PDA

View Full Version : To Bisonville-

09-13-2010, 12:35 AM
After reading posts regarding the offensive play at UNI, it is very obvious that most of you on here know very little to nothing about football. Go back and watch the game on DVR or whatever and actually watch the game before 90 % of you get on here and start ranting about things you know nothing about.

First off, watch the actual passing game by NDSU. It is very obvious that while not all the fault falls on Mohler, he is not capable of being the QB of this team. Buffalo Bob makes a great point in the thread on the oline. Mohler held the ball for far too long and when he feels any pressure, he bails on his pocket. Over and over during the game he abandoned his pocket and either moved up or tried to get outside the tackles. Both of which never work in football other than high school. He has zero pocket presence.

Secondly, DJ mcnorton did very poorly picking up the blitz. He struggled play after at picking up the blitz and gave up at least three sacks. He also missed his protections on a few plays too.

As far as the O line goes, you idiots on here who say Turner is the best o lineman and the rest suck apparently did not watch the game. Turner struggled, bottom line, but its nearly impossible for a rookie to come in and play an oline position. He has a bright future and could be a great lineman here, however, he is not ready to play. The guard positions are inexperienced and obviously need work. Cornick and Arndt played very well and neither gave up a play until Cornick had to play guard, a position he is not obviously comfortable with. I dont think Richards is completely healthy. There is a lack of depth at OL especially guards and its clear there were recruiting deficiencies in the last couple years. There is no doubt the running game needs work.

Give some credit to UNI, be proud of our defense, get better on O, and give this season a shot. The D is tough, Our O looked bad the last two games but we still beat Kansas and it was no mistake. These problems were not unforeseen. We knew we had some holes before this season started. We can get better.

For the rest of you who read this and think you know better, you don't. 90 percent of you who played in HS and believe that makes you knowledgeable, or watch hard knocks, get drunk and watch football and think you know how gap or slide protections work, you don't. Enjoy the games and shut the hell up. If you think what I am saying is total BS, go ahead and keep posting garbage on here. You give no insight or do nothing for bison football.

lakesbison
09-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Most of us were stars and the line,s job was keep your qb alive for 3 freakin seconds.

Sorry old-time lineman, do your job for 3 seconds, period.

Grizzled
09-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks Bear Bryant. Would you care to put down anyone else with your post? Its a message board where fans share opinions.

I got other news for you. TOUGH defenses don't give up 425 yards. Pinning this all of the offense is a joke. Its a team game and I know the boys think that. The defense isn't pointing fingers as they got run up and down the field just as bad as the offense and if we would have played a qb in the last two weeks who could hit an open man they would be getting ripped just as bad.

The boys will learn from this and move on. Maybe you could donate your knowledge to the coaching staff since you seem to know it all and broke down the tape of the game.

CaBisonFan
09-13-2010, 12:50 AM
What you wrote may have football validity.

The rest of it, regarding the membership here...is like calling the kettle black. You may understand football...but you know little to nothing about the people here. I don't care how much you've read here in the past.

How many usernames have you had bk? It takes talent to get kicked off of bisonville several times...:cool:

DjKyRo
09-13-2010, 12:52 AM
I agree that tough defenses don't give up 425 yards Grizzled, but the offense didn't do any favors for the defense by having them back on the field every minute and a half.

CaBisonFan
09-13-2010, 12:53 AM
I agree that tough defenses don't give up 425 yards Grizzled, but the offense didn't do any favors for the defense by having them back on the field every minute and a half.

It's true. The defense...again...was hung out to dry.

Kermit
09-13-2010, 12:57 AM
After reading posts regarding the offensive play at UNI, it is very obvious that most of you on here know very little to nothing about football. Go back and watch the game on DVR or whatever and actually watch the game before 90 % of you get on here and start ranting about things you know nothing about.

First off, watch the actual passing game by NDSU. It is very obvious that while not all the fault falls on Mohler, he is not capable of being the QB of this team. Buffalo Bob makes a great point in the thread on the oline. Mohler held the ball for far too long and when he feels any pressure, he bails on his pocket. Over and over during the game he abandoned his pocket and either moved up or tried to get outside the tackles. Both of which never work in football other than high school. He has zero pocket presence.

