Cedar Falls. Cap that off with 21 yards of offense thru the first 29 minutes of the half and you get no atmosphere.

Thunder_Struck
09-19-2010, 03:34 AM
they need to turn the music WAY up. can hardly hear it.

I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't the music much louder the first year they did the tunnel walk?

onbison09
09-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Well in the first half the students were really good. I think a big name opponent like SIU or SDSU and the crowd is loud.

stevdock
09-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Well in the first half the students were really good. I think a big name opponent like SIU or SDSU and the crowd is loud.

Agreed, and then the rest of the season ticket holders will show up too. That was quite pathetic to have that many empty seats between the 40's.

Tatanka
09-19-2010, 03:47 AM

Agreed. Morgan State had at least 7 false starts and had to burn several timeouts due to crowd noise. We'll need that x2 against the you-dot next week

semobison
09-19-2010, 03:52 AM
As an old timer, I miss old Dakota Field. It only held 10 to 12 thousand, but the fans were real!

Wally
09-19-2010, 03:55 AM
As an old timer, I miss old Dakota Field. It only held 10 to 12 thousand, but the fans were real!

You don't have to be an old timer to miss dacotah field.

soupcan
09-19-2010, 04:17 AM
10,000 jacked up football fans outside in any conditions is way better than 20,000 in any dome. You will not gave grama and grampa and the kids outside because its not nice enough for them or there ears & if they did come they would be hard core fans & I would love to cheer next to them.

HerdBot
09-19-2010, 04:29 AM

Crowd was good early.
Students were out in full force and were loud. Thought the 4,000 glow sticks was cool.
Dome was loud enough early on to cause 3 or 4 delay or false start penalties.
The dome was quiet in the 2nd because the offense really sucked in the 1st quarter. Not much to cheer about. My whole section was bitching openly about Vigen.
Too many people left at half.

Atmosphere? Tailgate was great. Music and PA... I liked to hear Jack Michaels voice quieter but the music was way too quiet. What ever happened to putting a mic on the band? Crowd was trying to get into it but the 1st quarter offense sucked the life out the stadium.

GoRams
09-19-2010, 01:28 PM
That had more to do with the teams production than anything else. Wins and points will take care of that.

This....... The crowd isn't going to cheer just for the sake of cheering. The team needs to give the "old people, and kids" something to get excited about.

BisoninNWMN
09-19-2010, 01:33 PM
PA system sucked!!!

Could not hear the announcer at all. It might have been too loud in yrs past but the PA system last night was horrible.

Ya, Vigen's playcalling is not too popular with Bison-nation right now.....:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

56BISON73
09-20-2010, 03:02 AM

You really must be drunk if thats all you are seeing.

ndsubison1
09-20-2010, 03:04 AM

are you sure you werent at perkins or dennys? :rofl:

SDbison
09-20-2010, 03:22 AM
I hear all sorts of excuses, but honestly I believe 80% of the fans at the dome don't get up except for the kickoff and might cheer once or twice otherwise. I looked behind me in section 21 when the game was getting interesting on a defensive 3rd down and there was about 20 rows between me and Lakes with NOBODY STANDING OR CHEERING! WTF?
OK so maybe a small fraction of the younger and older people cheer (I know my mother did before she died) but what about the rest of the place? Talk about dead!
The announcer and some videos in the dome need to get the crowd going more regularly. Play MORE music LOUDER and get these so called fans going. Sick of all the commercials and people woried about stuffing their faces with concessions. Its a FOOTBALL GAME people.......not a broadway play or hollywood movie!

ndsubison1
09-20-2010, 03:25 AM
It's North Dakota. Most of the fans are too conservative to stand or yell. NDians are quiet ppl

westnodak93bison
09-20-2010, 03:28 AM
yeah, I really get sick of people telling me to sit down etc...I've been scolded for throwing out some F bombs and I can understand that. Can you imagine if they sold beer at the games. They are missing out on a gold mine.

BlueBisonRock
09-20-2010, 03:40 AM
I hear all sorts of excuses, but honestly I believe 80% of the fans at the dome don't get up except for the kickoff and might cheer once or twice otherwise. I looked behind me in section 21 when the game was getting interesting on a defensive 3rd down and there was about 20 rows between me and Lakes with NOBODY STANDING OR CHEERING! WTF?

You know SD, Somedays we just can not argue with the points you make.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSCN0269.jpg

SDbison
09-20-2010, 03:54 AM
Sorry Rock........didn't realize how much I block the view from your seat.! haha! Guess I make a better door than a window. :blush:

BlueBisonRock
09-20-2010, 03:56 AM
Sorry Rock........didn't realize how much I block the view from your seat.! haha! Guess I make a better door than a window. :blush:

Hell, you are thirty plus feet away! Just used a 'long' lense. Keep on standing (and keep BF1 on his feet also!). ;)

HerdBot
09-20-2010, 04:55 AM
OK so maybe a small fraction of the younger and older people cheer (I know my mother did before she died) but what about the rest of the place? Talk about dead!
The announcer and some videos in the dome need to get the crowd going more regularly. Play MORE music LOUDER and get these so called fans going. Sick of all the commercials and people woried about stuffing their faces with concessions. Its a FOOTBALL GAME people.......not a broadway play or hollywood movie!

