PDA

View Full Version : Idea for the Morgan State game

bisonfan11
09-16-2010, 01:46 PM
I'll admit maybe I have been too soft on Jose Mohler. I still think that Mohler is still better than Mertens, however that might not be good enough to lead NDSU to the promise land. what I'd like to see no matter what the score is Jose start at QB in the 1st half and Brock start in the 2nd half. That should be a great measuring stick between which QB is better. Not only that but I want to see D.J. McNorton play the 1st half and Matt Voightlander start the 2nd half. For me McNorton has done just as much as Mohler has done for the offense. I know that Voightlander's stats are not good (4 carries 5 yards), but once again Bohl refuses to play Voightlander even though IMO Voightlander is every bit as good as McNorton. I just would like to see what different players bring to the table. If Jensen plays WAY better than Mohler in the 2nd half give Jensen the job. There needs to be more positions looked at that just the QB position, and hopefully after the Morgan State game we will have more answers than questions.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
09-16-2010, 03:14 PM
I think we should be looking at the o-line positions too. Our o-line did nothing last week as to what they did in Kansas.

buffalobob
09-16-2010, 03:26 PM
I think we should be looking at the o-line positions too. Our o-line did nothing last week as to what they did in Kansas.

Wake up Ashley, there were changes in the starting line-up for the O-line made this week!

Dabison
09-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Then I think we should rotate offensive and defensive coordinators, followed by a 2nd half rotation of Coach Bohl and Thundar.

lakesbison
09-16-2010, 04:06 PM
bob be nice to Ashley..... she could be rainin saturday. I dont want you chasing her off.

Bison bison
09-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Then I think we should rotate offensive and defensive coordinators, followed by a 2nd half rotation of Coach Bohl and Thundar.

+++

let's not stop there.

i've drawn up a couple of offensive plays that i think would work really for the bison. all i need is 8 sets of downs to prove my merit.

bisonmike2
09-16-2010, 04:21 PM
+++

let's not stop there.

i've drawn up a couple of offensive plays that i think would work really for the bison. all i need is 8 sets of downs to prove my merit.

We could have a txt in the play contest, where fans get to txt in a play to a number and then one will be selected at random. It's got to work better than what we've been doing.

stevdock
09-16-2010, 05:26 PM
I'll admit maybe I have been too soft on Jose Mohler. I still think that Mohler is still better than Mertens, however that might not be good enough to lead NDSU to the promise land. what I'd like to see no matter what the score is Jose start at QB in the 1st half and Brock start in the 2nd half. That should be a great measuring stick between which QB is better. Not only that but I want to see D.J. McNorton play the 1st half and Matt Voightlander start the 2nd half. For me McNorton has done just as much as Mohler has done for the offense. I know that Voightlander's stats are not good (4 carries 5 yards), but once again Bohl refuses to play Voightlander even though IMO Voightlander is every bit as good as McNorton. I just would like to see what different players bring to the table. If Jensen plays WAY better than Mohler in the 2nd half give Jensen the job. There needs to be more positions looked at that just the QB position, and hopefully after the Morgan State game we will have more answers than questions.

Isn't this what practice is for?? Why do we need to see whether Mohler or Jensen are better, or Voit compared to DJ?? The coaches are paid to make those decisions. Hopefully all for of those guys get plenty of game reps Saturday, but in the end it's doing whatever it takes to win. And if playing Mohler and DJ until the end of the game gets the team better, that's what the coaches need to do.

BlueBisonRock
09-16-2010, 05:47 PM
We could have a txt in the play contest, where fans get to txt in a play to a number and then one will be selected at random. It's got to work better than what we've been doing.

Six of the eight would call for the TE deep down the middle of the field. The remaining two would call for the speed option to the wide side.