Secondly, DJ mcnorton did very poorly picking up the blitz. He struggled play after at picking up the blitz and gave up at least three sacks. He also missed his protections on a few plays too.

As far as the O line goes, you idiots on here who say Turner is the best o lineman and the rest suck apparently did not watch the game. Turner struggled, bottom line, but its nearly impossible for a rookie to come in and play an oline position. He has a bright future and could be a great lineman here, however, he is not ready to play. The guard positions are inexperienced and obviously need work. Cornick and Arndt played very well and neither gave up a play until Cornick had to play guard, a position he is not obviously comfortable with. I dont think Richards is completely healthy. There is a lack of depth at OL especially guards and its clear there were recruiting deficiencies in the last couple years. There is no doubt the running game needs work.

Give some credit to UNI, be proud of our defense, get better on O, and give this season a shot. The D is tough, Our O looked bad the last two games but we still beat Kansas and it was no mistake. These problems were not unforeseen. We knew we had some holes before this season started. We can get better.

For the rest of you who read this and think you know better, you don't. 90 percent of you who played in HS and believe that makes you knowledgeable, or watch hard knocks, get drunk and watch football and think you know how gap or slide protections work, you don't. Enjoy the games and shut the hell up. If you think what I am saying is total BS, go ahead and keep posting garbage on here. You give no insight or do nothing for bison football.

Your football analysis is spot on. You probably at least played college football somewhere. Congratulations.

Your analysis of Bisonville is spiteful, arrogant, and just plain wrong. First, many here criticized the QB for exactly the reasons you pointed out. You don't have to be Bill Belichick or a rocket scientist to figure some things out. Likewise the comments on the o-line. Second, you need to realize that Bison football (or any college football program) is what it is because of the fans who support the program with their hearts and wallets. Wow.

CaBisonFan
09-13-2010, 01:00 AM
Your football analysis is spot on. You probably at least played college football somewhere. Congratulations.

Your analysis of Bisonville is spiteful, arrogant, and just plain wrong. First, many here criticized the QB for exactly the reasons you pointed out. You don't have to be Bill Belichick or a rocket scientist to figure some things out. Likewise the comments on the o-line. Second, you need to realize that Bison football (or any college football program) is what it is because of the fans who support the program with their hearts and wallets. Wow.

I believe that this is a former Bison player from way, way back. Not sure...but pretty sure. He talks about bisonville just like he writes. We are all a bunch of idiots according to him. The arrogance and spitefulness...it's my somewhat educated guess.

Precisely...dear Kermit.

HerdBot
09-13-2010, 01:11 AM

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the offensive line was bad, the running backs missed blots protection, the QB held the ball too long at times, and the cover 2 worked exactly as its designed. Let them move inbetween the 20s and don't give up a big play. They were tough in the redzone.

Actally the turning point in the game was the 87 yard punt. Shouldn't have let it bounce. Freshman mistake.

56BISON73
09-13-2010, 01:17 AM
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the offensive line was bad, the running backs missed blots protection, the QB held the ball too long at times, and the cover 2 worked exactly as its designed. Let them move inbetween the 20s and don't give up a big play. They were tough in the redzone.

Actally the turning point in the game was the 87 yard punt. Shouldn't have let it bounce. Freshman mistake.

This is the way I saw it---
If you watch the return man he was running to catch the ball. He would have had to catch the ball over his shoulder at full speed. That would be tough to do. If he muffs it UNI might recover. From what I saw he was in a no win situation. All the credit goes to the punter and a good bounce. He had to have punted it 60-70 in the air.

buffalobob
09-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Kermit, I too support bison football with my heart and wallet. I don't believe that it gives anyone a pass to verbally abuse the players like alot of posters on Bisonville do. If you don't agree, go back and read the posts that were written last nite. As ---- posted I'm sure there was alot of liquor involved when the messages were written. Look at the profanity, no excuse. Many of these young men that work their tails off for us all year round are reading these message boards. So go ahead and comment on your opinions but let's remember who's reading this. The players are deserving of our respect and courtesy!!

