PDA

View Full Version : Wave at me!

mebisonII
09-08-2010, 02:31 PM
So, no UNI game for me...my wife has the weekend off and decided we should shoot back up home quick while we come. That means that on Friday afternoon-evening I'll be shooting straight up the exact route most of you will be coming down. So if you see a charcoal Grand-Am with NDSU and IA stickers in the back window next to you at a gas station, introduce yourself!

I should really get a big Bison sticker to put on the side of the car to see how many of you spot me.

HandoEX
09-08-2010, 02:40 PM
How about you sell the Grand Am and buy a Bison tailgating rig!

:D

mebisonII
09-08-2010, 02:42 PM
How about you sell the Grand Am and buy a Bison tailgating rig!

:D

Heh, somehow I don't think I'd talk my wife into that...not the biggest fb fan in the world. :) I am looking forward to seeing at the rigs on the way down, though...hopefully I'll see lots of them!

Bison bison
09-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Heh, somehow I don't think I'd talk my wife into that...not the biggest fb fan in the world. :) I am looking forward to seeing at the rigs on the way down, though...hopefully I'll see lots of them!

she better have other significant intangibles!

MNLonghorn10
09-08-2010, 02:49 PM
So, no UNI game for me...my wife has the weekend off and decided we should shoot back up home quick while we come. That means that on Friday afternoon-evening I'll be shooting straight up the exact route most of you will be coming down. So if you see a charcoal Grand-Am with NDSU and IA stickers in the back window next to you at a gas station, introduce yourself!

I should really get a big Bison sticker to put on the side of the car to see how many of you spot me.

a bit of me died reading that, and i stopped right there.

BisonBabe
09-08-2010, 02:50 PM

I am a bigger football fan then hubby. We tie on the Bison but after that I win hands down.

mebisonII
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Yep, figured that would be the common reaction. If I was really hung up on going to UNI, I could have pushed for it, but she doesn't have many weekends off (or much time off at all, really), so I tend to go with whatever she wants when she does have time. Plenty of other times I can do what I want.

Pretty certain I'm going to make the trip over for ISU-Red, though.

WYOBISONMAN
09-08-2010, 03:37 PM
she better have other significant intangibles!

Women have huge intangibles. You just can't fight City Hall.....:D

MNLonghorn10
09-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Yep, figured that would be the common reaction. If I was really hung up on going to UNI, I could have pushed for it, but she doesn't have many weekends off (or much time off at all, really), so I tend to go with whatever she wants when she does have time. Plenty of other times I can do what I want.

Pretty certain I'm going to make the trip over for ISU-Red, though.

haha relax.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
well your first problem is you live in iowa :D

mebisonII
09-08-2010, 04:10 PM
haha relax.

No worries, I'm not offended or defensive in the least. I was sort of inviting badgering when I posted this. :)

well your first problem is you live in iowa :D

The longer I live in Iowa, the more I realize the world revolves around this state. Seriously, it turns out virtually everyone has lived in, gone to school in, or worked in IA at some point or another. Who knew??? :confused:

MNLonghorn10
09-08-2010, 05:38 PM
i thought that was fargo. anywhere i go there seems to be a backstory that relates to this place.

EndZoneQB
09-08-2010, 05:56 PM
i thought that was fargo. anywhere i go there seems to be a backstory that relates to this place.

Same here...like the cab driver in Dallas. Or the Somalian cab driver that has family up here haha.

mebisonII
09-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Same here...like the cab driver in Dallas. Or the Somalian cab driver that has family up here haha.

Maybe that's the difference...I grew up ASSUMING the world revolved around the Red River Valley, I just never expected Iowa to have much effect on anything??? :confused: :D

fargocyclone
09-09-2010, 03:48 AM
Seriously, it turns out virtually everyone has lived in, gone to school in, or worked in IA at some point or another. Who knew??? :confused:

I completely disagree with this statement, because... oh, wait a sec :banghead:

mebisonII
09-09-2010, 04:28 AM
I completely disagree with this statement, because... oh, wait a sec :banghead:

Yep, exactly. :nod:

mebisonII
09-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Finally tally was pretty short: I saw the Bison FB semi just north of Waverly on Saturday and a few miles after that I saw a U-haul sized black trailer with a big Bison logo on the side. Pulled by a dark-colored larger SUV, if I remember right.

I think the trailer looked familiar. I'll have to dig through some tailgating threads and see if I can figure out who it was.

Didn't see anyone headed north on Sunday when I went home.

sambini
09-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Finally tally was pretty short: I saw the Bison FB semi just north of Waverly on Saturday and a few miles after that I saw a U-haul sized black trailer with a big Bison logo on the side. Pulled by a dark-colored larger SUV, if I remember right.

I think the trailer looked familiar. I'll have to dig through some tailgating threads and see if I can figure out who it was.

That had to be Mr. Burgundy and his crew. We passed them around the Iowa-Minnesota border.

TbonZach
09-13-2010, 07:28 PM

Did you see a convoy of 5 charter buses? If you did, then that was the band.*

*Same thing if you didn't see the buses

mebisonII
09-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Did you see a convoy of 5 charter buses? If you did, then that was the band.*

*Same thing if you didn't see the buses

Had to think for a minute, because I did see a convoy of buses, but that was on Friday, not Sunday. I'm sure I was too late to see you guys on Sunday, as I wasn't on I-94 until ~4pm.

Twentysix
09-14-2010, 04:12 AM

Same care different color, liscense plate says 2Six. Same to you, lots of NDSU stickers youll notice.