PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State - seating?

mebisonII
09-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Does anyone here have tickets for ISU-Red yet? Just wondering where you are sitting and I am pretty sure I'm coming over to the game and want to get a couple tickets ordered now.

This is the one the Chicagoans were talking about coming down to, right? Any coordination among you of where to get seats?

TbonZach
09-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Does anyone here have tickets for ISU-Red yet? Just wondering where you are sitting and I am pretty sure I'm coming over to the game and want to get a couple tickets ordered now.

This is the one the Chicagoans were talking about coming down to, right? Any coordination among you of where to get seats?

I'm in section H. (GA seating)

BisonAccountant44
09-15-2010, 09:07 PM
This is the one that we're working on getting a Chicago group down to.

Gcity said that the plan for the Chicago group will be for anyone that wants to go, to buy their own game/train tickets, and then meet for the trip down.

My plan was to wait to buy my tickets until the email from the alumni center that he and Sherri are working on comes out to make sure that I'm sitting with the group.

I know that the seating chart on the ISU website says one sideline is all GA, but I don't know if you're still "restricted" to a section or if you can sit in any GA section. Since Tbon has a section, I assume you're still supposed to stay in one section. Of course, if someone knows that a GA tickets gives you GA in any GA section, then I'll probably buy mine earlier just to have them.

mebisonII
09-15-2010, 09:25 PM
This is the one that we're working on getting a Chicago group down to.

Gcity said that the plan for the Chicago group will be for anyone that wants to go, to buy their own game/train tickets, and then meet for the trip down.

My plan was to wait to buy my tickets until the email from the alumni center that he and Sherri are working on comes out to make sure that I'm sitting with the group.

I know that the seating chart on the ISU website says one sideline is all GA, but I don't know if you're still "restricted" to a section or if you can sit in any GA section. Since Tbon has a section, I assume you're still supposed to stay in one section. Of course, if someone knows that a GA tickets gives you GA in any GA section, then I'll probably buy mine earlier just to have them.

Be sure to post up on here if you do come up with a section. I won't be on the emails since I'm not coming from Chicago area.

I was wondering the same thing about the GA tickets, maybe I'll call the ticket office tomorrow.

roadwarrior
09-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Two years ago most of the Bison fans were in sections G and H (which were general admission), although a good portion of that side of the stadium was mostly empty. This year the game is their homecoming, so maybe they will have more fans.

IndyBison
09-15-2010, 10:06 PM
I was planning to go to this game but I ended up getting an assignment to wear stripes at DePauw that day. I'll be there in spirit though!

chuckles
09-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Ordered my tickets this weekend, GA Section H. I should have a group of 7 or 8 going to the game. Tailgating lots open at 7am!!! Game at 2pm.

Anyone else planning to attend? How is the Chicago group's plans coming together?

IL_Bison
09-22-2010, 02:29 AM
Ordered my tickets this weekend, GA Section H. I should have a group of 7 or 8 going to the game. Tailgating lots open at 7am!!! Game at 2pm.

Anyone else planning to attend? How is the Chicago group's plans coming together?

Got my tickets yesterday for Section H. 2 to 4 of us coming over from Missouri. Should be a heck of a game.

G-city Bison Fan
09-22-2010, 03:04 AM
So a heads up on where everything is at in the planning stages.

As far as tickets I think as long as you get in the GA section we should all be relatively close, section H seems to be the place to be.

There won't be an official tailgate for the game because it is just too costly to do one for every game. What will be available is a pre-game (I am thinking about 11:30-1:30) meet at a nearby bar/resturant. The alumni association will send some NDSU gear and hopefully we can get our own section/room in the bar.

I am gonna be taking the train, and I will post it again for those interested (and it will be included in the email to all the Chicago alumni that will hopefully be going out next week). I will make sure that any email information that goes out to the "Chicago Metro Area" alumni will also get posted here on the board, and if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Saturday, October 16, 2010 303 Lincoln Service (CHI - BNL) Depart: 9:25 am, Sat, Oct 16, 2010
Arrive: 11:39 am, Sat, Oct 16, 2010
Duration: 2 hr, 14 min
Amenities 1 Adult $13.00
1 Reserved Coach Seat
Subtotal $13.00

Saturday, October 16, 2010 306 Lincoln Service (BNL - CHI) Depart: 8:36 pm, Sat, Oct 16, 2010
Arrive: 11:10 pm, Sat, Oct 16, 2010
Duration: 2 hr, 34 min
Amenities 1 Adult $13.00
1 Reserved Coach Seat
Subtotal $13.00

Total $26.00

mebisonII
09-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I'll probably buy tickets within the next couple days, for section H hopefully.

I think I'm bringing 1 from here, possibly meeting up with some more people in Peoria, and coming on over for some tailgating. Depending on what happens with the Peoria group, we may try to hook up with the bar/restaurant group as well.

BisonAccountant44
09-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Just bought all my tickets, we'll be in section H too. So far, it's just my girlfriend and I, but I have a few other friends in town that may be making the trip also.

mebisonII
09-30-2010, 01:38 AM
Got my tickets for section H as well, courtesy of a BVer that had back out and had a pair of tickets to sell.

Should be a great time!

G-city Bison Fan
10-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Just a little bit of an update on things.

