PDA

View Full Version : Home, Sweet Home

99Bison
09-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Volleyball eager to amp up Bentson Bunker Madhouse

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=242

North Side
09-10-2010, 12:27 AM
I am pretty jack, planning on going to the game this friday!!

TbonZach
09-10-2010, 12:41 AM
A pep band will be there up until the Banner (we're going to MHS after). We're only going to have up to 30 members for each match this year. The reason for that is because they're anticipating sell-outs (crosses fingers) all year want to have as much space as they can.

Can't wait for the home season to start!

Tatanka
09-10-2010, 12:47 AM
A pep band will be there up until the Banner (we're going to MHS after). We're only going to have up to 30 members for each match this year. The reason for that is because they're anticipating sell-outs (crosses fingers) all year want to have as much space as they can.

Can't wait for the home season to start!

WHAT? Only 30 members? That's too bad. Part of the home court advantage was teh ridiculously large band playing extra loud in a small arena. Oh well. 30 will have to do. :)

actually, 30 is still overkill for the BBF. I love it.

TbonZach
09-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Ok, change of plans. The MHS gig is canceled due to weather so the pep band will be there for the entire game.

Go Bison!

Tatanka
09-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Ok, change of plans. The MHS gig is canceled due to weather so the pep band will be there for the entire game.

Go Bison!

Who is IN for the match tonight. Tatanka will be bringing Mrs. Tatanka and the little ones.

Hammersmith
09-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Who is IN for the match tonight. Tatanka will be bringing Mrs. Tatanka and the little ones.

I'm coming. Planning on leaving soon and grabbing a bite on the way. I'll be alone in a prissy green shirt because I was too damn dumb to doublecheck if any of my Bison gear was clean until a minute ago. Gotta make a trip to Scheels or the bookstore one of these days. Anyway, I'll be doing my best Craig Bohl imitation(bald but carrying a few more pounds). The lame arm is also a bit of a giveaway. Say hi if you spot me.

edit: Check that; found an old GSB polo hiding in the back of the closet. Still kinda ugly, but at least it's the right green.

bisongirl
09-10-2010, 11:45 PM
99Bison and daughter are there tonight, we'll all be there tomorrow night as its camper night and the girls that attended vball camp this summer got a free ticket. Our daughter will be the one in the stands in the yellow vball jersey! Last year's halloween costume is this year's game clothes!

TbonZach
09-11-2010, 02:10 AM
Glad to meet you, Ferd! Even though it was only for a brief moment.

Hammersmith
09-11-2010, 02:48 AM
99Bison and daughter are there tonight, we'll all be there tomorrow night as its camper night and the girls that attended vball camp this summer got a free ticket. Our daughter will be the one in the stands in the yellow vball jersey! Last year's halloween costume is this year's game clothes!

I actually sat two rows behind them for the first two sets. I think the Family Tatanka was behind us, but I'm not good enough with faces to be sure. If they were in the back row behind the SUU bench and had to fend off a REALLY wild deflection, then it was them.

Tatanka
09-11-2010, 02:49 AM
I actually sat two rows behind them for the first two sets. I think the Family Tatanka was behind us, but I'm not good enough with faces to be sure. If they were in the back row behind the SUU bench and had to fend off a REALLY wild deflection, then it was them.

Indeed you are correct sir! Looked for you but apparently not hard enough. TWSS. Whatever.

Oh, and the BBF was hotter than a five peckered billy goat tonight. A/C? Not so much apparently.

Hammersmith
09-11-2010, 02:50 AM

From now on I'm going to sit near the band, so maybe I'll run into you. Give props to your female drum major/student director for nailing the GBG timing at the start of the match. As one DM to another, that ain't easy.

Hammersmith
09-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Indeed you are correct sir! Looked for you but apparently not hard enough. TWSS. Whatever.

Oh, and the BBF was hotter than a five peckered billy goat tonight. A/C? Not so much apparently.

I was sitting about three rows down from you. We made eye contact a couple times when you came in(I was already sitting), but I didn't see any recognition in your eyes. I figured I was wrong, so I didn't come up to be sure. Dumb me. I was sure about 99, but I still didn't do anything(the area was filling in by the time he got there).

As for the climate, it was a wee bit toasty, indeed.

And let's blame 99 & bisongirl for the Bison Illustrated Curse. Put a girl on the cover, and she rolls her ankle in her next match. I forgot to check, but Laurie re-entered later on, right? I remember seeing her standing in the huddle, but I moved over to talk to a cousin that showed up unexpectedly and didn't pay attention to any return.

