PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary NCAA comment on Combination of NDSU and UND

Bill Kiefer
09-15-2010, 11:44 AM
After spending almost 15 minutes on hold I had a very informative discussion with a knowledgable and articulate lady on the NCAA position regarding the merging or combining of member school's. Her comments were basically very straightforward, they have no jurisdiction in a matter of this nature.

Our committee has an attorney that will seek those comments from the NCAA in written form. This appears to be one more hurdle out of the way!!!:) :) :)

Bison"FANatic"
09-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Great just what UND and NDSU needs is someone off the street calling the NCAA and inquiring on how they would handle the universities. Maybe that should be left to the SBOHE don't you think?????:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Maybe this is just crazy talk;) ;) ;) but maybe you should get UND and NDSU on board with this plan before you and your committee go contact the governing bodies that they work with everyday.

Heck while private citizens are contacting organizations that the Universities do business with why don't you talk to lakes and send him out to all of the athletic conferences and see what he can come up with or better yet why not you yourself just go to the Big ten commissioner and see about getting us in.

bisonmike2
09-15-2010, 04:41 PM
After spending almost 15 minutes on hold I had a very informative discussion with a knowledgable and articulate lady on the NCAA position regarding the merging or combining of member school's. Her comments were basically very straightforward, they have no jurisdiction in a matter of this nature.

Our committee has an attorney that will seek those comments from the NCAA in written form. This appears to be one more hurdle out of the way!!!:) :) :)

I think I can speak on behalf of most bisonvillers, Bison fans in general, and probably most Sioux fans when I say....STOP!. Just stop Bill. Seriously give it up. If you truly have the interest of ND at heart, what's wrong with having 2 major universities via for state supremacy? Doesn't competition breed innovation? Doesn't competition breed efficiency? Competition will bring out the best in each university. If you think that UND and NDSU can't individually compete academically and athletically with the rest of the nation and the world, then you just haven't been paying attention. So I say again, stop. Please stop. If you want to help the state of ND, put your energy in toward solving the problem of young people leaving the state or think of ways to help ND leverage it's assets in the oil fields to lead to long term sustainable growth. Those issues are much more real then yours and you'd actually be doing some good.

tjbison
09-15-2010, 05:39 PM
I will repost a previous post of mine in this guys first useless thread:

GUYS NUTTY AS SQUIRREL TURDS!!!!

TransAmBison
09-15-2010, 05:44 PM
http://change-production.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/wordpress_copies/jobs_political_and_advocacy_jobs/2009/08/no-kool-aid-298x300.gif

Answer Guy
09-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Shouldn't Minnesota be in on these discussions?

Shawn-O
09-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Athletics aside for a moment. North Dakota is fortunate to have two such fine institutions of higher learning. I say this having worked with, and for, many great people that are products of both places.

tony
09-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Truly, Bill has put forth a proposal whose time is long past.

I think the first ballot initiative should be to give me 100 million dollars to build a time machine so we can go back and 1880-era North Dakotan can convince people that UND should be located in Fargo. Then a couple years later, we could convince the same people that UND should adopt the role of being a Land Grant (would the original UND ever, in a million years, lowered themselves to doing something like that.)

While we're at it, might as well go back in time and convince people to:

Adopt a base 16 system of counting
Adopt universal system of measurement... like the metric system but base 16.
Drive on the left side of the road
Adopt a 110 volt standard (or 220, I could care less) and the same design for the electric plugs
Adopt a single standard for television broadcasts so one TV can work anywhere in the world

TransAmBison
09-15-2010, 07:02 PM

I think the first ballot initiative should be to give me 100 million dollars to build a time machine so we can go back and 1880-era North Dakotan can convince people that UND should be located in Fargo. Then a couple years later, we could convince the same people that UND should adopt the role of being a Land Grant (would the original UND ever, in a million years, lowered themselves to doing something like that.)

Adopt a 110 volt standard (or 220, I could care less) and the same design for the electric plugs
Adopt a single standard for television broadcasts so one TV can work anywhere in the world
I submit a bid of $990,000.59.

zooropa
09-15-2010, 07:05 PM

Ffft. Why stop there.

Why not combine the whole shebang down in Vermillion and convince all those 1880s era Republicans that the extra two senators gained by splitting the Dakotas just isn't worth it?

"Dakota University" would have a combined enrollment in the 50k range.

Which if you stop and think about it would be pretty impressive for a state with about as many people as Nebraska.

-or-

You could say, 'who cares if there's a BCS caliber football program between Wisconsin and Washington' which is about all this crackpot scheme amounts to.

tony
09-15-2010, 07:13 PM
I could really use a time machine to go back and fix my post. :blush:

I think the first ballot initiative should be to give me 100 million dollars to build a time machine so we can go back and 1880-era North Dakotan can convince people that UND should be located in Fargo.
Should be:

I think the first ballot initiative should be a proposal to give me 100 million dollars to build a time machine so we can go back to 1880-era North Dakota and convince people that UND should be located in Fargo.

By the way, sure, TAB bid just under $1 million, but my proposal includes granite counter tops, anti-lock brakes, crown moldings, and many other features that make a time machine worth having. That said, the fine print of my proposed ballot measure states that I'm using a hexadecimal number system with my bid so the $100 million in hex is really $4.3 billion so he is really undercutting me. The bastard.

aces1180
09-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Ffft. Why stop there.

