PDA

View Full Version : Sports Network Goof

NWNDBison
09-10-2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/gaddess/index.htm

In the only showdown of ranked opponents, No. 9 South Dakota State travels to the east to duel with No. 16 Delaware.

I believe these two teams are ranked, Andrew:

NO. 21 NORTH DAKOTA STATE (1-0) AT NO. 14 NORTHERN IOWA (0-0)

I e-mailed the author, Andrew Gaddess. We'll see if he bothers to make the correction.

I suppose it can be excused. No one's seen NDSU in the rankings for a couple of years.

Tatanka
09-10-2010, 04:17 PM
What to know: Southern Illinois owns the Missouri Valley Conference's only win against a Big Ten opponent, a 35-28 triumph at Indiana in 2006.

Boooooooooooooooooo.

NorthernBison
09-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Boooooooooooooooooo.

I guess he was technically correct as we weren't part of the MVFC in 2007 when we beat the Gophers. That was a win by the Great West Conference. Oh well.....

NWNDBison
09-10-2010, 04:33 PM
What to know: Southern Illinois owns the Missouri Valley Conference's only win against a Big Ten opponent, a 35-28 triumph at Indiana in 2006.

Wow! Thanks for catching that one. It appears our friend, Andrew, needs a history lesson.

Did you e-mail him? His address is at the bottom of the article.

I will, too. Join in, anyone? At least Andrew will know his articles are read.

NWNDBison
09-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I guess he was technically correct as we weren't part of the MVFC in 2007 when we beat the Gophers. That was a win by the Great West Conference. Oh well.....

I stand corrected. You are right. He could have made mention, though. Unless he REALLY doesn't know.

Bison bison
09-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Boooooooooooooooooo.

There was no MVC, it was the Gateway in 2006.

Tatanka
09-10-2010, 04:55 PM
There was no MVC, it was the Gateway in 2006.

I understand he's technically correct. But I still say boooooooooooooooo.

NorthernBison
09-10-2010, 05:01 PM
I understand he's technically correct. But I still say boooooooooooooooo.

I agree with you. ++++

NWNDBison
09-10-2010, 05:02 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/gaddess/index.htm

In the only showdown of ranked opponents, No. 9 South Dakota State travels to the east to duel with No. 16 Delaware.

I believe these two teams are ranked, Andrew:

NO. 21 NORTH DAKOTA STATE (1-0) AT NO. 14 NORTHERN IOWA (0-0)

I e-mailed the author, Andrew Gaddess. We'll see if he bothers to make the correction.

I suppose it can be excused. No one's seen NDSU in the rankings for a couple of years.

Just wanted to let you all know, Andrew replied and is correcting problem #1:

On Sep 10, 2010, at 11:05 AM, Andrew Gaddess wrote:

NWNDBison, you are correct. Thank you for pointing that out, it is my mistake and is being corrected as we speak.

Thanks again, Andrew.

Capn_Cat
09-10-2010, 05:29 PM
That ranking was a sympathy bone thrown at you so you could feel good about something for a week.

Have fun in "Also receiving votes" land, come Monday.

:bow:

DjKyRo
09-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I understand some good-natured ribbing and a little smack but at this point we're starting to see every damn thread derailed with "UNI is better than NDSU" can we limit it to threads about the actual game from here on out, please?

heckler
09-10-2010, 05:36 PM
"But Farley's biggest concern must be with the offensive line, which has a combined three starts, all by left tackle Jay Teply."

I didn't know their offensive line was so inexperienced.

DjKyRo
09-10-2010, 07:04 PM
"But Farley's biggest concern must be with the offensive line, which has a combined three starts, all by left tackle Jay Teply."

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but this is what I like to hear - inexperienced offensive line plus new QB who might still be finding his step vs. D-line that dominated a Big-XII O-line equals botched plays. :nod:

Tatanka
09-10-2010, 07:05 PM
I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but this is what I like to hear - inexperienced offensive line plus new QB who might still be finding his step vs. D-line that dominated a Big-XII O-line equals botched plays. :nod:

Maybe that's what Farley WANTS you to hear... :hide:

I fully expect that they'll be game ready. I also expect that when the Bison take the lead, the cheap stuff will make an appearance. Key to this game will be NDSU's young players keeping their heads when it does.

EndZoneQB
09-10-2010, 07:18 PM

Thats honestly some of the best news I've heard all week. We shredded Kansas' line...UNI should be no exception. Mix that in with an inexperienced QB and we have ourselves a good game :)

90BISON
09-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Thats honestly some of the best news I've heard all week. We shredded Kansas' line...UNI should be no exception. Mix that in with an inexperienced QB and we have ourselves a WHALE of a game :)

There, fixed it for you..... :D

DjKyRo
09-10-2010, 08:39 PM
There, fixed it for you..... :D

Thank you, Craig Bohl. ;)