PDA

View Full Version : Black Socks

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Anyone else notice we went back to the black socks vs. Kansas.

I'm telling ya, we win with the black socks. Plus, they look really cool. :D

SDbison
09-08-2010, 03:49 AM

Black socks belong with black dress pants.
In my opinion they are butt ugly, just like Virginia Tech's uniforms last night. My idea of justice is to make them wear that uniform on a 90 degree hot sunny noontime game with no wind. Most of the team would not make it through the game.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-08-2010, 04:03 AM
In my opinion they are butt ugly, just like Virginia Tech's uniforms last night. My idea of justice is to make them wear that uniform on a 90 degree hot sunny noontime game with no wind. Most of the team would not make it through the game.

They look better than the ugly white targets of the last two years.

SDbison
09-08-2010, 04:05 AM
They look better than the ugly white targets of the last two years.
Compromise........find some green socks for the away uniforms.

BadlandsBison
09-08-2010, 04:06 AM
I thought this was gonna be a baseball thread for a second:hide: *

BTW twins picked up a whole game tonight:D

cvbison1
09-08-2010, 04:07 AM

black crew socks are the new thing homie. EVVVVVVERRRYYYBODDDYYYYY'S DOOOOINNGGG IT. but i guess you are old school. ;)

SDbison
09-08-2010, 04:21 AM
black crew socks are the new thing homie. EVVVVVVERRRYYYBODDDYYYYY'S DOOOOINNGGG IT. but i guess you are old school. ;)
Sorry if I not gangsta enuf fo ya..........
Help me slick......I suck at this!

lakesbison
09-08-2010, 06:12 AM
CV if you werent hi fiving me down in lawrence after the game, i'd kick your ass for you logo.

BLACK SOCKS ARE FREAKIN TIGHT!!!

99Bison
09-08-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm down with the black socks, look even better at night -->

http://photos.bisonillustrated.com/Bison-Illustrated/Football/NDSU-vs-Kansas-2010/13633173_jKJUf#996397878_yUJcS

mebisonII
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't care what color the socks are so long as they are in our endzone!

Sometime ya'll are like a bunch of ladies at the mall, I'm tellin' ya. :smh: :D

tony
09-08-2010, 01:15 PM

Sometime ya'll are like a bunch of ladies at the mall, I'm tellin' ya. :smh: :D

Hehe, yeah, do the Bison play games on Fox College Sports or on some cable fashion network?

westnodak93bison
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
black socks, green socks, gold socks, white socks.. who cares they can wear creme colored socks for all I care as long as WE WIN!!! :D

mebisonII
09-08-2010, 01:39 PM
black socks, green socks, gold socks, white socks.. who cares they can wear creme colored socks for all I care as long as WE WIN!!! :D

Yeah, that would be appropriate, because we're going to "creme" them, right!?!?

Sorry, enough bad puns, I'll go away now. :(

CaBisonFan
09-08-2010, 01:58 PM

I'm with you.

I like the traditional Bison uniform from the 80s (dark yellow or gold), but with this new era look the black socks fit the style better...and yes...the winning ways of the Walker era tell us that black socks are a part of the formula. It's the 'new' tradition.

Call me whatever you want...but I believe (truly believe) that what a team wears has an effect on its swagger (attitude).

I forget who responded about Virginia Tech...but I totally agree that those uniforms look like they were an entry into a 'butt ugly' uniform contest. They'd rank up there in the competition...IMO. A lot of schools are trying to compete with Oregon. VT might have beaten them.

Facts
09-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm with you.

I like the traditional Bison uniform from the 80s (dark yellow or gold), but with this new era look the black socks fit the style better...and yes...the winning ways of the Walker era tell us that black socks are a part of the formula. It's the 'new' tradition.

Call me whatever you want...but I believe (truly believe) that what a team wears has an effect on its swagger (attitude).

I forget who responded about Virginia Tech...but I totally agree that those uniforms look like they were an entry into a 'butt ugly' uniform contest. They'd rank up there in the competition...IMO. A lot of schools are trying to compete with Oregon. VT might have beaten them.

I'll buy that. How sweet would a "yellow out the dome" be if the foot ball team wore all yellow? Helmets, jerseys, and pants... and black socks of course.