You could say, 'who cares if there's a BCS caliber football program between Wisconsin and Washington' which is about all this crackpot scheme amounts to.

Boise State cares!

zooropa
09-15-2010, 07:15 PM
my proposal includes granite counter tops, anti-lock brakes, crown moldings, and many other features that make a time machine worth having.

Can you break it down into multiple $400k phases? Then the SBoHE won't have to approve it.

zooropa
09-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Boise State cares!

Oh crap. I forgot about them.

TransAmBison
09-15-2010, 07:21 PM
I could really use a time machine to go back and fix my post. :blush:

Should be:

By the way, sure, TAB bid just under $1 million, but my proposal includes granite counter tops, anti-lock brakes, crown moldings, and many other features that make a time machine worth having. That said, the fine print of my proposed ballot measure states that I'm using a hexadecimal number system with my bid so the $100 million in hex is really $4.3 billion.
Mine includes a muscle car dripping horsepower, Burt Reynolds (willingly or unwillingly just the same), and a chick in a thong & whip cream bra. Oh, yeah, and a members only jacket. My offer stands at $990,000.59. Screw your granite countertops & mold.

zooropa
09-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Oh, yeah, and a members only jacket.

Throw in Lou Gramm's greatest hits and you've got a deal!!

I'll add $5k to the price if you include a 1977 model Sally Field.

bison_05
09-15-2010, 07:26 PM
This is by far the dumbest thing to ever come across North Dakota. (Admin: edited this bit out - not that bad but it happened I caught it before it was reacted to). It will never happen.

EndZoneQB
09-15-2010, 07:42 PM

Yeah, I'm sure they weren't laughing hysterically at you...I'm sure it took them 15mins to forward a call :rolleyes: They were probably hoping if you were on hold long enough, you'd just go away. I hope you know you are the entertainment for the afternoon around the NCAA office. After all the allegations into agents, etc, they needed something to lighten the mood around the ole office. Thanks for making ND look great today........:banghead: !

Besides, one more hurdle out of the way just means you are that much closer to having this go DOWN in FLAMES. YOU personally KNOW this will NEVER happen...why waste your time and everyone elses? Bored in retirement? How about being a Bison fan??

I'm still confused how building a "bullet train" and a new stadium means that we save money...especially after a sharp decline in enrollment that would happen.

Bill Kiefer
09-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they weren't laughing hysterically at you...I'm sure it took them 15mins to forward a call :rolleyes: They were probably hoping if you were on hold long enough, you'd just go away. I hope you know you are the entertainment for the afternoon around the NCAA office. After all the allegations into agents, etc, they needed something to lighten the mood around the ole office. Thanks for making ND look great today........:banghead: !

Besides, one more hurdle out of the way just means you are that much closer to having this go DOWN in FLAMES. YOU personally KNOW this will NEVER happen...why waste your time and everyone elses? Bored in retirement? How about being a Bison fan??

I'm still confused how building a "bullet train" and a new stadium means that we save money...especially after a sharp decline in enrollment that would happen.

I am a long ways from retiring, my posting contemporary. My company of which I am a majority owner is a 3/4 scholarship donor and that is just in athletics. I said preliminary and that is why we are requesting a formal response in writing. And furthermore "Have a nice day!"

aces1180
09-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Looks like Billy took his idea to SiouxSports.com...Not getting the position reaction up there, either...hahaha

bisonmike2
09-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Looks like Billy took his idea to SiouxSports.com...Not getting the position reaction up there, either...hahaha

So I guess in a way, he has united UND and NDSU fans.

EndZoneQB
09-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I am a long ways from retiring, my posting contemporary. My company of which I am a majority owner is a 3/4 scholarship donor and that is just in athletics. I said preliminary and that is why we are requesting a formal response in writing. And furthermore "Have a nice day!"

Just because you donate doesn't automatically give you a pass as a fan. If you were really looking out of the best interest of the university, you would drop the subject and quit throwing their name around without actual affiliation/permission. It's just dumb. Don't get me wrong, it's nice that you donate, but c'mon man. Do you think this is something that NDSU(you know, since it IS their decision) REALLY wants?

Bill Kiefer
09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Just because you donate doesn't automatically give you a pass as a fan. If you were really looking out of the best interest of the university, you would drop the subject and quit throwing their name around without actual affiliation/permission. It's just dumb. Don't get me wrong, it's nice that you donate, but c'mon man. Do you think this is something that NDSU(you know, since it IS their decision) REALLY wants?

This is not a UND or NDSU decision, The State Constitution of North Dakota plainly says that this could only happen through a vote of the people. I find nothing objectionable with that irrespective of the outcome. Are you opposed to public elections?

Bill Kiefer
09-16-2010, 09:33 PM
I think I can speak on behalf of most bisonvillers, Bison fans in general, and probably most Sioux fans when I say....STOP!. Just stop Bill. Seriously give it up. If you truly have the interest of ND at heart, what's wrong with having 2 major universities via for state supremacy? Doesn't competition breed innovation? Doesn't competition breed efficiency? Competition will bring out the best in each university. If you think that UND and NDSU can't individually compete academically and athletically with the rest of the nation and the world, then you just haven't been paying attention. So I say again, stop. Please stop. If you want to help the state of ND, put your energy in toward solving the problem of young people leaving the state or think of ways to help ND leverage it's assets in the oil fields to lead to long term sustainable growth. Those issues are much more real then yours and you'd actually be doing some good.