Tatanka
09-13-2010, 01:26 AM

http://madtown.cc/d/27616-1/Slow-Clap.gif

:rolleyes:

bisonmike2
09-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Thank you for your wonderful insight .... If that's even you're real name. I shall never criticize another football player again. It is obvious that the game is too complicated and difficult to understand for us common folk. Just a tip. Next time you come on bisonville to post, please keep it short as many of us here also didn't major in English while in college so sometimes it can be difficult to comprehend long messages. I mean 90% of us took english in high school so we think we are knowledgeable, but we're just not.

Kermit
09-13-2010, 01:31 AM
Kermit, I too support bison football with my heart and wallet. I don't believe that it gives anyone a pass to verbally abuse the players like alot of posters on Bisonville do. If you don't agree, go back and read the posts that were written last nite. As ---- posted I'm sure there was alot of liquor involved when the messages were written. Look at the profanity, no excuse. Many of these young men that work their tails off for us all year round are reading these message boards. So go ahead and comment on your opinions but let's remember who's reading this. The players are deserving of our respect and courtesy!!

Excellent point. Opinions are OK, but we should keep them respectful and lose the profanity. Yup.

tjbison
09-13-2010, 01:37 AM
This guy had to stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Jay
09-13-2010, 01:42 AM

Not much Smith could do about it. The punter hit a boomer... do you want him to take a chance at a running over the shoulder catch?

56BISON73
09-13-2010, 01:46 AM
Not much Smith could do about it. The punter hit a boomer... do you want him to take a chance at a running over the shoulder catch?

I am with you. As I was watching it I started saying to myself---NOoooo dont try it.:nod:

No_Skill
09-13-2010, 01:48 AM
Let me preface this by saying that I personally believe that all the fault for the team's performance lies squarely with the coaches.

If these "boys" can't take a little criticism, then I pity them because life will chew them up and spit them out.

99Bison
09-13-2010, 01:48 AM
I am with you. As I was watching it I started saying to myself---NOoooo dont try it.:nod:

Well, he didn't return any more punts or KO's after that one... Apparently the coaches thought it was a mistake.

aces1180
09-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Message boards are just the 21st century way of being the arm chair fan, which have been around since the game was invented. If members are not expressing themselves here, they are doing at the games, at bars, barber shops and other places fans gather. It has been happening for years.

Bisonville, like it or not, is a place fans comes to cheer, complain, second-guess, and in my case, be a smart ass sometimes. We may not be experts, but we are passionate fans who just want the best from the Bison. Even though some of us express ourselves in a manner which may outsiders may not like, we still care.

Bison"FANatic"
09-13-2010, 01:53 AM

Not just to myself I was yelling it. That was a huge punt and turned the field and the momentum over. We should have been starting at the 50 maybe not the 10. It was just a great punt that was just about impossible to field.

56BISON73
09-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Well, he didn't return any more punts or KO's after that one... Apparently the coaches thought it was a mistake.

Were there any more?:D It was late in the game if I remember correctly.

Bisonguy
09-13-2010, 01:58 AM

Yeah, there were. I remember Scotty Miller commenting that Miller wasn't on the field for a kickoff or punt after that.

BisonNolesFan77
09-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Let me preface this by saying that I personally believe that all the fault for the team's performance lies squarely with the coaches.

If these "boys" can't take a little criticism, then I pity them because life will chew them up and spit them out.

Agree...when you get to this level of football, it's a business. In any type of business, if you don't perform you will face criticism. Bisonville is very, very tame compared to another blog/board I follow on game days.

BisonNolesFan77
09-13-2010, 02:00 AM

Yeah, I believe it was Gatlin who returned the next one and that one didn't go so well either. Smith was put in a very tough spot there, he fields it and muffs and the coaches are all over him, he lets it go (Which I think is the right play) and the coaches are all over him.

99Bison
09-13-2010, 02:02 AM

It was at 10:41 left in the third quarter... So at least one KO and punt return, I think he may have been back for the last punt return after sitting out the KO shortly there after.