Tatanka
09-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I'll buy that. How sweet would a "yellow out the dome" be if the foot ball team wore all yellow? Helmets, jerseys, and pants... and black socks of course.

Oh boy. Cue PL in 3......2................1......................... .......

Facts
09-08-2010, 03:45 PM

I thought PL liked mustard on his sausage?

56BISON73
09-08-2010, 11:02 PM

Why not have a green out???
That what the home jerseys are. That would be more inline with tradition.
Yellow???? Geeezus f--ing christ. What do you want to look like a field of freaking sunflowers.

56BISON73
09-08-2010, 11:04 PM

It wouldnt be.

BlueBisonRock
09-08-2010, 11:19 PM

Would It? These unis on a red or blue field could cause blindness.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/capt_7dc875087624477eb3f8a75ba5a8db09_ohio_st_minn esota_football___mnjm109.jpg http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/oregon-day-glo.jpg

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-09-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm watching the replay of the Boise State/VT game. I don't know what SD is talking about. VT uni's are THE BOMB!

How cool would it be it we had yellow shoes w/black socks.

Equiptment manager, get on it. :)

DjKyRo
09-09-2010, 01:42 AM
I didn't dig Boise's unis - those grey jerseys just didn't fly. Had they been white that would've been cool, but the helmets looked pretty good. VT's uniforms were awesome, I was digging the cool digital look of the orange numbers and the solid black helmets.

Bison bison
09-09-2010, 01:53 AM
you two are quite the metrosexuals.

Hammerhead
09-09-2010, 04:28 PM
I prefer white socks with horizontal green and yellow stripes. Kind of like the socks we had to wear in gym class back in the 80s only with NDSU colors.

Twentysix
09-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Yellow???? Geeezus f--ing christ. What do you want to look like a field of freaking sunflowers.

Well you want us to look like a field of watermelon. sheesh.

aces1180
09-09-2010, 04:45 PM

I agree and I never wear yellow to games...It's either my home green or road white jersey.

Capn_Cat
09-09-2010, 04:47 PM

Yeah, flailing in the air on that safety the UNI defense just unloaded on you........

:nod:

56BISON73
09-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Well you want us to look like a field of watermelon. sheesh.

Get off the sauce. Green has been the traditional Bison Home color.

Facts
09-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Get off the sauce. Green has been the traditional Bison Home color.

PL - Fine with me, Green Jersey's and green pants. I'd just like to see the fans figure out some unified approach with the team. Call it a yellow out, green out, white out, or black out, either way I think organization in the stands adds to intimidation on the field (12th man).

This aside, can we both agree you like mustard on your sausage :D ?

ps - I did see a yellow bison jersey at scheels the other day. :nod:

56BISON73
09-09-2010, 05:34 PM
PL - Fine with me, Green Jersey's and green pants. I'd just like to see the fans figure out some unified approach with the team. Call it a yellow out, green out, white out, or black out, either way I think organization in the stands adds to intimidation on the field (12th man).

This aside, can we both agree you like mustard on your sausage :D ?

ps - I did see a yellow bison jersey at scheels the other day. :nod:

Theres a sucker born every minute. :D

You actually think that all the fans wearing the same color has a material effect on the outcome of a game??? hey what ever puffs your cheeto.

Im wearing green.

And yes mustard is a go on the sausage.:D

Facts
09-09-2010, 05:47 PM

You actually think that all the fans wearing the same color has a material effect on the outcome of a game??? hey what ever puffs your cheeto.

Im wearing green.

I don't think what we wear impacts the outcome on the field to any great extent (except adding to the environment the games are played in), but I do have pride, and part of that pride for me is the hope that our fledgling D1 University could be organized to an extent that the majority of the 19000 fans in the stands could wear the same color, what ever it is.

Watch any major Conf FBS game on ESPN... I don't need to explain, you know what I mean.

ps. The team is what creates the results on the field, no doubt about that. The fans create the environment in the stadium. The sausage creates... oh nevermind. :D

Green-N-Gold
09-09-2010, 06:18 PM
If memory serves me correctly, a few months back I believe Scheelsguy said we could expect a "surprise" look for a home game this year.... All yellow would be putrid; 'giant jars of mustard' as the announcers referred to the Goophers yellow look. My guess is yellow jerseys/green pants

EndZoneQB
09-09-2010, 06:31 PM

Im wearing green.

