PDA

View Full Version : UNI Could be in trouble

westriver bison
09-11-2010, 05:39 AM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20100910/SPORTS0207/100910023/1003/SPORTS/Northern-Iowa-president-Division-I-status-could-be-threatened

"UNI’s proposal painted a bleak scenario if the Regents decide on deeper cuts.

The report said the loss of Division I athletics at UNI could mean the elimination of all of its 17 sports programs because of a loss of revenues."

This is not something we want to see happening. Could be a sad day

EndZoneQB
09-11-2010, 07:29 AM
And this is how UND get's a conference. Look on the bright side tho, that certainly opens the door to the MVC! haha

tjbison
09-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Although I don't see this as anything but a Fundraising pitch, they would drop FB before losing DI status in Mens BBall.

Gully
09-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Neither the article or the comments talk much about raising more private dollars. That would seem to be an option to at least close the gap.

Does anyone know how much general fund support NDSU atheltics gets?

Cue hammer in 3, 2, 1...........

Da Bison
09-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Although I don't see this as anything but a Fundraising pitch, they would drop FB before losing DI status in Mens BBall.

Using the SCSU approach to fundraising.

tony
09-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Easy. They just combine with UNDS to form... UNINDS. We could use the Metrodome for home games.

Although I've got strong ideas on a new mascot for UNDS, if UNI gets thrown into the mix, then I will forward an additional idea to the mascot subcommittee:

http://www.plasticbag.org/images/extra/im_a_unitard.jpg

Seriously, this sounds like a negotiating tactic - at least I hope it is.

clenz
09-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Sadly the BOR in Iowa has NO UNI representation on it. It is all Iowa and Iowa State on it. They spent 30K on a study this past spring to determine if we would gain or lose money by moving to the FBS or by moving down to D2. It was determined we would gain extra money by moving and we would lose more money that we could think of by going D2. Nothing will come of this.

Hammersmith
09-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Easy. They just combine with UNDS to form... UNINDS. We could use the Metrodome for home games.

Although I've got strong ideas on a new mascot for UNDS, if UNI gets thrown into the mix, then I will forward an additional idea to the mascot subcommittee:

Seriously, this sounds like a negotiating tactic - at least I hope it is.

^^^^^ this.

tjbison
09-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Sadly the BOR in Iowa has NO UNI representation on it. It is all Iowa and Iowa State on it. They spent 30K on a study this past spring to determine if we would gain or lose money by moving to the FBS or by moving down to D2. It was determined we would gain extra money by moving and we would lose more money that we could think of by going D2. Nothing will come of this.

Are these elected or appointed positions??

bisonmike2
09-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Hmmm. I thought this was going to be about todays game.