PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back at 2005

CaBisonFan
09-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Might have the year wrong...but I think it was 2005. The Bison went to Cal Poly when Steve Walker was a sophomore. They were beaten pretty soundly by Cal Poly...and I'll never forget the Cal Poly announcers talking about how outclassed we were in terms of pure athleticism. It seemed that the two programs were at different levels.

Cal Poly came to Fargo the next year and we got them (hope I'm right about this). And the 2007 game at Cal Poly is already legendary.

I'll admit that I'm really disappointed in the offense right now...but maybe the Bison are a little bit like the 2005 team...a team of promise...but not ready to play consistently in a hostile environment. I think that Bohl saw this coming. His interview relating to Kansas & UNI was prophetic.

HerdBot
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Its not how you start that matters. Its how you finish. That 2005 team improved so much they would have beaten Poly had they played them late in the year. Good post.

ndsubison1
09-12-2010, 09:16 PM
I believe this team will get better as the season progresses. 1-1 on a road trip like we just had can actually be considered a success with the team we have. 3 home games coming up that we should be favored in all. I think we have a good shot to win all 3 of them and hopefully the team improves through all of them

onbison09
09-12-2010, 11:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTV0XeTBYE

jaystus
09-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Its not how you start that matters. Its how you finish. That 2005 team improved so much they would have beaten Poly had they played them late in the year. Good post.

So kinda like how Kansas would beat us if we played later in the year.

CaBisonFan
09-13-2010, 12:55 AM
So kinda like how Kansas would beat us if we played later in the year.

Depends on who 'us' is.

HerdBot
09-13-2010, 01:20 AM
I believe this team will get better as the season progresses. 1-1 on a road trip like we just had can actually be considered a success with the team we have. 3 home games coming up that we should be favored in all. I think we have a good shot to win all 3 of them and hopefully the team improves through all of them

Sometimes an ass kicking after a big win can be good. I guarantee you that any sense of over confidence and complacency is now gone. They known they are good enough to beat a big dog but they are also capable of getting their ass handed to them.

56BISON73
09-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Sometimes an ass kicking after a big win can be good. I guarantee you that any sense of over confidence and complacency is now gone. They known they are good enough to beat a big dog but they are also capable of getting their ass handed to them.

Reps to you!!!!

HerdBot
09-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Reps to you!!!!

Yeah not sure that came from but very true. That should be our teams theme for the rest of the year!

56BISON73
09-13-2010, 02:17 AM
Yeah not sure that came from but very true. That should be our teams theme for the rest of the year!

I think some here should take it to heart as well. Remember---Any Given Saturday

DORMIE
09-13-2010, 02:28 AM
All very good points. It's amazing on how people's stripes can change in a week. Last Sunday at coffee, the feeling was awesome. This morning a couple of morons had all the answers and we should have picked them up for assistant coaches. We were on the road in a hostile environment and the UNI defense was unbelievable. Give them credit and give our staff and players time to regroup. I still belive we'll have a nice team this year.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
09-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Might have the year wrong...but I think it was 2005. The Bison went to Cal Poly when Steve Walker was a sophomore. They were beaten pretty soundly by Cal Poly...and I'll never forget the Cal Poly announcers talking about how outclassed we were in terms of pure athleticism. It seemed that the two programs were at different levels.

Cal Poly came to Fargo the next year and we got them (hope I'm right about this). And the 2007 game at Cal Poly is already legendary.

I'll admit that I'm really disappointed in the offense right now...but maybe the Bison are a little bit like the 2005 team...a team of promise...but not ready to play consistently in a hostile environment. I think that Bohl saw this coming. His interview relating to Kansas & UNI was prophetic.

Memory is for strangers, history is for fools