I agree, I don't know why or who thought it was a good idea to start going with Yellow for home games?? I've always worn green and will continue to do so through "yellow-outs" which have to be the dumbest thing ever...we aren't Penn State anyway.

GradBison
09-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I agree, I don't know why or who thought it was a good idea to start going with Yellow for home games?? I've always worn green and will continue to do so through "yellow-outs" which have to be the dumbest thing ever...we aren't Penn State anyway.

Yes cause the dome isn't dark enough without wearing freaking dark green against the blue seats. :rolleyes:

Look at the student section when it's packed and tell me that doesn't look sweet as honey with all yellow. :nod:

http://dehoff.smugmug.com/Sports/Bison-Football/2007-NDSU-vs-SFA/NDSUFBSFA200730/193574940_vZfGE-M.jpg

Vs

http://dehoff.smugmug.com/Sports/Bison-Football/2007-SHSU-vs-NDSU/NDSUSHSU2007135/196374733_GodLP-M.jpg

Images (c) Dehoff Photography (http://dehoff.smugmug.com/)

Capn_Cat
09-09-2010, 08:33 PM
http://dehoff.smugmug.com/Sports/Bison-Football/2007-SHSU-vs-NDSU/NDSUSHSU2007135/196374733_GodLP-M.jpg

Quite a lively crowd there. Was Benny Hinn in town, or something???

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

56BISON73
09-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes cause the dome isn't dark enough without wearing freaking dark green against the blue seats. :rolleyes:

Look at the student section when it's packed and tell me that doesn't look sweet as honey with all yellow. :nod:

http://dehoff.smugmug.com/Sports/Bison-Football/2007-NDSU-vs-SFA/NDSUFBSFA200730/193574940_vZfGE-M.jpg

Vs

Thats a student thing. But student sections do that all over the country.
It doesnt do anything for me but I guess for others it does.

GradBison
09-09-2010, 08:39 PM

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

AwwW! Cappy is blushing at the site of a doom filled by a home team crowd.

BlueBisonRock
09-09-2010, 08:41 PM

Who is that guy in Red? :confused:

:D

56BISON73
09-09-2010, 08:49 PM

If you look there are numerous rathscallions that are wearing green and other colors. May god have mercy on their souls.:D

SDbison
09-09-2010, 08:51 PM

Dome Nazi in red

Facts
If you look there are numerous rathscallions that are wearing green and other colors. May god have mercy on their souls.:D

And may the force be with you...;)

Civil06
Thats a student thing. But student sections do that all over the country.
It doesnt do anything for me but I guess for others it does.

Dang, Penn State's got a lot of students...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_1aRRMlfyZao/Rw_RQYl_N-I/AAAAAAAABKQ/Kdut6q9ifu8/s720/psu_nd_2007_

56BISON73
09-09-2010, 08:53 PM
And may the force be with you...;)

Thats sausage. :D

MN_Moose
09-10-2010, 01:40 PM

close, it was Tony Robins.
NDSU paid nearly $13,000 for one employee to attend two seminars by motivational speaker Tony Robbins,

Facts
09-10-2010, 05:23 PM
NDSU paid nearly $13,000 for one employee to attend two seminars by motivational speaker Tony Robbins,

I can see 13,000 for Baskin Robins, but Tony Robbins?? Seriously??

bisonmike2
09-10-2010, 07:02 PM
I can see 13,000 for Baskin Robins, but Tony Robbins?? Seriously??

They should have just rented that movie with Jack Black and a fat Gweneth Paltrow. Tony Robbins gives out his best advice in that one would have cost them about $3. Or $5 if they would have bought it out of the bargain bin at Wal-Mart.

56BISON73
09-10-2010, 08:38 PM

No freaking way????????

EndZoneQB
09-10-2010, 09:05 PM
They should have just rented that movie with Jack Black and a fat Gweneth Paltrow. Tony Robbins gives out his best advice in that one would have cost them about $3. Or $5 if they would have bought it out of the bargain bin at Wal-Mart.

Shallow Hal is AWESOME. Member's only huh? What are you the only member?