Unfortunately, there won't be a pregame event at any of the bars. I called around to a few of the local places and none of them were too keen on the idea of letting NDSU have it's own area. It is there homecoming and I don't think they were worried about customers.

However, hopefully there is still some individual tailgating and it sounds like a nice crowd is forming in section H.

Just as a side note and sorta a future annoucement, there will be a watch party somewhere in Chicago (gotta make some phone calls) for the SDSU game. If any of you have any suggestions/recommendations let me know.

Redbird Ray
10-05-2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.goredbirds.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/tailgating.html

Hey there Bisonville!

Here is a link to all of the information you guys might need on tailgating. One edit I'm not sure was made to the tailgate map, but I'm pretty sure it's $10 to park for all tailgating/parking spots.

I know many of you have buses and RVs, if you have one of these, you will be directed to one of the lots North of the stadium.

If you plan on taking the Amtrak from Chicago (I might be as well), make sure you get on the one train in the 0900 hour. This should get you to Normal in time for the game, but Amtrak service is always a bit of a toss up. Hopefully you all still get down with plenty of time to tailgate. It's about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the Uptown Normal station to Hancock, but it's a nice walk through our beautiful campus.

No bars right around the stadium, but plenty within a 10 min walk of the stadium.

Bars in Uptown Normal:
Pub II - Linden Street
Brew Ha's - Linden Street
Lunkers - Linden Street
Firehouse Pizza/Pub - Beaufort Street
Maggie Miley's - Beaufort Street
Medici - North Street

Tons (about 30 or so) of bars 3 miles down from Campus in downtown Bloomington (ISU's true alcoholic epicenter).

Hope this all helps.

chuckles
10-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Redbird: I read the lots open at 7am, but it also states tailgating will start 3 hours prior to the game. How does that work? How early does one have to arrive to get a spot in G73 or G83? Which is the best lot? Are we allowed to set up prior to but just can't crack a beer till 11:00am? Thanks!

56BISON73
10-14-2010, 01:55 AM
So who is going.

BisonAccountant44
10-14-2010, 04:54 PM
So who is going.

Yeah, whose tailgate am I crashing when I get off the train??? :D :D ;) :cheers:

56BISON73
10-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Just ordered my tickets Sec G general admission.

mebisonII
10-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Sweet. I just need to remember to print my tickets sometime in the next 40 hours or so.

Maybe I should also call the guy who's tailgate I'm crashing sometime before I show up. :p

Sounds like Section G and H will be the places to be!

56BISON73
10-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Talked to the ticket office about tailgating.

On the East side of the stadium there is Main street. That is where people tailgate who dont have reserved parking. Gee they have that too!!!
Its called the Main Street Lot. It opens at 7am and the cost is $10.00.

56BISON73
10-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Ok. Got tired of sitting around waiting for the KS vs KS State game so we are heading to Normal tonight. Should be a nice night for a trip.

chuckles
10-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Those of you making the trip are welcome to stop by. Myself and a couple other NDSU grads, along with some coworkers will be there.

The rummy bears are soaking in the fridge!!

56BISON73
10-15-2010, 07:22 AM
We be here. So Chuckles what ya going to have to eat????:hungry:

Redbird Ray
10-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Chuckles - and anyone else who is coming, all tailgate lots should still be open at 7AM, and I'm pretty sure you can party at will from 7AM on (in the tailgate lots, of course you can party elsewhere before then:nod: ).

I think the 3 hour point on the link is from an outdated tailgating policy. On weeknights, ISU does not allow tailgating until 3 hours before gametime as to not interfere with classes etc (I think this is stupid). You should be all good starting at 7AM though.

As for lot preference, you might have an easier time getting a good spot in G-83, but I tend to prefer G-73, as it is closer to the east side of the stadium and campus underpass (you will see what I mean tomorrow) and there is a band on the south end of G-73 usually about 2 hours before kickoff, which is kind of cool. But again, if you know people who will be bringing RVs and buses, they will likely be directed to G-83, so if you want to be by them, maybe that is your lot. G-83 is also slightly easier to get out of right after the game.

Just my experience though. I am currently carless in Chicago, so I will be Amtraking it down there and will be mooching off of other tailgaters from about 10AM til kickoff.

chuckles
10-15-2010, 05:08 PM
We be here. So Chuckles what ya going to have to eat????:hungry:

On teh menu for tomorrow is grilled pork loin and squash, along with various contributions from my coworkers! I didn't even think to grill up some sausage, the bar has been set too high.

Thanks again Redbird for the info. We're going to plan on lot G-83 and will be there most of the time. But also plan to mingle in G-73 and check out the band!

IL_Bison
10-15-2010, 05:50 PM
We're planning to arrive sometime tonight...we have a small party of 3 for the game tomorrow. Probably try find a spot in G83 if that is the consensus among Bison fans.

56BISON73
10-15-2010, 06:02 PM
We are about to leave the hotel and head to campus to pick up tickets and find out where the lots are. Will report later.

56BISON73
10-15-2010, 10:09 PM
G-83 looks like the place to be. Its right on Main st. Entrance is at the Stop light and the water tower. If you are coming from the north on main just turn rt when you get to that intersection.
A lot of one way and twisting winding streets. Geez.

We went and picked up our tickets at the Red Bird Arena. WOW!!!!!
What a basketball venue. Seats 10,200 in a bowl configuration.