And Dr. B needs to find some kind of casual wear for sporting events. I've seen him tonight and at the UND soccer game, and both times he was wearing a suit and tie. He's going to roast himself to death if he keeps this up.

Tatanka
09-11-2010, 02:58 AM
It was a wee bit toasty.

And let's blame 99 & bisongirl for the Bison Illustrated Curse. Put a girl on the cover, and she rolls her ankle in her next match. I forgot to check, but Laurie re-entered later on, right? I remember seeing her standing in the huddle, but I moved over to talk to a cousin that showed up unexpectedly and didn't pay attention to any return.

And Dr. B needs to find some kind of casual wear for sporting events. I've seen him tonight and at the UND soccer game, and both times he was wearing a suit and tie. He's going to roast himself to death if he keeps this up.

Shit, he'll have to before basketball season. He'll suffer heat stroke in teh sauna...

TbonZach
09-11-2010, 03:08 AM
From now on I'm going to sit near the band, so maybe I'll run into you. Give props to your female drum major/student director for nailing the GBG timing at the start of the match. As one DM to another, that ain't easy.

If you do, I'll be the one with the silver trombone, aka the Silver Bullet. (it only took me an hour to get the shine back up to par)

Hammersmith
09-11-2010, 04:29 AM
Just remembered something I found humorous at the game. Sometime in the first or second set, I noticed Dom Izzo show up. Carrying a WDAY camera. Is it bad when a station can't afford to send a separate cameraman? I don't really mean this as WDAY smack, but is it normal for the primary sportscaster to have to do everything? Of course, I don't remember seeing anyone from ValleyNews or KVRR there, though I don't know them well enough by sight to be sure. Anyway, I found the situation a little funny and decided to share.

99Bison
09-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Just remembered something I found humorous at the game. Sometime in the first or second set, I noticed Dom Izzo show up. Carrying a WDAY camera. Is it bad when a station can't afford to send a separate cameraman? I don't really mean this as WDAY smack, but is it normal for the primary sportscaster to have to do everything? Of course, I don't remember seeing anyone from ValleyNews or KVRR there, though I don't know them well enough by sight to be sure. Anyway, I found the situation a little funny and decided to share.

I think all local stations have been doing this for the past 5 years or so.

tjbison
09-11-2010, 01:11 PM

Hallstrom used to run the camera at BBall games

Hammersmith
09-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Well, never mind then. I'm still going to find it a bit funny, but I guess it's better directed at the industry in general, then at one station or city.

99Bison
09-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Well, never mind then. I'm still going to find it a bit funny, but I guess it's better directed at the industry in general, then at one station or city.

Indeed, kinda sad actually...

Bisonguy
09-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Hallstrom used to run the camera at BBall games

Yeah, you'd see Scott Peters or the weekend guy from KVLY usually as well. FOX would also have one of the sportcasters with a camera.

Elephants Dream?
09-13-2010, 05:29 AM
Saturday night the crowd was a little smaller and the
BBF was a bit cooler. Friday night was steamy!
I was in Iowa last weekend, and both nights at home.
6 matches under my belt already.

Elephants Dream?
09-13-2010, 04:40 PM
As for the climate, it was a wee bit toasty, indeed.

Lauren didn't play anymore Friday night.
She was dressed in her warm-ups on Saturday, stood on the sideline with
the team, but didn't play.

Hammersmith
09-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Lauren didn't play anymore Friday night.
She was dressed in her warm-ups on Saturday, stood on the sideline with
the team, but didn't play.

Crap. Hopefully there's no structual damage, and it will just take a week to heal. I didn't see anything special on her ankle when she was standing later in the match, so I hope it's just a little pain, swelling, and overprotectiveness on the part of the staff.

Oh, and I think Saturday was the first home match with an attendance under 1000 in about a year. And it was closer than I expected. Something in the mid-900s.

zooropa
09-13-2010, 07:45 PM

ZOMG there are little Tatankas?

Heaven help us. :p

TbonZach
09-13-2010, 07:49 PM
ZOMG there are little Tatankas?

Heaven help us. :p

He didn't say they were his little ones. ;) :p

I can't wait for Thursday! Bring it, UND!

Ferd
09-13-2010, 10:41 PM

I'll catch you again on Thursday...

Answer Guy
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
gobison.com is showing reserved tickets for Thursday are sold out. How often does that happen?

roadwarrior
09-14-2010, 05:27 PM
gobison.com is showing reserved tickets for Thursday are sold out. How often does that happen?

Most likely the first time, since this is the first year reserved tickets have been sold for volleyball.