AFAWK me may have just lined up in the wrong spot too, it only went what 50 yards in the air.

BisonNolesFan77
09-13-2010, 02:06 AM

You had a great paragraph there about giving UNI some credit and giving this season a shot, and then you go on to insult Bisonville as whole. Actually your entire post was insulting Bisonville other than the one. Believe it or not, there are members here who have played football above the high school level.

56BISON73
09-13-2010, 02:06 AM
Yeah, I believe it was Gatlin who returned the next one and that one didn't go so well either. Smith was put in a very tough spot there, he fields it and muffs and the coaches are all over him, he lets it go (Which I think is the right play) and the coaches are all over him.

This where things are screwy to me. This kid a freshman I will add fields every KO and punt for two game. The the punter kicks a punt of a life time and a record at UNI I might add that goes 60-70 yards in the air. Hes running full speed looking over his shoulder and need to make a Willie Mays like catch. He cant make the play so instead of muffing it he lets it go. The punt rolls another 20 yards which is a phenominal punt and the coaches are over him?????
Great coaching moment there.

tjbison
09-13-2010, 02:10 AM
This where things are screwy to me. This kid a freshman I will add fields every KO and punt for two game. The the punter kicks a punt of a life time and a record at UNI I might add that goes 60-70 yards in the air. Hes running full speed looking over his shoulder and need to make a Willie Mays like catch. He cant make the play so instead of muffing it he lets it go. The punt rolls another 20 yards which is a phenominal punt and the coaches are over him?????

Yet Samen Washington waved off EVERY punt he took

BisonNolesFan77
09-13-2010, 02:11 AM

Agree'ed 100%...when you put a freshman back there to begin with, you have to accept that there may be a mistake or two. But to get on a kid, who made the safe play in game that was still very much winnable, is idiotic. Like you said, great coaching moment there...

OrygunBison
09-13-2010, 02:21 AM
Message boards are just the 21st century way of being the arm chair fan, which have been around since the game was invented. If members are not expressing themselves here, they are doing at the games, at bars, barber shops and other places fans gather. It has been happening for years.

I understand your point but still call BS. Internet anonymity allows posters to be pretty darn idiotic and insulting in a way that they would not normally be in a real setting. For what it is worth, booze doesn't excuse anything. It wouldn't in person so why would it here.

As someone who yesterday really wanted to know what was going on with the game and BV was my ONLY source, I was pretty disgusted. So much so that I am avoiding most of the threads in the football forum. (Yeah, I know, big loss not having Orygunbison as a part of the discussion...)

Dash dash dash may be an asshole and may be a little out of line with his post but I am sure that the thing that irritates a good many of you is that at least a little of what he posted is true.

aces1180
09-13-2010, 03:01 AM
I understand your point but still call BS. Internet anonymity allows posters to be pretty darn idiotic and insulting in a way that they would not normally be in a real setting. For what it is worth, booze doesn't excuse anything. It wouldn't in person so why would it here.

As someone who yesterday really wanted to know what was going on with the game and BV was my ONLY source, I was pretty disgusted. So much so that I am avoiding most of the threads in the football forum. (Yeah, I know, big loss not having Orygunbison as a part of the discussion...)

Dash dash dash may be an asshole and may be a little out of line with his post but I am sure that the thing that irritates a good many of you is that at least a little of what he posted is true.

I can't speak for other members of this board, but I know that everything I write on Bisonville is public and I would say these things in front of my dad or with my friends. Are personal attacks ok? No, absolutely not. But critizing an athlete's play or coach's decision is fair game IMO. These people are lucky enough to be a part of Bison football. Being second guessed and examined under the microscope is the way it is in today's sports world.

No_Skill
09-13-2010, 03:07 AM
I can't speak for other members of this board, but I know that everything I write on Bisonville is public and I would say these things in front of my dad or with my friends. Are personal attacks ok? No, absolutely not. But critizing an athlete's play or coach's decision is fair game IMO. This people are lucky enough to be a part of Bison football. Being second guessed and examined under the microscope is the way it is in today's sports world.

