PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. UNI going to be broadcast statewide

johnson
09-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Scott Peters just announced on the news that the game has been picked up statewide.

Bison"FANatic"
09-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Nice!!!!!!!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Scott Peters just announced on the news that the game has been picked up statewide.

Hope this is true.

Can this be varified?

tjbison
09-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Call your local NBC affiliate and ask

johnson
09-08-2010, 01:36 AM
Hope this is true.

Can this be varified?
Just going off of what Scott Peters said tonight during the 6pm news.

MN_BISON
09-08-2010, 01:38 AM
If Scott announced it on air, I'm guessing it's right. Now if only Mediacom would pick up the game. If there is anyone down in Iowa who knows if this is even is an option please let me know.

BisBison
09-08-2010, 12:39 PM
chirp, chirp, chirp, bump, still waiting for confirmation.

THE HERD
09-08-2010, 01:11 PM
This would be awesome if it is true, since I will be out in the western part of the state this weekend. Any confirmation yet??

No_Skill
09-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Keep calling in. Calls equal interest in the eyes of the media and interest equals money.

THEsocalledfan
09-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Since not one seems willing to help on the slingbox idea, does anyone know how far south KVLY goes into SD? Do they have it in Watertown? Or do I need to go all the way to Sisseton?

Swany
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm told there should be an announcement coming sometime this morning regarding statewide coverage of the NDSU v. UNI game.

mebisonII
09-08-2010, 01:37 PM
If Scott announced it on air, I'm guessing it's right. Now if only Mediacom would pick up the game. If there is anyone down in Iowa who knows if this is even is an option please let me know.

I'm not sure if this helps you or not, but the game will be on KWWL, the local NBC affiliate out of the Waterloo area. I don't know how cable companies work, so I don't know how to tell you if its an option if Mediacom would pick it up.

Bison"FANatic"
09-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Since not one seems willing to help on the slingbox idea, does anyone know how far south KVLY goes into SD? Do they have it in Watertown? Or do I need to go all the way to Sisseton?

In my experience Sisseton is about the limit. Then you get up into the hills and it gets spotty.

EndZoneQB
09-08-2010, 03:19 PM

I'll buy a slingbox if you wanna chip in ;)

THEsocalledfan
09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
I'll buy a slingbox if you wanna chip in ;)

i have one already. Looking for someone who already has one that I can sling into. They are pretty reanable at Sam's Club.

WYOBISONMAN
09-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Hell, $9.95 for the stream from UNI is a good deal. I am going to do that and then run it to my TV via my HDMI output on my laptop.

bison_05
09-08-2010, 04:14 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/NDBison
this was just posted on NDSU's facebook page.

KilldeerBison
09-08-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/NDBison
this was just posted on NDSU's facebook page.

Looks official, thanks you NBC for picking this up statewide.

bisonmike2
09-08-2010, 04:34 PM

You can not get KVLY in Watertown. Sisseton, maybe. I know my parents have pulled it in while camping at Lake Traverse.

EndZoneQB
09-08-2010, 04:52 PM
You can not get KVLY in Watertown. Sisseton, maybe. I know my parents have pulled it in while camping at Lake Traverse.

I'm fairly certain since the DTV switch that stations footprints are much smaller.

freelancer
09-08-2010, 05:02 PM
It's Official (but the broadcast will not have local announcers):

FARGO, N.D.--The Missouri Valley Football Conference game between No. 21-ranked North Dakota State University (1-0) and No. 13/14-ranked University of Northern Iowa (0-0) at the UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls is scheduled to be televised statewide at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, on the North Dakota NBC network of stations -- KVLY-TV (Channel 11, NBC, Fargo),(KFYR-TV, Channel 5, Bismarck; KQCD-TV, Channel 7, Dickinson; KMOT-TV, Channel 10, Minot; KUMV-TV, Channel 8, Williston).

Kickoff is scheduled for 6:37 p.m. The game will be produced and broadcast by KWWL-TV (Ch. 7.1, Waterloo). The announcers include Jeff Mickey (play-by-play), Rick Coleman (analyst) and Eric Braley (sideline reporter).

MN_Moose
09-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Please accept our apologies in advance of the UNI / NDSU football game. The analyst, (Rick Coleman) sports director for KWWL is a U of I alumn and un apologetic hawkeye *** kisser. When the other game in the state concludes, Rick will be like a giddy school boy with his emotions running un-checked for the love of his hawks.

Each time Rick mentions the hawks, take a drink.

over / under on hawk mentions 31

Sincerely KWWL

EndZoneQB
09-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Please accept our apologies in advance of the UNI / NDSU football game. The analyst, (Rick Coleman) sports director for KWWL is a U of I alumn and un apologetic hawkeye *** kisser. When the other game in the state concludes, Rick will be like a giddy school boy with his emotions running un-checked for the love of his hawks.

Each time Rick mentions the hawks, take a drink.(shot)

over / under on hawk mentions 31

Sincerely KWWL

lmao, awesome idea Farva. I'm in for that.