PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Roster posted

BlueKeyAlum
09-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Roster is up.

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=2400&SPID=698&SPSID=11924

Herd
09-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Wow, we are thin unless some of our Freshman are solid. I'm tired already when I think about some of the minutes that will need to be played by the starters. Hopefully we are bringing in a few more bodies.

sambini
09-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks Bluekey+++

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2010, 03:22 AM
11 players with 4 freshman........interesting!!!

Better not get too many injuries.

Doesn't DI women's BB get 15 schollies?????? Why do the Bison have only 11 players????

Poor recruiting, players quit, injuries.......Anyone know??

Ferd
09-21-2010, 02:38 PM

And Hannah is on the list. How is she doing? I talked with a couple of coaches and they said Hannah was planning to play.

Talk about fortitude. My hat is off to her, but please don't take too many chances with your health.

Elephants Dream?
09-22-2010, 05:06 AM

Better not get too many injuries.

Doesn't DI women's BB get 15 schollies?????? (Yes) Why do the Bison have only 11 players???? (Ask the coach)

Poor recruiting, players quit, injuries.......Anyone know??

If you read the thread about "2010-2011 Schedule" that should help you understand.

MNBISONCLUB
09-22-2010, 06:24 PM
I believe with Title Nine that the school actually has 16 scholarships to give. One more than the mens team. I also believe the Bison elect not to use them all due to budget problems. This may not be fair to the women on the team now, as it reduces their chances to be a competitive team. Not sure what the average may be for scholarships given out by similar teams. Does anyone know how many the Jackrabbits are using. In any case- GO BISON

MN_BISON
09-22-2010, 06:42 PM
I believe with Title Nine that the school actually has 16 scholarships to give. One more than the mens team. I also believe the Bison elect not to use them all due to budget problems. This may not be fair to the women on the team now, as it reduces their chances to be a competitive team. Not sure what the average may be for scholarships given out by similar teams. Does anyone know how many the Jackrabbits are using. In any case- GO BISON

Really, are you sure about that? :confused: I guess I can't say one way or the other but would be shocked if that was the issue.

roadwarrior
09-22-2010, 06:54 PM

The number of scholarships is set by the NCAA and is not dictated by Title IX. Women have 15 scholarships available and the men have 13 scholarships for D-I basketball.

There is absolutely no truth the coach DeHoff doesn't use them all due to budget problems! She can use all 15 if she desires.

MNBISONCLUB
09-23-2010, 01:54 AM
Ok. Loose on the facts. I was told there were 16. Checked scholly website and 15 and 13 is correct. Still- checking the roster the last three years and it looks like we had 12 in 2008, 13 in 2009, and 12 in 2010(counting Rachelle Eckman). We have two seniors this year, two juniors, three sophmores, and 4freshman. Can someone give me a good reason why we don't have a couple of Juco players on the team. My main concern is I don't wish another 2008 season on the women, where they finished with 6 scholarship players and one walk on. That team did a heck of a job through all the adversity.
http://www.hsbaseballweb.com/scholarships_by_sport.htm

roadwarrior
09-23-2010, 02:11 AM
I cannot give you a good reason for the low numbers.

BisoninNWMN
09-23-2010, 02:17 AM
If you read the thread about "2010-2011 Schedule" that should help you understand.

Still doesn't explain why this yr could turn out like 08. Why not bring in some JUCOs to help bolster the roster.

Poor retention.

Women's team seems like it is continually "rebuilding" like the wrestling team.

Tatanka
09-23-2010, 02:30 AM
IIRC Coach DeHoff mentioned in an early interview that she actually prefers a roster size of 10 or 11... Her call I suppose but it seems awful low to me...