PDA

View Full Version : Which game, or games on the schedule are not winnable?

CaBisonFan
09-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Anyone care to tell us which games can't be won?

99Bison
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM

You must be referring to the game on December 22nd. :D

EndZoneQB
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM

After the Kansas win, none. There is NO reason why we can't win out...

WYOBISONMAN
09-08-2010, 06:16 PM
If the Bison stay focused, they have a shot at winning any game they play.

tjbison
Nebraska.......oh wait that's SDSU

All of our are winnable from here on out

90BISON

Trick Question??? :confused:

MNLonghorn10
09-08-2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20325&highlight=predictions

post 2. my perfect season prediction will be perfect.

BisonAccountant44
09-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't know that there has ever been a Bison game that I didn't expect them to win, let alone one I thought was unwinnable.

cbline
09-08-2010, 06:21 PM

I would guess Alabama vs. Sr. Margaret's School for Wayward Girls, but I do hear that the Girls' QB has a laser arm (and the running back has CrAzY SpEeD!!)

DjKyRo
09-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Any game, any time is winnable. The Bison showed us that, Jacksonville St. showed us that (huge rally in the 4th after being down 31-13).

That said, I think the game that is the least winnable is the home game against SIU. Yes, it's in the Fargodome but any team that puts up 70 on anyone has an offense that is clicking and despite the fact that we held an FBS team to three points I'm not TOTALLY sold on our defense yet (just pretty sold). If we're having a great season up to that point I could live with a loss to SIU, they're a good team.

That said, I think if the offense tightens it up we can tango with anyone left on our schedule. The UNI game will be another tough road game but I think our defense can win it for us. Morgan State only put up 14 on a sub-FCS team so I'm looking forward to how our defense handles them. We should take care of business against USD and our offense should make their final tuneups before heading into genuine league play. WIU....enough said.

Youngstown State should be a good game - penalties in the first half killed them against Penn State and while they lost by 30 they didn't look just awful (like UND did) doing it. That and we haven't beaten them in two years of MVFC play. I wasn't sold on Ill. St. when everyone was talking them up to be contenders for the MVFC and after they gave up 54 to a D-II QB I'm feeling a little vindicated. ;) Maybe they play better at home, who knows?

Indiana State is the Detroit Lions of the MVFC and while we should win pretty solidly they could be contenders in a year or two. I'll call SIU a toss-up even though I would consider us underdogs in that game. I think this is the year SDSU goes down and we reclaim the marker, and how cool would it be for our third- and second-to-last conf. games to be against potential league contenders? Late season drama. :nod: Finally, MO. St. should be a win on the road.

I'm going to improve my earlier prediction of 7-4 to 8-3 simply because I was conservatively calling Kansas a loss (despite my confidence we'd win :nod:). I wouldn't be heartbroken if we lose to SIU and while I honestly think we can run the table (that is to say, we can contend with any team on our slate) if our guys play strong like they did Saturday, I wouldn't be shocked if a few youthly errors stack up in a big game - we're a still a young team and that's going to happen.

HerdBot
09-08-2010, 06:40 PM

We're capable of winning them all. We're also capable of losing them all. Even last year team could have gone 8-3 with some breaks We're not going to win them all. If we do - a lot of things had to have gone right. I'm going to modify my original prediction and choose 8-3. If we can somehow go to UNI and win - I say we finish 9-2. Conference is way too tough. I think UNI, SIU, and SDSU would have beaten Kansas.

ndsubison1
09-08-2010, 07:29 PM

none. they are all winnable. before the season if i had to pick one i would have said kansas. whoops. the 3 toughest left are UNI, SIU, and SDSU. @ Ill St. will be tough and @ Mizzou St. could be very tough to end the season too. All are winnable in my eyes though

chuckles
09-08-2010, 11:00 PM
All games are winnable. I hope the coaches are preaching the 'one game at a time' philosophy and the players focus on the task at hand and don't look down the road. I believe this contributed to the success in 2006 and 2007. If you look at the 'Official 2010 Prediction Thread' many of us on here realistically thought we couldn't beat KU. Take it one opponent at a time, and lets win them all!!

CaBisonFan
09-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Trick Question??? :confused:

Sort of. It's for the 4-7 or 3-8 folks. I mean, there has to be at least 4 or 5 'can't win' games in there. Couldn't win at Kansas. What'r the other ones that we can't win? That's what I'd like to know. Then I can just skip watching the games that the players already know they're going to lose...or the ones they've given up on. :cool:

I saw an attitude on this team that resembled the teams that came back at Cal Davis, Cal Poly, and at Montana. One game ain't a season...but this team has an intangible. So, if we have been 'in' most of our games over the past couple of years...then a team with some real attitude might actually be 'in' the game at the end.

I don't have a season prediction. Gotta see more. I want to see the real Jose Mohler play like he did in high school. He has 'it.' The 'it' factor. Anyone remember watching those videos of him running the quick passing game? Give him another half-second of time on each passing play, and give him the confidence to know that he has the time...and we have a big-time winner at QB.

Pass protection appears to be the name of the game for the Bison. They simply must protect Jose and allow the play to develop...and allow him to look for 2nd and 3rd options. Jose has that ability...but he needs a little more time back there. If he gets it, we light up the house. Then the running backs will see open field.

The offensive line will win or lose the game against UNI.

I'm not convinced that the teams we play now are tougher than Cal Poly or Cal Davis. There's a little more depth because the conference is just bigger. If this Bison team keeps building itself, we'll be right there with SIU in terms of the quality of the team. Then it will come down to 'guts.' Not convinced at all about the MVFC being so superior to the schedules that we played in 06 & 07.