PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Lakes

mebisonII
09-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Why is it that the only* store in DL to carry any NDSU gear is Wal-Mart? It took me 5 stops and about an hour to figure that out. Lakes, you run that town, right? Get on that!

Lakes Sport Shop did have one pair of fleece NDSU pants (???), but I'm rounding that down to zero for them.

EndZoneQB
09-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Wal-mart has a shitload of NDSU stuff too. I was certainly surprised.

mebisonII
09-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Wal-mart has a shitload of NDSU stuff too. I was certainly surprised.

Yeah, I was going to say that, too. I'm not big on complimenting Wal-Mart (competition to my family's business), but I found a nice selection of shirts in all sizes there, so, well-done to the manager that got that stuff in.

EndZoneQB
09-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I was going to say that, too. I'm not big on complimenting Wal-Mart (competition to my family's business), but I found a nice selection of shirts in all sizes there, so, well-done to the manager that got that stuff in.

Yeah same here, my dad was a 25year employee of Supervalu so I was raised to hate all things Wal-Mart.

When I was in there, they had basketball jerseys and shorts too I believe.

MNLonghorn10
09-13-2010, 04:53 PM
because out of a total of 15 days during the year, detroit lakes sucks

mebisonII
09-13-2010, 05:34 PM
because out of a total of 15 days during the year, detroit lakes sucks

Bah, its a nice little town with enough stores to provide about anything you'd need (just barely on the Bison gear though) surrounded by fishing opportunities and there are some decent places to eat in the area. What else do you need? Not a big, wild nightlife town, I suspect, but the town and area has a lot going for it.

I mean, its no Mandan, but still.... :p

bisongirl
09-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Detroit Lakes has Zorbaz, and Hotel Shoreham is nearby...what else do you need??!! :D

aces1180
09-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Detroit Lakes has Zorbaz, and Hotel Shoreham is nearby...what else do you need??!! :D

Target and Taco Bell! :nod: :nod:

bisongirl
09-13-2010, 05:55 PM

Target, yes...taco bell I can do without!!!!!!

Bison bison
09-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah same here, my dad was a 25year employee of Supervalu so I was raised to hate all things Wal-Mart.

When I was in there, they had basketball jerseys and shorts too I believe.

yeah, 'cause Supervalu is a mom and pop shop...

mebisonII
09-13-2010, 07:04 PM

I think there is a Taco Bell in the little building in front of Walmart, or is that a Taco Johns? I am, admittedly, a little lost without a Target, since at home I do 98+% of my shopping at HyVee, Target, and Menards.

sambini
09-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Lakeshirts should get on board and design some stuff.

bisongirl
09-13-2010, 07:13 PM
I think there is a Taco Bell in the little building in front of Walmart, or is that a Taco Johns? I am, admittedly, a little lost without a Target, since at home I do 98+% of my shopping at HyVee, Target, and Menards.

It's Taco Johns

56BISON73
09-13-2010, 07:13 PM

I have some new logos that would look great on t-shirts

mebisonII
09-13-2010, 07:15 PM

That one was odd...I talked to one of the ladies there and she said they print stuff for NDSU, but don't sell anything. She was running off elsewhere and I was running late to where I was supposed to be, so I didn't ask why they didn't sell anything.

EndZoneQB
09-13-2010, 10:45 PM
yeah, 'cause Supervalu is a mom and pop shop...

It sure isn't...but they also are not bad for business like Wal-Mart. They take care of their employees like you wouldn't believe(maybe not Google-esque, but they are extremely flexible all the way to the store level), and they also PAY their employees. It's not even close...Supervalu is run like a mom and pop shop compared to Wal-Mart...

BigBison
09-18-2010, 02:09 AM

Target sucks unless you have a vagina. :D