PDA

View Full Version : Some CA thoughts for the day...and the season

CaBisonFan
09-18-2010, 03:38 PM
People that know me here know that I'm a die-hard Bison fan...and an old one at that. Heck...I watched 73 play in the early 70s when I was in college. But I'm still pissed that he never had a running play put in for him. :D

I've been with them through thick & thin. I'm not a bandwagon fan. You won't find a more fanatical Bison fan than me. I took down my old videos from YouTube for several reasons...but the main one was symbolic of the need to move on. History is great, but this new Bison team needs a chance to create its own tradition. The vids will come back someday. I'll let you all know when that happens.

Yup...I've been very critical of the offensive scheme that Vigen has in place. I've grown weary of what I see as marginal improvement (if any) since he took over. I know Brent's family because they're from the Buxton area, very close to Mayville (my hometown). I played basketball against some of his relatives. They're great people.

But...I believe that a program like North Dakota State deserves a proven expert at OC. That's not personal Brent. I agree with the people who say that 1-1 is good right now.

I would like nothing better than to see the offense come alive...and for Brent to succeed. On the other hand...we've seen the defense come alive under a new DC. Yup...they suffered some at UNI...but as others have said...they were on the field too long. They also made some mistakes. We beat Kansas because of a smothering defense. We are very athletic...and some young talent & depth is emerging. Fun

I just want the Bison to play Bison football. There is nothing personal about my desire to see the greatest athletic dynasty in the upper-midwest, and the pride of the state of North Dakota to be highly successful.

Go Bison!!

1bizon1
09-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Two thumbs up CA. Great post!!

99Bison
09-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Two thumbs up CA. Great post!!

++++++++++++++++

56BISON73
09-18-2010, 04:23 PM
People that know me here know that I'm a die-hard Bison fan...and an old one at that. Heck...I watched 73 play in the early 70s when I was in college. But I'm still pissed that he never had a running play put in for him. :D

I've been with them through thick & thin. I'm not a bandwagon fan. You won't find a more fanatical Bison fan than me. I took down my old videos from YouTube for several reasons...but the main one was symbolic of the need to move on. History is great, but this new Bison team needs a chance to create its own tradition. The vids will come back someday. I'll let you all know when that happens.

Yup...I've been very critical of the offensive scheme that Vigen has in place. I've grown weary of what I see as marginal improvement (if any) since he took over. I know Brent's family because they're from the Buxton area, very close to Mayville (my hometown). I played basketball against some of his relatives. They're great people.

But...I believe that a program like North Dakota State deserves a proven expert at OC. That's not personal Brent. I agree with the people who say that 1-1 is good right now.

I would like nothing better than to see the offense come alive...and for Brent to succeed. On the other hand...we've seen the defense come alive under a new DC. Yup...they suffered some at UNI...but as others have said...they were on the field too long. They also made some mistakes. We beat Kansas because of a smothering defense. We are very athletic...and some young talent & depth is emerging. Fun

I just want the Bison to play Bison football. There is nothing personal about my desire to see the greatest athletic dynasty in the upper-midwest, and the pride of the state of North Dakota to be highly successful.

Go Bison!!

Good post CA!!!!

yeah i am still pissed about that:D

DjKyRo
09-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Classic CA. It's good to be back. :)

sambini
09-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Well done CA+++

Kermit
09-18-2010, 06:08 PM
I agree. Vigen seems like a great guy, and I'm sure he works his tail off, but I'm not convinced that he is the right guy to be the OC or QB coach at NDSU. I would be happy to be proven wrong. Excellent post CA!

BisoninNWMN
09-18-2010, 06:48 PM
CA...good post!!!

Hopefully, Vigen opens up his playbook today. We should dominate this team....no excuses!!

GO BISON

A1pigskin
09-18-2010, 08:35 PM
The play book definitely needs to open up. When the fans, worse yet the other team, knows the play before it's ran, then it's time. The time is now.