I will take interstate competition over intrastate competition anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEsocalledfan
09-17-2010, 04:49 AM
I am just glad that we can finally drop hockey when we merge with UND to save costs.

TbonZach
09-17-2010, 04:56 AM
I am just glad that we can finally drop hockey when we merge with UND to save costs.

Undefeated since 1893.

EndZoneQB
09-17-2010, 11:53 AM
This is not a UND or NDSU decision, The State Constitution of North Dakota plainly says that this could only happen through a vote of the people. I find nothing objectionable with that irrespective of the outcome. Are you opposed to public elections?

I get that. My point is, why the hell would you force this down the Universities throat. You really aren't a friend to either one.

Tatanka
09-17-2010, 12:21 PM
The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train ain't coming.

TransAmBison
09-17-2010, 12:48 PM
I think the train left the station a long time ago.

Tatanka
09-17-2010, 01:09 PM
I think the train left the station a long time ago.

Don't get me wrong. I think all six cans of beer are there but what's missing is that plastic thingy that holds them all together.

TransAmBison
09-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Don't get me wrong. I think all six cans of beer are there but what's missing is that plastic thingy that holds them all together.
If you would actually look, it is actually Sharps...so it isn't really even beer.

Bison"FANatic"
09-17-2010, 01:17 PM
By a vote of the people we could also force the surplus to be given to paint all our roads bright pink. Because one can do something doesn't make it a good idea.

TransAmBison
09-17-2010, 01:45 PM
By a vote of the people we could also force the surplus to be given to paint all our roads bright pink. Because one can do something doesn't make it a good idea.
Tell me more about this idea of yours. What measures have you gone through yet to get this idea going? Have you consulted with the NCAA?

Tatanka
09-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Tell me more about this idea of yours. What measures have you gone through yet to get this idea going? Have you consulted with the NCAA?

Don't be silly, the NCAA doesn't have a damn thing to do with teh.... wait, hold on, what's that? Oh.... Sorry, I stand corrected. Apparently nothing is out of the jurisdiction of the NCAA. Carry on.

When is your press conference being carried on KFGO? I assume at 9:00? If so, what date?

TransAmBison
09-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Don't be silly, the NCAA doesn't have a damn thing to do with teh.... wait, hold on, what's that? Oh.... Sorry, I stand corrected. Apparently nothing is out of the jurisdiction of the NCAA. Carry on.

When is your press conference being carried on KFGO? I assume at 9:00? If so, what date?
That is a surprise.

met1990
09-17-2010, 02:10 PM

Well Bill, sure looks like you have all your ducks in a row on this one. Where the heck were you this summer during teh sports abyss? You would have gotten more attention then.

bisonmike2
09-17-2010, 02:21 PM
I will take interstate competition over intrastate competition anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why can't there be both?

Facts
09-17-2010, 02:24 PM

Flashing!?! Who? Where!!??

Tatanka
09-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Flashing!?! Who? Where!!??

TAB's wife is at it again? DAMMIT TAB! Get that under control will you?

TransAmBison
09-17-2010, 02:29 PM
TAB's wife is at it again? DAMMIT TAB! Get that under control will you?
Is it really considered flashing if she has whip cream on?

Bison"FANatic"
09-17-2010, 02:30 PM

The NCAA just called me back. They had a board meeting last night and they think it is a great idea to paint the roads different colors. The sticking point is my committee wants them to be pink but the NCAA thinks they should be different colors for different counties depending on what that individual county voted on. They stated that it had to be the colors of a nearby college. They also require that we not stop with the roads but also paint the overpasses but pink was ok with them on that as long as we also painted elephants on the sides.

Other than that I have just been getting this going with my daughters preschool class as my consultants. But they did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night they said.

Tatanka
09-17-2010, 02:31 PM
The NCAA just called me back. They had a board meeting last night and they think it is a great idea to paint the roads different colors. The sticking point is my committee wants them to be pink but the NCAA thinks they should be different colors for different counties depending on what that individual county voted on. They stated that it had to be the colors of a nearby college. They also require that we not stop with the roads but also paint the overpasses but pink was ok with them on that as long as we also painted elephants on the sides.

Other than that I have just been getting this going with my daughters preschool class as my consultants. But they did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night they said.

All fine and well, but do you have a lawyer on your committee that can get this from the NCAA in writing?????/?

Bison"FANatic"
09-17-2010, 02:34 PM

OH you will know when it is to take place but I can't believe you know the time. So yes I will tell you it will be at 9AM but I cannot divulge the super secret date of the Pink out North Dakota Press Conference.

TransAmBison
09-17-2010, 02:35 PM
All fine and well, but do you have a lawyer on your committee that can get this from the NCAA in writing?????/?
Why go to the lawyer...they are overpriced. Check with the lawyer's spouse to draw up the paperwork...they are just as good and will do things for half the price.

