PDA

View Full Version : UNI QB change

HerdBot
09-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Not sure if anyone picked up on this. Why did we take the ball first? Clearly we were surprised by the QB change. On the early drives the defense was confused and it took a while for them to adjust.

That was a big coaching move by Farley and gave them an edge. I wasnt that impressed even though the TV guys were blowing their loads over him. Once we adjusted the guy was a non factor. Its the UNI running back who is GREAT!

99Bison
09-12-2010, 04:34 PM
We probably took the ball first to try and make a statement and taking the momentum. Actually I am all for that in this situation, and others, lets be agressive intead of waiting around.

HerdBot
09-12-2010, 05:08 PM
We probably took the ball first to try and make a statement and taking the momentum. Actually I am all for that in this situation, and others, lets be agressive intead of waiting around.

My point isnt whether or not we agree with it or not. Hes only done that once since he's been here and it was because our defense had hit rock bottom and everyone knew they couldn't stop anyone and we needed the extra possession. Clearly our defense isn't a problem this year so the only reason i can come up with is they we're surprised by the qb change.

Personally i've never agreed with deferring. I think the offense has a much better chance to score and you want to have more opportunities to score. Its a numbers game. Especially in a shoot out.