It was the worst produced game I have ever seen. The announcer and video boards do a TERRIBLE job of getting the crowd fired up. There was little or no interaction with the PA & video boards with the crowd. They need to send cheerleaders or Thundar through the crowd because they were acting like they were in church for the 2nd half. Shoot some more T-shirts into the crowd. Try to do ANYTHING to get them crowd involved or excited. Put the "Lets go Bison" chant on the video board or PA. Turn the music up louder. Mic the band. Show video clips from the tailgating lot. Take a page from the Redhawks and get the crowd involved. I was not impressed at all. It just completely lack entertainment value. Heck even the National Anthem sucked with the long and uncomfortable pause. It flat out sucked. The only cool thing was the 4K glow sticks.

The crowd is bad when you prompt them but it really sucks when they don't get cues. They seemed to tone Michaels down this year but they need to use him more as a cheerleader.

DjKyRo
09-20-2010, 04:59 AM
It was the worst produced game I have ever seen. The announcer and video boards do a TERRIBLE job of getting the crowd fired up. There was little or no interaction with the PA & video boards with the crowd. They need to send cheerleaders or Thundar through the crowd because they were acting like they were in church for the 2nd half. Shoot some more T-shirts into the crowd. Try to do ANYTHING to get them crowd involved or excited. Put the "Lets go Bison" chant on the video board or PA. Turn the music up louder. Mic the band. Show video clips from the tailgating lot. Take a page from the Redhawks and get the crowd involved. I was not impressed at all. It just completely lack entertainment value. Heck even the National Anthem sucked with the long and uncomfortable pause. It flat out sucked.

The crowd is bad when you prompt them but it really sucks when they don't get cues. They seemed to tone Michaels down this year but they need to use him more as a cheerleader.

By and large I agree, gabe. Too often it seems like the most excited the crowd gets is for the Q-doba T-shirt Toss, and that's just disheartening when people are more excited for free clothes than for the Bison to win. I'm assuming that's not the case but it's much easier to get excited when those around you do - it's up to the average fan to lead by example.

Also, the band is mic'd already.

HerdBot
09-20-2010, 05:15 AM
By and large I agree, gabe. Too often it seems like the most excited the crowd gets is for the Q-doba T-shirt Toss, and that's just disheartening when people are more excited for free clothes than for the Bison to win. I'm assuming that's not the case but it's much easier to get excited when those around you do - it's up to the average fan to lead by example.

Also, the band is mic'd already.

What pisses me off is we have the best video boards in the entire FCS. We have a phenomenal sound system. We have the biggest fan base and a dome that should be over the top noisy. But we can't figure out a way to use the technology to get the crowd fired up.

The glow sticks were cool and I liked was the radio calls attached to the replay. That was pretty sweet. I also like the "great moments in bison history" segment they started last year.

People have short attention spans and they like to get involved but we need to have someone lead the crowd.

I was at the Vikings game and they have a thing called "Beat Paul Allens radio call" and they took a guy on the crowd who did the radio call to the video replay. It was fun and the crowd was cheering the guy on.

Play the music loud and mix it up!

Need some major changes. The good news is they can be done quickly.

lakesbison
09-20-2010, 05:33 AM
NEED a TEAMMAKER NOISE SECTION, DOWN IN FRONT IN SECTION 21.

NO ONE SIT DOWN, AND EVERYONE CHEERS AND SCREAMS AND YELLS. (OTHERS WILL FOLLOW)

silkamilkamonico
09-20-2010, 05:37 AM
I wasn't at the game, and I know the lazy enviroment the dome has and agree with that, but people were saying the noise in the dome accounted for several false starts/delay of games, and penalties throughout the game. True or fabricated?

WYOBISONMAN
09-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Now THIS is a true Bison fan!!!!!!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSCN0269.jpg

HerdBot
09-20-2010, 05:47 AM
I wasn't at the game, and I know the lazy enviroment the dome has and agree with that, but people were saying the noise in the dome accounted for several false starts/delay of games, and penalties throughout the game. True or fabricated?

True but only because Morgan State spent the first quarter near the student section. They were loud. The rest of the dome was like bible study. Half the students left at half time then it went from bad to worse. We had zero home field advantage in the 2nd half. Fans were barely cheering on 3rd down.

56BISON73
09-20-2010, 03:36 PM
What pisses me off is we have the best video boards in the entire FCS. We have a phenomenal sound system. We have the biggest fan base and a dome that should be over the top noisy. But we can't figure out a way to use the technology to get the crowd fired up.

The glow sticks were cool and I liked was the radio calls attached to the replay. That was pretty sweet. I also like the "great moments in bison history" segment they started last year.

People have short attention spans and they like to get involved but we need to have someone lead the crowd.

I was at the Vikings game and they have a thing called "Beat Paul Allens radio call" and they took a guy on the crowd who did the radio call to the video replay. It was fun and the crowd was cheering the guy on.

Play the music loud and mix it up!

Need some major changes. The good news is they can be done quickly.

The video boards are for advertising=making money. Not for fan entertainment. I think thats a reason they dont post many game day scores of other teams.

roadwarrior
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
The video boards are for advertising=making money. Not for fan entertainment. I think thats a reason they dont post many game day scores of other teams.

The scores of other games are displayed below the main scoreboards in the end zones. Now their selection of which scores to display is another matter.

56BISON73
09-20-2010, 03:41 PM
The scores of other games are displayed below the main scoreboards in the end zones. Now their selection of which scores to display is another matter.

I saw them briefly. they posted like 6 games and one of the games was left over from last year. Weber State and Sacramento. Unless they played this weekend also.:D