Bison"FANatic"
09-17-2010, 02:36 PM

Well the one 4 year old wants to be a lawyer so I figured that was plenty good. That little munchkin is one heck of a negotiator to. He was able to get cookies and cake out of his mom last night or so he says.:D :D :D :D :D :D

Gothmog
09-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Bill, I think you're suggesting this primarily to increase North Dakota's national athletic profile. So, please ask yourself this one question: If the State of North Dakota were to successfully navigate a political minefield and combine NDSU and UND, would the resulting institution really be able to compete at the highest level of college sports?

When you look at the cold, hard facts, it quickly becomes obvious that the State of North Dakota simply does not possess sufficient population and resources to compete on a level playing field with schools from larger, weathier, and more favorably located states. Take the time to compare the state to Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, or any other state with a "big-time" DI sports program. In terms of population, proximity to recruiting areas, desirability to potential recruits, current athletic budget, proven ability to draw fans, or any other measure of the likely success of an athletic program, North Dakota simply doesn't measure up. As much as you might want a BCS level athletic program in the state, it just isn't going to happen.

I applaud your tireless promotion of the state, but this idea is a non-starter. Your time would be better spent advocating increased state support of the two fine institutions North Dakota already has.

cbline
09-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Is it really considered flashing if she has whip cream on?

First, you question the definition of "flashing", which could be answered by a good lawyer. Then, you say that lawyers are overpriced. Man, my brain is starting to hurt. Maybe Bill K. can give a legal opinion on this since he is so full of good ideas.

BurroBlue
09-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Bill, I think you're suggesting this primarily to the increase North Dakota's national athletic profile. So, please ask yourself this one question: If the State of North Dakota were to successfully navigate a political minefield and combine NDSU and UND, would the resulting institution really be able to compete at the highest level of college sports?

When you look at the cold, hard facts, it quickly becomes obvious that the State of North Dakota simply does not possess sufficient population and resources to compete on a level playing field with schools from larger, weathier, and more favorably located states. Take the time to compare the state to Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, or any other state with a "big-time" DI sports program. In terms of population, proximity to recruiting areas, desirability to potential recruits, current athletic budget, proven ability to draw fans, or any other measure of the likely success of an athletic program, North Dakota simply doesn't measure up. As much as you might want a BCS level athletic program in the state, it just isn't going to happen.

I applaud your tireless promotion of the state, but this idea is a non-starter. Your time would be better spent advocating increased state support of the two fine institutions North Dakota already has.

Are you suggesting that a DI roster couldn't be stocked with athletes from Ambrose, Zap, Melita, Neche, Verona, Moffit, Goodrich, Driscoll, Carpio, Reeder, Jud, and Mantador?

56BISON73
09-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Are you suggesting that a DI roster couldn't be stocked with athletes from Ambrose, Zap, Melita, Neche, Verona, Meoffit, Goodrich, Driscoll, Carpio, Reeder, Jud, and Mantador?

OHHHHHh no !!!! If this is true I see the rather of 4mcrues thunder bolts coming down from the heavens. :D

zooropa
09-17-2010, 05:48 PM
They stated that it had to be the colors of a nearby college.

They also do not want the colors to be hostile to any ethnic group

The people that supervise the painting can be paid millions of dollars, but the painters must work for nothing more than room and board.

Any number of painters may paint, however only a limited number of painters may receive room and board.

Painters shall never, ever, under any circumstances whatsoever in any way shape or form share in any of the profits or revenue generated by their painting. It should be sufficient for them that they are allowed to paint.

New painters may be interviewed only on select days and weekends, varying based on the surface to be painted. They may only be contacted by certain means, at certain designated intervals. Once a painter agrees to work for a supervisor, he cannot work for any other supervisor for a year.

If any portion of a surface is painted by a paid painter, the entire section must be repainted by someone else.

Painters may not look for other work while painting.

Painters are limited in how much time they can spend practicing painting.

All painters and supervisors must drink from VITAMIN WATER(TM) cups, regardless of what they're actually drinking.

No artificial noisemakers may be used by any bystanders during the painting process.

Inexplicably, painters and supervisors of prominent roadways and structures will be allowed to get away with rules violations that will not be tolerated elsewhere.

tony
09-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Are you suggesting that a DI roster couldn't be stocked with athletes from Ambrose, Zap, Melita, Neche, Verona, Moffit, Goodrich, Driscoll, Carpio, Reeder, Jud, and Mantador?

Or that you combine UND and NDSU and still fail to get into the Big Ten because it doesn't do anything for the conference.(not too mention that if you add UND's and NDSU's budgets together you are still are a long way from having a BCS budget.)

Notorious
09-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Or that you combine UND and NDSU and still fail to get into the Big Ten because it doesn't do anything for the conference.(not too mention that if you add UND's and NDSU's budgets together you are still are a long way from having a BCS budget.)

And, on top of that, this is the most ridiculous idea since Bill thought feeding the mayonnaise to live tuna was a good idea....

BurroBlue
09-17-2010, 06:12 PM
And, on top of that, this is the most ridiculous idea since Bill thought feeding the mayonnaise to live tuna was a good idea....

Well, that's just crazy talk.