Either would mix it up well!

tojo70
09-16-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't like the idea of rotating quarterbacks. They do that a lot out here at Montana with Selle and Roper. To me it disrupts the flow of the entire offense. The entire offense needs to have someone...one person back there leading the show.
Plus, in my opinion there's a mentality to being a starter and being a backup. The starter should always feel like there's pressure from someone good waiting to take his spot, and the backup should do his best to make the starter perform by pushing him in practice and also maybe seeing things from the sidelines that the starter didn't see during the game.

NDSU1980
09-16-2010, 05:55 PM
bob be nice to Ashley..... she could be rainin saturday. I dont want you chasing her off.

I could be wrong Lakes, but I think "Ashley" is a boy and his real name isn't Ashley. Sorry to rain on your parade.

bisonmike2
09-16-2010, 06:16 PM
I could be wrong Lakes, but I think "Ashley" is a boy and his real name isn't Ashley. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Maybe Lakes knew that all along and is still interested?

SDbison
09-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Isn't this what practice is for?? Why do we need to see whether Mohler or Jensen are better, or Voit compared to DJ?? The coaches are paid to make those decisions. Hopefully all for of those guys get plenty of game reps Saturday, but in the end it's doing whatever it takes to win. And if playing Mohler and DJ until the end of the game gets the team better, that's what the coaches need to do.
Sorry, some kids play better than they practice and vice-versa. Look at all the criticism of Walker that Bohl had......said the kid didn't practice well, and we know the rest of the story. Bohls stubborness is getting this team nowhere. Start Voitlander or Jensen for a game and see what happens. Same with the receivers......we need a kid who runs the right routes, blocks and catches well. All the flash in the world doesn't count when you need first downs.

lakesbison
09-16-2010, 06:53 PM
haha.. who cares, dont have a freakin girls name then!

5dimes.com
NDSU -24
Morgan st

bisonmike2
09-16-2010, 06:58 PM

5dimes.com
NDSU -24
Morgan st

Hey, did that first bet pay off for you? NDSU, Idaho and Central Florida to cover?

lakesbison
09-16-2010, 07:02 PM
HELLL YEA! everyone crushed. and Ill be getting my new 46" HD TV with that!

bisonmike2
09-16-2010, 07:05 PM
HELLL YEA! everyone crushed. and Ill be getting my new 46" HD TV with that!

And no problem with 5dimes funding your account?

Thinking about getting in on that action.

ndsubison1
09-16-2010, 07:13 PM

5dimes.com
NDSU -24
Morgan st

It might be a fan from Ashley, ND...

HerdBot
09-16-2010, 07:15 PM

Its not going to matter if we can't figure out how to throw deep and keep the safeties playing close to the line of scrimmagee.

LDJ and Voight are completely different style runners and both bring a lot to the table but neither guy has had a hole to run through. DJ is better at creating something out of nothing but Voight appears to be better in pass protection.

Brock is completely un tested but it would be nice to see him get some experience since Jose has been getting beat down and will probably not last the entire season unless protection improves dramatically. I would hate to see him have to come in unprepared when Jose gets hurt. Its the best scenario for the team.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-17-2010, 05:57 AM
It might be a fan from Ashley, ND...

Well let them still be rainin for lakes sake :D

BisoninNWMN
09-17-2010, 11:41 AM
If Mohler cannot move the ball against this team (Morgan State) then the coaches better put in Jensen. Same with DJ.....although, I think Voit is a lot better back anyway.....

We should dominate this team on offense and defense....no excuses this time for the coaches.

After the next 3 games we should...better be 4-1 if we have a chance at the playoffs.

JustinTyem
09-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Sorry, some kids play better than they practice and vice-versa. Look at all the criticism of Walker that Bohl had......said the kid didn't practice well, and we know the rest of the story. Bohls stubborness is getting this team nowhere. Start Voitlander or Jensen for a game and see what happens. Same with the receivers......we need a kid who runs the right routes, blocks and catches well. All the flash in the world doesn't count when you need first downs.
Brock is a PLAYER,not a practice dummy. Thats why he out played Jose in the spring game.