I think this is where all the confusion comes in. I think some people see the honest criticism as personal attacks. I haven't read anything in the past day where I thought, whoa that's way out of line.

lakesbison
09-13-2010, 03:17 AM
I talk more smack than this whole board combined. I rip on anyone and everyone however......I tell them how freakin great they are too!!!!! It's give and take. I know more about fball then most and played. It's a message board, who cares, get over it and embraCe the praise!!!!

You get the crap and the hugs, deal with it. Go bison forever!!!

heckler
09-13-2010, 03:23 AM

Kind of wondering why you took time out of your day to write this?

ndsubison1
09-13-2010, 05:35 AM

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/3.jpg

Twentysix
09-13-2010, 05:47 AM

Bisonville, like it or not, is a place fans comes to cheer, complain, second-guess, and in my case, be a smart ass sometimes. We may not be experts, but we are passionate fans who just want the best from the Bison. Even though some of us express ourselves in a manner which may outsiders may not like, we still care.

++++++++++

buffalobob
09-13-2010, 01:35 PM
I can't speak for other members of this board, but I know that everything I write on Bisonville is public and I would say these things in front of my dad or with my friends. Are personal attacks ok? No, absolutely not. But critizing an athlete's play or coach's decision is fair game IMO. These people are lucky enough to be a part of Bison football. Being second guessed and examined under the microscope is the way it is in today's sports world.

There's nothing wrong with criticizing an athlete's play WHEN YOU KNOW what the player's duties are. What myself and I think --- was saying is that before your come down on the players, make damn sure you know what you're talking about.

imabisonfan
09-13-2010, 01:54 PM

WOW..were you in CF or watching on TV...so what's your inside track on Bison Football? What are your credentials on the game? Don't slam the freshman, because they need him to play

Notorious
09-13-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm the smartest one on here...let's get that straight right effing now!

thundarsdaddy
09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
I have not had the ability to judge this team firsthand, by seeing them play in person, nor even seeing a live practice! My viewing is limited to the TV, and that doesn't always tell the truth, as we all know.
But I need to say this!
Division ONE football is competitive, no matter which subdivision!!
ANY team can compete with, and possibly beat ANY other team on any given gameday!!
Ask the Gophers!!
Ask the Jayhawks?
Now, as to the UNI game, its VERY difficult playing a team with obviously more team speed!!
Especially a QB on the UNI team who not only has unique speed for a QB, he was totally unpredictable!
As was the game plan by UNI...very unpredictable!!
D-1 football has evolved into a game of adjustments, on a weekly basis!!
Next time the Bison play UNI, it will be a different outcome, because of these adjustments!
So many of the football analysts, predicting NFL games thought that the rematch of the NO Saints against the Vikings would be a shoot-out, based entirely on how the last meeting went!!
Unbelievable!!
The Bison put a competitive team on the field each and every gameday, and I for one will always support them!!
Having had first hand knowledge of this same Bison program, during the Interim period a few years ago, when the switch to Div One made for some tough times, it took some dedicated fans to "hang in there" as there would be better times ahead!!
Then, before anyone had predicted a string of victories, along with a 10-9 LOSS(which everyone considered a victory) to the Gophers in their backyard, made everyone a Believer!!!
Followed by a true victory over the same Gophers the following year!!!
Then sooo many things occured, including Thundar(whom I had a vested interest in) being nominated for Mascot of the Year!!
Amid all the football accomplishments, look at the VB team!!
And the track and field accomplishments!
Um...needless to mention the Mens BB team!!!!!
And countless others!!!
This is the PURE definition of what only people up in this neck-of-the-woods can possibly understand..."BISON-PRIDE"!!!
I am still proud to be associated with this fine program, even though I have no one on the field to personally root for, or be proud of!!
So I am proud of ALL of them!!!

steelbison
09-13-2010, 02:06 PM

BuffaloBob, totally agree. I was embarrassed as a NDSU alum to read the BS on this board by certain posters. Trust me I was as frustrated as anyone over the game. But to call out players and coaches the way some people did was more than over the top.

People, understand what you look like when you post that way, understand recruits, parents, coachs read this and trust me it doesn't help.