Bill Kiefer
09-17-2010, 08:17 PM

A combined school would have ACADEMICS, RESEARCH, NATIONWIDE PUBLICITY OVER DOING SOMETHING AS A PIONEER IN HIGHER EDUCATION, UND HOCKEY AS A WEDGE, GEOGRAPHICAL PROXIMITY, A STATE THAT SUUPORTS ITS' TEAMS 30,000 PLUS FOR EACH OF THE TWO GOPHER GAMES, 15,000 PLUS FOR NCAA GAME VS KANSAS, AND A STATE THAT PRACTICES WHAT IT PREACHES ON FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY. I CALL THAT AN IMPRESSIVE PACKAGE!!!!!:) :) :)

johnson
09-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Big Ten athletic budgets from 2008:

Ohio St: $102,064,138
Wisc: $87,679,682
Michigan: $79,190,142
Penn St: $76,499,957
Iowa: $70,693,205
Minn: $70,322,992
Michigan St: $60,891,029
Purdue: $57,544,619
Indiana: $55,131,144
Illinois: $53,706,623
Northwestern: $48,582,384

NDSU & UND: $30,000,000???

aces1180
09-17-2010, 09:06 PM
http://www.teamnorthdakota.com/

:bong: :bong: :bong: :bong: :bong: :bong: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, and unless they got permission from the NDSU and UND to use those logos on the site, they could be in copyright violation.

Notorious
09-17-2010, 09:12 PM
I CALL THAT AN IMPRESSIVE PACKAGE!!!!!:) :) :)

TWSS!....(no longer a TWSS virgin!!!)

Tatanka
09-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Epic .

Notorious
09-17-2010, 09:17 PM
I do not support this, and thus, will no longer support these national/regional/local businesses who are pledging their support for this idea:

http://www.teamnorthdakota.com/members.php

BlueBisonRock
09-17-2010, 09:17 PM
I do not support this, and thus, will no longer support these national/regional/local businesses who are pledging their support for this idea:

That is an impressive list of supporters. ;)

Tatanka
09-17-2010, 09:18 PM

And some l33t photoshopping skills right thar.

aces1180
09-17-2010, 09:22 PM
And some l33t photoshopping skills right thar.

I like how they went to iStockPhoto.com to get all their images of people "thinking."

However, my guess is that those people in the photos are thinking, "What a stupid f&*king idea!"

Notorious
09-17-2010, 09:24 PM
I bet the web developer is thrilled with Bill for dumping those ridiculous images on the page....comical!!!!

aces1180
09-17-2010, 09:26 PM
I bet the web developer is thrilled with Bill for dumping those ridiculous images on the page....comical!!!!

It also looks like the members on the "Members" seem to have disappeared.

Weird....;)

BlueBisonRock
09-17-2010, 09:53 PM
<sarcasm on>

I have been trying to give this idea the benefit of the doubt and think it through. This effort has been real difficult as the idea is in the tails of the curve rather than under a normal curve. That said, it is either one of the greatest ideas of all time OR one of the more <PC on> unintelligent * <PC off> ideas of all time.

While wrestling with this notion (greatest or other), I threw the idea past my wife. Her response after hearing the summary was: "What the hell is he thinking of?"

I believe she helped position which of the two tails this notion really falls under.

* non pc translation: dumbellion, stupidiocy, most asinine, ignorant, dumber than a sack of rocks, or clueless. However, It remains possible that the idea only requires chimplification... ;)

<sarcasm off>

Gothmog
09-17-2010, 10:29 PM
A combined school would have ACADEMICS, RESEARCH, NATIONWIDE PUBLICITY OVER DOING SOMETHING AS A PIONEER IN HIGHER EDUCATION, UND HOCKEY AS A WEDGE, GEOGRAPHICAL PROXIMITY, A STATE THAT SUUPORTS ITS' TEAMS 30,000 PLUS FOR EACH OF THE TWO GOPHER GAMES, 15,000 PLUS FOR NCAA GAME VS KANSAS, AND A STATE THAT PRACTICES WHAT IT PREACHES ON FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY. I CALL THAT AN IMPRESSIVE PACKAGE!!!!!:) :) :)

There is zero chance...none of your combined school gaining admittance to the Big Ten. In terms of academics, research, athletic funding, and fan support it still isn't in the same league with the Iowas, Indianas, and Minnesotas of the Big Ten, to say nothing of schools like Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State. You may be impressed, but I assure you, the Big Ten won't be.

Do you really want to go toe-to-toe with a school that can put over a 100,000 butts in seats every fall saturday?

EndZoneQB
09-17-2010, 10:46 PM

I am with this. There is no one on that list, but I will definitely being doing exactly what you said.

Ok, you basically listed off ONLY NDSU things there. The only thing that even has anything to do with UND is HOCKEY....which does NOT matter in turns of national recognition. NDSU has nationwide publicity on their own already. Did you see is in the NCAA tournament? We were the talk of the MONTH. Did you see us throttle Minnesota on ESPN and our favorite RB getting a helmet sticker? Did you see us beat a Big12 team this year? Yeah, thats recognition buddy...and we already have it. If we stay the course, we will have PLENTY of recognition.

This whole thing is completely unneeded.

cbline
09-17-2010, 11:29 PM

Oh, and unless they got permission from the NDSU and UND to use those logos on the site, they could be in copyright violation.

