PDA

View Full Version : One thing I love about Bison fans

Mr. Burgundy
09-14-2010, 11:34 PM
We are passionate. Think about it, we beat Kansas when nobody expected it, and then lost by a TD to a team that is ranked, in their house, a rival, and just flat better than us. Then.....we go nuts. Everyone just hates it. Calling for coaches heads, benching kids, etc. You have to love it. The one thing NDSU fans don't tolerate is moral victories and I respect that. Win or go home in Bisonland, and that is the way it should be.

I fully expect a passionate effort to inspire the home crowd this weekend. Should be a great weekend. Tailgating starts basically right now. If you aren't prepping for the west lot, you are late. I got an email from a fan of a different "transitioning" school and he was just pumped how they responded and only lost by a TD to Northern Illinois. I am like, you are happy losing? That is when it hit me, different fanbases require different things. Then on WDAY they are talking about how they are playing a tough D2 team. A D2 team? Don't we know how this ends? if you beat them, you are criticized for playing a crappy team (why are we scheduling a crappy D2 team), if you lose to them, you are the worst in America and it again kills recruiting.

Keep up the passion Bison fans, be realistic and get noisy and support the Bison this weekend. Operation "8 wins" is a go.

Gully
09-14-2010, 11:38 PM
We are passionate. Think about it, we beat Kansas when nobody expected it, and then lost by a TD to a team that is ranked, in their house, a rival, and just flat better than us. Then.....we go nuts. Everyone just hates it. Calling for coaches heads, benching kids, etc. You have to love it. The one thing NDSU fans don't tolerate is moral victories and I respect that. Win or go home in Bisonland, and that is the way it should be.

I fully expect a passionate effort to inspire the home crowd this weekend. Should be a great weekend. Tailgating starts basically right now. If you aren't prepping for the west lot, you are late. I got an email from a fan of a different "transitioning" school and he was just pumped how they responded and only lost by a TD to Northern Illinois. I am like, you are happy losing? That is when it hit me, different fanbases require different things. Then on WDAY they are talking about how they are playing a tough D2 team. A D2 team? Don't we know how this ends? if you beat them, you are criticized for playing a crappy team (why are we scheduling a crappy D2 team), if you lose to them, you are the worst in America and it again kills recruiting.

Keep up the passion Bison fans, be realistic and get noisy and support the Bison this weekend. Operation "8 wins" is a go.

Burgandy, all you left out is, "who's coming with me?"

See you this weekend. Not sure if you guys are grilling steaks but I have something to show you. Let's just say it could leave a "SU" mark on things.....

Mr. Burgundy
09-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Burgandy, all you left out is, "who's coming with me?"

See you this weekend. Not sure if you guys are grilling steaks but I have something to show you. Let's just say it could leave a "SU" mark on things.....

Steaks? Well, I think that is pretty normal for our group. We would love to see you leave a mark on our meal! Can't wait.

"Who's comin' with me?"

Jdubs21
09-14-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sambini
09-15-2010, 12:18 AM

Well done and Im in+++++++++

chuckles
09-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Post of the week! A positive perspective on being a Bison football fan. I needed this thread instead of more negative nancy comments.

bisonmike2
09-15-2010, 12:49 AM

Great post. And you know if Mr. Burgundy says it, it's the truth!

Bison"FANatic"
09-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Great post and so true. Hopefully we can make it out to seesome of you guys at tailgaiting

ndsubison1
09-15-2010, 01:11 AM

Amen......

P.S. You should have the Florida-Tennessee game on at your tailgate :D

SDbison
09-15-2010, 01:34 AM
Amen......

P.S. You should have the Florida-Tennessee game on at your tailgate :D
Just don't stand in front of the TV!

cbline
09-15-2010, 01:38 AM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Who's with me? Let's go!!!

HerdBot
09-15-2010, 04:08 AM

I nominate this as post of the week! :)

FargoPanther
09-15-2010, 04:20 AM
Longtime UNI Panther season ticket holder, now NDSU Bison season ticket holder. I will see you all on Saturday! :howdy:

tony
09-15-2010, 04:40 AM
I nominate this as post of the week! :)

Seconded...

VanClubPres
09-15-2010, 04:45 AM
Seconded...

I am a president, so...........gavel sound?

roadwarrior
09-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Longtime UNI Panther season ticket holder, now NDSU Bison season ticket holder. I will see you all on Saturday! :howdy:

Kickoff at 1pm (in the west lot)!

Notorious
09-15-2010, 12:30 PM

Thank you, William Wallace !!!!

Seriously...great post...way to rally the troops!

overquota
09-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Who's with me? Let's go!!!

Crank up the war effort! Call up the tea drinking, 2nd amendment militia, we have a ball game on Saturday!

bisonhusker
09-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Today we are talking about getting just crushed up front by a great ranked football team in their house. LOVE THAT. We know we must improve and losing to a team is not ok. UND had several articles written about how they went "toe to toe" with Idaho. The only time they were actually toe to toe with them was at the coin toss. losing sucks and is not tolerated. I expected a huge running day by NDSU. Nobody has ever stopped our run, need to get that swagger back.

thundarsdaddy
09-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Bison Fans...Bison home crowds are the best..go Herd!!
Win or Lose I'll always be on your side, just dont talk to me if you lose!!

Herd Mentality
09-15-2010, 10:27 PM
win or lose...we still booze.

Mr Burgandy, it disturbs me that Gully apparently wants to do something to your meat.

Gully
09-16-2010, 12:16 AM
win or lose...we still booze.

Mr Burgandy, it disturbs me that Gully apparently wants to do something to your meat.

I knew it would be just a matter of time. I can't believe PLs sausage hasn't been mentioned.

DjKyRo
09-16-2010, 12:35 AM
I knew it would be just a matter of time. I can't believe PLs sausage hasn't been mentioned.

Did somebody say PL's sausage?

BigDeal
09-16-2010, 12:41 AM
You guys are seriously bipolar....

...and so am I! Go Bison!!!

THEsocalledfan
09-16-2010, 02:54 AM
Burgandy, great post. The difference between the U of M and NDSU? We expect nothing short of excellence in football where they don't seem to care. It is a Nebraska attitude and the secret to NDSU success.