Nothing wrong with opinions and constructive critisism, but a lot of things posted here were not in that vein.

steelbison
09-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Agree...when you get to this level of football, it's a business. In any type of business, if you don't perform you will face criticism. Bisonville is very, very tame compared to another blog/board I follow on game days.

So that makes it right? :banghead: :banghead:

56BISON73
09-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm the smartest one on here...let's get that straight right effing now!

I cant believe anyone would question that.:D

Green-N-Gold
09-13-2010, 04:21 PM
BuffaloBob, totally agree. I was embarrassed as a NDSU alum to read the BS on this board by certain posters. Trust me I was as frustrated as anyone over the game. But to call out players and coaches the way some people did was more than over the top.

People, understand what you look like when you post that way, understand recruits, parents, coachs read this and trust me it doesn't help.

Nothing wrong with opinions and constructive critisism, but a lot of things posted here were not in that vein.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

bisonmike2
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM

It means it's reality, and people bitching about it isn't going to change it.

Hammersmith
09-13-2010, 04:57 PM
There's a reason GDTs are generally locked after the game. They are filled with the realtime emotion of the game with almost no filtering whatsoever. Maybe we'd be better off with a chat option that could be destroyed afterward, but I don't want to do away with it altogether. Current players(and their families) shouldn't be reading this board to begin with, but they definitely shouldn't be reading the GDTs. The only thing that I think we(Bisonville members) should change is to keep the extreme anger and bitterness limited to the GDT and also to the same 24hr window that the players use. Maybe a single PostGDT for venting that closes after a day, rather than the dozen individual threads we generally use. The PGDTs would be another group of threads that current players should never read. I don't have a problem with the negative comments, I just think we could tidy things up better.

tony
09-13-2010, 05:25 PM
There's a reason GDTs are generally locked after the game. They are filled with the realtime emotion of the game with almost no filtering whatsoever. Maybe we'd be better off with a chat option that could be destroyed afterward, but I don't want to do away with it altogether...

One reason we used to lock and split game threads was that there seemed to be a performance issue with super long threads. I think we have solved that problem by having a dedicated server. Rants after a loss aren't going away whether we have game threads or not.

If venting on a message board helps people cope, then maybe it serves a purpose. That's no excuse for the behavior, btw, just an explanation.

Hammersmith
09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
One reason we used to lock and split game threads was that there seemed to be a performance issue with super long threads. I think we have solved that problem by having a dedicated server. Rants after a loss aren't going away whether we have game threads or not.

If venting on a message board helps people cope, then maybe it serves a purpose. That's no excuse for the behavior, btw, just an explanation.

Shhhhh. You know that, I know that, but they didn't. The people behind the curtains need some secrets. ;)

RowdyRabbit
09-13-2010, 05:59 PM

And dang it guys, post the score of the game in the GDT every once in awhile... :) after reading through about half the thread sat night, I ended up quitting and going to espn to find the score.

Based on the posts, I expected the score to be about 35-6, and I was shocked to only see it 15-9 or whatever it was.

WYOBISONMAN
09-13-2010, 06:41 PM
And dang it guys, post the score of the game in the GDT every once in awhile... :) after reading through about half the thread sat night, I ended up quitting and going to espn to find the score.

Based on the posts, I expected the score to be about 35-6, and I was shocked to only see it 15-9 or whatever it was.

Heck..........just ask and someone will post it.

BisonNolesFan77
09-13-2010, 11:43 PM

I don't believe I ever said it is right. I believe that I said football at this level is a business, if you fail to perform in any type of business setting, you will face criticism. Or is there a fantasy land out there that I have yet to find where you will not face criticism if you fail to perform?

bisoneer
09-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Offense is a problem and has been for over 2 years now... Hopefully they can get something figured out that works this week vs. Morgan... GO BISON!

80ALUM
09-14-2010, 11:55 PM

Heck, I watched the game and expected the score to be 35-6.:hide:

bisoneer
09-16-2010, 04:00 AM
Heck, I watched the game and expected the score to be 35-6.:hide:

Too funny... and I only watched the highlights and thought we had a chance to win it!