I left a message on their site, saying "It disturbs me that your group is using the NDSU and UND logos as if this idea has university support. I urge you to cease your efforts in portraying this as an idea that has an official endorsement from the universities involved."

I urge everyone here to do something similar.

TheBisonator
09-18-2010, 03:19 AM

Don't forget Pettibone, Taylor, Grenora, Lignite, Forest River and Colfax!!!

BlueBisonRock
09-18-2010, 04:13 AM
Don't forget Pettibone, Taylor, Grenora, Lignite, Forest River and Colfax!!!

I remember some Bad Asses from Bowden, a couple of Mad Men from Maddock, and of course those Fiesty Flashes from Fessenden. :bow:

MN_BISON
09-18-2010, 06:28 AM

Neche could field a DI team of their own, they don't need those other towns if the NCAA made boozing an official sport. I've got it on pretty good authority that those guys can put it away with the best of them. Now add a few Pembina guys in for depth and we're talking multiple national titles .:D :cheers: :bong:

gotts
09-19-2010, 06:48 AM

Not even one athletic supporter on the list... :D

BisoninNWMN
09-19-2010, 03:12 PM
It comes down to $$$$$.

This state does not need 11 higher education institutions.

Mayville, Valley City, Williston and Bottineau can be closed.....period.

BurroBlue
09-19-2010, 06:33 PM
It comes down to $$$$$.

:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:

I'll agree with Mayville, Williston, and Bottineau.

Bill Kiefer
09-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Team North Dakota is on record opposing the closure of any of our institutions of higher learning in the Great State of North Dakota. We are in favor of the discussion of combining NDSU/UND where 70% of the expenditures take place.

Bill Kiefer
09-26-2010, 06:13 PM

Those were the web developer's suggestions I thought he did a fine job!

Bill Kiefer
09-26-2010, 06:14 PM
It also looks like the members on the "Members" seem to have disappeared.

Weird....;)

Wrong! www.teamnorthdakota.com

Bill Kiefer
09-26-2010, 06:21 PM
It comes down to $$$$$.

Try selling that negative message in Mayville, Valley City, Williston, and Bottineau. Close a school destroy a community's economy that doesn't sound very efficient or sensible in my opinion.

Notorious
09-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Wrong! www.teamnorthdakota.com

I'm surprised by a few of the names on your list. I bet if called on it, several on the list would not make their inclusion publically known.

gotts
09-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Try selling that negative message in Mayville, Valley City, Williston, and Bottineau. Close a school destroy a community's economy that doesn't sound very efficient or sensible in my opinion.

Combining a couple of large schools doesn't sound very efficient or sensible in my opinion.

tony
09-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Combining a couple of large schools doesn't sound very efficient or sensible in my opinion.

Yeah, but the cost saving is just a detail that can be worked out after the plan is voted on. :)

Example: We will save X dollars by combining NDSU and UND.

Typical Bill Q&A:

Q Where does X come from?
A. I'd rather pet a dolphin than ride a porcupine.

Q. Which athletic program ceases to be after the merger: NDSU's or UND's or Both? The NCAA is not going to recognize one of them after a merger.
A. Doers do things not bog down in details! Losers ask questions!!!!

Q. Are you planning on, say, closing down entire programs to avoid duplication so, for example, a student who wanted to take both engineering classes and business classes would split time during the day between Grand Forks and Fargo?
A. No, not at all. As usual, you naysayers completely miss the obvious solution!

Q. So what is the obvious solution?
A. I'm wearing a rabbit as my hat and the rabbit is wearing a pancake as his hat. If you want an answer, get me some syrup!!!!

Hammersmith
09-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but the cost saving is just a detail that can be worked out after the plan is voted on. :)

Example: We will save X dollars by combining NDSU and UND.

Typical Bill Q&A:

Q Where does X come from?
A. I'd rather pet a dolphin than ride a porcupine.

Q. Which athletic program ceases to be after the merger: NDSU's or UND's or Both? The NCAA is not going to recognize one of them after a merger.
A. Doers do things not bog down in details! Losers ask questions!!!!

Q. Are you planning on, say, closing down entire programs to avoid duplication so, for example, a student who wanted to take both engineering classes and business classes would split time during the day between Grand Forks and Fargo?
A. No, not at all. As usual, you naysayers completely miss the obvious solution!

Q. So what is the obvious solution?
A. I'm wearing a rabbit as my hat and the rabbit is wearing a pancake as his hat. If you want an answer, get me some syrup!!!!

Damn, you've got his shtick down pat.

DjKyRo
09-27-2010, 11:10 PM
This now seems appropriate:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JUypWIA_fXM/R8frdjS8imI/AAAAAAAAA7U/XSkvUtmXJjU/s400/bunny_pancake.jpg

gotts
09-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Video regarding the "Team North Dakota Movement"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg4u7ko333U

met1990
10-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to send out a reminder that Team North Dakota's first meeting is Oct. 31 in Mandan. How many of you are going to make it?

I'm wondering if Hinterstocker stepping down opens the door to immediately merging the two schools' volleyball programs under the leadership of Und's head coach.

roadwarrior
10-27-2010, 05:35 PM
How many of you are going to make it?

