PDA

View Full Version : Depth Chart

Kermit
09-11-2010, 06:03 AM
The depth charts released to the press don't always match reality. I just watched the Kansas game again on my DVR, and played close attention to who actually played. Here's what I saw:

Defense:

DT: Gratzek and Perry started. Phillips played a lot for Perry. Drevlow had a couple of snaps.

DE: Boyer and Stoczynski started. Jirik played a lot, especially on passing downs. Hagen had a few snaps.

LB: Evans, Jemison, and Anderson started. (The report elsewhere that Littlejohn started was definitely erroneus.) Willson rotated in on the base defense. In the nickle package, Willson and Anderson were generally on the field with Evans and Jemison leaving. None of the freshmen played LB on D.

CB: Marcus Williams started both halves along with Banks (this was the base defense, not the nickle). I have no idea why Pierre was announced as the starter. Pierre did rotate for the other two and he played a lot. Gatlin played outside on the strong side of the field in nickle situations with Banks moving inside and Williams or Pierre on the weak side.

S: Eaves and Lemon started. Pike replaced Lemon in nickle situations and he replaced Eaves when he left with cramps.

Offense:

OL: Arndt (LT), Lund (LG), Richard (C), Beckius (RG), and Cornick (RT) played every offensive snap.

TE: Smith and Veldman played almost equally. In two TE sets, Veldman was the true TE and Smith was the H-back.

WR: Holloway and Mack started. Holloway was the man in single WR sets and he got by far the most reps. Williams, Howard, and Duchscher all played in the opening drive and had scattered reps.

FB: Vandal started, but Bruhn played a fair amount and Hushka and Grothmann also had a few reps.

RB: McNorton started and Voigtlander and Sigers also got reps.

QB: Mohler started and played every down.

Special Teams:

It was impossible to see all of the numbers, but I know for sure that the following guys played who weren't listed above:

Jastram (K), Murphy (LS), Prelvitz (P), Ryan Smith (KR/PR), Olson, Gion, Ollman, Heagle, Van Voorhis, Gimmestad, and Lang.

The only true freshmen that I definitely saw on the field were Ryan Smith, Grant Olson, and Colten Heagle. I didn't see Don Carter, Carlton Littlejohn, Billy Turner, or Jesse Hinz on the field, although it is possible that any or all of them may have played on special teams.

DjKyRo
09-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Great post Kermit, thanks for your research!

HooliganBison
09-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Participation Report (Final)
The Automated ScoreBook
North Dakota State vs Kansas (Sep 04, 2010 at Lawrence, Kan.)

North Dakota State
Pos ## Offense
LT 52 Arndt,Michael
LG 73 Lund,Joe
C 63 Richard,Austin
RG 68 Beckius,Ty
RT 78 Cornick,Paul
TE 84 Smith,L
WR 6 Mack,Titus
WR 81 Holloway,W
FB 46 Vandal,Lee
HB 8 McNorton,D.J.
QB 3 Mohler,Jose

North Dakota State
Pos ## Defense
LE 92 Boyer,Coulter
DT 70 Gratzek,Matthew
NG 69 Perry,Leevon
RE 98 Stoczynski,S
LB 56 Jemison,Brandon
LB 44 Evans,Preston
LB 38 Littlejohn,C
LC 13 Banks,Freddie
SS 36 Lemon,Cyrus
FS 7 Eaves,Daniel
RC 1 Williams,M

North Dakota State: 2-Pierre,Brendin, 4-Gatlin,Josh, 10-Ollman,Bobby, 11-Howard,Justin, 12-Wahlo,Cooper, 14-Gion,Brock, 15-Pike,John, 19-Prelvitz,John, 20-Heagle,Colten, 23-Voigtlander,M, 24-Smith,R, 28-Sigers,Mike, 29-Vorhis,A.J. Van, 30-Jastram,Ryan, 33-Hushka,Drew, 34-Olson,Grant, 40-Grothmann,A, 42-Lang,Derrick, 43-Carter,Don, 45-Willson,Chad, 47-Bruhn,Garrett, 48-Anderson,Matt, 50-Murphy,Michael, 59-Gimmestad,Tyler, 66-McGregor,DJ, 80-Duchscher,Reed, 82-Veldman,Matt, 85-Williams,G, 93-Jirik,Cole, 95-Phillips,Matt, 96-Hagen,Ricky.

Herd
09-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Kermit is clearly correct about #38. At most he had a special teams rep or 2, and I can't even confirm that. It was #48 and #45 who took reps at LB as I documented in my game observerations. This report is in error (not the poster mind you).