PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota game will be a hot ticket!!

HerdBot
09-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Wow that South Dakota beating the Gophers really took me by suprise! Instead of a so so game it now looks like a game we could lose if we don't play our best. They have one great QB. The guy threw for over 400 yards and won the game by himself. I can't ever remember a time when 2 teams met after big wins over FBS schools. Throw in our storied history against them including a win in the National Championship and the fact it will be our first ever meeting as a D1 team and we have one hot ticket!

Glad i have season tickets!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Wow that South Dakota beating the Gophers really took me by suprise! Instead of a so so game it now looks like a game we could lose if we don't play our best. They have one great QB. The guy threw for over 400 yards and won the game by himself. I can't ever remember a time when 2 teams met after big wins over FBS schools. Throw in our storied history against them including a win in the National Championship and the fact it will be our first ever meeting as a D1 team and we have one hot ticket!

Glad i have season tickets!

^^^^^^This. We will have to bring our A game.

Their offense looked great. Wide open. Not tight or conservative. I think our coaches could use a few plays from their playbook. We need to open it up abit. Their QB is awesome. Its been awhile since we've had a QB of that caliber.

steelbison
09-11-2010, 09:09 PM
^^^^^^This. We will have to bring our A game.

Their offense looked great. Wide open. Not tight or conservative. I think our coaches could use a few plays from their playbook. We need to open it up abit. Their QB is awesome. Its been awhile since we've had a QB of that caliber.

How did their QB look last week? Let's not read too much into a game against a horrible defense. I for one have zero concern for the Yotes.

Twentysix
09-11-2010, 09:37 PM
I hope its a competitive game. We gain another Western FCS team if the Coyotes suceed. Hopefully hell will have to freeze over for USD to out recruit us. Aslong as they arent out recruiting us then we are nothing but a beneficiary of another Western FCS team.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-11-2010, 09:52 PM
How did their QB look last week? Let's not read too much into a game against a horrible defense. I for one have zero concern for the Yotes.

I hope your right, but this is exactly what the Gopher and Jawhawk fans were saying before kickoff.

Think about it...........

HerdBot
09-11-2010, 10:03 PM
I hope your right, but this is exactly what the Gopher and Jawhawk fans were saying before kickoff.

Think about it...........

Yep. And they will be very confident they can win. I hope they can get the game on TV if its not scheduled already... can't remember

Bisonguy
09-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Yep. And they will be very confident they can win. I hope they can get the game on TV if its not scheduled already... can't remember

The Yotes game is scheduled for ND NBC broadcast.

funteddy
09-11-2010, 10:23 PM
That Safety they got number 8, is a STUD....Left the Gophers, when Brewster got hired. Smart Kid.

pantherhawkrolling
09-11-2010, 10:23 PM
This was a very nice win by South Dakota, but it does not stand in splendid isolation. Last week they got crushed by Central Florida. I remember last year I saw them against UNI; they didn't look like world-beaters as UNI hung over 700 yards on them in a 66-7 thrashing. That's not to say that they are not a solid team, but this result looks more like they got hot on a given day.

tjbison
09-11-2010, 10:45 PM
This was a very nice win by South Dakota, but it does not stand in splendid isolation. Last week they got crushed by Central Florida. I remember last year I saw them against UNI; they didn't look like world-beaters as UNI hung over 700 yards on them in a 66-7 thrashing. That's not to say that they are not a solid team, but this result looks more like they got hot on a given day.

Agreed, Ill give them props for winning, god knows we have bitched about other fans "downplaying" our FBS wins, but they got crushed by CFU and beat what I witnessed as a completely un disciplined football team with. Gophers can lay all their issues on the coaching. I hope the Yotes come to Fargo and make a good game as its alot more exciting to play a good game than watch a blowout. With that Ill save any predictions until tonight is over.

HandoEX
09-11-2010, 10:55 PM
It was already a hot ticket. I called 2 weeks ago for tickets for my in-laws coming up from Arkansas and the ticket office told me they were down to single seats.

tjbison
09-11-2010, 10:58 PM
It was already a hot ticket. I called 2 weeks ago for tickets for my in-laws coming up from Arkansas and the ticket office told me they were down to single seats.

Well they were wrong, I bought 4 yesterday in Section 22 in a row way up high but still available, also the Visitor section (23) has lots open.

Did you request a certain section?

A1pigskin
09-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Took me by surprise.

Kevin
09-11-2010, 11:36 PM
The USD fans must be on cloud nine.

.....all five of them.

bisonranch
09-12-2010, 03:31 AM
Some gutsy calls by South Dakota in that game. Our offence hasn't played at that level for years. Great game.

80ALUM
09-12-2010, 03:37 AM

Still feel this way after our game tonight?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-12-2010, 03:39 AM
Some gutsy calls by South Dakota in that game. Our offence hasn't played at that level for years. Great game.

^^^^^^^This. They looked great. They opened it up. I was hoping for that from us tonight. Nothing......................

aces1180
09-12-2010, 03:40 AM
Still feel this way after our game tonight?

Yep...We'll gain some steam next week and this game will be good.

ThunderDan
09-12-2010, 03:41 AM

Lol, you fell for the old, "ticket office says they are down to single seats" trick

Please, they are never down to single seats.

bisonmike2
09-12-2010, 03:44 AM
USD looked good, but Minnesota looked bad, really really bad. There were blown coverages all over the place, and the Gopher defense looked confused most of the time. If we can shut down their QB, we'll be fine. I'm assuming, of course that we somehow find an offense that can score more than 10 points.

aces1180
09-12-2010, 03:46 AM
USD looked good, but Minnesota looked bad, really really bad. There were blown coverages all over the place, and the Gopher defense looked confused most of the time. If we can shut down their QB, we'll be fine. I'm assuming, of course that we somehow find an offense that can score more than 10 points.

Their QB is #2....I hope to God that the #2's a f****t doesn't go on the whole game!

80ALUM
09-12-2010, 03:47 AM
Yep...We'll gain some steam next week and this game will be good.

Oh, Aces, ever the optimist! Seriously, I hope you are right.

Twentysix
09-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Yeap .

HandoEX
09-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Lol, you fell for the old, "ticket office says they are down to single seats" trick

Please, they are never down to single seats.

Why would they not want my in-law's money? That makes no sense to me. I made no specific request. I called and asked how many seats I could get together (would have bought 10) and they said only singles were left.

stevdock
09-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Their QB is #2....I hope to God that the #2's a f****t doesn't go on the whole game!

Is there someone on here from the Spectrum or something that can write about this and get info out there?? You wouldn't think you would need to do that, but it's gone on long enough and needs to stop.

Bisonguy
09-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Is there someone on here from the Spectrum or something that can write about this and get info out there?? You wouldn't think you would need to do that, but it's gone on long enough and needs to stop.

I thought they quit this at least 2-3 years ago??

aces1180
09-12-2010, 11:55 PM
I thought they quit this at least 2-3 years ago??

I heard it last season...

ThunderDan
09-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Why would they not want my in-law's money? That makes no sense to me. I made no specific request. I called and asked how many seats I could get together (would have bought 10) and they said only singles were left.

couldn't tell ya, but you can still get 10 tickets together on the sidelines....probably more, but i only tried 10. I can't see not being able to get two tickets together unless it was a home playoff game that was extremely hyped up.