It's my highest priority! :D

imabison
10-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to send out a reminder that Team North Dakota's first meeting is Oct. 31 in Mandan. How many of you are going to make it?

I'm wondering if Hinterstocker stepping down opens the door to immediately merging the two schools' volleyball programs under the leadership of Und's head coach.

Where is Mandan? Didn't they just get alot snow? Sorry will be recovering from a major homebrew beer event:) :) :)

met1990
11-11-2010, 10:15 PM
So how did the Oct. 31 meeting at the Seven Seas in Mandan go? I haven't seen anything updated on the Team North Dakota Web site despite refreshing it every seven seconds.

tony
11-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Where is Mandan? Didn't they just get alot snow? Sorry will be recovering from a major homebrew beer event:) :) :)

Mandan is no more. It got combined with Cando*. Mancandando... SAY ITS NAME, BEEEEEEEEEEYOOOOTCH!

* Also considered: Mandan + Cannon Ball = Man-Cannon

coldspot
11-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Mandan is no more. It got combined with Cando*. Mancandando... SAY ITS NAME, BEEEEEEEEEEYOOOOTCH!

mandan and cando are 230 miles apart, are they connected by light-rail, the same light-rail that stops in mayville, casselton, fargo and el forko grande?

aces1180
11-11-2010, 10:45 PM

Mandan + Glen Ulen = ManUlen

missingnumber7
11-12-2010, 04:10 PM
I wonder how many of those people on that website know that they are listed as members, or for that matter how they ended up getting there.

met1990
12-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm getting alarmed that this dream of combining NDSU and Und might be losing traction...

Bill--do you think you could get some sort of PowerPoint presentation thrown together and run through it at halftime of this weekend's basketball game?

TransAmBison
12-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm getting alarmed that this dream of combining NDSU and Und might be losing traction...
Yes, I see your fear has some substance. I think it is due to the unrivaled success UND is having in football, basketball, etc. The merger may not happen, but NDSU might hope to just be enveloped by a hostile takeover.

runtheoption
12-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Quite a few big NDSU names on there, including some Bisonvillers. CAS and Drago, really? C'mon, Bill, pretty sure those guys don't support this ridiculous proposal.

CAS4127
12-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Mine is not supposed to be on there--I asked Bill to take it down several months ago.

Sorry, Bill, had to post this publicly--you know we talked about it>

bisonmike2
12-07-2010, 04:31 PM
So if they were to be combined would it be retroactive? Would UND then be able to claim that they made the FCS playoffs this year? How far do you go back? Could UND then claim all of NDSU's D2 championships as their own?

runtheoption
12-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Mine is not supposed to be on there--I asked Bill to take it down several months ago.

Sorry, Bill, had to post this publicly--you know we talked about it>

As I thought. This goes to show what BS the proposal is.

Tatanka
12-07-2010, 07:06 PM
So if they were to be combined would it be retroactive? Would UND then be able to claim that they made the FCS playoffs this year? How far do you go back? Could UND then claim all of NDSU's D2 championships as their own?

By the transitive property, would UND be able to claim a share of the Big Fluffy championship this year since we beat MSU?

TransAmBison
12-07-2010, 07:13 PM
By the transitive property, would UND be able to claim a share of the Big Fluffy championship this year since we beat MSU?
Well, if the merger does not work between UND and NDSU, maybe UND could merge with Crookston so they could be on equal footing with Mayville.

Bill Kiefer
12-07-2010, 07:52 PM
I will let Charlie, a friend and a person I respect, answer how his name was placed on the list and been removed for now. Candid and open discussion on making our Great State even Greater should never be something we are afraid to openly discuss. As for now Hail the Great State of North Dakota and Go Bison!

CAS4127
12-07-2010, 08:39 PM
I will let Charlie, a friend and a person I respect, answer how his name was placed on the list and been removed for now. Candid and open discussion on making our Great State even Greater should never be something we are afraid to openly discuss. As for now Hail the Great State of North Dakota and Go Bison!

For those who GAS, below is the pm "discussion" Bill and I had:

Bill: Taken care of Charlie, in your case I was mistaken. It was my understanding that you at least supported the discussion. I am confident the future will prove that this is an ultimate solution to all of this NDSU/UND banter! Right now both schools are in the minor leagues of D-I and that is not going to change anytime soon, if ever! Take care and Good Luck! Hail the Great State of North Dakota! Go Bison!

CAS: I'll listen to the discussion, Bill, but the general public views anyone's name on their as being supportive of the entire concept. When we last talked, I told you that I would read what you forwarded and get back to you on whether I was "OK" with my name being listed, but for the timebeing wanted it off.

I agree with the "minor league" thought, but just think your concept is a little ahead of it's time, which is not a bad thing. I think we need to let the two schools play out their respective roles at this level for a while, and then see what options there are.

Please do not take offense to my post or my position. I have always had great respect for you and enjoy our friendship.

Regards,
Charlie

Bill: Would be willing to post this on Bisonville!
I have never been unwilling to let my comments be exposed to the light of day!
I also respect you and value our friendship!
Thanks

KilldeerBison
12-07-2010, 09:07 PM

I submit Tony's Man-Cannon as the official name of the "Light Rail Bullet Train", now just need to think of a logo, any ideas?

Tatanka
12-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I submit Tony's Man-Cannon as the official name of the "Light Rail Bullet Train", now just need to think of a logo, any ideas?

TAB already has the trademark on the term "Man-Cannon". Not sure what for, but you don't want to infringe.

TransAmBison
12-07-2010, 09:28 PM
TAB already has the trademark on the term "Man-Cannon". Not sure what for, but you don't want to infringe.
I would have said when you are older you will understand, but if you don't know by now...:smh: :smh: :smh:

KilldeerBison
12-07-2010, 09:35 PM

Oh NUTS, wait, maybe ... no I'm all out of ideas. I could imagine the MAN-CANNON blasting its way across the prairies, maybe even a vapor trail? All kinds of marketing potential.

Bill Kiefer
12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
For those who GAS, below is the pm "discussion" Bill and I had:

Bill: Taken care of Charlie, in your case I was mistaken. It was my understanding that you at least supported the discussion. I am confident the future will prove that this is an ultimate solution to all of this NDSU/UND banter! Right now both schools are in the minor leagues of D-I and that is not going to change anytime soon, if ever! Take care and Good Luck! Hail the Great State of North Dakota! Go Bison!

CAS: I'll listen to the discussion, Bill, but the general public views anyone's name on their as being supportive of the entire concept. When we last talked, I told you that I would read what you forwarded and get back to you on whether I was "OK" with my name being listed, but for the timebeing wanted it off.

I agree with the "minor league" thought, but just think your concept is a little ahead of it's time, which is not a bad thing. I think we need to let the two schools play out their respective roles at this level for a while, and then see what options there are.

Please do not take offense to my post or my position. I have always had great respect for you and enjoy our friendship.

Regards,
Charlie

Bill: Would be willing to post this on Bisonville!
I have never been unwilling to let my comments be exposed to the light of day!
I also respect you and value our friendship!
Thanks

Thank You
Hail the Great State of North Dakota!
Go Bison! Good Luck in the Playoffs!

Bison"FANatic"
12-07-2010, 11:07 PM

PL has some sausage.

Bison"FANatic"
02-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Here comes our high speed rail. The combination of the two universities is imminent Oh ya!!!!!!!!! The Chinese are going to build us some rails:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: Whats another 53 billion when we are only down 14 trillion.

Obama to call for $53B for high-speed rail
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110208/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_high_speed_rail

BlueBisonRock
02-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Here comes our high speed rail. The combination of the two universities is imminent Oh ya!!!!!!!!! The Chinese are going to build us some rails:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: Whats another 53 billion when we are only down 14 trillion.

Imagine high speed rail from Chicago with stops in Madison, Rochester, Mpls, St. Cloud and terminating just outside of the Fargodome. I would love it. We could get Izzy and a few of our Chicago area alumni to tailgating and the games. In fact, Mike and TC might just jump at the opportunity if the trip becomes a one day affair.

Now, isn't that worth 53B? :D

EndZoneQB
02-08-2011, 07:24 PM

Not that I necessarily agree with spending more money at this point in time, it is something that probably should be done soon. Either way, we need to fix our power grid first.

ndsubison1
02-08-2011, 09:36 PM

what a waste. hopefully the house votes it down. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bison bison
02-08-2011, 11:08 PM
the economics of high speed rail are absolutely atrocious.

there isn't a passenger railway in the world that gets close to making money regardless of what the "Hey, Look at France!" people say.

$53 billion, that would actually lead to them having to lay some track unlike the $10 billion from the stimulus that paid for additional studies.

It would cost trillions to even start having anything that looked like a real network and even then the economics would still suck.

rutlandbison
02-09-2011, 01:04 AM

Look at the list now. Mike Dragosavich????? He really supports this???

tjbison
02-09-2011, 01:08 AM
you know this is going to be a reality when they haven't posted any updates since Oct

Tatanka
02-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Kind of surprised we haven't seen some legislation on the topic. Hell, they have every other half-assed partially baked dumbshit idea covered.

bisonmike2
02-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Imagine high speed rail from Chicago with stops in Madison, Rochester, Mpls, St. Cloud and terminating just outside of the Fargodome. I would love it. We could get Izzy and a few of our Chicago area alumni to tailgating and the games. In fact, Mike and TC might just jump at the opportunity if the trip becomes a one day affair.

Now, isn't that worth 53B? :D

Hell yeah it is. Just end the Afgan war 2 weeks early and it's paid for.

Tatanka
02-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Hell yeah it is. Just end the Afgan war 2 weeks early and it's paid for.

Sad but true.

The_Sicatoka
02-10-2011, 06:00 PM
What's missed in this is how Bill Keifer has really, truly brought a diversity of people together.

I mean, both UND and NDSU people are agreeing this guy is looney-tunes. :D

BadlandsBison
02-10-2011, 07:42 PM
What's missed in this is how Bill Keifer has really, truly brought a diversity of people together.

Wait, I change my mind then. He's a genius.

CAS4127
02-10-2011, 07:53 PM

Diversity, as in Sioux mascot/nickname:confused: :confused:

Twentysix
02-13-2011, 05:03 AM
This guys a troll irl.